• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 10,984 Views, 284 Comments

All for One - One for Luna - Wodahseht



A strange condition has Twilight courting death in the wake of her battle with Tirek. Now her life depends on Luna, and both lives will be affected. Hopefully for the best.

  • ...
19
 284
 10,984

Epilogue: A Month Ahead

This was a dream. She was certain of it. It simply wasn’t possible to be this happy and comfortable while still awake. It was the complete opposite of the torture she’d been experiencing barely more than a month previous.

The sun was making its gentle way down toward the horizon as the final hour of the day crept by. She sat and watched it in comfortable silence from a cloud high above Equestria half-way between Ponyville and Canterlot. The air this high was cool, but the sun bathed her face in warmth. It was only a fractional source of the comfort she felt though. The body of her marefriend pressed alongside her, as well as the wing draped over her back made her feel as though wrapped completely in a cocoon – protected from any discomfort, chaos, or harm that dared to approach.

Is this just a dream? How could I know for sure?

She turned her head slightly toward her companion and Luna turned toward her as well with a serene smile on her face. No words exchanged, just a gentle touching of their noses and Luna adjusting her wing slightly before both turned back toward the sunset.

Less than two months ago she had believed a moment like this to be an impossibility, and now it felt as though it had always been this way. There was a rightness whenever they were together that seemed to make all the stresses of life seem trivial matters easily overcome. A corner of her mind told her that it couldn’t possibly remain this way, but she firmly kept those thoughts pushed aside. If these moments were limited, then she was going to take full advantage of every single one.

A sudden, chill breeze over the bits of her not completely tucked away caused a shiver to zip quickly up and down her spine. The brief discomfort was enough for her to conclude that she might actually be awake.

One month today…

One month since she had finally let Luna know her feelings. One month since Luna had decided to give them a chance. One month of happiness that might never have happened if not for her illness.

“It is almost time. Are you ready?” Luna’s near-whispered question snapped Twilight from her detached musings and back into the here-and-now.

They were here for more than to simply watch the sunset after all. When Luna had shared her plan for tonight, to celebrate their month together and the way it had happened, Twilight had been rendered speechless at the magnitude of the gift she was being offered. And now, Twilight planted a quick kiss on Luna’s cheek and indicated her readiness.

A renewed surge of admiration and love for Luna coursed through Twilight as she touched her horn to Luna’s…

…and together they raised the moon.

Author's Note:

Okay, it's well and truly done. No more updates here unless I do mass rewrite.

This one took longer than planned for opposite reason than usual: I wrote too much. I ended up with another chapter-worthy interaction, but it wasn't necessary for the Epilogue - so I tucked it aside and wrote up what's here as a semi-mimic of the Prologue.

The longer bit I wrote didn't get trashed though. It'll be up here soon as a separate little TwiLuna fluffy one-shot. Thanks to everyone for tagging along through the creation of this story.

Comments ( 47 )

it was a great story.

*Applauds* Well done! Well worth both favorite and upvote. Eagerly looking forward to your next project.

I do feel sad that I was late to this party. I started following three or so chapters ago. Bravo, any who.

I give you a bow and a thinks from Harts Fire the Epilogue is a perfect ending to a super good story.
exultant work I will be watching for other story's..
Harts Fire

6096558
Late better than never right? And I'm thankful for every person that reads and enjoys my stories no matter when they do so.

6096745
Glad you enjoyed. I'll try to keep you entertained in the future. :derpytongue2:

This was an awesome story! Great job.

6101099
6104403

Thanks, and my pleasure.

6203486

This prelude was a great start.

Prelude may be my favorite part of the story (or at least near the top). That prelude scene is what originally came to me and kicked off the entire rest of it. Hope you enjoyed the remainder as well. :pinkiehappy:

Woah, you actually finished it! It's not that I didn't believe in it, I just completely forgot about this and didn't even hope... dunno why. I should read this but not today. Today I should go to sleep. Yeah. And I will.

6220383
Yeah. Managed to get it there. Enjoyed your review of the incomplete story... looking forward to what you have to say once you get to read the rest.

Well daaaaaayum.... This is an amazing story. 11/10 I consider this a rare find and its a shame I wasn't here earlier to be there for each update.

…and together they raised the moon.

more or less say it all in the end. So romantic :twilightsmile:
Despite every thing and each hardship along the way, I was glued to my iPad reading this the whole way through it was just so enjoyable. It's not oftern I find a Twiluna story I like this much.


I wonder,... Do you have anymore Twiluna?

6225271
Glad you enjoyed so much. Always love to get feedback.

I wonder,... Do you have anymore Twiluna?

Beyond what I have posted up already? Not yet. In the future more is likely though.

Thinking about it, couldn't they use this knowledge of what is possibly the most specialised parasite in the history of everything to remove the conflagrating vulnerability to sunlight from the ursa?

6471406
Not really feasible. But that's for reasons I didn't detail in the story. Still debating posting Twi's full research notes or withholding them in case I use the stuff somewhere else.

OH WOW! This was an excellent quick read! Very cute! You should do more twiluna. Very much like this. I love the feel of it! I love the adorcableness. I love the way the romance wasn't official till the end. I love the portrayals of the characters!

I found this story buried in my 'read later' list.
Now, after reading it, I'm certainly glad I kept it and read it.
This story, no matter it's length, was truly astonishing.
You, dear sir, should continue your TwiLuna work.
All of my yes and the green thumb for you :twilightsmile:

Great story! :pinkiehappy:

Took me about a week, but I finally got around to reading this through. And it was a really nice read! :pinkiehappy:

It was interesting to see the developing explanation for Twilight's condition, and to get some background into the Ursas. I'm liking your take on their magic and how they work, it's very cool!

The story was nicely paced and enjoyable throughout, with some very sweet scenes - especially romantic ones towards the end :twilightsmile: Nice work! (and I'm glad that I decided to check out your stories!)

7095226
Really glad you got the chance to make it through and enjoyed yourself. If I ever get the time again to write the other stuff I have on the back burner I hope you'll be back to peek at them too. :pinkiehappy:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. :twilightsmile:

I like to reply to all comments if I can, but I managed to get rather behind because I was busy each time a new notification came in and always forgot to come back later. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment, even when I'm not on the ball. Let's see if we can't catch up:

6591413
I rather enjoyed your comments as you read along. Very happy to hear you enjoyed what I managed to put together here. Sorry to take to long responding. Did you ever happen to try drawing that scene? If you did, I'd love to see the result. :twilightblush:

6767656
You really found a lot to love here. Thanks so much for sharing. :twilightsmile: I certainly plan to do more TwiLuna at some point. Life just hasn't been very cooperative lately.

6895150
:raritywink: Glad you liked it. It's fun seeing people react to the little bits I had so much fun writing.

There was one (very) subtle joke in chapter 11 that no one noticed (or at least they didn't tell me if they did). The bit where Twilight mentions to Pinkie it was only a day since they'd last seen each other, but Pinkie said it felt like months...because it'd been 5 months between those two points as far as writing/publishing. Oh well, I can still be amused.

6928841
Story sat on your read later, then your comment sat in my "need to respond" list... Le sigh. Sorry for delay.

Thrilled that you managed to get around to it, enjoyed it, and let me know. I may only now be replying, but I read comments as soon as they come in and they always warm me inside. I shall certainly do my best to get more up here as time goes by.

6990494
Thank you! :twilightsmile:

Lovely story! Thank You. :twilightsmile:

7109372
You're welcome - glad you enjoyed. :twilightsmile:

7241642
Yeah i really enjoyed the story very much so and it was reference to the latest episode of MLP Saddle Row & Rec :twilightsmile:

7242442

...and it was reference to the latest episode of MLP Saddle Row & Rec :twilightsmile:

Ah. I'm *way* behind on watching.

Celestia I love this fandom. Pruducing such amazing stories, It's a blast!
I LOVED this story, It is well written, and cute, and I love it, and I do my Pinkie, in letting the emotions get the best of me, but I loved it, and found it very cute :D

7652343
Always thrilled to hear that people enjoy what I've created. :pinkiehappy:
Thank you for reading and commenting. :twilightsmile:

great story. any chance you are making a sequel to this?

8163663

I don't even have time to finish my in-progress stuff at the moment. I have very, very loose ideas for two follow-up stories to this, but unless I *know* I will be able to complete them I won't be starting them. So at this point... this should just be treated as a stand-alone.

Glad you enjoyed though. :)

8274009
Yeah I realized where you were going afterwards in chapter 4.

This was so great. It was cutesy af and so adorable, I loved it.

seem trivial matters

seem like trivial matters

That aside, I enjoyed this story so much I binge read the whole thing! As my insomnia will not let me go, I am off to read the next part, the fluffy one-shot sequel story.

8998611
I've made the various corrections. Glad to hear you enjoyed. :)

>>Wodahseht
To steal a line... to say that I 'enjoyed it would be like 'saying the night sky has a few stars; a massive understatement.'

9000308
I do have a few lines I particularly like in my stories. And that one is in there. :P

My subtle 4th wall break by Pinkie is actually my favorite in this story, though I'm not sure anyone really noticed it:

Chapter 11 (Posted: 5th Jun 2015)

Twilight hugged her excitable friend back before struggling to her hooves. "But I just saw you a bit over a day ago Pinkie."

"That doesn't count. And anyway, it feels like it's been months since then!"

Previous encounter with Pinkie "a bit over a day ago": Chapter 08 (Posted: 9th Jan 2015)

A statement that could be considered normal under the circumstances if anyone else said it, but takes a minor twist in Pinkie's mouth.

Where’s this fluffy one shot? I’m keen for more twiluna

Drinking my fave beer and reading this amazing twiluna story has been of great enjoyment, and a night well spent so far. This is totally worth a second read and I consider this an inspirational example of what you can do with these two.

I look forward to the day I read this again. For a third or even fourth time.

A renewed surge of admiration and love for Luna coursed through Twilight as she touched her horn to Luna’s…

…and together they raised the moon.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is just so super duper cute! I need moooooorrrreeeee!

10629513
Probably not necessary to call out a 5-year-old comment. (Sweet Celestia, has it really been that long!?)
That aside, glad that you still enjoy on a fresh re-read. :)

Yup. Still a fun read. Ok, at the end the whole shipping has become a bit trite against the sea of other ship stories out there, but its still not bad. But the whole set up with the Lunar magic dependency and the Ursa and all that, still a top notch Macguffin to get to the shipping.

11004157
Glad to hear you still enjoy after the passage of time. :)

I love this story, probably one of my top 20 favorite TwiLuna stories.

Also is Twilight more powerful? She still has Celestia's magic and Luna's magic so I'm gonna guess she also has a part of Cadance's magic as well along with her own magic.

I am curious how much power Twilight has currently compared to how much power Celestia, Luna, and Cadance have combined.

11891634
Just found this site less than half a year ago.

It is disappointing that not a lot of people make exciting stories today like people used to a decade ago.

2011-2021 were probably the best stories that were released during those times. There are great stories released nowadays but Authors that do make stories that have a lot of potential in becoming popular and are great stories to read don't update the stories that much and eventually they remain Incompleted.

11891535

why does she "purr"?

Just an individual quirk that in my headcanon is not unheard-of, but uncommon. I base it being possible on the fact I can purr (something that people tend to either find cool or disturbing with no real middle ground). Primarily for the story though, it's just that I figured it was a really cute mental visual and something fun to throw in.

11891543

Also is Twilight more powerful? She still has Celestia's magic and Luna's magic so I'm gonna guess she also has a part of Cadance's magic as well along with her own magic.

It's not that she has their magic (that is, she doesn't have *more than* her usual magic available). It's that she can perform their unique magics as a result of having had those "signatures" when the drain/restoration occurred. So, she can mimic their specialized magic - within the limits of her own mana-pool so to speak.

I did consider two follow-ups where she explored those other types of magic being available - something like "Celestia Two" and "Cadance Makes Three" - but didn't ever get off the ground as I couldn't build a reasonable framework and wasn't just going to start random thing "just because" then leave it hanging or sharing something crud. This story was neatly tied off, so there was no reason to continue it unless I had a real solid plan for it and belief I'd follow through to end.

Thank you for reading and commenting. I always enjoy getting to "see the journey" when people comment as they go.

11891634
And thank you for reading as well. :twilightsmile:

11896852

Thank you for reading and commenting. I always enjoy getting to "see the journey" when people comment as they go.

I'm actually probably one of the only ones who does that, I never see anyone else comment on the story as they read through the story, I met one at some point but that was it.

I'd say there's only 10 who does it on this site, maybe not even that much.


And thank you for writing such a story, I really enjoyed reading it.

Login or register to comment