• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 15,768 Views, 368 Comments

Discord's Apprentice - Architect Ironturtle



Discord teaches Pinkie Pie chaos magic. God help us all.

  • ...
11
 368
 15,768

Side Story: "What's This Button Do?"

Author's Note:

Happy April Fools! I felt like doing something unusual this year, so enjoy. This is not canon or serious in any way, so go ahead and laugh.

Oh, and for clarity's sake, this is a crossover between most of my multi-chapter stories. The stories are "I Don't Think I'm Supposed to be Here," "X-COM: Operation Pheonix," Pajama Sam: Friendship's not Tragic, in Fact it's Like Magic!" "Spike and the Methods of Rationality," and "The Equine and the Immortal."

Architect didn't quite turn around fast enough to prevent Starlight from pushing the button. Out in the Great Time Bush, half a dozen different threads suddenly got yanked out of their normal places and all tangled together. Architect glared at Starlight, who gave him a sheepish grin in return.

88888888

"What-" Said Pinkie, her tails waving behind her.

"The-" said Sam, shaking his cape out behind him.

"****?" Said George, staring in confusion at their surroundings. Seven beings, a mixture of ponies and humans, stood in a crack in reality. Through that crack, each could see their respective home universe, but only see. For the moment, they were stuck between.

"Something broke," said Spike, flipping through a suspiciously plain looking book as he spoke, "I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to be happening."

"Got that right," said Dual, scratching the back of his bald head, "I think it's that time of year again. In any case, don't worry anyone, none of this is canon."

"Whinny?" said Starlight, prompting William to add, "Well, now what?"

"I guess we just kill time until the universe fixes itself," said George, "Anyone got any ideas?"

"Let's play Pajama Man!" Sam shouted.

"I'm in!" said Pinkie, and she scooped him up and ran off to one of the corners. Spike rolled his eyes before snapping the book shut and going off to join them while the three humans and Starlight formed their own cluster.

"So," Dual said finally, "Would either of you care to explain why we look so similar?"

88888888

"But that doesn't make sense," Spike protested, "Why would I want to bury congress under a mountain of concrete when I can just mind control them all?"

"Because that's what the Rock Mixer does, and you're him," Sam stated with finality, "Pinkie knows what's up, she's doing a great job!"

Pinkie poured more tea into her cup and sipped it with an evil smile, "Come to the Fem side, Pajama Man, we have cookies!"

88888888

William ground his teeth as George and Dual argued over who was the real version. He'd been kicked out long ago thanks to his 'lack of personality' as Dual had put it, and was now forced to watch what was quickly becoming a completely nonsensical debate.

"I have a backstory and personality," George retorted, drawing William's attention back to the present, "Clearly that makes me the real one."

"I was here first!" Dual stated, crossing his arms, "That means I'm the real one."

"Just because you're older doesn't mean you're better," Goerge shot back as William buried his face in his hand.

88888888

"There, fixed," Architect said as he finished rewiring the button, "You're lucky the inspectors are slow this cycle, Star. They would have had our tails for that."

Starlight blushed as she watched the timelines return to their regular state, "At least no permenant damage was done, right?" she asked hopefully.

"There'd better not be," Architect muttered, "I don't have time for these messes. Come on, there's a muncher on thread #3. You get to convince it to leave." Starlight winced.

Meanwhile, back inside reality, Pinkie Pie's mind was suddenly filled with the image of a Superhero in blue pajamas.

Comments ( 12 )

Amusing, but to be honest im more confused then anything since i have no idea who the other characters were.

crack in reality. through that
the three humans foremd their own

1. Forgot to capitalise.
2. Formed.

I'm guessing the superhero in blue was Pajama Sam?

7087259 I think you posted a broken link. The picture wont load, and in a new tab I get a blank page.

7089326 aww man! I would get it not working in site because imgur links broke a while ago, but in a new tab? Idk.
33.media.tumblr.com/38dad8e18434608c64cae9eae16df073/tumblr_inline_mxtspisHIN1sthxuc.jpg
Thats what it should have been. I'll go fix the other one.

7090548 Maybe it was my wi-fi? The DNS server decided to shit itself the day before.

7091601 There was big scare a while back about how imgur pictures no longer work on this site due to something stupid on their end, so everyone had to scramble for alternative sourcing sites.
7090548

I'm disappointed in myself for waiting so long to read this story.
It was leaping loads of lunatic laughter and I enjoyed it immensely. :pinkiehappy:

This need's a sequel.

Featured story in April for The Goodfic Bin

Just found this fic and I enjoyed it, also chaos magic could explain a few things about pinkie. It would been very interesting if discord had taken her as apprentice n show. Very good fic you wrote. I give it two discord and two pinkies, and one screwball.

Login or register to comment