• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32. Martin´s letter.

Chapter 32. Martin´s letter.

The psychiatrist put his pen down and looked at the stack of papers he had written. It consisted of several plans of approach, a couple eyewitness reports and a few medical reports. The medical reports didn´t contain much, just a couple of paragraphs about his, mostly failed, treatment.

He had been writing for a while now and was very tired. He wanted to go to sleep, but had to mail it to the princess for her approval. She decided that everything concerning the human should be approved by her, for she wanted to make sure that nothing like the past tragedy would happen again.

He decided not to bring them personally and called his assistant and asked him if he could bring them to the princess. The assistant got the papers and walked to the princess´s room.

The psychiatrist rubbed in his eyes and locked the door. He walked along his path towards his house.

What he didn´t see was that a couple of papers in his office glowed for a bit, its contents altered.


Luna was lying on her bed, reading Martin´s letter. She just received it, sealed with Twilight seal, but with her name on it. She already laid the ink, quills and scrolls ready for another letter to Martin, but she was rereading it for good measure.

Dear Luna,

I´m glad to see that we can write this easily. On Earth his would´ve taken a lot longer. I still am amazed by magic every day. The medallion thingy that Celestia sent to me would help greatly in containing the corrupted magic in my body. Maybe even to such an extent that we can sit next to each other without the whole world getting destroyed.

I hope that the therapy will of alright and that I won´t be stuck with a no-good psychiatrist. I had some experiences with psychiatrist that weren´t really up to standard. I won´t tell my whole past to you now, that´ll have to wait for another time. (And I’m too lazy to write it all down right now.)

I still am thinking about how I got here. I asked Twilight, but she has no idea and neither does Celestia. I asked Celestia if she could send me back, but she had no idea. I was wondering if you had any idea on how to get a connection to Earth.

The things here are so amazing, flight and magic, that I really don´t want to leave. But then there is the problem of my family. I don´t want to leave them without a last visit, maybe even a couple of visits. I am wondering what my family´s reaction would be to you, or any pony for that matter. I am sure that my sister wouldn´t stop laughing at me for ´playing´ with ponies and that my younger sister wouldn´t stop yelling that she would finally get a pony. But I know one thing, whatever they say I won´t leave neither you nor Equestria forever.

I am looking forward to seeing you again and hope that everything will be fine.

With greetings,

Martin.

Luna put the letter in a small box, that was worn by time and that had only a couple of items in it, all of them of great value to her. It contained a moon rock, the first one she collected of the surface of the moon, a small scroll with a couple of scribbles on it and a small burning gem, an old gift from Celestia which she cherished. The scroll joined them and the box closed again, the key twisted and the box was locked again.

She gave a happy sigh and grabbed the writing utensils. She smiled as she wrote the first few words on the paper and smiled even more as she wrote the rest.


Celestia was enjoying a slice of cake, even though she should be doing something governmental, but a servant interrupted her. She quickly hid the cake, knowing that she shouldn’t be eating it.

She was on a diet because apparently Appleoosan apple cake, it´s even better tasting than their apple pie, isn´t as good for your figure as she thought. She always kept one in one of her drawers for those long nights of writing reports. The problem is that it got a bit too habitual and after a while the castle´s psychiatrist prescribed her a nice strict diet and then another problem rose. Celestia never was able to keep to strict things, so the cake supple was kept flowing and she kept consuming.

She wiped the last crumbs of her muzzle as the servant laid a think pack of paper in front of her and asked her to read through it and give it her approval. She gave a nod and put the stack in front of her.

She sighed as she looked at the red high-priority stamp. She would have to get it done tonight, so there went her evening. She sighed again and looked at the first page of the stack.

´The treatment of the human.´ was written across it. She raised an eyebrow as she read through the first few papers, which were essentially her own words. It was literally her report that was used as an intro.

After digging through a lot of her own material she finally came to the new bits.

She read the stack quickly first and noticed something interesting. The psychiatrist proposed joined treatment. He wanted to treat Martin and Dr. Acula together since the cause of their problems is partly joined. She thought that it would be interesting, but some problem would arise. She made a small not, saying that she would like to join the joint sessions. She hoped that the psychiatrist wouldn´t mind herself being there, but she knew that it wouldn´t be a problem. Being the ruler of a country has it perks.

She read some of the last things, namely the experiments he wanted to perform on Martin. She gave a surprised look as she tried to take in what the psychiatrist wrote down. It said that he wanted to examine Martin´s brain.

Author's Note:

another chapter.
Fun fact: the word count in this chapter is exactly 2 to the power of 9.
Have a good night/afternoon/morning/midday/whatever your regional equivalent is.
See ya´ll.

PreviousChapters Next