• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 5,655 Views, 567 Comments

Little ray of sunshine - KDS-Writingindustries



A filly goddess of the sun is now a filly being raised in the land of the underground. What could go wrong?

  • ...
20
 567
 5,655

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: More spiders and Magical musicals~

The shady room the filly was in discomforted Celestia just in the slightest. The only thing that wasn't that scary was the spider webs, though they did look quite sticky if stepped on.

As the pony walked, she heard a familiar laugh.

"Ahuhuhuhu..."

Celestia blinked, 'Is that....?'

"Did you hear what they just said?" The voice continued.

Celestia kept walking, on guard for anything suspicious.

"They said a pony wearing a golden torc will come through"

"I heard they hate spiders..."

Celestia felt something sticky on the bottom of her hooves, she looked down to see a path made by spider webs, sticky spider webs. The alicorn took a deep breath and trotted forward, getting her hooves all covered in webs.

"I heard that they love to stomp on them. I heard that they like to tear their legs off"

"T-that isn't true!" Celestia replied, but accidentally tripped on a rough patch of webs, getting her coat all sticky and covered in spider webs. Even after how much she struggled, it was no use. Celestia was caught in a spiders web.

"However..."

Suddenly, in the corner of Celestia's eye, she spotted the spider monster, Muffet. She was smiling kindly at the pony. "... That simply isn't true, is it deary?" Muffed clapped all six of her hands, Celestia felt little legs crawling on her back, she also felt the spider webs loosen, she struggled once more, and she was free from the trap.

Celestia gave out a sigh of relief, "Thanks Muffet! I owe you one"

Muffed laughed, "Oh deary~ You've already helped us so much~" The spider monster revealed a bunch of telegrams, "I had heard about a pony who had been kind and very friendly towards the spider clans in the RUINS, the pony would come and donate to the bakery as often as she could, and the pony would start up a friendly conversations with any spider who comes her way" Muffet lanced at the telegrams, then back at Celestia, "I wasn't sure if you were the one... But when I heard that you had donated to the spider clans from the RUINS, I knew it was you..." Muffet smiled with appreciation, "On behalf of us spiders here, we thank you, dearie~"

Celestia smiled as well, "Heheh, your welcome. Though, I wish I could've Brought those spiders with me, then I could reunite you with your friends"

"Ahuhuhuhu~ Don't be to hard on yourself, there are at least a few hundred of spiders in the RUINS, it's not like you could've put them all in your satchel"

Suddenly, Celestia sneezed.

Muffet raised one brow, she clapped one pair of her hands, a spider came down with a tissue box, "Are you okay dearie?"

Celestia waved her front hoof, "I'm fine, I'm fine. But I should get going"

Muffet waved one of her left hands, the spiders to her left made moved to either side of the path, clearing the way to the next area. "Beware dearie~ I've seen what lies ahead, if you're not careful..." Muffet then laughed. "Anyways, come by anytime~ Ahuhuhuhu~" With that, Muffet and the spiders disappeared into the shadows, leaving the pony to herself.

"Bye Muffet!" Celestia continued onwards.


After exiting the web-filled room, Celestia caught sight of a poster, 'Is this what Mufet meant?' She read what it had to say. The poster was an advertisement of Mettaton's latest stage performance, it looked like it was almost time for the performance. Celestia gave it a suspicious glance, then a weary one. 'Oh no...' The pony sighed and moved on, 'Let's get this over with'. When Celestia moved to the next room, she saw that it resembled a theatre. She heard a voice.

"OH? THAT PONY..." Celestia looked at where the sound was coming from, she could see Mettaton peek his head out. "COULD IT BE...?" Mettaton revealed himself, he was wearing a bright sparkly blue dress. "... MY ONE TRUE LOVE?" Mettaton gracefully walked down the stairs towards his, 'True love'.

"....No... Just, just no...." Celestia was at a loss for words as Mettaton swayed closer to the alicorn. He began to sing.

"Oh my love~"

"We're not in love"

"Please run away~"

"Sounds good to me I'm going"

"Monster King~"

"Of course there's gates"

"Forbids your stay~"

"*groan* lets get this over with"

"Ponies must~"

"..."

"Live far apart~"

"..."

"Even if~"

"..."

"It breaks my heart~"

*Que rose petals*

"They'll put you~"

"Really? Rose petals?"

"In the dudgeon~"

"*sigh* who am I kidding?"

"It'll suck~"

"..."

"And the you'll die a lot~"

"...?"

"Really sad~"

'Is that a switch?'

"You're gonna die~"

'Wonder what that's suppose to do...'

"Cry cry cry~"

'Self-destruct maybe...?'

"So sad it's happening~"

..........*Dramatic pause*...............

"Can you stop touching my mane?"

Mettaton obeyed, but he didn't really care whether Celestia said to, "SO SAD. SO SAD THAT YOU ARE GOING TO THE DUNDGEON" he pulled a switch from out of nowhere. "WELL, TODDLES!" With the push of a button, a trapdoor opened beneath the alicorn.

Celestial was slow to react, she spread out her wing in time for her to glide safely down. She heard Mettaton flying above her, Celestia gave him an angry glare, "That was a dirty trick!"

"HAHAHA! DARLING, I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD, 'DIRTY' MEANS AROUND HERE" Celestia shot him a confused stare. "*ROBOTIC AHEM* OH NO! WHATEVER SHALL I DO?" Mettaton dramatically questioned, going back into character. "MY LOVE HAS BEEN CAST AWAY INTO THE DUNDGEON. A DUNDGEON WITH A PUZZLE SO DASTARDLY, THAT MY PARAMOUR WILL SURELY PERISH!" The robot pointed at to Celestia's right, "O, HEAVENS HAVE MERCY! THE HORRIBLE COLOURED TILE MAZE!"

Celestia looked at her right to see the long maze puzzle, her eye twitched. "Great, I don't remember any of this..." She muttered quietly to herself.

"EACH TILE HAS IT'S OWN SADISTIC FUNCTION! FOR EXAMPLE, A GREEN TILE AOUNDS A NOISE, AND THEN YOU MUST FIGHT A MONSTER. RED TILES WILL... ACTUALLY, WAIT A SECOND" Mettaton interrupted himself, "DIDN'T WE SEE THIS PUZZLE ABOUT A HUNDRED CHAPTERS ROOMS AGO?"

The pony nodded anxiously, "You're still going to explain the puzzle, right?"

"WHY WOULD I? I DON'T NEED TO BORE THE AUDIENCE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE RULES. OH, AND YOU'D BETTER HURRY. BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T GET TGROUGH IN 30 SECONDS...." Mettaton snapped his fingers, a wall of fire went off behind the pony, "YOU'LL BE INCINERATED BY THESE JETS OF FIRE! AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO USE MAGIC, BECAUSE IF YOU DO, YOU'LL BE IN FLAMES IMMEDIATELY!!! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! AHAHA.... HA... HA! MY POOR LOVE! I'M SO FILLED WITH GRIEF, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! GOOD LUCK DARLING!"

Celestia raced to the start of the puzzle, only to be electrocuted by the yellow tile. This was going to take a while. Mettaton started singing again.

"Oh my love!~"

"Has fallen down!~"

"Now in tears!~"

"We all will drown!~"

"Coloured tiles!~"

"Make her a fool!~"

"If only she!~"

"Still knew the rules!~"

"Well that was~"

"A sorry try~"

"Now let's watch~"

"Her die~"

The tiles changed to different shades of grey, Celestia had failed, she didn't even make it halfway.

"OOOOH, I'M SO SORRY! LOOKS LIKE YOUR OUT OF TIME!!!" Mettaton stated sarcastically. "HERE COME THE FLAMES, DARLING!" As Mettaton kept monologuing, the flames came closer. Celestial was about to teleport out of there until... The flames stopped closing in.
"........*ROBOTIC COUGH*"

*Ring...*

"Watch out!! I'll save you!! I'm hacking into the firewall right now!

*Click*

The jets of fire had vanished, Celestia gave out a small sigh of relief. "Thanks Alphys"

"OH NO!!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??? FOILED AGAIN BY THE BRILLIANT DOCTOR ALPHYS!!" Mettaton exclaimed dramatically. "THA-"

"That's right!" Alphys interrupted Mettaton, "Come on, Mettaton, give up already! You'll never be able to defeat us... Not as long as we work together! Your puzzle's over... Now go home and leave us alone!" The scientist threatened.

Celestia put on a smug look, "You heard her, it's over now..."

"PUZZLE? OVER? ALPHYS, DARLING, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...? DID YOU FORGET WHAT THE GREEN TILES DO?" Mettaton asked maniacally, "THEY MAKE A SOUND, THEN YOU HAVE TO FIGHT A MONSTER. WELL, DARLING... THAT MONSTER... IS ME!!" Mettaton ripped off his blue dress and zoomed towards the pony.

Celestia's SOUL popped out.


Mettaton attacks!

"THIS IS IT DARLING! SAY GOODBYE!" Mettaton readied his attack.

*Ring...*

"Uh hold on! I need to take this!" The pony remarked.

"UGH. HURRY UP THEN"

"Alphys, what do I do now!?"

"H-hey! Th-this seems bad, but don't worry!! Th-there's one last thing I installed on your phone...!" Alphys reassured, "See t-the yellow button on the side of your phone...? P-press it!!!"

Celestia did so, the phone resonated with Mettaton's presence...!

"GOODBYE DARLING!" Mettaton was about to attack.

*hnnnnnnn....POW*

Celestia's white heart had turned upside down, facing Mettaton, and flashed yellow. "Oh YEAH!"

Alphys instructed the pony one more time, "It worked!! Quickly, use it like you would use a gun!!"

"What!?"

"Uh, j-just think about shooting!!"

Celestia tried, the yellow heart shot little yellow pellets at Mettaton, it seemed to be damaging him. 'Yes!'

"OOOH! OOOOOOOH! YOU'VE DEFEATED ME!!" Mettaton yelped in 'pain'. "HOW CAN THIS BE, YOU WERE STRONGER THAN I THOUGHT, ETC" He sounded rather bored, "WHATEVER" Mettaton flew away, Celestia's SOUL went back in her chest.


'Huh? Anti-climatic' The filly thought to herself.

*Ring...*

"L-looks like you beat him! Y-you did a really great job out there" Alphys praised.

"Heheh, all thanks to you Alphys" The alicorn replied.

"What? Oh no, I mean... You were the one doing everything cool! I just wrote some silly programs on your phone" Alphys stated, waving the praise off.

"But those 'silly' programs made me do all those cool thing!" The pony remarked.

"Oh, w-well I guess so... umm, h-hey, this might sound strange, but... c-can I tell you something?" Alphys sheepishly asked

"Sure, go ahead"

The doctor took a deep breath, "B-before I met you, I d-didn't really... I didn't really like myself very much. For a long time, I f-felt like a total screw-up. L-like I c-couldn't do a-anything without... W-without ending up letting everyone down" Alphys confessed sadly, "B-but...! Guiding you has made me feel... A lot better about myself. So... Thanks for letting me help you"

A big smile was plastered on the pony's face, "Anytime Alphys"

"Uhhh, anyway, we're almost to the CORE. It's just past MTT Resort. Come on! Let's finish this!"

"Right"

*Click*

Celestia went off to the next area.

Author's Note:

*When you realise the joke you made last chapter would work even better with this chapter*

........FFFFFUUUUUU-



*PLEASE STAND BY



*Sigh* Well, since we've seen Muffet, I guess I could tell you the reference from chapter 35.
Here's the show where the joke is from
Fun fact: My favourite sitcom

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Leave a like and tell me what you think in the comments below.

That's it for now

PreviousChapters Next