• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,960 Views, 101 Comments

The Choice - Not_available_now



A person appears in Equestria and the choice of rescueing it or destoying it lies in his hands

  • ...
30
 101
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3. Meeting the bearers, sort a.

Chapter 3: Meeting the bearers, sort a

When Martin woke up he had a headache. He had quite the weird dream, he dreamt about technicolor things, ‘equines weren’t it.’ He discarded it as something he probably had seen on TV.

Ugh, I have to get up for school, why do I have to go, I’m going on vacation in two days.’ He decided not to get up immediately, he just wanted to lay down for another 5 minutes.

He then felt a nudge in his side, “Just five more minutes.” Another nudge. “Not now, Mom!” “I am not your mom, Martin.”

He shot up with a jolt. He turned his head towards the voice. When he looked up what he saw was a purple pony looking towards him with a large grin.

“Hello, Martin. You are staying here until the Princess finds a way to send you back to your home, until then you have to stay here and- ”

“Wait a minute, what did you just say? Is this all real. Why am I even talking to you, it is all a dream. In just a minute I’ll wake up and everything will be fine.” He then started whispering to himself: “It is just a dream, it is just a dream.”

“Of course it isn’t a dream, you silly!” A pink pony said, her head popping out of a basket that stood in the corner.”

“Pinkie, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“I’m just visiting the new pony in town, you silly filly.” Pinkie answered.

“Hey, I’m not a pony, I’m human.” Martin interrupted.

“Okey dokey lokey, mister Hyoo-man.” Pinkie said, “And now I’m off planning the party for the new pony.” She said, disappearing back into the basket.

“I’m not a pony, you know what, never mind. I’m going back to sleep and when I wake up I am lying in my bed. Away from the crazy pink ponies.” Martin said. He then laid back on the couch, closing his eyes trying to sleep.

“No, you’re not. You’re waking up so I can study you. I have to look after you for the Princess.” Twilight answered, slightly annoyed with the human.

The memories from last night came back to Martin, the large white winged unicorn, the orange apple pony and the purple one who knocked him outwit her magic.

“So it all was real.” Martin questioned himself.

“Of course it all is real, what did you think, that it all was a dream.” Twilight said.

“So I am stuck here until you find a way to send me back to my world or dimension or whatever.” Martin said annoyed. ‘I just have to accept that I can’t escape this place, I hope that I can keep my head cool, I’ve lost my temper before. Now I can’t get the money Thomas owns me from him. You get away this time, but I’ll be back.

“Yes, in 10 minutes my friends are coming here to meet you. You already met Applejack yesterday and Pinkie just yet.” Twilight explained.

“You sure have some crazy friends I must say. Now for breakfast, do you have any bacon?” Martin asked.

“What is bacon?”

“It’s the meat of a pig.”

“Wait, you eat meat. That’s disgusting, why would you eat meat?”

“Because humans are omnivores, although we can get the protein from other sources, like nuts.”

“We have those here, but don’t the animals complain that you kill them?”

“No, they can’t talk, they aren’t sentient.”

“Are humans the only sentient race on your planet?”

“Yes.”

“Ehm, do you also eat ponies?” Twilight asked carefully.

“Some people do, but I don’t.” Martin answered.

“So you won’t go around eating ponies.”

“Probably not.” Martin said with a laugh.

“My friends should be here any minute, do you want to eat something before, maybe a daisy sandwich.” Twilight said, quickly changing the subject.

“We can’t eat daisies, we can’t eat any flower or grass, do you maybe have some fruits or vegetables?”

“Sure, do you want an apple.”

“That’ll have to do.”

They ate there breakfast, Twilight a hay and daisy sandwich and Martin some apples. After they cleaned the plates and washed them. They went back to the main chamber off the library, then they heard a knock on the door.

“Hello Twilight, where is this human-thing you wanted to show me.” A voice said a it entered the house. Martin turned his head and saw a white pony with 3 diamonds on her flank. ‘Have to ask what those tattoos mean, weird thing to have tattoos on your butt.

“My name is Martin, not human-thing. And what is your name?” He answered annoyed.

“I am lady Rarity, and beg my pardon, but why are you wearing clothes? This isn’t a special occasion of some sorts.” She asked, totally neglecting his remark. “O, I must simply let me make more clothes for you. I’ve never designed for a bipedal creature before.” She then proceeded to strip him naked very quickly, but when she came to the underpants she wondered, ‘Why would he have a second layer of clothes here, and foremost on this position. Probably just a measurement for accidents.’ She still decided to take it off and shrieked. She jumped to a corner. “Why in Celestia’s name do you have that out, I’m flattered but this is not the right moment nor the right place for this.” Martin just stood there, baffled the whole time.

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?” He quickly yelled, startled by how fast she had undressed him. He grabbed his underpants from the floor where Rarity had dropped them. “You could at least ask.” He said while putting his clothes back on. “And it’s out because it can’t go in and no, I’m not aroused.” ‘Stupid ponies, no regard for personal space whatsoever.

“I’m sorry for this misunderstanding, but can you at least come by some day to let me make some measurements?” She asked while he dressed himself.

“Sure, I’ll come by some day.” He said, slightly sarcastic.

Twilight was, during the while escapade, gloating in delight of a new subject. ‘Why was walking around exposed a social taboo? What was the bone structure of the human? Why couldn’t he put his thing away? I’ll ask these questions as soon as we are done here. Ooooh, maybe he’ll let me dissect him. How would his skull look if polished nicely?’ Twilight shook her head as the weird thought left her head.

Rarity said: “Alright then, I will be off then. I’ll see you sometime around. Ta, ta.” ‘Next time I must be more careful around the human, maybe he was lying about his thing. I don’t say that it was unpleasant. I’ll just have to wait till I see him next time.’ She thought while she was walking out off the door.

“Well, that was one crazy encounter.” Martin said.

“Wait till you meet the rest, there will be enough crazy for a while.” She stated.

“How long does it take for the next one to come?”

“Probably 10-15 minutes until Rainbow Dash arrives, why don’t you go reading some book while you’re waiting.” Twilight proposed.

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll do it.” Martin said picking a book from a nearby case, it was a study about the way the ‘magic’ in Pegasi worked. He looked rather calm about being thrown into a new world all of the sudden, but that was just a façade. At the moment his mind was raging with thoughts, ‘Why am I here? Did I hit a tree and ended up in a coma? Why does everything feel so strange, but not in a frightening way? What do these ponies want from me, to just become their friends in an instant. It is all going way to fast. In 15 minutes another pony comes over, will this one try to pull my guts out though my nose. I just want to go home, I hope that that Princess pony finds a solution.’ He sat down on the sofa and pulled a boot out of the bookcase next to him, it was an book on teleportation theory. ‘Hmm, could be interesting.’ After about 20 minutes of reading he put the book down, ‘How is she able to read this, so much math, much more than should be allowed in a book.’ He then noticed the clock, ‘I has been way more than 15 minutes, where is that pony?’

As if being mocked by the lords of time a pony with a rainbow mane came flying through the door and landed right on top of Martin.

“Twilight, run away while I kick this monster is flank!”

“Rainbow, don’t be ridiculous, he isn’t a monster, he’s the human I wrote you a letter about that I have to study.”

Rainbow slowly got off of the human while having a stupid grin plastered over her face. “Uhm.. heh heh, sorry?”

“So you must be Rainbow Dash?”

“Yep, the fastest flyer in Equestria and the only pony ever to do a sonic rainboom.”

“What is a sonic rainboom?” He asked.

“Duh, a sonic rainboom is when I break the sound barrier.”

“Hahaha, no living creature is capable of reaching Mach 1 without help, it is scientifically not possible.” He answered.

“If it is scientifically not possible how come that I have do it twice already.” Rainbow grabbed Martin and dragged him outside. “Not sit here and watch.” She then quickly took off and began her ascend to the height that she required to reach before she could perform the feat.

“Wow, she is fast.” Martin said amazed.

Twilight yelled: “Rainbow come down here, I need to introduce you now or else my whole time-scheme will have to be remade.”

But her yelling wasn’t heard by the rainbow maned pegasus as she was already on her way down. She was to determined to show the human that she in fact could do a sonic rainboom that she wasn’t able to pay attention to the height she was at. There was an cone of air building up in front of her and it was thickening quick. There was an loud bang as Rainbow Dash broke the sound barrier and performed an sonic rainboom. She pulled up just before she hit the ground and flew away from the rainboom as it expanded.

But the rainboom was so close to the ground and the village that it broke several windows. The blast also pushed Twilight and Martin to the ground.

Twilight was the first to stand up. She walked over to the human who was still on the ground.

She nudged him in the side with her muzzle. “Come on, get up, we have so much to do and so little time.” She then noticed a small red stream that appeared to be coming out of his ears. It was blood, his eardrums be perforated by the blast and he had taken the full blow because she was standing behind him. She lifted him up with her magic and galloped towards the small hospital that Ponyville had on the outskirts of the town.

Meanwhile Rainbow had gotten back to the library. “Hey, where is everypony?” She looked around. “Must have been blown away by the awesomeness of my rainboom.” She turned around and flew back towards her cloud house, which was on the outskirts of Ponyville, not far from the hospital.

She was on her way back to her house when she saw Twilight and Martin walking towards the hospital. Rainbow flew down towards them. "Hey, what are you two do.." Then she saw that Twilight as carrying Martin in her magic while there was blood streaming alongside his ears.

"Rainbow, because you were so urgent to do a sonic rainboom you didn't consider that you were so close to the ground that you burst his ears, I think. I need to get him to the hospital quickly or else he might lose his hearing indefinitely."

Suddenly blood also started coming from his nose. "No, no, no, we need to get him to the hospital and fast. Rainbow grab him and head to the hospital since you are quicker than me, I’ll come as fast as I can."

Rainbow grabbed him and put him on her back and quickly flew to the hospital wondering how such an awesome thing like the rainboom could inflict this on ponies.

She ran into the hospital yelling at some nurses to go get a doctor, then she walked into the nearest room, which was filled with sleeping ponies.

She walked up to an empty bed near the end of the room and dropped him op it. He lay on it with his legs dangling over the end. She cursed, then she walked to the empty bed next to it and shoved it against the bed he already was laying on. She gave him a shove in his shoulder to turn him 90 degrees, smearing the blood dripping out of his ears onto the bed all over the bed.

Twilight then walked into the room alongside a unicorn doctor. The doctor walked up to Martin and grabbed his otoscope and looked into his ear.

“It appears that his eardrums have snapped. Miss Dash, do you know what has happened?”

“Uhm…, no I don’t know what could have happened, heh.. heh.” She answered slightly nervous.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Alright then. Miss Sparkle, do you know what has happened?” The doctor asked looking at Twilight.

“Yes. Rainbow here did an sonic rainboom way to closely to Ponyville and his eardrums snapped because of the pressure of the blast.” Twilight answered feeling a bit guilty of betraying her friend.

“Ah yes, well ,I don’t know how our medicine will react to his body so I’ll cast a healing spell. He is capable of leaving in hmm… 2 weeks, he should wake up in 15 minutes.” He began charging his horn with a healing spell. He casted it onto Martin and then walked towards the door. “And try to keep your voice down while he is healing.” He said to the two ponies standing beside the bed.

Twilight and Rainbow sat down on some chairs that a nurse placed down for them.

“Sooo I’m going home. I take it that you’ll take care of him. Bye.” Rainbow said before trying to fly away trough a nearby window.

Twilight reacted quickly by shutting the window right as she was in front of it so she didn’t managed to stop quick enough. She flew against the window hard enough to make her droop down slowly with a cartoony sound.

“You aren’t going anywhere Rainbow. You caused this so you’re going to stay here with me.” Twilight said angry.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stay here, humpf.” Rainbow said while walking back to her chair.

“Come on, we’ll just talk to him for a few minutes and then we let him sleep.” Twilight said.

“Alright, but as soon as I can I’m out of here. I got to train or else I’ll never join the Wonderbolts.” Rainbow said.

‘She’ll never learn.’ Twilight thought.

---------------------------------------------------

Discord’s disembodied mind was watching the scene.

‘Hmm, the human shouldn’t be in the hospital that long or it’ll foil my plan. Maybe I should give him a little boost.’ He casted a spell that sped up the healing progress so that he was fully healed within 5 days.

‘So, that should help him along the way.’

----------------------------------------------

Twilight was waiting in the hospital for Martin to wake up when suddenly Spike came running through the door with a letter clenched in his claws.

He breathed heavily for a few moments before calming down. “Twilight this is a letter from Princess Celestia, she’s saying that she is coming to check up on the human. She even saw the rainboom from the castle and is concered that the fragile body of his might be harmed.”

Twilight grew pale. “Oh no, if she sees that he is hurt than she will think that if I can’t take care of a human that I can take care of a library an she will send me back to Canterlot to my parents and I will have to find a job.” Twilight said while running around the room.

Then there was a flash and a very regal voice that belonged to a certain white alicorn said: “Why is the human lying on a bed in a hospital with blood coming out of his head? Care to explain Twilight.”

Upon hearing this a certain purple mare fainted.

“Oh dear.” The Princess said.

PreviousChapters Next