• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 5,655 Views, 567 Comments

Little ray of sunshine - KDS-Writingindustries



A filly goddess of the sun is now a filly being raised in the land of the underground. What could go wrong?

  • ...
20
 567
 5,655

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: The Guard, the trainee, and the fanboy

Celestia had finally continued her quest to reach the surface once more. After passing through the strange waterfall, Celestia found herself in a dimly lighted part of the cavern. Celestia somehow felt like something bad was going to happen, the thought filled her with dread. She slowly trotted through the long grass until she stopped to the sound of someone familiar.

"H...HI, UNDYNE! I'M HERE WITH MY DAILY REPORT..."

Celestia stood in place, 'Papy?' She slowly turned to see Papyrus and another figure, a terrifying figure in black amour. It armour appeared to be...Crystalized? 'That must be Undyne'.

"UHHH...REGARDING THAT PONY I CALLED YOU ABOUT YESTERDAY..." Papyrus Nervously explained. Undyne turned to face the skeleton. She said something Celestia couldn't quite here. ".....HUH? DID I FIGHT THEM?" Papyrus struck a pose, trying to impress Undyne, "Y-YES! OF COURSE I DID! I FOUGHT HER VALIANTLY!" Undyne turned away from Papyrus once more, who had finished posing to hear what the filly couldn't, "...WHAT? DID I CAPTURE HER...?" Papyrus sweat dropped, "W-W-WELL, NO" The skeleton sighed "I TRIED VERY HARD, UNDYNE. BUT IN THE END..." He took a deep breath, "I FAILED...". Undyne turned again to face Papyrus "...W-WHAT? YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THE PONY'S SOUL YOURSELF?" The pony's breath stiffened, Papyrus slowly walked towards Undyne, reaching his hand out, "BUT UNDYNE, YOU DON'T H-HAVE TO DESTORY HER! YOU SEE...YOU SEE..." Undyne quickly grabbed the skeleton's arm, frightening, and threatening him.

Meanwhile Celestia's face held rage, 'Stop hurting him!' She was actually considering to blow her cover just so she could grab Papyrus and teleport the hell out of there. But she knew that was a bad idea, so she just silently glared at the armoured figure.

Undyne let go of the skeleton's arm, Papyrus quickly backed off, "..." Papyrus turned away from Undyne, he was, wiping away some tears "......I UNDERSTAND. I'LL, I'LL HELP YOU IN ANYWAY I CAN" Papyrus ran off.

Celestia was still in the tall grass, glaring at Undyne, 'She better not hurt Papy again!' Celestia took another step, unfortunately gaining Undyne's attention. The filly's expression changed from anger to fear in a flash. Undyne slowly walked towards the tall grass, summon in a light blue spear. Celestia froze in fear, 'Don't run away! Don't run away! Don't run away! Don't run away!'. Undyne looked, staring at her, the armoured monster went into the shadows, disappearing for now.

Celestia made sure the royal guard was finally gone, then let out a humongous sigh. She walked out of the tall grass in relief "That, was way to close..."

"Not close enough!"

"Gaaahhh!!" Celestia jumped back at the voice coming from the grass, the monster kid came out, full of excitement. Celestia put down her guard "Oh, it's just you- um..."

"M.K, I'm M.K!" The monster kid, M.K greeted happily.

"I'm Celestia...I didnt even know you were in there with me" The pony said honestly.

"I have a talent for that. I am the master of camouflage!" M.K boasted, the filly smirked "But yo! Did you see the way Undyne was staring at you! That...was AWESOME! What'd you do to get her attention...?" M.K asked loudly, Celestia shrugged and sheepish smile, causing M.K to laugh at the expression, "C'mon! Let's go watch her beat up some bad guys!" M.K rushed passed the filly, only to fall on their face, M.K then quickly got up and ran away again.

Celestia looked at where she had last see Undyne, a little bit of dread hung over her. Celestia quickly shook it off, "I can do this, I won't fight Undyne, I can spare her" Celestia smiled, filled with DETERMINATION, she trotted to the next area.


Celestia saw a sign in the wall of the cave.

When four bridge seeds align in the water, they will sprout.

Celestial also saw the supposed 'bridge seeds' next to a wide creek. The filly put two and two together, she lifted up the seeds and placed them in the water one-by-one. As the sign said, they sprouted, creating a bridge. The filly steadily crossed it.


(A/N if you're questioning why she didn't just teleport, the answers simple. Celly likes to do puzzles, and she would only use her magic if she was getting extremely frustrated with a puzzle. Okay, moving on!)


As Celestia moved forward her heart suddenly jumpped out. Two monsters appeared, a weird bath-turtle, and another interesting monster a horse-merman hybrid that made Celestia's face go a tomato-shade of red.

*Aaron flexes-

"NOPE!" Celestia's SOUL grew limbs and zoomed back into her chest. "NOPE NOPE NOPE!" Celestia ran away from Aaron faster than you could blink, "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!!!!!!"

*Celestia 'Noped' out of the room.

Aaron raised a brow, then flexed "She's totally into me ;)"

Woshua looked at Aaron in disgust "Aaron you sick ped-"


After....that incident.... Celestia took a break until her face was no longer red.

*Ring...

'Huh?' Celestia picked up the phone.

"HELLO! THIS IS PAPYRUS!!!" The voice said, relieving Celestia.

"Hi Papy! Wait, how did you get my number?" The filly asked.

"HOW DID I GET THIS NUMBER...? IT WAS EASY!!! I JUST DIALED EVERY NUMBER SEQUENTIALLY UNTIL I GOT YOURS!!!" Papyrus answered. Making Celestia and himself laugh. "SO....WHAT ARE YOU WEARING...?"

Celestia raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

"I'M....ASKING FOR A FRIEND. SHE THOUGHT SHE SAW YOU WEARING A BURNT SCARF. IS THAT TRUE? ARE YOU WEARING A BURNT SCARF?"

Little did Papyrus know, Celestia was having a serious dilemma. She knew that Papy's 'friend' was trying to kill her, and if she said the truth she would be in more danger than she is now, but she didn't know whether Papyrus was on her side, or Undyne's.

"H-HELLO? PONY? ARE YOU STILL-"

"I'm not wearing a burnt scarf!" Celestia interrupted Papyrus.

"SO YOU AREN'T WEARING A BURNT SCARF...GOT IT! YOU'RE MY FRIEND, SO I TRUST YOU IOO%! HAVE A NICE DAY!"

*Click...

Celestia looked at the phone for a while, then banged her head on the wall, repeatedly saying 'Stupid' out loud. "What was that!? Why did I lie! I'm his best friend, and I liiiee to him!?" The pony flopped on the ground strangely getting a sense of déjà vu. "I'm a horrible friend~" Celestia violently shook her head. "No, I'm not a horrible friend, I'm just...protecting myself...Yeah" Celestia stood up again, "I didn't have to lie to Papy, he could be helping me" The pony sat back down "But Undyne threatened him...she hurt him..IT'S ALL HER FAULT!" Celestia realised she yelled loudly, the pony sighed, "I better not stay any longer...aannnddd I'm taking to myself..." The filly stood up and began to walk, until her SOUL popped out again, and a monster appeared.

"Hey there ;)"

*Aaron flexes-

"NOPE!" Celestia ran as fast as she could, "NOPE NOPE NOPE I'M OUT! NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

*Celestia 'Noped' out of the fight...again...

Author's Note:

You do not know how badly I wanted to put THIS in. But this story is 'T' and Celestia is 8.

Also, does anyone know the reference I'm making in the title?

If you do...you get spaghetti!

But only if I see it in the comments. ;)

Leave a like and don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments below.

That's it for now.

PreviousChapters Next