• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter. 9 Oatmeal.

Chapter 9. Oatmeal

Martin woke up and walked out of the room towards the dining room. When he arrived there he saw tree ponies sitting there: Celestia, Right Rights and Twilight.

“Hi Twilight.” Martin said as he sat down on a chair on the opposite side of where the others sat.

“Hi Martin, long time no see. I hope you had a good time with Celestia and Luna.” She said, with a sad undertone.

“Celestia and Luna were great company, especially Luna. And I talked about the trial with Saul here. I hope it is going to
go well today.” Martin said while grabbing some more oatmeal and a jumbo bottle of syrup.

“That’s wonderful.” Twilight said, with the same undertone as before.

“Hey Martin, I’ve got the perfect statement for you, prepared by me and the princess. With this we’ll surely keep you out of the prison. Just don’t say anything about the ‘help from a princess’ thing. That would make the whole lawsuit void and I would have to start all over again. ” Rights said while scribbling something on a piece of paper.

“Thanks for making one for me.” Rights handed the stamen over to him. “Just let me read it.” He leaned back and ate his oatmeal and read the statement like the good human he was.

“So we’ve discussed everything princess.” Rights asked the princess.

“I’m sure we’ve covered everything, mister Rights. I will see after the lawsuit.” Celestia responded.

“Until then, wish me luck.” Rights said while walking out of the room toward where ever he was going and Celestia followed short after finishing her own breakfast.

Martin looked up from the statement and said to Twilight: “So why are you here? I thought you were going to stay in Ponyville when I saw you walking away.” Martin said, quite sad about what happened earlier.

“I couldn’t stay mad at you. But yes, I was very sad in the days after. I thought some about what happened and talked to some of my friends. I got over it and hope to get a good explanation from you in the next few days.” Twilight said while using a spoon to eat some of Martin’s oatmeal.

“I’m sorry that you were sad over me and I’m sure that you will get a satisfactory explanation from me. Maybe we can talk it over after the lawsuit. I hope this will get better afterwards.” Martin said while covering his oatmeal from the invading spoon.

“Oh, I’m sure I will hear a good explanation from you in court as I am the public prosecutor that will be the one sitting on the bench opposite to you. I was appointed the special public prosecutor by Celestia. That happened when I helped run a lawsuit against a griffon who used a unicorn to mug a large amount of ponies in Canterlot. She was impressed with how I helped and made me a public prosecutor. I helped in just a few lawsuits after that, but she thought that I should be in this trial especially.” Twilight said while grabbing a bowl of oatmeal of her own.

“Wait what, you’re going to be my accuser. Did you know that all along? Are you seriously going to attack me, I’ll lose against you. That’s not fair.” He said while giving a pleading look at Twilight.

“I am going to give you a fair trial, as Celestia ordered me to do. And maybe you now know why I was so sad when you were moved to Canterlot. I knew that I had to be the prosecutor that would be against you. I’m sorry that I have to do what I’m going to have to do, but that’s the way it is. But I am going to give you a fair chance.” She said to him with a large smug grin on her face.

“Just give me a fair chance. That’s the only thing I ask of you, besides letting me win.” He said, just the last part a little softer.

“Can’t do that, just be a good human and say the statement Rights has made for you and all will be fine. We shouldn’t even be talking now, if the judges knew they would declare the trial invalid and you would go to jail immediately and I wouldn’t be capable of continuing my research and you would be looked at by others. That would be horrible.” Twilight said while getting a bit of a crazy look on her face.

“Just calm down. I think that even in prison you can research me, don’t you worry. If you are as good as I think you are, you can look at me all you want through some iron bars.” He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Hmf, If Rights is as good as he says he is. You’ll be fine.” Twilight said while throwing a spoonful of oatmeal at Martin.

“Great, I’m putting all my faith in a pony I don’t even know AND I’m going against a very smart pony. I’m do-o-omed.” He said while fake fainting.

“Oh stop being such a sissy and do whatever you need to do. I need to speak with some of the eyewitnesses and go to the courthouse. So I will see you in court. Good luck until then.” Twilight said after finishing her oatmeal. While she was walking out of the room she greeted Luna who was walking into the dining room at the moment.

“Good morning Martin. Care for some more oatmeal.” Luna said while having a bowl of oatmeal and a spoon shaped like a catapult in her magic.

The thought that shot through his mind was: ‘What is the obsession with oatmeal here?’

Author's Note:

I know it is short, but this way I'll get a larger amount of chapters out. And I'm working on another story, so that's got my attention too.
Also, keep your eyes on the cake.

PreviousChapters Next