• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
[FIXED] Episode 4: Castle Exploring Time 2: Stealthy Visit!

Theme

First, think of what you know won't work:
-The MGS box has failed you 3 for 3 so it's out.
-Applejack can sense changeling disguises so knocking out a guard and taking his/her identity probably won't work.
-Calling out your moves in combat: Good. Calling out your moves while sneaking... not so much (learned that the hard way when you tried to infiltrate a temple of ninja mules by dressing up like pirates and doing a musical number about how stealthy you are... In broad daylight... During a weapons demonstration... While masters from other temples were visiting. Understandably, it wase first (and only) time your ex-Queen ever allowed you to lead a squad)

You decide to go over everything you know won't work in sneaking into the castle.

Let's see, the Metal Gear Solid box has failed three to three now so that's out (plus I don't see any boxes or crates anywhere nearby). I doubt Twilight cast that changeling detection spell on Applejack considering that I'm 'dead', but I'll play it safe for once and I won't disguise myself as anyling here. Also, calling out my attack moves in combat: good. Doing that while sneaking around: Not so good. Learned that the hard way...

A couple of years ago, you lead a squad of changelings to infiltrate a temple of ninja mules by dressing up like pirates and doing a musical number about how stealthy you are... In broad daylight... During a weapons demonstration... While masters from other temples were visiting. Predictably it all went to Tartarus really quickly (you somehow got a pair of nunchuku, a sai, a katana, a few shrunken, and even a staff lodged into several parts of your body) and your ex-Queen had to personally come in and save your dumb flank. Understandably, it was the first (and only) time your ex-Queen ever allowed you to lead a squad in the field.

My teleport is worthless unless I feel like popping up in, I don't know, in a space station over run with a alien slave species that are controlled by a giant devil monster. So that knocks off... pretty much all my stealth skills besides my unexplained Pony's Creed-style parkour skills and- that's it. Now what can I do?

As you try to think of a way to sneak into the castle, you suddenly have a...

Remember another piece of sagely advice from your Gandbuggy.
"N-now 'hic' Bugshy, big ol' 'hic' plashes never gaurd za looooooosh...
And loooooosh mean 'hic' breweries, for full bladdersh. Now help me tie up my 'hic' parashute"

A flashback of your grandbuggys sagely advice...

"N-now *hic* %*^^$^, big ol' *hic* plashes never gaurd za looooooosh...
And loooooosh mean *hic* breweries, for full bladdersh. Now help me tie up my *hic* parashute so that I *hic* jump off this here cliff."

You never did understand what grandbuggy was trying to do. You and grandbuggy weren't even anywhere near a cliff! You were both inside the hive at the time and the "parachute" your grandbuggy was referring to was the queen's favorite pillow... at least what was left of it (let's just say grandbuggy really didn't like fluffy things and leave it at that). Of course you got this advice after your grandbuggy got drunk (he's almost as bad as you when he gets drunk... almost). But now you understand it... the 'sneaking into the castle though the brewery' part at least. So, with your new plan in mind, you hop out of the bush you where in and begin to stealthy sneak around the courtyard to look for a entrance to the "brewery".

5 MINUTES LATER

After five minutes of searching, you finally found the entrance to the "brewery" at the back of the castle. You use the term loosely because when you got in by sneaking in though a cellar door, instead of finding barrels of liquor you found that the entire room is filled to the brim with coffee. When you got out though another door on the other side of the room that led into the castle, you found a sign that read...

"CAUTION: PRINCESS LUNA IS NOT ALLOWED IN HERE, KEEP HER OUT AT ALL COSTS! FAILURE TO KEEP HER OUT WILL RESULT IN DESTRUCTION TO THE PALACE AND BODILY HARM TO THE PRINCESS BODY!"

When you read that you could't help but think,

What the?... Is Luna addicted to coffee or something?

You also couldn't help but think of this image and laugh like a maniac at it. After you're done laughing at the image, you begin to use your Pony's Creed skills as you begin to look around for the room full of window paintings. You look to your left to see a really long hallway, to your right is... another long hallway. You sigh as you look in front of you to see... another stinking long hallway! You sigh again and decide to use the best way to decide which way to go,

"Eenie meenie miney moe...."

12 MINUTES LATER

Your ingenious plan of deciding which way to go has led you to choose the left hallway. however as you're sneaking around, you...

While you walk through the castle and sneak through the corridors on the way to the hall of triumphs (that's what I'm calling that room with all the stained glass windows), you hear a splash. looking down you notice a large pool of water forming, as well as a lot of commotion coming from further down one of the hallways.
Deciding to see what's up, you find a mouse in a wizard's cap doing battle with an army of walking brooms as they poor water all over the floor.

Step in a puddle of water?

"What in the name of Luna?"

You look down in confusion as you see that the hallway is now flooding. Deciding to see what's going on, you follow the flow of the water to a closed door a little further down the hall. You are hesitant to open the door out of fear of getting soaked, but you bug up and open the door and see... a pony-sized mouse wearing a red robe and a blue wizard hat with white stars on it fighting off living brooms that have hands that are throwing buckets of water at the mouse. As you continue to stare, you can't help but mumble,

"What in the name of Luna am I seeing?"

You rub your eyes to see if you're imaging it all and when you look again you are saddened to see that you're still looking at the strange scene. Finally deciding that you've had enough of this strangeness and chalking it all up to whatever is causing all the other strange stuff that's been happening, you slowly turn around and whisper "Nope" as you quickly run away to the right hallway.

17 MINUTES LATER

Your Grandbuggery and his sagely advice rings in your ears
"Listen up Bugze, the best way to make everyling turn tail and abandon a place, like an amusement park or a castle, is to pretend to be a ghost, that way no one will bother you as you sneak about looking for treasure. As long as you don't run into any stoners, prom royalty, turtlenecked fillyfoolers or talking dogs, your plan will be foolproof. Damned kids and their dog, I would've gotten away with it too..."
The best way to cover your coat would be to find the royal kitchen (or any kitchen for that matter) and cover yourself in flour. That way if you are ever found out, you can claim to be the ghost of the Hooded Offender and scare everyone away. This plan is Genius!!! :pinkiecrazy:

You find yourself opening another door along the right hallway. You've been doing this stealthy for awhile now, hoping to find the hall full of window art the Doctor told you to meet him at. The door you just opened appears to lead to the royal kitchen. As you scan the room for any useful items, you spot a bag of flour in the corner of the room. Suddenly you get a great idea as some more of your grandbuggy's advice comes back to you...

"Listen up Bugze, the best way to make everyling turn tail and abandon a place, like an amusement park or a castle, is to pretend to be a ghost, that way noling will bother you as you sneak about looking for treasure. As long as you don't run into any stoners, prom royalty, turtlenecked fillyfoolers, or talking dogs, your plan will be foolproof. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids..."

Yeahhhh... you had to bail your grandbuggy out of jail for, and you quote "disturbing the peace by dressing up as a ghost and scaring hatchlings away from the park so that he could dig up old bug Mack's buried treasure" and you had a hard time explaining to your ex-queen's royal guards on where he got the flamethrower. Anyway, deciding to take your grandbuggy's advice you walk over to the bag of flour, pick it up, and after whispering a 'sorry' to your cloak, you dump the whole bag on your head. After looking into a nearby mirror to see if it worked (and it did as you recoiled in fright from your ghostly reflection) you continue looking for the window art hallway.

10 MINUTES LATER

Use your knowledge from Pony's Creed to sneak around the castle without getting caught! However, when you try to jump into a hay barrel the hay doesn't cushion you as much as it does in the game... Ow!

You are walking towards another door, when you suddenly hear hoof steps coming towards you. Thinking quickly, you run towards a nearby open window and dive out of it. You did this because you saw a pile of hay at the bottom of the three floor drop. You smile as you approach the hay barrel knowing it will be a soft landin-

*BONK* "Ow!"

You say in pain as you land on your face. You slowly get up as you mumble angrily,

"I refuse to believe that this wouldn't work in real life, so I will blame lady luck until someling tells me otherwise."

When you finally get up, you begin to head back to where you think the cellar entrance to the 'brewery', but as you're walking back, you look up and see...

Sneak around the castle until you see the stained glass windows from the outside. They're sort of high off the ground, so shoryuken yourself up there. As you gaze at the windows from the outside, you think for a second that the paintings on the windows seem to be moving. As you walk along the rooftop, trying to get a closer look, you accidentally slip and slide friendly towards the window. Bracing for impact, you crash through the window and find yourself starting at six surprised mares and one shocked Sun-goddess. You just stare back.
"Well, excuse me, I was just trying to deliver some exposition here," a distinctive voice snaps. You turn toward the voice to see a Dragon-like creature with assorted body parts from other animals (post a link here or something) starting at you from the stained glass. "Oh my," he says as he suddenly gets an idea. "You wouldn't happen to be the hooded offender, would you? I've heard a lot about you during my imprisonment. Aren't you just a brilliant little chaos-creator, not half bad for an amateur."

That the window art hallway is just a few feet away from you! You wonder how you missed that, but decide to worry about it later. For now you need to find a quicker way up there then the "brewery" way. You suddenly get a super dumb idea, but since your dumb ideas usually work, you decide to go for it. Putting your plan into action, you whisper "Psycho Crusher!" and send yourself spinning towards the windows. As you're heading towards the windows you swear you saw the paintings in the windows move, but you just shrug it off. But sadly for you, you realize the one flaw in your plan:

You have no bucking idea how to stop yourself. As you're about to hit the window you can't help but think,

I really hope the princess has insurance...

*crash* *shatter* *tumble*
"What the!"

"Oh my!"

"What in tarnation!"

"Is this a surprise!?"

"Sweet me!"

"Hey!"

As you look up from your crash, you see the Deadly Five, Fluttershy, and Celestia staring at you in shock and horror. You look at them in fear as you think,

Please tell me the whole "flour ghost" plan worked.

You're about to say something when you hear someling shout in annoyance,

"Hey, I'm trying to deliver some exposition here!"

You turn toward the voice to see a Dragon-like creature with assorted body parts from other animals looking at you from the stained glass.

"Oh my..." he says with his annoyance turning into a look of mischievousness in his eyes. "You wouldn't happen to be the ghost of the Hooded Offender, wouldn't you? I've heard a lot about you during my imprisonment. Aren't you just a brilliant little chaos-creator, not half-bad for an amateur. Especially that little show you put on during the Bland Boring Ball, which was just delicious! Tell me, how did you create those wonderful tails?"

As you look at the creature in both awe and confusion, you can't help but think...

This is gonna be a long day isn't it?

Outro

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Introducing the newest pain in the butt for Bugze (but our favorite chaos maker) Discord!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here.

Interesting answers for yesterdays questions. And I'm glad that some of you don't have to endure the torture that is school. Anyway, today's question...

What is your favorite Discord moment?

Come on all you John de Lancie fans, whats your favorite chaos making moment? BYE!

PreviousChapters Next