• Published 19th Nov 2014
  • 23,897 Views, 862 Comments

Cards Against Equestria Girls - MythrilMoth



The Rainbooms play Cards Against Humanity.

Comments ( 390 )

5288524 Don't blame me, blame the cards. That's actually what was in Pinkie's hand when that question came up. Her hand was always REALLY bad for pick-twos throughout the whole thing. :pinkiesick:

A shame Pinkie didn't have both "The economy" and "Fabricating statistics" for this round's pick two. After all, that's how a lot of profit is generated!

In any case, a very amusing experiment that didn't overstay its welcome. You got in, got horrible, and got out. Thank you for this, and here's hoping the bandwagon breaks a wheel soon. Or someone dies of dysentery. The bandwagon is apparently going down the Oregon Trail. :applejackunsure:

5288554 :rainbowlaugh:

Glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

I'm just amazed that if you were playing an actual game that Sunset Shimmer really got "can't fit my inner demons into a tiny horse", because seriously, that was eerily perfect.

Obviously the Humans Are Superior and the Humans Suck crowd are both wrong. The main difference between humans and ponies is that humans are much, much, much raunchier. :-)

5288569 Yeah, those coming up for Sunset...and IN THE FIRST FREAKING DRAW EVEN...scared the shit out of me, because I knew I was gonna end up being forced to use them. And I was. In a bad way. X_X

that ending sure was...interesting....

5288598 ...yes? You have an issue, comment, concern, grievance, or general random observation?

5288616 My comment good sir is such.
FGSHQISHXICJRVDUXODLJEHEDODBEDYING LAUGHTER XD

Well, then. :derpytongue2:

This was the first one of the "Cards Against" stories that I decided to read. As fun as it was, reading some of the comments here leads me to believe that I will be sorely disappointed if I check out any of the others...

I'll consider myself lucky for only reading this one. I have to give you props for actually playing the game to write a story. It made for a wild ride. :rainbowlaugh:




I need to go look for some brain bleach now. :pinkiecrazy:

stop it

stop fucking writing these goddamn things

stop it stop it stop it

jesus fucking christ

"I agree," Fluttershy said, shuddering. "I've said, heard, seen, and thought some truly horrible things tonight."

Words out of my mouth Flutters.

Welp, that was a fun little diddy. Glad to see everyone's happy and no-one got hur...

In the dim light filtering through the window, Applejack could see the mischief sparkling in Pinkie's sapphire eyes. Licking her lips, Pinkie purred, "You still owe me that vagina..."

:applejackconfused:: I need an adult...
:pinkiecrazy: I AM AN ADU... Ow!
:flutterrage:(With a rolled-up newspaper): No, you are not!

And them they all lived happily ever after :::pinkiehappy:

I loved the ending :rainbowlaugh:
Good show Mythril, as usual :twilightsmile:

they need an online version of this..itd be the best.
also want a sequel..this was awesome

5288870 There IS actually an online clone of CAH, but I don't feel like digging up the link right now.

As for a sequel...yes, I'm doing one...maybe like, in a couple of weeks. It'll be shorter (5 rounds), and Vinyl Scratch and Princess Twilight will join the game.

5288898 ha! i see this becoming a thing for authors with writers block or for those that are just bored..might be better than doing what pinkie does when shes bored.

This was seriously the most bizarre thing I have ever read. Thank you for writing it.

Spacecowboy
Moderator

Eww, Fads. Not as bad as the peaches one,, but eww...

5288941 This is a piece of shit like the rest of them. God I hate it when people jump on bandwagons

this story contains no actual sex

Why the fuck not!?

5289069 You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Perhaps this wasn't the best way to express it, though.

5289083
The same could be said about this.
Ride those coattails any harder and they're going to rip.

Zef

5289236
"The same could be said about this"? Given the text you're quoting, that doesn't even make sense.

At any rate, this is just a silly comedy the author played as a personal experiment, and then shared with the site because others appreciate the humor. Is the premise overplayed? Perhaps, perhaps not --it all depends on the execution. And I seriously doubt anyone on this site has read every single one (and they're fairly easy to skip over if you want to avoid them). So you're berating the author simply because you don't like context it was published in. So, why waste your precious time and energy commenting, when you could've been reading something you do enjoy?

5289069
I do hope you mean "bandwagons", because watching people jump on bang wagons is actually quite fun.

Also, Mythril, this is hilarious and let no one tell you otherwise.

5286806
Wow. My fiction predicted the actual results here?

3spooky5me

5289413 Thanks. :pinkiehappy:

5289416 Yeah, for most of the story, anyway. Fluttershy didn't win this, but it wasn't for lack of trying...or lack of luck. Really though, Pinkie would've had a LOT more points if the pick twos didn't keep fucking her up the ass. She had shit in her hand you would not BELIEVE, but I could never use it in the Pick Twos because it didn't go with ANYTHING ELSE she had. :pinkiesad2:

In the dim light filtering through the window, Applejack could see the mischief sparkling in Pinkie's sapphire eyes. Licking her lips, Pinkie purred, "You still owe me that vagina..."

Oh....OH.....OH! OOOH! Ahem, wow.

Now I want to play this. I want to play it alot. I enjoyed this, nice sleep over, weird ass game with some pretty batshit insane questions and answers! Oh and some fun crazy friends. :moustache:

:ajsmug::yay::rainbowdetermined2::pinkiehappy::raritystarry: We need a Sunset Shimmer face thing!

"When all else fails, I can always masturbate to blank"

"Oh. Umm...oh...no..." Fluttershy sighed. "Agriculture," she said lamely.

"Okay. Umm...step one: Insatiable bloodlust. Step two: Eating an albino. Step three: Profit?"

Fluttershy should NOT be allowed animals.

"Sure thing," Applejack said, taking a black card. "Alright, y'all. Quickest, best answer to this: Blank. Kid-tested, mother-approved."
"Smallpox blankets," Sunset said.

Funnily enough, the vaccine for smallpox was actually tested on a potentially unwilling child without any guarantee it would be successful, after deliberately infecting the child with smallpox. Fortunately, the vaccine worked.

Also, that ending. I don't think AJ will be going over to your house again any time soon, Pinkie.

5288694

Or, and this is just a thought, or you could stop reading them.

Um, if that's okay with you.

:fluttershyouch:

Comment posted by Midnight_Blaze deleted Nov 20th, 2014

what are the other two CaH stories? I've only come across this one.

5289384
>Good intentions, bad execution.
Although I think the intentions were kinda shitty too.

Jump on band wagon, get featured, profit.

5289475
Didn't even take three days....

5289659 And it is already spreading like wildfire...:rainbowderp:

5289668
The wagon has caught on fire and is rolling out of control. Where will it end? In tears.

5289647 Actually, no. I didn't write this to get featured. I wrote this because I WANTED TO WRITE IT.

Did that ever even enter your head? The possibility that someone might do something because they want to do it, and for no other reason?

I don't spend 26 hours working on a 24k word fic just for a fleeting shot at the feature box which nobody will remember a week later. I do it because it's something I wanted to write.

So please, next time you decide you know what's going on in my head? Keep it to yourself, because you don't have a clue.

Now, if the only reason you came here is to spread bile? Please do me and the people who actually enjoyed this a favor and leave.

Sir Hat #40 · Nov 19th, 2014 · · 17 ·

5289684
So jumping on the trend just came naturally. That explains a lot.

5289699 I won't deny that Cards Against Equiniti inspired this. I'd never even heard of Cards Against Humanity until I read that.

But see, that's what fanfiction is. It's being inspired to write something by reading or seeing something else.

Sometimes, fanfiction inspires fanfiction.

But this was never about jumping on a trend or trying to get into the feature box. This was because I saw an idea that looked like fun and I wanted to run with it.

If anything about me writing this because I liked the idea offends you? I'm sorry, but that's your problem, not mine. Right now, my problem is you, and that you need to leave.

Here, let me help you do exactly that.

5289640 Cards Against Equiniti and...I forget the title, but the one where the princesses and Shining Armor play the game. Cards Against Equiniti seems to be the origin point of the current trend. And yes, it inspired this story. I even PMed Door Matt and told him I was doing this.

5289730 theres only 2 now Royalty Plays was removed.

Sauron #44 · Nov 19th, 2014 · · 8 ·

5289707
Yes, writing fanfiction you were inspired to write by other fanfiction is great.

But this is an idea that was already pretty unoriginal, it's basically recording a card game and ponifying the transscript. And then you copied the idea.

I don't even see why you actually want to write this. Why not just play Cards Against Humanity, it's probably more fun than writing about it. I love Minecraft, but I'd never write a story about Minecraft.

Why must this be a thing? It doesn't need to be a thing. Though I do love Cards Against Humanity for it's unpredictability, Seeing it written in story format ruins it for me. In story format, it's just forced and unfunny humor because it's only because one person (Ser author himself) writes it. In game format, it's unpredictable and more funny because it's more then one person and not forced ideas and personalities.

Comment posted by Roarin Thunder deleted Nov 19th, 2014
Zef
Zef #47 · Nov 19th, 2014 · · 7 ·

5289765

"I don't even see why anyone would want to write X. I like Y, but I would never write about Y."

Criticism that boils down to "My motivations for writing are different from yours, so I'm going to judge the merits of your motivations based on my own" isn't really criticism at all. It's just comparing tastes and attempting to find the superior one.

Deleted comment?

Oh fuck yes this is gonna be a fun time!

I take back what I said about it being a bad idea... These comments make up for it!

~Skeeter The Lurker

1234 #49 · Nov 19th, 2014 · · 11 ·

5289730
Didn't he even say to stop writing them?

I don't know, it sounds like you just said fuck it, I'm writing it anyway for feature box bait.

5289908 If he did, that's news to me. I PMed him and he gave me his blessing. And, as I've said repeatedly, I wrote this because I liked the idea and wanted to do it. I don't write stories just to get in the feature box. It's a waste of time better spent.

Login or register to comment