• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 5,647 Views, 567 Comments

Little ray of sunshine - KDS-Writingindustries



A filly goddess of the sun is now a filly being raised in the land of the underground. What could go wrong?

  • ...
20
 567
 5,647

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Learning magic part 2

Dear diary:
It has been three weeks after adopting the pony...
She is learning magic much faster than I could have ever imagined...
Every time I come back home with the shopping, I can always find her using her magic to lift up objects like plates and chairs...
But every time the filly sees me, she loses connection with her magic...
The object she was holding would always snap in two, or scrunch up into Smithereens...
She would some times have a temper tantrum, but it would always be resolved quickly...


But that was just the first week...
She has become much better at using telekinesis lately...
She can open doors and draws now...
Pull books out of the shelves so I can read her bedtime stories, (Her favourite books are ones about Fantasy and history)


It seems that her kind, or to be specific, type, is very powerful in the realm of magic...
I had decided to name her race, since nothing in monster history knows anything about her type...
I choose the race name, 'alicorn'...
A powerful pony, who could harness plenty of magic...
I beginning to think the 'final test' would be a breeze for her...


But she had a nightmare...
One night she screamed her head off, I rushed to her room to see what was the matter...
But what I heard, what she said didn't make any sense...
When I rushed in the room, and right as the pony saw me, she started backing up and kept saying 'stay away! I don't want to do it again!'
It scared me...
How much terror, how much guilt, there was in her eyes...
And I had no clue what had happened in her nightmare...
All I could do was comfort her, and hope everything would be alright...


On a happier note, I have been teaching the alicorn how to read and write...
It was hard at first, to teach her to write...
Her telekinesis is great, but she is having trouble writing the letters neatly...
Her pencil keeps, 'going to big' as Celestia puts it...
It is a bit funny to see her stressful expression every time she would make a letter to big, or look a bit funny...
I am happy that I can fufill my dream of being a teacher...

She reminds me so much of him...
So much of


"Hey, mom" The young filly asked, poking her head through the door.

Toriel snapped out of her trance. She closed her diary and looked at the pony. "Y-yes dear, what seems to be the matter?"

Celestia blushed a bit "Well, it's just, I" She took a deep breath. "I'm ready" she said with determination.

"Ready for-" the goat monster's eyes widened. "Oh.." Toriel smiled and stood up. "Well Celestia, come with me" Toriel walked out of her room and outside the house, with the filly in tow.


Celestia was a bit baffled as to why they went outside. "Hey mom, why can't we do the test in the house?" She questioned.

"Well dear, I just want you to have a comfortable space so you can do this. It is not easy to lift up a living creature as you might think." The monster explained.

Celestia and Toriel stood in front of the tree. The alicorn closed her eye and took deep breaths, while the boss monster was standing still, ready to be lifted into the air. "Now, let's start the test" Toriel spoke.


Celestia was struggling, her mother was right, it was hard. She knew it would be, from how big her mom was compared to the young pony. A familiar yellow aura started to appear on Toriel. She was being lifted up, even though it was slow. The filly grunted a bit but kept going, she opened her eye and to her surprise. Toriel was high in the air, grinning wickedly at the alicorn. "You did it my child!" Toriel said in delight. Celestia beamed, but she knew her job wasn't done yet. The pony carefully lowered the monster down. Celestial had a bit of sweat on her, but she didn't care, she passed the test!

"I did it! WooHoo!" The pony jumped to bear hug her mother, making them both fall to the ground, they didn't care, they were laughing like crazy for a solid five minutes. As there giggles died down, Toriel carried the filly to their home.

"You have done so well you child, how about we celebrate and lift our spirits with some pie" Toriel joked.

Celestia snickered. "Mom, those puns were bad" she said giggling.

"But your smiling" Toriel countered

"I know" The filly giggled again. "And it's Punacceptable!" They both laughed at the pun.


After the filly and her mother had some delicious butterscotch-cinnamon pie, (and after Celestia had her face cleaned from all the pie crumbs on her face). Toriel put the filly to bed, reading her a bedtime story, and occasionally, the pony would read with her. Life with Toriel was amazing, Celestia couldn't think of a better one. Later, when the alicorn fell asleep. Toriel shut the door.



She still didn't notice the little yellow orb on the pony's horn, seemingly a bit bigger than before, Celestia's ear just flickered and nothing else as the orb bounced off of the young alicorn's head. Zooming upward, phasing though the ground...

...to get to the sun...

Author's Note:

Leave a like and comment down what you think of the story.

That's it for now.

PreviousChapters Next