• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6. Better call Saul

An update. I think that's quite rare. Anyway, this chapter was completely written on paper, around 18 small pages and around 3 pens (I broke 2). Sooooo.. sometimes in this chapter I switch Martin out for Marty, just ignore it, or complain. What ever floats your boat. This chapter is a bit short, but I'll make more. Maybe another week until the next one.

Chapter 6: Better call Saul

As he walked into the room where his lawyer would be he noticed something curious. There were guards almost everywhere. There was one in every corner of the room and there were 2 standing near each door.

At the round table in the middle sat a brown earth pony with an blindfolded pony for a cutie mark. He looked very confident and didn’t show any change in composure as Martin walked into the room.

Just before Martin walked too far into the room the Princess left him and assured him that she’ll be there when he was done and that it’ll all be fine. “I’ve even got you guards, see.” She said, a tad too happy.

He just shrugged and sat down on the opposite side of the stallion an as soon as he sat down in the chair it was as if an switch has turned the pony on.

“Hi, my name’s Right Rights, but my friends call me Saul. It’s better that you don’t ask. I’m your lawyer and I’m going to get you out of this mess. Just think of it as you’ve done nothing wrong. Now we are going for ‘all charges dropped’. At the most you’ll do community service for breaking their equipment. Just give me your ‘innocent’ statement and we’ll get to work.” He said while still having a confident grin plastered on his face.

“It’s that easy? Where I am from it would have gone a lot harder.” He asked Rights

“And that, kid, is the juristic paradise that is Equestria. I’ll have you free in no time.” He told Martin

“Good, good. Anyway, on with the statement.” Martin said, kind of annoyed that he’ll have to tell it again. He sighed, but he began retelling the story anyway.

During his story Rights was quiet, but his expression got more exited and he got more eager to talk. When Martin was finished he arched towards him. “So, what’s the verdict?” Martin asked.

The grin on Right’s face almost split it. “We’ve got a case cut out for us. This’ll be a cake walk. You we’re just held ‘captive’ They didn’t know how to properly treat you. This is a case of forsaking. The doctor didn’t treat you the right way and you reacted to that. They’ll pay some fine and you’ll do some community service and we’re done.”

Martin looked at him with surprise and disbelieve. “Are you sure, murder cases on my planet never go like that. You get at least some prison time.”

“Well kid. In Equestria there aren’t a lot of cases like this. An alien comes and kills somepony. So I think that they’ll go easy on you. If this was the Griffon court you’d be laid on the block faster that you can blink. You don’t want to be a lawyer there.” He laid back on his bench and began scribbling away.

“So it’s done then. I can go?” Martin asked.


Rights looked up. “Huh? Yea, you can go. I’ll make a statement and some other paperwork and I’ll see you before court. Also recommend me to any of your friends, just tell them to look for Saul.” He continued with his writing after he was done.

“Alright. Thanks.” Martin said, surprised with how quick and easy it went. He walked out of the door and saw a dark alicorn sitting there, who was slightly smaller that Celestia. She was reading a magazine about astronomy.

He walked up to her and said. “Uhm.. hi. I’m Martin. Wasn’t Celestia supposed to pick me up?”

The dark alicorn looked up and said to him. “Yes. She was supposed to, but she’s busy at the moment with your case and your citizenship. That’s a lot of paperwork. Anyway I’m Luna.”

“Wait, what, my citizenship?, but I don’t want to stay here. I want to go back to Earth. She didn’t even talk to me about it.” He said to her, worrying about his future.

“She told me nothing about that, only that for you to get any help with your case, regardless of the outcome, you would need to be an Equestrian citizen. And for an alien, that’s difficult.” She said with a deadpan look.

“So I can still go back? Well, that’s a relief.” He had tensed up during the time that Luna spoke, but his doubts were still there and he asked “So, what now?”

“We should wait for Tia to finish. Until then we can do whatever we want. But first, I want to know all about your world. How does it work? Do you also have a moon? What do you know about astronomy?” She asked in less time that should be possible.

Martin wanted to answer to her, but she was asking so quickly that he couldn’t get a word in between. And when he told her that they have a moon she began asking even more questions, something thought impossible before (around 120 QPM(questions per minute)). She asked who raised it, did that pony/person looked like her, how big was it, was there a sun.

“Slow down, yeesh.” He said, trying to slow her down. It kinda worked. She stopped asking questions, but she still kept staring straight at him, waiting for answers.

“I don’t think anyone raises the moon on my planet. Certainly no pony, And the size? It’s about an quarter of the diameter of earth.” As he said it Luna became ready for another question-salvo. As soon as he ended his answer she started again. If questions were bullets there wouldn’t be any left of him.

“But how is it raised then? By a another princess? *3 min later and 358 questions later* Please answer me.”

“It’s raised by no one , it isn’t raised, the earth turns to face it. *A lot of answers later* So that was that, any more. ” When he finished Luna looked at him with a face that didn’t show any understanding, mostly because a lot of the answer included things like the Internet, cats and TV.

“But how does the sun get raised on your planet then?” She asked with more curiosity, more that questions before.

“It’s the same, From our perspective the Earth turns to face the sun. The Earth orbits around the Sun and the Moon orbits around the Earth.” He said as they walked through the corridor towards Celestia’s office.

“Wow, that’s a lot different that from here. Do you control your weather with flying humans or with magic?”

He looked at her with a confused look for once. “Flying magic humans? I don’t think they exist. We don’t even control the weather and we don’t have any magic. We can just look at it that’s about it.”

AN: This is where I ran out of paper.

“Ah, interesting. Anyway we’ve arrived at Tia’s study”

Martin and Luna stood before two great golden doors. A small amount of sound came out of it.

Luna opened the doors with her magic. Inside they saw Celestia sitting to them with her back turned to them. She turned to them and what she was doing shocked Luna.

Author's Note:

Yay, more chapters. Also it is quite calming to watch knighty play Truck simulator. Also an pony vid to cure the hurt of not getting an chapter update. (That must have been hard.)

Also give a like. (I want to be at least even.)(And a fav?)

PreviousChapters Next