• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 39: MEDIC!!!

Theme:

AAAAAHH wait i can rotate the bones back in place like in the movies... if it works in the movies it gotta work in real life?.... AAAAAAHHAAAAHH EVEN MORE PAIN

"-OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

You continue to scream in pain as Fluttershy looks at you in horror.

"Daddy! What's wrong!?" Nightshade yells in worry as she tries to wiggle out of Fluttershy's grasp, but apparently Fluttershy has a iron grip when she's scared. Your scream starts to die down as you think,

Oh sweet Luna this hurts! I feel like my limbs and shoulders are gonna fall off! There's gotta be some way I can numb the pain...

*ding*

You give a pained smile as you think,

I got it! I can pop my bones back into place like in all those action movies I watch! If it works in movies, then it must work in real life too! I'm a smart bug!

With your plan in mind, you use your least broken foreleg and grab your back left leg. Fluttershy looks at you in worry and says,

"Uh Mister Tennant. What are you doi-"

*CRACK*

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOW THERE'S EVEN MORE PAIN! I AM NOT A SMART BUG! OH SWEET LUNA THE PAIN! AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Fluttershy just stares at you in horror as she says,

"Hood- I mean Mister Tennant! What on earth made you think that was a good idea!"

You look over to her and weakly say...

"Movies, Fluttershy... movies made it sound like a good idea..."

Suddenly, the situation hits you like a vase of rocks dropped from above (old bullying incident) as you start to think,

Wait a minute, Broken limbs? Bodily harm? Massive internal bleeding?! There's only one thing to do!

Wait a minute, Broken limbs? Bodily harm? Massive internal bleeding?! There's only one thing to do!
With this thought in your mind, you do what video games have taught you. You crawl over to the nearest chest-high wall and sit against it while making throaty grunts and deep, painful breathing noises.
"Uh, Bugz- I mean, Mister Tennant, what are you doing?" Fluttershy asks, extremely concerned.
"I'm taking cover while waiting for my health to regenerate." you tell her what should have been obvious, clearly she's not a hardcore gamer like you.
"Daddy, that doesn't work in real life." Nightshade lets you know "Button Mash told me so, and he knows form experience."
You can't help but growl at the thought of a colt not only undermining your innovative use of video game logic, but also teaching your daughter something you didn't. But you know you have a chance for redemption in this light, as there is one other thing that can be done, something team-based shooters have never failed you on.
You take a deep breath and shout "MEEEDIIIC!" as loud as you can.
Within seconds, a pair of muscly stallions rush around the corner with a stretcher and carry you off to the hospital while a second pair come to collect the rainbow fillyfooler.

With this thought in your mind, you do what video games have taught you. With the fillyfooler still unconscious on your back, you drag yourself over to the nearest chest-high wall and lean against it while making throaty grunts and deep, painful breathing noises.

"Uh, Bugz- I mean, Mister Tennant, what are you doing?" Fluttershy asks, extremely concerned.

"I'm taking cover while waiting for my health to regenerate." you tell her what should have been obvious, clearly she's not a hardcore gamer like you.

"Daddy, that doesn't work in real life." Nightshade says, "Button Mash told me so, and he knows from experience."

You can't help but growl as you think,

How dare some colt teach MY baby something that I didn't know, I was gaming before he was ever even born! *DING* Wait, if normal shooters don't work, then the key must be team-based shooters...

You take a deep breath and shout

"MEEEEEEDDDDDDIIIIIIICCCCCCCC!"

Within seconds, a pair of muscly stallions rush around the corner with a stretcher and carry you off to the hospital while a second pair come to collect the rainbow fillyfooler.

Works every time... Unless the other team was taught to kill the medic first... you think.

As you are taken off towards the hospital, you can see Pinkie and Twilight helping the other two stallions with Rainbow. turning your head to the side, you can also see Fluttershy following closely behind you with Nightshade jumping up as she runs, trying to get a look at you, no doubt worried if you'll be alright. Ironically enough though, you can't help worry about Nightshade seeing you like this, what with your mangled limbs and all.

I guess she can't see me, which is actually good now that I think about it. I would hate for Nightshade to see me the way I am now. Sure she saw me coughing up blood during the whole Discord incident, but that was that, blood. She didn't see my forelegs and legs completely backwards. You know this reminds me of the time I-

*shatter*

Your thoughts are interrupted as a random flowerpot smashes you in the head. The stallions stop to check to see that your okay, but grow worried when a giant bump begins to grow out of your head. You see small tiny birds fly around your head, and you just stare at them in confusion. Suddenly, you look at them with a silly grin and say,

"Pretty pretty Birdy. Nice, tiny pretty Birdy. You are all so prejinjbbbasfaff."

And with that you fall unconsciousness from your newest head wound. The stallions look at each other with worry and the one on the left says,

"This is worst then we thought! He's starting to hallucinate!"

The one on the right nods his head and says,

"Your right. Quickly, activate super speed mode!"

And with that they start to run towards the hospital at full speed.

*clank clang clang*

Sadly for you, your head would smack into several hard objects as the two stallions ran, so let's just say you will be feeling a huge headache when you wake up...

AT THE PONYVILLE HOSPITAL

You slowly open your eyes, but are immediately blinded by a bright light shining right in your face. You try to move you hoof in order to shield your eyes, but to no avail as you find it's been restrained. With your current track record of waking up tied to tables, you're about to freak out, and it doesn't help that your head is pounding like a stinking drum. You squeeze your eyes shut against the light and pain as you mutter,

"Ugh my head is killing me. What happened? Last thing I remembered was pushing Fluttershy out of the way of the Fillyfooler, then..."

You try to remember as to how you got here, but you keep drawing a blank. You eventually give up and say,

"Oh well, it'll come to me when it comes to me... now where am I?"

You can't seem to move your head, so you just use your eyes to look around as you begin to think,

Let's see, white walls that'll give you nightmares, check. Blinding lights that always shine in your face when you wake up, check. Sanitized chemical smell, check. Yep... I'm in a bucking hospital... yay... you think the last part sarcastically.

It's not that you don't like hospitals, (they help save the sick and let the dying have a nice place to rest after all) it's just the fact that they're so... creepy. The white walls, the cold temperature, the smell, it's just plain freaky. The fact that you've played several horror games that take place in hospitals also doesn't help. As you continue to look around while hoping that a random killer ghost doesn't come to kill you, you finally notice the reason why you can't move, that reason is...

You wake up in the hospital on a bed with casts all along your broken limbs after having screamed yourself into unconsciousness.
You: Huh? I guess medicine has progressed since Grandbuggy last brought me in
You then notice your pile of clothes and inventory sitting beside you in a chair, and you become panicked.
You: Oh No! My clothes! The potion was only temporary. OH MAN, OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!
NM: Calm yourself, can you not see that you are covered?
You: Huh?
You take a closer look over your body and you see you have bandages over all over, including your face, you kind of look like how Night Shade was in her mummy costume.
You: Huh! Guess it hasn’t changed that much.
With your panicked mind now eased, you can focus on other things…Like how your limbs are still in pain
You groan in pain causing a nurse to pull back your curtain.
Redheart: Oh hello there Mr. Tennant, glad to see you’re awake.
You: Pain…hurts…
Redheart: Well I’d be worried if it didn’t, you have two broken shin bones, a fractured femur, and your left front shoulder was dislocated, but we were able to pop it back into place
You: uuggghhh…
R: and don’t you worry about your medical condition, the mares that brought you in showed us your note, so we took precautions and wrapped every bit of your body since we can’t leave you in your clothes, We’ve even blacked out the windows for you.
You: Thanks…
R: It’s rare to see such a cocktail of conditions such as yours, it’s fascinating, but still we want you healthy and comfortable.
You: graaahhh…can I have some pain killers?
R: Oh well you just woke up, you need to have some fluids first, otherwise you may become sick to the stomach
She gives you a bowl of soup and puts a bendy straw into your mouth
You: Fine, thanks doc…
R: Oh I’m not the doctor, I’m the Nurse, my name is Redheart. Doctor Stable will see you once he’s finished setting Ms. Dash’s wing
Hearing her name you just groan
R: That as a very brave thing you did by the way.
You: Huh?
R: Well, saving Ms. Dash like that.
You choke a little on your soup
You: What?
R: If it weren’t for you catching her, she could have been critically injured or worse.
You: But…I didn’t…
R: You are a very brave pony sir…a hero even. I hope that gives you comfort
You: Drugs would be better…
R: Oh, of course
she turns on the dripper and then suddenly all is right with the world. You mumble unintelligible as you sigh in bliss
R: There we go, now just sit back and relax. Oh, and we made arrangements for you to have a roommate whilst you are here. It’s the least we could do for you saving her life and everything
You know that she is saying words…but they don’t really mean anything to you at the moment, so you just drift back to sleep.

You're on a hospital bed with casts all along your broken limbs and body. Looking at the casts, you think to yourself,

Huh? I guess medicine has progressed since Grandbuggy last brought me in...

You then notice your Doctor clothes and inventory sitting beside you in a chair,

Oh, that's where my clothes are...

After letting it sink in for a few moments, the realization hits you like a boxing glove attached to a train and you panic,

"Buck, my clothes! The potion was only temporary! OH HAY, OH HORSEAPPLES, OH BUCK, OH MOTHERBUCK-"

Calm yourself, can you not see that you are covered?

"Huh?" you say in confusion before you take a closer look over your body and you see you have bandages all over you to the point where you kind of look like how Nightshade was in her mummy costume.

"Huh! Guess it hasn't changed that much..."

With your panicked mind now eased, you can focus on other things... Like how your limbs are still in pain.

"Owwwww" You groan in pain causing a mare with a white coat, pink mane and tail, blue eyes, and a nurse's cap to pull back your curtain,

"Oh, hello there Mr. Tennant, glad to see you’re awake."

"Pain… hurts…"

"Well I’d be worried if it didn't, you have two broken shin bones, a fractured femur, and your left front shoulder was dislocated, but we were able to pop it back into place."

"Uuggghhh…"

"and don’t you worry about your medical condition, the mares that followed you showed us your note, so we took precautions and wrapped every bit of your body since we can’t leave you in your clothes, We've even blacked out the windows for you."

"Thanks…" you say groggily.

"It’s rare to see such a cocktail of conditions such as yours. It’s fascinating, but still we want you healthy and comfortable."

"Graaahhh... can I have some painkillers?" you whine.

"Oh... well you just woke up so you need to get some fluids in you first, otherwise you may become sick to the stomach from taking medication on an empty stomach." the nurse informs you before she gives you a bowl of carrot soup and puts a bendy straw into your mouth,

"Fine, thanks doc…" you mutter before drinking the soup.

"Oh I’m not the doctor, I’m the Nurse, Nurse Redheart. Doctor Horse will see you once he’s finished setting Ms. Dash’s wing."

Hearing her causes you to start to groan, but Redheart says,

"That as a very brave thing you did by the way."

"Huh?"

"Well, saving Ms. Dash like that."

You choke a little on your soup causing the nurse to slap your back in alarm. Once you've coughed up the soup caught in your throat you say,

"What?"

"If it weren't for you catching her, she could have been critically injured or worse."

"But… I didn't…"

"You are a very brave pony sir… a hero even. I hope that gives you comfort."

"You know what would give me more comfort? Drugs." you deadpanned comment.

"Oh... of course." she responds before she turns on the drippier and then suddenly all is right with the world. You mumble unintelligible as you sigh in bliss.

"There we go, now just sit back and relax. Oh, and we made arrangements for you to have a roommate whilst you are here. It’s the least we could do for you saving her life and everything"

You know that she is saying words… but they don’t really mean anything to you at the moment,

"Oh, and Mister Tennant, your body is healing at a amazing rate. Me and the other nurses/doctors have never seen anything like this. If you don't mind me asking, can you please donate your body to the hospital after you die? If we can find out what is making your body heal so fast, so many lives can be saved!"

She says that last part with her eyes sparkling, but you, however, don't hear a word she says as your to busy in la-la land, so you just mumble,

"dhsjdbsnowpiercerwirbja."

Redheart smiles and nods as she says,

"I'll take that as a yes, thank you very much Mister Tennant."

And with that you properly go deep into la-la land for about a hour or two...

AN HOUR OR TWO LATER

You begin to wake up again as the effect of the pain killers begins to wear off. As your senses come back to you, you hear...

-...Well it`s a miracle he`s still alive... You see a doctor talk to Fluttershy, Nightshade and Applejack in front off your bed... He has got quite a few broken bones, but miraculously no more internal damage... You try to speak, but your face is covered in bandages. Hides your true nature , you guess... Rainbow Dash on the other hoof has less severe injuries... At that you hear the worst sound ever: "Awesome" from your right. You carefully look over to see... RAINBOW FILLYFOOLER IS SHARING YOUR ROOM.. You desperately look around the rest of the room to see nopony else in the beds before the doctor continues... But she will have to stay here for a while...and while she can still walk she has to stay in the room.

"Well it's a miracle... still alive..."

You see a doctor talk to Fluttershy, Applejack, and Nightshade in front of your bed. Since the drugs are just wearing off, you only catch words occasionally leading to a rather jumbled speech,

"He... broken bones... no more internal damage... anomaly... heart... have an expert... tomorrow. Rainbow Dash... has less... injuries... "

"Cool, now how long do I need to lie here? I've got things I need to do!"

That voice jolting you awake, you carefully look over to see... RAINBOW FILLYFOOLER IS SHARING YOUR ROOM (and Rarity and Pinkie are by her, but still RAINBOW FILLYFOOLER)!

You desperately look around the rest of the room to see nopony else in the beds before the doctor continues,

"Well, that all depends on your recovery, but I'd say a few days minimum."

Your eyes widen in horror at the thought of sharing a room with... her. You're about to scream in horror when,

"Daddy!"

"Oh, Mista Tennant, you're awake."

You look over to see the ponies and Nightshade giving you relived looks. You would have nodded your head, but your cast prevents you from doing so, so you just say,

"Eyep, I'm awake. Stuck in a cast in a terrifying hospital for who knows how long, but I am awake."

AT SWEET APPLE ACRES

Big MacIntosh sneezes as he mutters,

"Somepony is using mah catchphrase..."

BACK AT THE HOSPITAL

Applejack's tone suddenly shifts into threatening territory as she says,

Applejack is at the hospital and tells you that while she's glad your okay and happy you saved Fluttershy, she's still a bit upset at you running off on a workday to go to the spa and docks your pay so you only get 10 bits that day (36 bits remaining).
Fortunatly, she confirms that the Apples (and maybe Fluttershy too) will take care of Nightshade while you're recovering (that, or Nightshade stays/wants to stay in the Inventory the whole time you're in the hospital)

"Mista Tennant, while I am glad that you saved Fluttershy and Rainbow from her nasty crash. I'm still going to have to dock your pay for sneaking off work in the first place to go to the spa."

You sigh and respond,

"Yes boss, sorry boss. It'll never happen again, I swear."

"That's better, now me and Fluttershy will be taking care of this here little cutie til y'all better." Applejack says as she ruffles Nightshade's hair.

"Oh yes, I'll be taking care of Nightshade every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday... if you don't mind I mean." Fluttershy adds.

"And I'll be watching over her every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Until you can at least walk on crutches at least."

You smile at knowing Nightshade is in good hooves as you say,

"Thanks girls, but please be gentle with her."

"Daaaaaddddddddd!" Nightshade whines causing the Deadly 6 to giggle.

"Don't worry I will." Applejack says.

"All right, my little ponies." Nurse Redheart says, "Rainbow Dash and Mister Tennant need their rest. You'll have to come back tomorrow."

As the mares are escorted out (you swear you overheard Twilight say something about "needing to stop a disaster she was warned about by her future self"), you look over to see Rainbow... looking at you in regret. Before you can ask her why, she suddenly says,

RD: Oh jeez. Look, I’m really really, really sorry! I was performing a new trick and it got out of hand. Please oh please don’t hate me, I didn’t want you to get hurt (pleading in her eyes)
You: hmmph!
You turn your head the other way so you don’t look at her.
RD: I’ll make this up to you I swear! I’ll do anything, please don’t be mad at me…or press charges or anything like that…
You look at her and see her ears are down and her eyes are watering. You then see her broken wing extended behind her.
You sigh, yes you were just pushing Fluttershy out of the way, but you did save her life if what the Nurse said is true, and that’s a good thing. When you eventually have to face her in combat again, you can always bring it up.
You: Fine…just sit back down and be quiet, my head still kind of hurts…
RD: OK…oh and by the way, your daughter and the girls were in earlier while you were out. AJ wanted me to tell you that she’ll look after Night Shade while you’re here and that they’ll be in for a visit tomorrow.
You: OK…
RD: …And…thanks for saving my life…
You: Yeah…sure…
RD: …
You: …
You both just kind of sit there in silence for awhile. You’re still a bit upset with her.
RD: So, do you want to hear about my trick?
You: No
RD: Do you wanna hear a joke?
You: No
RD: Do you want to hear about the latest Wonderbolts news?
You: Does it involve Spitfire?
RD: ummm…no, it’s about Soarin actually, did you know that he…
You: Not interested…
RD: Alright…well what about…
You: I really don’t want to talk right now Rainbow!
RD: OK, OK, I gotcha…
After a long time of boredom, and the Doctor telling you what you already knew, and being served more soup.
Rainbow Dash got Jello, and all you got was soup!
You finally start drifting off to sleep to get away from the boredom, when all of a sudden you start hearing Rainbow Dash reading aloud.
You try to ignore her at first…but the story she’s reading kind of sounds interesting.
It’s about a mare called Daring Do who is a treasure hunter and how she has to survive killer cats and dungeon traps.
You gasp out loud when you hear about her almost getting skewered by arrows.
Rainbow looks at you after you gasp.
RD: OH, Sorry! I WASN’T READING, I’M NOT AN EGGHEAD…I WAS JUST…
You: confound it woman, what happens next?
RD: How should I know, I wasn’t reading this awesome and cool story (eyes shifting everywhere)
You: Please! Keep reading, if you want to do something for me, keep reading!!! (You really need to know how Daring Do escapes)
RD: Alright, Alright…but you have to promise me that you won’t tell anypony about this OK?
You: I Pinkie Promise…I can’t do the motions right now, but still READ!
NM: Yes, I too wish to know if this mare succeeds!
You: You too?
NM: Tis a fascinating tale.

"Oh jeez. Look, I’m really really, really sorry! I was performing a new trick and it got out of hand. Please oh please don’t hate me, I didn't want you to get hurt..." she pleadingly says.

"Hmmph!" you scoff as you turn your head the other way so you don’t look at her, until you remember you can't move your head so you just look your eyes away from her.

"I’ll make this up to you I swear! I’ll do anything, please don’t be mad at me… or press charges or anything like that…"

You look at her and see her ears are down and her eyes are watering. You then see her broken wing extended behind her.

Ugh... stupid conscience... I did save her life after all. Sure, it was unintentional as I was just saving Fluttershy, but I did save her. Next time I have to fight her, I'm SO bringing that up...

You sigh and say,

"Fine… just sit back down and be quiet, my head still kind of hurts…"

Rainbow brightens up a little but, before quickly saying

"OK, oh.... And…thanks for saving my life…"

"Yeah…sure…"

You both just kind of sit there in silence for awhile as you’re still a bit upset with her.

"So, do you want to hear about my trick?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"No." you bluntly respond.

"Do you wanna hear a joke?"

"No."

"Do you want to hear about the latest Wonderbolts news?"

"Does it involve Spitfire?"

"Ummm…no, it’s about Soarin actually, did you know that he-"

"Not interested. No."

"Alright… well what about…"

"I really don’t want to talk right now Rainbow!" you snap.

"OK, OK, I gotcha…" she says, ears deflating.

A long time of boredom passes with the only breaks being the Doctor telling you what you already heard, and being served more soup (The fillyfooler gets Jello, and all I got was more stinking soup!)

You finally start drifting off to sleep to get away from the boredom, when all of a sudden you start hearing Rainbow Dash reading aloud. You try to ignore her at first… but the story she’s reading kind of sounds interesting. It’s about Daring Do (you saw the movie adaptation of Daring Do and the Forbidden City of Clouds with Grandbuggy. He muttered something about "her uncle Gallant True once cheated me out of my cigars" but you shushed him before he could elaborate) and the book's getting interesting.

You gasp out loud when you hear about her almost getting skewered by arrows, startling Rainbow and causing her to slam the book shut and look at you in surprise as she blurts out,

"Oh, Sorry! I WASN’T READING, I’M NOT AN EGGHEAD! I WAS JUST…"

"Confound it mare, what happens next?"

"How should I know, I wasn't reading this awesome and cool story." she denies as her eyes dart around everywhere.

"Please! Keep reading," you plead, "if you want to do something for me, keep reading!!! I really need to know how Daring Do escapes!"

"Alright, Alright… but you have to promise me that you won’t tell anypony about this OK?"

"I Pinkie Promise… I can’t do the motions right now, but still READ!"

Yes, I too wish to know if this mare succeeds!

You think back the Nightmare in confusion

You too?

Tis a fascinating tale.

You nod your head in agreement with Nightmare and as Rainbow begins to describe Daring Do, you can't help but think,

When Dash start's reading the book Bugze can't help but get the strange feeling that the description of what Daring Do look's like sounds familiar for some reason.

You know, the way she's describing Daring Do, I get this weird familiar feeling about her. Like I somehow met her before...

You get flashbacks to a certain train ride, but you forget about it completely as Rainbow begins to read more of the story...

2 HOURS LATER

RD: (Yawn) Gotta do this tomorrow. Didn’t think reading would make me so tired
You: Ya, still, why’d you freak out earlier?
RD: Because reading isn’t something cool ponies do, it’s for eggheads like Twilight…
You: And where did you hear that?
RD: Umm…you know…cool people?
You: Just because you like to read doesn’t make you an egghead. There’s a difference between reading the boring textbooks Twilight does and reading an adventure like Daring Do! Heck, I gotta get into this series once I’m better.
RD: yeah, but still…
You: You don’t have to be ashamed for liking awesome stuff.
RD: I still don’t want Twilight to tell me she was right, she was the one who recommended I read this…
You: Oh I get ya, pride and all…but still, once we’re done with this one, I’ll let you know about some more awesome series to read just like it, and the others wouldn’t have to know.
RD: I’d like that (blushes)
Her uninjured wing then pomfs up and begins pulsing, and she yelps when her injured wing tries to do the same.
RD: ooohhh, stupid things…Night Tennant!
You: Alrighty then, to be continued. I wanna know what the heck that Azu Yokel thing was.
NM: I believe by the description in the book he is of a race that calls the southern rainforests home. Primitive beasts that worship a twisted image of the false sun goddess
You: OH thanks for the spoilers!
Right before you go to bed though, you receive a message via dragon flame. Rainbow is already out. So you read it.
"We will be meeting in three days time at Berry Punch's Bar at this Time. Password: Down with Lady Luck.
P.S. Scroll will self burn.
With your least injured limb, you throw the scroll into the waste basket where it lights on fire before going out.
Hopefully you heal in 3 days.

"Gotta do this tomorrow. Didn't think reading would make me so tired." Rainbow Dash yawns.

"Ya, you got a good point" you also yawn, "Still, why’d you freak out earlier?"

"Because reading isn't something cool ponies do, it’s for eggheads like Twilight…"

"And... where did you hear that?" you ask.

"Umm… you know… cool people?"

"Just because you like to read doesn't make you an egghead. There’s a difference between reading the boring textbooks Twilight does and reading an adventure like Daring Do! Heck, I gotta get into this series once I’m better! I've only seen a few of the movies and it sound like they left alot out."

"Yeah, but still…"

"You don’t have to be ashamed for liking awesome stuff. If you do that, then you'll end up looking more like a fool in trying to cover up liking that thing you don't want ponies to think you're a fool for liking... Or something like that, I kinda lost track of what the hay I was saying..."

She giggles before saying,

"Yeah, but I still don’t want Twilight to tell me she was right, she was the one who recommended I read this…"

"Oh I get ya, pride and all… but still, once we’re done with this one, I’ll let you know about some more awesome series to read just like it, and the others wouldn't have to know."

"I’d like that." Rainbow Dash says with a blush as her uninjured wing then poofs up and begins pulsing, and she yelps when her injured wing tries to do the same.

"Ooohhh, stupid things…" she mutters.

She then realizes that "Mister Tennant" was right there and probably saw that so she blushes bright red and quickly says,

"Night Tennant!" before quickly going to the pillow and falling asleep.

"Well that was sudden... Alrighty then, to be continued. I wanna know what the heck that 'Azu-Yokel' thing was."

I believe by the description in the book he is of the Ahuizotl species. Primitive beasts that can command felines, set traps, and call the remote rain forest regions home.

Great! Thanks for the spoilers! you think sarcastically.

Right before you go to bed though, you receive a message via dragon flame. After catching it with your horn magic and making sure that Rainbow is already out, you read it.

We will be meeting in three days time at Berry Punch's Bar at this Time.
Password: Curse you Lady Luck.
P.S. Scroll will self-burn.

You throw the scroll into the waste basket where it disappears in a brief burst of green flame.

Hopefully, I'll heal in 3 days...

And with that thought... you fall asleep...

*CRASH*

Your eyes shoot open in shock as you look around for where that noise came from. You see the clock read 5am and then you look over to see Rainbow still asleep, so it couldn't be her. But when you look to your left you see...

A yellow-coated earth pony with a black mane, tail and goatee, a pink tie, and white labcoat quickly stuffing a bunch of dropped medical supplies into his saddle bag. You begin to panic as you think,

Oh buck! A burglar is stealing medical supplies and I can't do anything to stop him! Can this get any worse?

As if lady luck heard you, suddenly the pony turns towards you and notices your open eyes. He nervously chuckles and says,

"Oh... Hi everypony. Just borrowing some medical supplies, didn't mean to wake you up. Sorry about that. Oh, and the name's Quacksalver by the way. Dr. Quacksalver."

...

Buck you lady luck

Outro:

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Look out! a wild OC has appeared!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Now before I day anything, I would like to say that the OC, Dr. Quacksalver, belongs to my editor Kersey. And he has asked me to show you what his personalty is like (the OC, not Kersey). Quacksalver is a combination of

and

Now he isn't a conman or sadist, he is just a combination of those two above (and a little bit of the Medic from TF2). So please write lines accordingly to his character.

Now the moment you've all been waiting for...and some of you will not like it. Here are the votes for NM's new name

Selena-16

Whisper-2

Latona-1

keep it Nimmy-11

And with 16 votes, Selena wins!

Now I know alot of you are going to be mad, but I will point this out. This was a FAIR and EVEN vote of the Hive Mind community. This name has been chosen by the majority of the Hive Mind. I hope you do not abandon this fic for this. There have been plans made to help new readers know that Selena is NMM, but until then please don't fight in the comments.

Now today's question is...

Actually, let's switch things up.

Today I'm gonna experiment with what I call 'VS.s'

I will name two things against eachother, and you in the Hive Mind will explain the better of the two. Now for this trial run, lets do a easy one

G3 MLP Vs. G4 MLP

Which is better? Which is worst? You decide! (pretty obvious, but it is a trail run) BYE!

PreviousChapters Next