• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33. Trying his hand at magic, or rather, losing one.

Chapter 33. Trying his hand at magic, or rather, losing one.

Celestia read the part about the brain-picking again. It said that it would like to use a newly developed method of sedation method. It would keep the person/pony under a heavy magical sedation that would allow the doctors to do surgery better. It would also allow the doctors to remove Martin’s brain without damaging him in any way. He would even be breathing throughout the whole progress. The brain could be examined by the doctors in a special way, by seeing how it functioned.

If the brain would be removed several magical connections would keep the nerves intact. This would allow the doctors to see where several signals will be sent from and to. They could even ask Martin questions as the new method would keep him awake.

Celestia was going to talk to Martin about this. She knew it would be useful, but something like this would have to be asked. The method was unproven and she didn’t know if it would be smart to test it on an extraterrestrial being.

She looked through the rest of the papers, finding only a couple of small tests and the question he was going to ask. She found no problem with the questions, as they were small and calm in nature.

She sighed and grabbed the piece of cake, putting the papers aside. She went back to enjoying her evening.

-------------------------------------------The next day, in the library.----------------------------------------------

Martin rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he got off the couch. He looked around with sleepy eyes for a while before getting standing up. He got up and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass of water and gulped it down.

Only then he noticed that he toppled Spike over in his journey to the kitchen. Spike crawled up again, a bit grumpy now, and walked over to Martin.

“Maybe you could look where you walk.” Spike grumbled. He rubbed in his eyes too and his mood cleared up a bit. “Could you get me a glass too?”

“Sure,” Martin said as he grabbed another glass and filled it. He handed it to Spike. “Here you go.”

Thanks came through the water as Spike walked back into the living room. Martin, after putting his glass down, followed him into the living room. He sat down on the couch and grabbed the book he read a bit in yesterday.

It was another book on symbology, but this one had the words advanced written on it. He put it back on the shelve and grabbed the one next to it. He now had the beginner’s version in his hands and thought that it would be a better place to start.

He flipped through the first few pages, they were mostly the authors and the title page, and arrived at the first chapter. ´Symbology for foals.´ He went to the first few paragraphs and started reading.

He had been reading for a while when Twilight came down the stairs, sporting a classical bed mane. She gave grumble that had to be seen as a greeting, and walked into the kitchen. She emerged with a glass of milk in her magic. As she drank from the glass she walked over to Martin, trying to get a look at the book he was reading.

Her eyes were half closed so she couldn’t really get a good look. She placed the glass on a desk and rubbed her eyes a bit. “What are you reading?”

“Some book about magical symbols,” Martin said as he showed her the cover. “I’m just trying to understand some basic magic.”

“Shouldn’t you watch out with trying anything out,” Twilight said as she grabbed the glass once more. “Or you might ruin more couches.”

She sat down next to him and they read together for a while. Up until the point Spike came walking in, wearing an apron, and said that breakfast was ready. They followed him into the kitchen and sat down.

They enjoyed the meal that Spike had prepared for them and after they were done Martin went back to reading, Twilight went off to Fluttershy to help her with something and Spike went off to Rarity’s, doing Celestia knows what.

Martin got an idea and grabbed the writing utensils he needed. He looked at the book, re-reading the instructions, and drew a symbol on the piece of paper.

The symbol he drew was a simple one. It was supposed to make the object it was drawn on disappear, requiring only a very small amount of magic. He thought that something as small as this wouldn’t hurt anyone or anything.

He had no idea how to use magic so he just concentrated on his hand. He tried to get it to warm up, wave it at it, rub his hand on the paper, but nothing worked. The ink didn’t light up, the paper didn’t disappear nor did it started to move.

He got a bit angry and slammed his hand down on the piece of paper.

Nothing happened.

He slammed again.

Nothing happened, again.

He slammed again.

This time something happened. The paper fell to the ground and something more happened. The paper disappeared and Martin cheered. “Woohoo!” Martin jumped up and pumped his arm into the air.

He then looked at his hands and noticed something. He only had one. The hand with which he slammed the paper was completely gone. His arm ended at his wrist.

There was no stump, it just ended. It looked weird. If you looked into the end you would see a normal skin color, as if the hand never was there.

He plopped down on the couch and looked defeated at the hand, or rather, the place where it was.

“Well, this isn’t good,” He sighed. “How am I going to explain this to Twilight? Well, at least I can prank Spike with it.” Martin said to himself, trying to look at the bright side of life, but that’s a bit hard, when you miss one hand.

Author's Note:

He lost his hand and i loved writing it.
I expect a witty remark from you, Blade.
See ya'll.

PreviousChapters Next