• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters
Chapter 46. Pinkie in a Pink helmet.

Chapter 46. Pinkie in a Pink helmet.

Blood Moon sat on her throne literally working her magic. She wasted no time converting the whole government into her own. She was magically implanting her own ideas in the minds of the ponies. Those ponies would spread her propaganda and make sure her rule would continue smoothly. Some things were as easy as replacing Celestia’s image with her own. Some were a bit more difficult, they sometimes required something that was closer to a complete memory change.

Sitting behind her, invincible, was Discord. He was just sitting there, grinning because his plan finally showed some progress and it only required him to throw a human through a wall.

He patiently waited until she had finished brain-washing the last ponies, then he became visible and stepped out in front of her.

“Hello, Moon, how is it hanging?” He asked, way to cheerful for the situation.

She reacted, against his suspicions, calmly. “Discord, I already had a strong feeling that you had something to do with it.”

“Of course I did. Did you think that the human could crash through the wall himself?” Discord thought for a moment. “That would be hilarious though.” He smiled at Blood Moon.

She just gave him a flat stare. “Hold your nonsense to yourself and tell me why you have come to me.”

“Oh, you know you love me.” He said as he trailed a claw under her chin. Then Discord’s face went from happy to serious. “Since I freed you, I ask you to let me roam free in Equestria, maybe help you rule. Generally do anything else than being stone or manipulating some human.”

Blood Moon nodded. “I’m sure that we can figure something out, but I’m going to take over Equestria first. There is something you could help me with.”

“And what would that be?”

“At the moment Martin is convincing the Elements to join my cause. You are going to assist him.”

Discord gave a salute. “Yes, mam!” He yelled before teleporting away.


Martin ran through the streets, following Twilight to Celestia knows where. He knew that this was serious and the fact that Blood Moon was expecting her to sway the Elements wasn’t making it easier. They were running through the streets, catching looks from all the other ponies outside.

“Martin! Catch up!” Twilight yelled to him.

Martin huffed. “Sorry, I just don’t have so many legs as you!” He yelled back to her between breaths.

He heard Twilight grunt and saw her horn charge up. A quick flash later and he was stumbling besides Twilight.

After a few seconds he was steadily running besides her. “Where are we going?”

“First we are going to Fluttershy and Rarity. We’ll send Fluttershy to fetch Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Then we are passing back through town to get Pinkie and then to the station.” She said while running steadily. Martin nodded and they ran on.

Soon they nearing the town limit and Rarity’s house came into view. We sprinted the last few hundred meters and while Martin was leaning against the wall, breathing heavily, while Twilight was rapping on the door.

Martin peered through a window and saw nothing that looked like a white unicorn. Twilight was hopping in place, the sweat showing on her forehead. Martin saw Rarity come down the stairs with an annoyed look on her face.

After a few more raps on the door from Twilight Rarity yelled, annoyed, ‘I’m coming’ a few times.

When Rarity finally opened the door the worried look on Twilight’s face scared her to death. “Twilight, dear, what has happened?”

“I…, Celestia…, Luna…,” Twilight looked at Martin. “Martin, will you tell them?”

Martin was staring at nothing and didn’t respond to Twilight. Not until a poke from Twilight did he look up.

He started staring back into nothing again. “I have magic.”

Rarity raised an eyebrow at this. “Magic?”

“Corrupted magic mostly. No one knows how I got it, only that it isn’t good for anyone. I already ruined Twilight’s couch with it.” He stopped for a second. “I have ruined something else this time.”

“What?” Rarity asked, sounding urged.

“It’s whom. It was Luna and she turned into… something. She calls herself Blood Moon. I think she has done something to Princess Celestia, but I don’t know what exactly. ”

Rarity turned to Twilight and whispered. “Did she turn into Nightmare Moon?”

“Not exactly, but close.” Twilight whispered back. “At least, as far as I know.”

Martin continued. “I had a confrontation and realized that I don’t love her nor ever did. She still loves me and because of that she tried to employ me. She said that I need to sway the Elements of Harmony to her cause.”

“And what cause may that be?” Rarity asked.

“To rule the world with me by her side.”

“I see.” Rarity said. She turned to Twilight. “I assume you were going to get the others?”

“Yes. We have to gather the girls and meet at the train station. The Elements are in Canterlot and we need to pick them up and we need to be quick.” Twilights sighs. “We need to find the Princess too.”

Rarity nodded and had a determined look on her face. “I’ll go get Applejack and go to the station. I’ll meet you there. I just have to tell Sweetie that I’m going.”

Twilight thanked Rarity as Rarity ran back into the house.

Twilight turned to Martin. “We have to go to Fluttershy.” She lifted Martin up to a standing position with her magic. “Let’s go.” She said sternly.

Martin gave her a faint nod and followed her when Twilight started running into the direction of Fluttershy’s house.

After a while they arrived at Fluttershy’s house, meeting few ponies on the way. Martin thought about Blood Moon on the way there. He was mentally beating himself up about Luna turning evil. He caused it, even if he didn’t meant it. Then there was Discord; he made a pact with the one who ruined his life. What was he even thinking when he agreed to his offer. Doing Discord knows what for a chance to get back home. It would be cowardly to flee after making such a mess. He was hoping that Twilight could solve the mess with the help of the Elements and that he could leave this mess behind him. The only difficult thing on his part was breaking the news to Blood Moon. There was one thing that he was certain of right now and that was that Blood Moon wasn’t going to be happy.

Twilight was much calmer than before and wasn’t rapping on the door like a madman, but when there wasn’t any sound from behind the door she got a concerned look on her face. When a quick peek through the window didn’t make her any wiser she started to get worried.

She tugged on Martin’s shirt with her magic and led him alongside the house. There they saw Fluttershy feeding some animal. When the animals noticed Martin coming they fled the scene and Fluttershy looked up.

When she saw Twilight and Martin she got a smile on her face. “Uhm… Hello Twilight, Martin. What can I do for you?”

Before Martin could say a thing Twilight beat him to the chase. “A situation came up and we need to go to Canterlot. Something has happened to Luna and Celestia is hurt.” She said stern, not once she faltered, unlike at Rarity’s.

“Oh my, what do I need to do?” Fluttershy said, sounding worried enough to make even the manliest man concerned.

“You need to fly to Rainbow and tell her to meet us at the train station. We’re going to Canterlot.”

Fluttershy got a determined look on her face and nodded. “I’ll see you there.” Then she flapped her wings and flew towards some clouds in the distance.

Twilight turned to Martin. “Let’s go. We still need to Pinkie.” With another tug on Martin’s shirt she urged him back towards Ponyville.

After more running and more strange looks from ponies they stood in front of Sugar Cube Corner. When Twilight was about to knock on the door it swung open and Pinkie was standing in front of them, looking ready for a war. She was wearing a pink helmet and had a bandolier with candies in them slung around her.

“Let’s go Twilight, let’s catch this meanie.” She then paraded through Martin and Twilight and went on her way to the station. “Let’s GO!” She yelled back at the pair who was still standing in front of the door, mouths open from surprise.

“Did she just…?” Martin started

“Don’t question it.” Twilight responded.

After they had closed their mouths they followed Pinkie towards the station.

After a sprint they made it to the station and they found the other girls waiting there.

Rainbow was the first to notice them and she flew up to them. “Twilight! What the hay is going on right now?”

“There is a situation with the Princesses. We need to get to Canterlot immediately and get the elements.” Twilight explained.

Rainbow still wasn’t satisfied. “I’m gonna need a little more than that.”

“Luna turned into Blood Moon, some sort of Nightmare Moon, and did something to Celestia.”

Rainbows eyes widened. “Yea, that’s a valid reason to wake me this early.”

Twilight gave her a flat stare. “It is around 10.”

“Early for me.” Rainbow responded as if it was a fact.

“Sure.” Twilight said. She turned towards the rest of the girls. “Alright, we have to be on this train,” She pointed to the current train in the station. All the girls and Martin nodded.

“Let’s do this!” Twilight and Martin said at exactly the same time.

Author's Note:

Well, this has been a long time.
It's a holiday for me and basically that is one of the few reasons that i am able to write. Too much too do and so little time.
This also isn't a guarantee that more is coming, maybe in a few weeks or maybe days. I don't know.

Anyhow, have fun!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment