• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35. The wrong drink.

Chapter 35. The wrong drink.

Martin lost a hand, something that he hasn’t told to anyone or anypony, but he gained a pet, an awesome one with that. He was walking along side Twilight through town, very surprised that nopony actually noticed the cloth on one of his arms.

Twilight was so sunken in her own thoughts that she didn’t even thought about asking about the cloth. She kept on talking about symbols and magic and so much other stuff that Martin stopped listening after 5 minutes. He just walked alongside her as they walked towards the library.

He gave most of his attention to his new pet. The eagle was quite nice to him in comparison to the expectations Martin had. Martin thought that the eagle would be proud and not let him touch you or that it would be so frightened of him that the eagle wouldn’t even come close to him.

Martin never really had a pet that he liked. He only ever had a couple of fish, but he usually killed them within a couple of days. He gave up the idea of pets altogether after fish number 42 died.

But he was happy that the eagle accepted him as his owner. He petted him a couple of times and the bird returned his affection. He was glad to have something by his side that wasn’t a pony or a cynical dragon.

When they arrived at the library Martin had a couple of marks on his fingers. He patted his pet a bit too vigorously and the bird pecked at his fingers a couple of times.

He sat down on the couch, taking care that his hand is still covered. He still had to think of a way to tell Twilight without making her destroy half of Ponyville in surprise. The bird on his shoulder flew towards Owlowlicious, who was sitting in one of the windows, looking at a book.

Twilight walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. She came walking into the room again and looked at Martin. She tilted her head as she noticed something. Martin’s ex-hand was no longer covered by a cloth. “Can humans take off their hands?”

Martin shot up, shocked at her statement. “Uhm,” Martin looked at his arm. “No.”

“Then why is your hand gone?” Twilight asked as she took a closer look.

Martin used his left-over hand to point to the open book on the table, which he had thrown to the side in confusion earlier.“I tried to use a simple disappearance symbol to make a piece of paper again. Let’s just say that a little bit more than just the piece of paper disappeared.”

Twilight walked over to the book and took a peak. “You wrote the symbol on the piece of paper or on your hand?”

“I wrote it on the piece of paper, it said so in the book.” Martin said as he pointed to the corresponding page.

“That shouldn’t have made your hand disappear. How did you perform the spell?” Twilight asked as she took a look around the room for the piece of paper. She couldn’t find it.

“It wouldn’t disappear so I slammed my hand on it a couple times. Then my hand disappeared. I have no idea how it happened.” Martin said as he rubbed over the stump. “It wasn’t cut off or anything, but it just disappeared.”

Twilight scrunched her face as she thought of something. She took a sip. Then her facial expression took a U-turn. “WHAT!” She screams. “You lost what?!”

I think that it finally came through to her.’ Martin thought, just as all hell was about to break loose.

Twilight’s face contorted into an angry face. “You managed to lose your hand?! How did you do that?!”

“I… uh-just did something.” Martin said, a bit surprised at her reaction, even though he was expecting it.

“I don’t lose my hoof, do I?” Twilight yelled. Then, in a split second, her whole expression changed. “But what if the princess finds out about it? What if she punishes me for negligence? What if I get sent to the moon or forced to hoofwrite the Equestrian law book or be forced to hoofwrite the Equestrian law book on the moon. And what if I get sent to magic kindergarten after it.”

Twilight went from a raging unicorn to a paranoid one, sitting on the ground, looking crazy. “Uhm… are you alright?” Martin said as he walked over to the mare, who was stroking her tail at this point.

“Of course I am alright, Can’t you see that I’m alright. I’m perfectly fine. I think that I’ll talk to my parents, see if they can escort me to the kindergarten.” Twilight said, some hairs in her mane starting to go everywhere.

“Maybe you should have some more water.” Martin said as he held the glass of water in front of her face.

“Nah, won’t need it. I got my tears right here.” Twilight said as she batted the glass away. The glass went sailing through the air, landing in front of Spike.

After Spike got himself a bath he walked up to Twilight. “Has she gone crazy again?”

Martin nodded.

“Didn’t you use to have two hands?” Spike asked as he picked up the glass and walked into the kitchen.

“Huh, what?” Martin didn’t want to have another crazy creature at hand, so he quickly returned with another question. “Is there a way to get Twilight fixed?”

“Hit her on the head a few times?” Spike said as he grabbed a mop. “It might help. Just give her a cup of yellow tea, the special one made by Fluttershy. It calms her down enough to be reasoned with.”

Martin cradled Twilight in crazy mode. “Could you get me a cup of that stuff?”

Spike mopped up the last of the water and started walking to the kitchen. “Sure, I’ll make some for
us too.”

Martin sat there for a few moments, looking at Twilight, with her eyes opened, looking into nothing.

Spike walked out of the kitchen with three cups of a black liquid in his claws. “Here you go.” He said as he gave a cup to Martin. “Will you or I give it to her?”

“I’ll do it.” Martin said as he started slowly pouring the black liquid through her lips. She willingly swallowed and drank the liquid with gusto.

After he was done giving Twilight the drink Spike gave him his cup. He started drinking, but noticed something weird. “This doesn’t taste like tea.” He said as he smacked his lips, getting a good taste. “I tastes more like coffee.”

Spike took a look at his drink. “Oops”

Author's Note:

Late, very late.
Reasons:
a 2 week long holiday
school
Dr. Who.
Ponies.
A lot of other stuff

Enjoy anyway

PreviousChapters Next