• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40. Violent words.

Chapter 40. Violent words.

The words Luna heard were so violent. She couldn't fathom anything using such words to describe their own children. She had heard of some bad cases since she picked up her place in the diarchy, but this surpassed everything, verbally then.

She was standing in the doorway, right behind Martin. In front of Martin was a man sitting in a large chair. On the stand next to the man, who was the one yelling at Martin, stood several empty bottles; Luna recognized them as beer bottles, their design similar to the few she had seen in Equestria. The smell of alcohol lingered in the room and Luna found the smell repulsive, almost as much as the man she saw in front of her disgusted her. His hair was unkempt, he looked as if he hadn't seen water in a week and he had large stains on his shirt. She couldn't even tell the original colour of the shirt, nor of the pants he was wearing, tattered as they were.

The words that Martin's father used to describe him ranged from 'useless', 'motherfucking bastard' to simply weird things; 'you son of a silly person' was one of them.

Martin just stood there, head bent down at the floor and holding a neutral expression, as if he was hearing his father sum up the grocery list. But there was something; after a few more minutes of ranting a single tear fell from his face. This went unnoticed by Martin's father, but Luna saw it and she felt compassion for Martin. 'No creature should undergo this and especially not Martin. With his situation he doesn't need nightmares too.'

As Luna finished her thought the father stopped ranting and stood up, his face red with anger. "And you never come back like this." He turned his back to Martin. "Go and get me a beer!" He yelled as he walked back to the chair.

"No." Martin silently said back to him.

"What did you say?!" His father yelled as he turned around, his head even redder than before.

"Are you deaf? I said: NO!" Martin screamed at his father. "I am sick with you drinking all the time. Go and do something useful!" This time it was Martin's turn to have a red head. He walked over to the empty bottled and knocked them over.

His father's head came close to exploding as the shattering of the bottles left the ears ringing of everyone standing in the room. Martin loomed over his father, seeming larger, and stared at him, almost as if he was asking him to do something.

And something he did. A crack sounded through the room. Martin stumbled back, away from his father, whose head was red with fury. A large red spot appeared on Martin's cheek, an angry, pulsating red spot that marked the place that Martin's father had hit him.

Luna's mouth fell open. Hitting one's child was considered a crime in Equestria and such it appeared only rarely. She felt anger well up, wanting to hurt anyone who hurt the ones she loved.

Martin's father walked up to Martin, raising his hand for another strike, but it never had contact with human skin. As the last wisps of magic disappeared from Luna's horn and the air around it, silence fell. Luna felt two pairs of eyes look at her with astonishment.

Luna just broke one of the few rules that she set for herself with visiting dreams, never make you known. Not because being there is dangerous, but because seeing their princess appears suddenly in a dream is a shocking thing to most Equestrians. This shock can cause anything from a mild headache to a full blown coma, but the worst cases only happened once or twice in all of Luna's dream travel. What it always caused though, except in rare cases, was the end of the dream and a sudden awaking of the one being visited and visitor.

But because Luna was visiting a human and her primal purpose wasn't going into a dream, the dream ended, but she wasn't thrown out.

The scene before Luna melted into darkness and she was falling again, deeper into Martin's mind.

After, what seemed to Luna as, seconds she hit a floor. She looked around and was surprised to see herself in a library. Many books filled the shelves around her. They were too far away to properly read the titles. When she had stood up she walked to the nearest bookcase. She tried to pry one book, titled 'Geography: Earth (general)', out of its spot on the shelve, but it wouldn't budge. Not even when she tried with her hooves of mouth did the book seem to move one millimeter (A/N: screw the imperial system.)

Luna felt a tap on her shoulder. She gasped and quickly turned around to see Martin stand in front of her. He looked at her with a blank expression.

"M-Martin?" Luna slowly asked the human in front of her.

"I represent the memory of Martin. I am only the librarian. If you wish to know anything that Martin knows, simply ask loudly and the knowledge will come towards you. The whole library and all sub-systems are voice-operated so it will be easy for a creature without fingers, like you, to acces this database." Martin said, almost like a robot. Luna realized that this wasn't Martin, just something that his mind conjured up, together with the library, to make his memory seem more organized.

Luna wasn't sure how much Martin knew about Equestria, but between the talks he had with her and Twilight and his time reading books, he should have gathered a substantial amount of knowledge. “Equestria." She said to the book case.

She heard a rustle coming from a bookcase on the other side of the library. She turned around to see a book flying towards her. She stumbled backwards, surprised that the books suddenly had the ability to fly. When she dared look at the airborne book again she saw that it was hovering at her eye level above the ground.

The book was aptly titled 'Equestria' and when her muzzle almost could touch the cover it flipped open. At the top of the page it said 'Content menu' and below that 'Please state the subject you wish to know about.' Luna took this as a hint and said her name to the page. The pages started turning quickly and they stopped at a page titled 'Chapter: Ponies; Luna.'

The page was slowly filled with information. At the top a picture of her face appeared, it looked rather good and Luna smiled as she saw herself. Below that it listed her name, age (it had a question mark next to it and this didn't surprise Luna in any way), height, last name (This one was empty). Below this was a description of her. It missed some key things about her, mostly things of her past that she opted not to tell Martin. But the description was written from a neutral point and only listed facts. She was a bit disappointed, but this disappeared quickly as another small line slowly appeared.

Relation:...

It took a few second for anything to appear, and she was puzzled why it came so late, but she was even more surprised with the result. 'Error!' flashed in front of her. The word slowly started to grow and turn an angry red. Not before long had the word enveloped the entire page, blocking away the other text.

A heavy thump resounded through the library as the book fell to the ground, the page still displaying the large 'Error.' Luna slowly backed away from the book, not having encountered something like this before. It was like the mind couldn't decide what to make of the situation between Luna and Martin.

"Explain this error to me, book!" She demanded of the book, decided not to just sit back and wait, but to do something.

The error message changed from 'Error' to something she understood even less:

#include <mind.io>
#include <memory.io>
#include <error.io>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdio.h>

using namespace std

char[40] R;
R = “”;
int RelationI = 0;


int main
{
getStatus(Relation) = Relation;
If(status.Relation != *)
{
print("Error!");
Repair();
}
else {
Continue();
}
int Repair()
{
getErrorStatus(Relation);
If(ErrorStatus(Relation) > 10)

{

getCause(Error) = String Cause;

Desintegration(Cause);

flight = false; reading = false; response = false;

exit(1);

}
}
}
end

This all seemed gibberish to Luna and she almost dismissed it, but the word disintegration caught her attention; it couldn't mean anything good. The fact that she was sure that she was the cause that it was going to disintegrate couldn't mean anything good too.

When she looked up from the book she saw that a grate had fallen down over every bookcase, blocking the books from sight. She heard a slight rumbling and looked to another corner of the library. One of the bookcases swung open and a something rolled out.

"Exterminate!" The thing yelled as it opened fire on Luna.

Author's Note:

A/N:
This chapter was completely written on my tablet and it was a pain. I am currentely on a holiday and I don't have a laptop nor word, so there will be a lot of spelling error, they will be corrected on a later date.. This was also written in the discomfort of my small tent, while the wind was howling around me.
The code is wrote was somewhat based on C++, but is faaaar from perfect. I wasn’t in the mood to make a working piece of code, don't blame the lazy writer. The message I meant to say with it should come through though.
 
Have fun and byeeeeeeeeeeee!

PreviousChapters Next