• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39. Into the dreams of a human.

Chapter 39. Into the dreams of a human.

Luna kept falling and falling. The fall seemed endless and the strange light at the end of the tunnel didn’t seem to get any closer.

Luna tried to use her magic to slow her fall, but she failed to conjure anything. Magic seemed to escape from her. She couldn’t bring any magic to appear in her horn and after a few failed attempts she stopped trying.

She tried to think of a way to escape this trap, but nothing that didn’t involve her horn came to mind. She had already tried to use her wings, but she didn’t seem to be able to move them an inch from her body.

She gave up, thinking of what might lay ahead of her. She feared it, but her curiosity got the best of her and she hoped that her fall might end soon, so she would find out what would lie ahead.

As soon as the though left her mind the trip ended. It seemed that thinking of the end of the trip caused it. ‘This might be useful on my journey through my beloved’s mind. Luna thought as she felt herself crashing into a floor.

She laid there on the ground; the ringing caused by the impact had caused a pain in her head that wouldn’t dissipate within seconds. Only after rubbing her temples for half a minute did the pain disappear and she was able to stand up and take in her surroundings.

She appeared to be in a small room with only 2 things in it, one very large screen, not unlike the previous one and a small map, hanging on the wall. The screen caught her interest and she walked to it.

This one seemed more expensive and more advanced than the previous one. This one lacked a keyboard though, so she saw no way to interact with the device.

After she looked around the device the found only one thing, a small button which had the general on/off symbol on it. She couldn’t hold in her curiosity, and there wasn’t anything else to do, and so she pressed the button.

A low buzzing sound came out of the screen before it switched on. It displayed only white noise, nothing more. The noise started to get annoying very quickly and started to hurt, so she tried tapping on the screen to change it.

As soon as her hoof left the surface the screen changed to a different vision. It changed to one of a city, not unlike Manehattan. She knew Martin wasn’t in Manehattan or any city else, so this place must’ve been the only other place his mind could reside in: the mind itself. He was dreaming and she was watching his dreams.

Luna knew a lot about dreams, she was the princess of the night after all, but it interested her to watch the dreams of another species.

She watched the scenery change from the city to a house, in front of a house to be exact. The view moved around, it was a bit sick making to her, seeing something move, but her body moving not an inch.

She closed her eyes and focused her magic, which she could use now again. She focused on the mind she was residing in. Usually it would be quite difficult to enter a mind with this large of a distance between her own body and the one she was entering, but since she already entered it, it was a cakewalk.

She saw the same as on the screen, but now she could move around herself.

As it always was in a dream, only the part that was in the mind of the dreamer was actually solid, or anything. The rest was white and if anypony would jump in it they could only escape if they could use magic, otherwise they would be stuck in limbo until the dream was over. And being stuck in limbo isn’t a pleasant experience.

The house she saw in front of her was one she saw only in the sub-urbs of Manehattan, one of the homes owned by the richer ponies. The house had 2 stories and an attic, a large front garden and a driveway. There was a extension from the side of the building, a garage, but since Luna had no idea what cars were she had no idea what the garage was meant for. She would to ask Martin about it when she was out of his mind, but that would reveal her plans, so she would have to wait for a good opportunity to ask.

In front of her she saw Martin walk up to the front door and open it. He hesitated for a second before entering the house. She couldn’t see his face, but the small stop in his walk ensured her that there was something in the house that made him hesitate. She heard the sound of a door closing as she hesitated. Should she enter or not?

After a few seconds she decided to enter the house. She looked behind her and saw the limbo advance as more and more of the front garden disappeared. She walked up to the door and walked right through. Being in a dream has its advantages.

She walked into the hallway and stood behind Martin. He couldn’t see her. He only could if Luna revealed herself to him and she wasn’t going to.

Martin stood in front of the staircase and sounds came from the living room. Martin though about what to do. Go upstairs and avoid his family or walk in and talk to them. Luna had no idea why he would avoid them. As much as they talked about his home, back on earth, she had no idea how his family was.

Martin, after some hesitation walked into the living room and Luna heard an argument rise. She hesitated to enter the room, not wanting to eavesdrop on his family. Her curiosity got the better of her and she walked into the room. The words that were thrown at Martin surprised her quite a bit.

Author's Note:

So, this is going to be the last chapter for a month, most likely. I am going on a three day holiday to Iceland, so uploading opportunities are going to be few and far in between.
Have fun and good times.

PreviousChapters Next