• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21. Martin's Bad Magic.

Chapter 21. Martin's Bad Magic.

“C.. Corrupted magic.” Celestia said, looking very alarmed. “That is very bad.” She whispered under her breath.

“Do you know anything about this corrupted magic? Because I couldn’t find anything in the books in the library.” Twilight asked, picking up the shards. “Is there anything bad about it?” She asked, looking at the shards.

Martin just sat there, surprised that the princess dropped a cup. He was trying to get the tea out of his shirt by using a pillow to dab it.

“Corrupt magic is a very rare form of magic and is only useful in the most evil of spells.” Celestia said while making the shards disappear.

“The doctor said that the magic will release itself from by body eventually and that it might hurt somepony, but not that. ” Martin said, no so happy anymore with the magic in him.

“The magic will dissipate, but no so violently that it will hurt. Somepony would have to be extra receptive to that kind of magic to be affected.” As soon as she finished that sentence she lapsed into deep thought.

“Are there a lot of ponies that are that receptive to that kind of magic?” Martin asked, grabbing himself another cup of tea.

“I don’t know…” Twilight said, before being cut off by Celestia.

“Martin…” She began.

“Yes…?” He answered, worrying a bit.

“I don’t want you to see Luna anymore.” Celestia said calm.

Martin eyes went wide. “What?!” He yelled out. Twilight was just as surprised as he was, albeit a bit happy somewhere too. “Why?!” He yelled just as hard.

Celestia stayed calm. “I have my reasons.” She sighed. “I just don’t want you two to see each other. At least until after the therapy.”

“But… but…” Martin said, feeling as hopeless as a young foal trying to reach the cookie jar.

“No buts. This is final.” Celestia said, a bit harder then was necessary.

There was some silence for a few moment until Twilight spoke up. “He could come back
to Ponyville with me.” She proposed. “And he could be brought over for his therapy.” She said as a smile started to grow on her face.

“That sounds like a good idea. Is this alright with you, Martin?” Celestia asked, her face happier than before.

“Sure, anything is fine with me.” He said, sounding a bit sad.

“Then that is settled. You will leave tomorrow morning with Twilight.” Celestia said happily, but when she looked at the sad human her own mood was a bit dampened too. “You can say your goodbyes to Luna today.”

“Thanks.” Martin said, still sad.

They finished their cup of tea in silence, enjoying the peace and calm.

Twilight spoke first. “Excuse us, princess. We have to go pack out things.” She said while standing up and trotting towards the door. Martin got the hint and followed her to the door.

Celestia smiled and nodded, opening the door for Twilight and Martin.

They walked out of the room and towards their room to pack the little things that Martin possessed.


So the human has corrupted magic and is sad. Well the magic part isn’t such an surprise. One would be surprised how easy it is to make corrupted magic, you just have to put it in the human world for a while.

The human’s sadness and anger will become so useful that I am almost thinking of doing nothing, but that would be too easy. And we need to keep thing fun, don’t we.

Ugh, of course we do.’ Discord said to his exact cope.

Monologues are so last year, so do you have a monocle.

I have a monocle, a top hat and one biscuit.’ One discord said while he threw the monocle and top hat to the other one.

Thank you. Shall we go back to spying, my worthy adversary?

We shall indeed.

The discord’s returned to the art of human gazing, in which Lyra had a gold medal. (awarded by the Discordant Olympics.)


Martin sulked through the hallways alongside Twilight who tried to cheer him up.

“Can I go get some books from the library?” Martin said emotionless.

“That wouldn’t be a problem. I have most of those books at home, in the library.” Twilight said, making an mental checklist of what to bring from the castle. I wasn’t very long, but there were a few books on it. “On second thought. Let’s pop by, there are some books that I need.”


“Fine.” Martin mumbled.

The walk to the library was completed in silence. When they entered the library Martin plopped down on one of the pillows while Twilight started searching for her books.

Martin grabbed some of the books that were in the bookcase closest to him. Most of them were cooking books, but behind them he saw a dusty old book.

“Come on, Martin, let’s go.” Twilight said from the hallway.

Martin quickly grabbed the book and rushed after Twilight.

They continued their trek through the castle.

“Where are we going?” Martin asked as they walked through another door.

“Just going to my chamber. I have to do something. You can do something for yourself.” Twilight’s expression faltered a bit. “Or you can spend some time with Luna.” She said as if it hurt, which it mentally did.

Their paths split and Twilight took a right while Martin walked on, not knowing where he would end up.

He ended up at a large sitting room, the floor covered in pillows and various other things. He plopped down and thought for a bit.

What am I going to sat to Luna. That I am just not ready yet for… for… anything really. I just had the lawsuit and I have the therapy on the horizon. Maybe it is a good thing to do things a bit slower. Luna is a very nice mare, but having an interracial relationship is something new to me and will be something that I have to get used to.’ He rubbed his eyes. ‘I just hope that things aren’t getting worse with all this corrupt magic messing things up. Twi did seem happy, somehow. That mare keeps surprising me.

Martin laid there for a while, closing his eyes. He dozed off, the book still in his hands.

Meanwhile Celestia was going over some very old notes, bound in an book. As she carefully flipped through them she came across the one that she was looking for.

It confirmed her fears. Nightmare Moon was created by corrupted magic.

Author's Note:

The chapter is one day late, i know. but you're spoiled as is. Don't complain.
See ya next time.

PS: Don't forget the feedback.

PreviousChapters Next