• Published 17th Nov 2015
  • 5,647 Views, 567 Comments

Little ray of sunshine - KDS-Writingindustries



A filly goddess of the sun is now a filly being raised in the land of the underground. What could go wrong?

  • ...
20
 567
 5,647

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37: Reporting for duty!

A pitch black room was in the Filly's way, Celestia once again used a light spell, and it once again only showed two feet infront of her. She stepped cautiously. 'I got a bad feeling about this'.

*Ring...*

"Okay, I'm back" The scientist greeted.

"Hey Alphys, small problem, all I can see is black" Celestia remarked.

"A-another dark room, huh? Don't worry! M-my hacking skills have got things covered!" Alphys assured.

*Flick...*

The lights flashed on, Celestia adjusted her eyes to the brightness.

"Are you serious?" Alphys asked in disbelief.

"What going o-....Oh my god..." The filly looked up to see a bunch of flying cardboard cutouts and electronics. All with the logo, MTT, there was also a square opening where the pony was standing. "Oh no"

"OHHHHHHHHH YESS!!! GOOD EVENING BEAUTIES AND GENTELBEAUTIES!" Mettaton greeted from the other side. "THIS IS METTATON, REPORTING LIVE FROM MTT NEWS! AN INTERESTING SITUATION HAS ARISE IN EASTERN HOTLAND! FORTUNATELY, OUR CORRESPONDENT IS OUT THERE, REPORTING LIVE!" The robot dramatically explained to the audience. "BRAVE CORRESPONDENT! PLEASE FIND SOMETHING NEWS WORTHY TO REPORT! OUR 13 WONDERFUL VIEWERS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!"

"Uh..." Celestia looked around the area, to her left was a basketball, a dog, and a box wrapped in ribbon. To her right was a glass of water, a movie script with a Mettaton silhouette, and a video game.

"ANYTIME NOW DARLING! THE AUDIENCE IS WAITING!!" Mettaton spoke up.

"Oh, ok..." As Celestial took a few steps forward, she noticed that when she moved, the background would move with her. She walked up to the movie script, "This looks... kind of interesting"

"OH NO!!! THAT MOVIE SCRIPT!!! HOW'D THAT GET THERE??? IT'S A SUPER-JUICY PREVIEW OF MY LATEST GUARANTEED-NOT-TO-BOMB FILM: METTATON THE MOVIE XXVIII... STARING METTATON!" He explain dramatically "I'VE HEARD THAT LIKE THE OTHER FILMS.... IT CONSIST MOSTLY OF A SINGLE FOUR-HOUR SHOT OF ROSE PETALS SHOWERING OVER MY RECLINING BODY"

"Hey! Spoilers!" Celestia whined sarcastically.

"OHH!!! BUT THAT'S NOT CONFIRMED!!! I'VE JUST HEARD THAT FROM MY LEADING SOURCES... WHICH ARE ME, MYSELF, AND I!!! SO, DEAR CORRESPONDENT! REPORT THIS ONE?" Mettaton questioned the pony.

"Hmm... I'll keep looking"

"PHEW!!! THAT WAS CLOSE!! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A BUNCH OF FREE ADVERTISEMENT!! KEEP LOOKING BRAVE CORRESPONDENT!" Mettaton cheered from the news 'station'.

Celestia looked to her left to see a video game case, she drew near it to inspected it further. "So is this...err...what's this exactly?"

"ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN!! YOU'VE JUST FOUND A VIDEO GAME... AND IT'S DYNAMITE!!! THOUGH I DON'T MAKE AN APPERENCE IN IT UNTIL THREE-FOURTHS IN. BUT I LIKE THAT. APPEARING FROM THE AUDIENCE LIKE MANNA, SLAKING THE AUDIENCE'S HUNGER FOR GORGEOUS ROBOTS... OHH!! THAT'S METTATON!!!" He described, "SO DARING, REPORT THIS ONE?"

"Hmm.....sure" Celestia looked out at the square hole.

"ATTENTION, VIEWERS! OUR CORRESPONDENT HAS FOUND... A VIDEO GAME!" Mettaton announced loudly, "THIS ACTION-PACKED GAME IS GUARANTEED TO BLOW YOU AWAY! STRANGE ENEMIES! STRANGE ALLIES! ATTRACTIVE ROBOTS! FEATURING UP TO SIX ARBITRARY DIALOUGE CHOICES AT ONCE! CORRESPONDENT! LET'S LOOK INSIDE THE CASE!"

Celestia opened the case, to find that there was lit sticks of dynamite inside, "What the!?!" She instinctively backed away.

"...THOSE RED CYLINDERS WITH BURNING FUSES... OH NO! THIS GAME LITERALY IS DYNAMITE! I GUESS THEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!!! VIDEO-GAMES DO CAUSE VIOLENCE! OR AT LEAST THIS ONE'S ABOUT TO. BUT DON'T GET TO EXCITED! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE REST IF THE ROOM YET!" Suddenly the cardboard cutouts and Eletronics disassembled, falling into the lava below. Mettaton flew around the rest of the room.

Celestia saw the rest of the room, almost everything was a bomb in disguise. "This is bad"

"OH MY! IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IN THIS ROOM IS ACTUALLY A BOMB!" Mettaton pointed to the dog, "THAT DOG'S A BOMB!" The dog's tail lit up, "THAT BASKETBALLS A BOMB!" The basketball lit up, revealing a bomb. "EVERYTHINGS A BOMB!!! BRAVE CORRESPONDENT... IF YOU DON'T DEFUSE ALL OF THESE BOMBS..." Mettaton pointed forward, Celestia turned to see that Mettaton was pointing at a big pink bomb. "THIS BIG BOMB WILL BLOW YOU TO SMITHEREENS IN TWO MINUTES! THEN YOU WONT BE REPOERTING 'LIVE' ANY LONGER! HOW TERRIBLE! HOW DISTURBING! OUR EIGHT VIEWERS ARE GOING TO LOVE WATCHING THIS! GOOD LUCK, DARLING!!"
Mettaton flew off.

*Ring...*

"Alphys help me!" Celestia cried out.

"D-don't worry! I installed a bomb defusing program in your phone! Use the 'defuse' option when the bomb is in the DEFUSE ZONE! N-now, go get 'em!" Alphys explained quickly.

"OK!" Celestia looked at the closest bomb near her, the dog. She ran up to it, and press the defused app, a holographic green screen appeared infront of her. The dog was sleeping and already in the defuse zone, Celestia pressed the defuse button on the phone... Success!

"Yes!"

"Great job! Keep heading around the room! Try to go for the one in the bottom-left next!"

Celestia looked to where Alphys instructed, there was a laser puzzle in the way of reaching the next bomb, she frowned, then took a smug smirk as she teleported to the bomb. 'No one said magic wasn't allowed' She got the defuse zone ready...Success once more!

Celestia looked for the bomb nearest to her, the movie script, it was somehow moving left and right on a conveyor belt. She went rushed up to the bomb and picked it up with her magic. She use the defuse program...Defused!

She looked forward to see the present bomb, Celestia teleported up to it quickly, defusing it with her phone. Celestial saw the basketball bomb bouncing around near the big bomb. She teleported up to it and catches it in midair, defusing that bomb too.

"Great job! Head for the center! I'm using, uh, EM fields to trap the glass of water there!"

"Got it!" Celestial teleported to the center of the room, the glass still and contained. Celestia pulled out her phone... and the last bomb was defused.

Mettaton flew back in and applauded Celestia, "WELL DONE, DARLING! YOU'VE SUCCEFULLY DEACTIVATED ALL THE BOMBS!" He cheered loudly.

Celestia gave out a sigh of relief and exhaustion, "Heheh...yay..." She sighed tiredly.

"IF YOU DIDN'T DEATIVATE THEM, THE BIG BOMB WOUOD HAVE EXPLODED IN TWO MINUTES. NOW IT WONT EXPLODE IN TWO MINUTES!" The robot laughed evilly "INSTEAD IT'LL EXPLODE IN TWO SECONDS!"

"What!"

"GOODBYE, DARLING!" Mettaton proceeded to laugh maniacally.

.....................

The bomb had not exploded.

"AH. IT SEEMS THE BOMB ISN'T GOING OFF" Mettaton bluntly stated.

*Ring...*

"That's b-because!!! While you were monologuing... I...!!! I f... fix...um...I ch-change..."

"OH NO. YOU DEACTIVATED THE BOMB WITH YOUR HACKING SKILLS!" Mettaton interrupted.

"Y-yeah! That's what I did!" Alphys remarked.

"CURSES! IT SEEMS I'VE BEEN FOILED AGAIN! CURSE YOU, PONY! CURSE YOU, DR. ALPHYS, FOR HELPING SO MUCH! BUT I DON'T CURSE MY SIX WONDERFUL VIEWERS FOR TUNING IN!!! UNTIL NEXT TIME, DARLINGS!" And with that, Mettaton flew off.

"W-wow... W-we really showed him, huh?"

"Heck yeah we did!" Celestia replied confidently

"... H-hey, I know I was kind of weird at first... But I really think I'm getting more... Uh, more... M-more confident about guiding you! S-so don't worry about that b-big d-dumb robot..."

"Well, he's not a big dumb robot..." Celestia smirked "He's a big dumb calculator!"

Both of them laughed, "Y-yeah, I-I'll protect you from him! I'll make sure of it! A-and if it really c-came down to it, we could just t-turn... Um, nevermind. Later!"

*Click...*

Celestia put the phone back in her satchel and moved on to the next area.

Author's Note:

Leave a like if you already haven't and tell me what you think in the comments below.

That's it for now.

PreviousChapters Next