• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 34: Cheering Up The Night! (Nightmare Night Part 4)

OK Nightshade, your plan is two fold, cheer up the poor depressed pony everyone was mean to, and bring back Nightmare Night.
N: This isn't going to be my first an only one, I don't even get to eat my candy this year. I have to give it to charity...Well, charity is helping others
(Ding) I've got the greatest idea ever!

As Nightshade walks over to where Luna went, she thinks,

Okay Nightshade, your plan is two-part; cheer up the depressed pony everypony was mean to and bring back Nightmare Night. This is my first Nightmare Night and it's sure as buck not gonna be me last! Even if I have to donate all my candy... Well, charity is helping oth- *ding* I've got the greatest idea ever!

Nightshade smiles at her idea and continues to walk to where Luna is and starts to approach her when...

realize mummies are just really old and well preserved zombies, and then trip on a rock and face plant in front of Luna, before realizing that daddys luck is starting to rub off on you.

Then wonder why lady luck hates you both.

She trips on a rock and falls on her face just a few feet from Luna.

"Buck you lady luck..." Nightshade mutters (like father, like daughter)

Nightshade looks up at Luna, waiting for her response to her tripping incident, but it appears Luna didn't notice her fall as she just stares off into space with a sad expression. Nightshade gets off the ground and looks at Luna in confusion as she thinks,

Huh... how the buck did she not see that?! I fell right in front of her! Oh well, time to engage "Operation: Cheer up the Night"! Now to begin phase one, doing what Daddy does to make mares happy! And why does Lady Luck hate me and Daddy so munch?

With that thought in mind, Nightshade approaches Princess Luna...

N: Here goes nothing…Pr-Princess Luna?
She turns around and she really doesn’t look scary at all, in fact she looks miserable. She wipes away her tears and tries to put on a brave face.
N: Hello, I am…
L: A mummified pony from Anugypt, although the bandages don’t appear to be authentic
N: Ya, my daddy doesn’t have all that much money for the good stuff heh heh

"*gulp* Here goes nothing… Pr-Princess Luna?" Nightshade says,

Luna turns around, wiping away tears, and tries to put on a brave face as Nightshade continues.

"Hello, I am…"

"A mummified pony from Anugypt," Luna interrupts, "Although the bandages don’t appear to be authentic."

"Yeah, my daddy doesn't have all that much money for the good stuff heh heh..." Nightshade chuckles nervously...

"Um, Princess Luna? Could you make my nose bleed?"
"I beg your pardon, child?"
"Well, it's just that when my Daddy gets a nose bleed, the mare he was talking to giggles."
Luna blushes. "It is perfectly acceptable for you not to have a nose bleed right now."
"Oh. Okay." Nightshaded hmmphs and sits down. Well that didn't work. So how would Daddy cheer up a princess?
Deep within her mind, an instictive memory surfaces. She doesn't remember ever seeing this, but it feels right.
Nightshade jumps on Luna's back. "My name is Nightshade!"
Luna looks up at her. "What?"
"And I am here to say!" (Please don't)
I'm gonna make you smile
And I will brighten up your... uh, night!
Nightshade jumps off and does cartwheels around her.
Cause I want to make you- "WHOA!"
One of her hooves gets caught in her bandages, and she falls to the ground.
Luna snerks.
Nightshade smiles and points a hoof at her. "I'll take it!"

"Anyway, um... Princess Luna? Could you make my nose bleed?"

"I beg your pardon, child?" Luna replies in shocked confusion.

"Well, it's just that when my Daddy gets a nosebleed, the mare he was talking to giggles."

Luna blushes, "It is perfectly acceptable for you not to have a nose bleed right now."

"Oh. Okay." Nightshade hmmphs as she sits down.

Well that didn't work. Now how would Daddy cheer up a princess?

Deep within her mind, an instinctive memory surfaces. She doesn't remember ever seeing this, but it feels right. Acting on the memory, she jumps on jumps on Luna's back.

"My name is Nightshade!"

Luna looks up at her in confusion.

"What?"

"And I am here to say!" ("Please don't...")
"I'm gonna make you smile"
"And I will brighten up your... uh, night!"

Nightshade jumps off Luna and start doing cartwheels around her.

"Cause I want to make you-*trip* "WHOA!"

One of her hooves gets caught in her bandages, and she faceplants into the ground.

"Snrk..." Luna attempts to hold back a laugh.

Nightshade points a hoof at Princess Luna declaring.

"I'll take it!"

And bounces back to her hooves in excitement and looks towards Luna to see her smirking face...

-only to see her once again sad and depressed and facing away from her. Nightshade does a double take as she thinks,

What the!? But she was snrking a second ago! How did she go form snrrking to all sad-like so soon!? Oh well, time to initiate phase two, Scare her into happiness!

And with that thought, Nightshade puts phase two of her plan into action by...

"Princess no like Nightmare Night? Then show her why like Nightmare Night!" And what better way than to scare the livings daylight out off her! ...You still don't quite understand what that expression meant.
Okay, first things first, how do you scare the Mare who this holiday was based off of? Hmm. Ah! Loud noises! Kick something that makes big sounds! Tiptoeing, you placed a metal trash can right next to her (how you could be so quiet doing so, that's up to your discretion). You heaved you haunches, and catapulted you kicking leg, performing a standing-still "Falcon Kick".
...she didn't hear you. New plan!

Princess no like Nightmare Night? Then I show her why like Nightmare Night! And what better way than to scare the livings daylight out off her...! I still have no idea what that expression means! Nightshade thinks before she continues,

Okay, first things first; how do you scare the Mare who this holiday was based off of? Hmm. Ah! Loud noises! Kick something that makes big sounds!

Tiptoeing, Nightshade places a metal trash can right next to Luna (don't ask how she managed to be so stealthy with a trash can... Or where she even got a trash can on such short notice). Nightshade then gets on her rear legs and does standing-still "Falcon Kick", sending a flaming hoof smashing into the metal can which sends it flying off into the distance.

IN THE DISTANCE

Caramel is running back to his house,

"Oh shoot! How could I have forgotten tonight was Nightmare Night! Oh... Sassaflash will be so upset with me if I don't have my cos- *CLANG*"

And gets smashed in the head with a trash can from the heavens.

BACK TO NIGHTSHADE AT LUNA

Nightshade looks back at Luna and... she didn't hear it. Nightshade moves her hoof in a 'drat!' motion as she thinks,

Horseapples! Okay Nightshade think, what would Daddy do... *ding* I got it! I'll do the opposite for what Daddy does, I'll talk to the pony who's sad who been mean to him! Maybe that'll work instead of having an awesome fighting scene!

Nightshade nods at her plan, and clears her throat as she takes action...

L: … are…are you not fearful of me child?
N: Not really, living here I’ve seen real monsters. Just yesterday I got chased by a Hydra
L: Ah yes, my sister read that report from her student, you must be Night Shade then
N: Wow, right on the money
L: If that is the case, then perhaps you should leave, I hear your father has quite the temper, and who knows what he’ll do with you in the presence of a “foal eater” (said in sadness)
N: B-But you don’t eat foals, do you?
L: Of course not…but everypony thinks I do. Even when I was her (pointing towards statue) We never did such things…though perhaps this is my karmic punishment, to be feared by children
N: Well I don’t think of you that way. Here (Hands her bag of candy) you could use these more than I could.
L: Modern day sweets…I truly do enjoy these…but still child, I don’t deserve your kindness…
N: Why do you think that?
L: I may not eat foals…but I did threaten one…and in doing so, I created the most destructive foe Equestria has seen in eons.
N: The Hooded Offender?
Looks at Statue
L: I came back as a monster, but I was shed of her, shed of her hatred and poison…able to be with my sister again. But soon after that, the changelings invaded Canterlot, and I slept through it…I was still weakened yes, but I could’ve done something. And then a Changeling with a young filly appeared…a Filly that looked too much like a monster I had known for ages…and I panicked.
N: Gulp
L: I swore I sensed HER presence, I thought she was there to take me back, to make me a monster once again, and I wanted to avoid that at all costs…but I see my mistake now.
N: Mistake?
L: Even if she had the appearance of HER, she wasn’t. My sister knew this, she scolded me for my fear, because she was just a little filly. A little filly who cried out for her father. A Father with immense power. Any parent would react as he did. And now he continues to spread disorder because of his hatred for us…and it is justified.
N: …would…would you ever hurt that filly if you saw her again?
L:… No. I don’t want to hurt children (tears in her eyes) I never could…even if she was the reincarnation of HER, I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to do it…I wouldn’t be able to live with myself, before I was panicked, scared…I…gasp
Night Shade hugs Princess Luna who hugs back.
N: We all get scared sometimes, it’s OK, you’re not a bad pony.
L: (Hugs back) Thank you child…thank you for listening…thank you for caring
N: and besides, sometimes it's fun being scared, having fun with your fears lessons their actual impact. Please don't think everyone hates you, Nightmare Night is fun
L: You are right child...perhaps I was to hasty in my decisions...like usual...(sigh) but thank you (hugs Nightshade tighter)
Nightshade, for some reason, when you are in her grasp, you feel...immense comfort, like when daddy hugs you. It's like she's familiar to you, like family even though you've only just now done this. It's a good feeling, but maybe you should ask Daddy about it later.
Twilight: Daaawwwww (Sniff)
Night Shade and Luna Look up
Twilight: That was beautiful…(she blows her nose into a handkerchief) I couldn't have said any of that better myself. Night Shade, Princess Luna, please come back to Ponyville with me, others have to see this…especially…

"Uh... Princess Luna?"

Luna turns around and says,

"Oh... You're still here. Are…are you not fearful of us child?"

"Not really, living here I've seen real monsters. Just yesterday I got chased by a Hydra." Nightshade says matter-of-factly.

"Ah yes, my sister read that report from her student, you must be Nightshade then."

"Wow, right on the money."

"If that is the case, then perhaps you should leave, I hear your father has quite the temper, and who knows what he’ll do with you in the presence of a “foal eater”. Luna says sadly.
"B-But you don’t eat foals, do you?" Nightshade asks nervously.

"Of course not… but everypony thinks we do. Even when we were her," Luna gestures towards the Nightmare Moon statue before continuing, "We never did such things… though perhaps this is my karmic punishment, to be feared by children..."

"Well I don’t think of you that way. Here," Nightshade hoofs Luna her bag of candy, "you could use these more than I could."

"Modern day sweets… we truly do enjoy these…but still child, we don’t deserve your kindness…"

"Why do you think that?"

"I may not eat foals, but I did threaten one… and in doing so, I created the most destructive foe Equestria has seen in eons..."

"The Hooded Offender?" Nightshade asks cautiously.

Luna looks at the Statue in regret as she continues.

"We... I came back as a monster, but I was shed of her, shed of her hatred and poison, able to be with my sister again. But soon after that, the changelings invaded Canterlot and I slept through it…I was still weakened, yes, but I could have done something. And then a Changeling with a young filly appeared. A Filly that looked too much like a monster I had known for ages. And I panicked..."

"Gulp." Nightshade gulps in fear as Luna continues,

"I swore I sensed her presence, I thought she was there to take me back, to make me a monster once again, and I wanted to avoid that at all costs… but I see my mistake now."

"Mistake?"

"Even if she had the appearance of her, she wasn't. My sister knew this. She scolded me for my fear because she was just a little filly. A frightened little filly who cried out for her father. A Father with immense power. Any parent would react as he did and now he continues to spread destruction and disorder because of his hatred for us… and it is all my fault."

"…Would… would you ever hurt that filly if you saw her again?" Nightshade asks nervously.

"No... I don’t want to hurt children, " Luna says with tears starting to form in her eyes, "I never could… even if she was the reincarnation of HER, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it… I wouldn't be able to live with myself, before I was panicked, scared… I… *gasp*"

Nightshade suddenly hugs Princess Luna who is frozen in shock for a few moments before hugging back.

"We all get scared sometimes, it’s OK, you’re not a bad pony."

"Thank you child…thank you for listening… thank you for caring." Luna says as she hugs back with tears of happiness beginning to stream down her face.

"And besides, sometimes it's fun being scared, having fun with your fears lessens their actual impact. Please don't think everyone hates you, Nightmare Night is fun!"

"You are right child... perhaps we were to hasty in our decisions... as usual..."

Luna sighs before continuing,

"but thank you." She says as she hugs Nightshade tighter.

Why does this feel so... comfortable? It's like when Daddy hugs me. And Princess Luna feels really familiar, even though I've just met her. Still... it feels really nice, I'll just ask Daddy later... Nightshade thinks.

"*Sniff*"

Night Shade and Luna look up from their hug and see Twilight wiping her eyes with her beard.

"That was beautiful…" She blows her nose into a handkerchief before continuing, "I couldn't have said any of that better myself Nightshade. Princess Luna, please come back to Ponyville with me, others have to see this… especially-"

*MMMOOOOOAAAAANNNN!!!!*

Luna looks up startled, Nightshade's eyes widen, and Twilight gulps as she says,

"Oh no..."

She slowly turns around (as Luna and Nightshade turn their heads more quickly towards the sound) and sees a figure with an orange glowing light...

MMMOOOOOAAAAANNNN!!!!
They see you with your red glowing eye port
Bugze: WOULD YOU KINDLY GET YOUR FILTHY HOOVES OFF MY DAUGHTER!!!
Twilight: Tennant Wait!
Luna: SIR PLEASE!!!
You: MMMMMMOOOOOOOAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! (CHARGING)

Bugze goes after Luna, thinking that if Nightshade's not there she's safe, and sees Luna standing above nightshade...
*snap*

POV CHANGE: YOU (THE VERY ANGRY BUGZE)

*snap*

You interrupt Sparkle Butt as you see Luna holding YOUR daughter. Thinking that she's trying to harm Nightshade again, your big daddy instinct kicks in and you give a loud roaring moan before you charge in screaming,

"Would you kindly, GET YOUR BUCKING HOOVES OFF MY DAUGHTER!!!"

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Ironic title is ironic, on sin *ding*

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Let's hope Luna takes care of Bugze quickly so that we can move on to new arcs, don't you all agree?

Last chapters question answer is...

Not Telling!

Heheheh, you all gave good ideas as to who to fight, so look forward to some of those fights!

Today's question is...

Who do you think will kiss Bugze first?

I'm gonna let you guys think on that for now Is gots some sleeping to do. BYE!

PreviousChapters Next