• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
[FIXED] Episode 27: TO THE LIBRARY!

Intro:

As you walk to your destination you start to think what hay that dream was all about. You wonder what the 'Nightmare is coming' really means. Could it have something to do with Nightmare night? What could this all mean? You sometimes wish you had your normal changeling life again. It was a boring and simple life, but non-life threatening...... usually.

Ponder what "The Nightmare Comes" could possibly mean and think about telling the Doctor, but get distracted by something.

As you enter Ponyville walking aimlessly, you begin to think about that nightmare,

Luna that dream was creepy. With the being tied down and the headless hooded figure, I wonder if "THE NIGHTMARE COMES" means anything? Could it have something to do with Nightmare Night? I need to tell the Doctor about th-

*wham*

Run into Caramel who is understandably still uneasy around you since you did tackle him through a 2nd-story window while spouting action flick one-liners. His special somepony Sassaflash gives you a sassy earful for that before you distract them with "Hey look, a distraction over there" before trotting off

You are snapped out of your thoughts when you smash into somepony. As you hold your head in pain, you can't help but think,

What is with me and running into ponies lately. It's starting to happen almost as much as my awkward staring problem.

After that thought and as the pain in your head starts to subside, you start to say,

"Sorry about th-"

"AHHH!"

When the pony in front of you screams in terror. You jump back startled and ask,

"What's wron- oh... Hi Caramel..."

You stare down awkwardly at Caramel, the pony you most likely traumatized when you tackled him out a second story window when you were a guard-in-training. You reach your hoof out to him, which causes him to flinch in fear. You sigh and think,

Oh great, it's the Hooded Offender all over again. At least noling is trying to kill me this ti-

"HEY SCARFY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO MY STALLION!"

Me and my loud thoughts...

You look behind Caramel (who's still on the ground but not shaking as much) to see a mare pegasus with a pale, light grayish arctic blue coat and pale, light grayish gold mane and tail fly over to Caramel's side and helps him up while glaring at you. You chuckle nervously and say,

"Hehehe, sorry about that. Like I was say-"

*SLAP*

Before you can finish, the mare slaps you across the face and begins to rant,

"How dare you treat my poor Caramel wamel like that. You gave him nightmares for days! He hasn't been able to watch Coltmmando, Lethal Armament or Roboguard, some of his favorite movies mind you, because of your stupid use of the quotes. When ever he goes out, he's terrified that he'll be tackled to the ground. I have half the mind to nag nag nag! Naggy nag nag nag! Nag! Nag nag nag!"

You stopped listing halfway though this mares nagging and had to force yourself to not shove your hooves into your ears and though your brain. You start to think in a annoyed tone,

Dear Luna, this mare nags more then that one mare my Grandbuggy used to date. What was her name... Sassa, no... was it Naggy... No that's not it... Maybe it was Nagger mic naggs alot.... Nah that's not it either. But seriously what was her na-FOR THE LOVE OF LUNA SHES STILL TALKING! How much air does her lungs have? Seriously, I don't think she's taken a single breath this whole time! She's as bad as Pinkie! That's it, time for the age old trick that has got me though thick and thin...

With that thought in mind, you suck up some air, point behind the mare, and shout,

"LOOK A DISTRACTION!"

When she and Caramel look away, you turn around and make a break for it. When they turn back around, Caramel remembers something and says to the mare,

"Oh honey, I need to go back to my house. I forgot the cloud-gazing mat again."

A FEW MOMENTS LATER

You finally stop running away to catch your breath. You look behind you to see if she followed you, but luckily she didn't. You smirk and say between deep breaths,

"Hah... Still.... works... hah... hah!"

You're about to walk away, when a thought suddenly hits you,

Now that you think about, you've never read the Doctor's Note so take a look at it to see what the Doctor said about your "condition"
This pony here suffers from Dyschromatophthalm Dermatoastheniapathy or "Discolored-eyed Skin Weakness Disorder" or D.E.S.W.D.
It is a hereditary abnormality that causes an malformation in ocular development affecting the Vitreous humor thus causing the eyes to turn pure blue and said abnormality also weakens the skin tissues on the limbs, back, and lower half of the face so they're especially sensitive to the environment. Adrenaline also further discolors the Vitreous humor and causes the eyes to temporarily turn a glowing orange color.
In basic Equestrian, DESWD is a disorder which causes the pony to have pure blue eyes which turn glowing orange in times or extreme stress or danger and the back, limbs, and lower half of face must be covered to prevent the skin and muscles in those areas from painfully peeling off.
Because the disease is hereditary, it is NOT contagious. There are times where he can look like a normal pony, but these times are rare. Other than the above differences, this pony is no different in ability to any average normal pony and thus should be treated as a normal average pony.
-Doctor John Smith
P.S.
It also causes bad breath

Waitaminute, I know I've been using the whole 'medical condition' excuse to hide my changeling-ness, but I never actually read the 'Doctor's Note' myself. I wonder what that time lord wrote down?

You take out the Doctor's Note and start to read it,

This pony here suffers from Dyschromatophthalm Dermatoastheniapathy or "Discolored-eyed Skin Weakness Disorder" or D.E.S.W.D.

It is a hereditary abnormality that causes an malformation in ocular development affecting the Vitreous humor thus causing the eyes to turn pure blue and said abnormality also weakens the skin tissues on the limbs, back, and lower half of the face so they're especially sensitive to the environment. Adrenaline also further discolors the Vitreous humor and causes the eyes to temporarily turn a glowing orange color.

In basic Equestrian, DESWD is a disorder which causes the pony to have pure blue eyes which turn glowing orange in times or extreme stress or danger and the back, limbs, and lower half of face must be covered to prevent the skin and muscles in those areas from painfully peeling off from exposure.

Because the disease is hereditary, it is NOT contagious. There are times where he can look like a normal pony, but these times are rare. Other than the above differences, this pony is no different in ability to any average normal pony and thus should be treated as a normal average pony.

-Doctor John Smith

P.S.
It also causes bad breath

You blink before saying,

"What in the name of the Equestrian language does this mean? Is this even Equestrian? No wonder ponies don't ask questions after I show this to them, they're too speechless trying to understand what it says! Ah, I'll ask the Doctor what this means later. Or should that be sooner or now? He is a time traveler after all..."

What that, you shove the note back into his trench coat pocket and continue wandering around town.

The nightmare won't get out of your head, so you turn to one person/pony/bug that could possibly know what you're feeling.
About last night-
Down, boy. I don't even have a body of my own.
What? No! My dream last night, what was it about? That... thing said the Nightmare was coming again.
Those words again? Curious. Unfortunately, I saw nothing last night. The dream realm operates on its own rules, and ponies have more hooves than there are beings in the world that truly understand it.
But you're in my head. And aren't you Nightmare-
In case you haven't noticed, I am not exactly in my former state. If you want to know more about this dream, ask the treachorous s!*@ in charge of my night.

As you walk around aimlessly, you can't help but keep thinking about nightmare so eventually you turn to the one... thing that might have some answers,

So... About last night-

Down, colt. I don't even have a body of my own.

What? No! you think with a blush, My dream last night, what was it about? That... thing said the Nightmare was coming again.

Those words again? Curious. Unfortunately, I saw nothing last night. The dream realm operates on its own rules, and a cyclops would have more eyes than there are beings in the world that truly understand it.

But you're in my head. Shouldn't you be able to see my dreams?

In case you haven't noticed, I don't have full control. If you want to know more about this dream, ask the treacherous weakling in charge of the night that should be rightfully mi-.

You ignore the DFV after she starts to ramble. Deciding that you won't be able to get anything useful out of the DFV, you continue wandering around town now thinking about the possible nitpicks and plot holes in movies and serials you like.

After wandering around town, realize you're hungry so you go into a Trottingham-style Pub and eat a lunch there of Cottage Pie (made with grounded legumes instead of meat like in the real world) and Butterbeer (after being repeatedly told that it is NOT alcoholic, it may be your new favorite beverage).
26 Bits remaining

*growl*

You were in the middle of making your brain hurt thinking of all the plot holes in a typical Shymalamadingdong "film" (Seriously? The bucking TREES were dead the whole time?), when your stomach growls,

"Whoa, how long have I been wandering around like a lonely zombie for?"

You look at the Ponyville clocktower and see that it's past noon. You look down and spot a "Flankagan's Pub" with a sidewalk-board advertising a "4 Bit Cottage Pie special".

I have no idea what a "cottage pie" is, but a good deal's a good deal.

And with that you trot into the pub for lunch.

ONE LUNCH LATER

You had a meal of this "Cottage Pie" (which was ground roasted legumes mixed with vegetables topped with a mashed potato crust mixed with cheese) along with a glass of "Butterbeer" (which you were repeatedly assured wasn't alcoholic and after experiencing it's creamy butterscotch-esque taste, you're now internally debating whether this or Sweet Apple Acres Cider is your favorite beverage) and you liked the place's Trottingham-style decor (including a framed autograph by C.E. Moffat, the mare who created the Doctor Whooves serials). You paid for your meal, left a tip, then walked out.

25 Bits remaining

Well that was a satisfying lunch. Now where should I actually go...

Well you are still a little shaken up from that dream, but still, this whole "Nightmare Comes" thing is getting intense. Now the freaking Headless Monks are a part of it. Well if the Doctor isn't going to answer any time soon, the best you can do is gather your own knowledge. Maybe, just maybe you can find something at the Library.
When you get to the Library you tense up before you knock since you are entering the domain of Purple Smart, leader of the Deadly 6...but you gotta do it.
The door is answered by Spike, and when you ask for Twilight, you find she isn't there.
Spike: Ya, she's out with the girls for a pet play date/Ya she's out right now. Don't know where. The other day she was at a pet playdate with the others (Depending on which episode we're doing next)
You: And she didn't bring you?
Spike: No, I don't have a pet why would I go?
You: Oh...well...I kind of thought...
Spike: That I was her pet? (upset)
You: Well no...but...with the way she treats you sometimes...
Spike: She does do things sometimes that are upsetting yes, but then again so do I.
You: But...
Spike: Look, I'll tell you what I told the others... She's my best friend and like a sister to me, ever since the day she hatched me. I just work for her now OK?
You: So she's like your mother/sister/owner/boss figure...thing?
Spike: It's...complicated
You: I bet...look, sorry if I upset you man.
Spike: No no, it's fine, Ponies make that mistake all the time, even if I wish they wouldn't...(sigh), so anyway, what did you want?
You: Well, I was looking for some information, but since your...Twilight isn't here then
Spike: I can still help, I live here too you know?
You ask him if he's ever heard of anything concerning "The Nightmare Comes" but all he thinks it means is that Nightmare Night is coming. Also, he points you to Psychology of Dreams and Old Pony Legends when you talk about your Nightmare and the Headless Horse.
The book diagnoses you with having a subconcious Master/Slave dominance fetish, and possible Oedipal complex as well. You don't like the sound of that.
Also, Old Pony Legends you skim through
You: Let's see...The Rusty Horseshoe?...Nah, The Mare in the Moon? Classic but not needed...though now that I think about it, where the heck has that formation on the moon gone?
DFV: You would know if you weren't such an oblivious oaf
You: Meh, it's not important, ah here we are, The headless horse...apparently I need to make it across a bridge to a church if it attacks me with a pumpkin...good to know.
While there, you also find something awesome
You: Huh? What's this? Element Bending for Dummies Book 4: Air
Apparently it's all about being able to manipulate air to do your bidding in all kinds of ways.
You: Oh sweet! Definitely checking you out.
You pick up Book 2: Earth
You: And you too...hey
Book 1 and 3 appear to be missing
You: Yo Spike! Where's Water and Fire at?
He looks up the registry
Spike: Apparently the spa twins checked them out, something about revolutionizing hot water therapy
OK, probably not gonna get those books for awhile then, you don't think you'll leave that spa without getting jumped by those two. Although, Twins...Neighponese twins...NO BAD BUG!
Even though being able to manipulate glorious burning fire with your hooves sounds amazing. Being able to watch it's majestic flames burn away any buildings or ponies in your way as you laugh at the hilarity and...OK Seriously, You've got to keep your arsonist tendencies down
But still, Two for four ain't bad.
You get a library card from Spike so you can check out your books, and the Dream one too because why not?
Inventory: Items added
Element Bending for Dummies Books 2 and 4: Earth and Air
Psychology of Dreams
Library Card

You briefly wander some more before coming across the library.

Great, the lair of the bookwormish underling of Solar Flank...

You gulp nervously and think,

I should just avoid this place like an Adam Saddler movie, but this place could have the answers I need...

Gathering as much courage as you can (you almost wish that Butterbeer were actual beer... Almost.) you walk up to the library and knock on the door. Spike opens the door and you ask,

"Is the bookwor- I mean Miss Sparkle present?"

"Twilight's not here?" Spike replies,

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's out with the girls for a pet play date."

"And she didn't bring you?" you ask,

"No, I don't have a pet. Why would I go?"

"Oh... well... I kind of thought..." you stammer nervously,

"That I was her pet?" he says upset,

"Well no... but... with the way she treats you sometimes..." you cautiously say before being interrupted by Spike,

"She does do things sometimes that are upsetting yes, but then again so do I."

"But..."

"Look, I'll tell you what I told the others... She's my best friend and like a sister to me, ever since the day she hatched me. I just work for her now, OK?"

"So she's like your mother/sister/owner/boss figure... thingy?"

"It's... complicated."

"I bet... look, sorry if I upset you man." you say apologetically,

"No no, it's fine, Ponies make that mistake all the time, even if I wish they wouldn't..." He sighs before continuing, "So anyway, what did you want?"

"Well, I was looking for some information, but since your... Twilight isn't here then-"

"I can still help, I live here too you know?"

"Okay... Um... You ever heard of something about a 'THE NIGHTMARE COMES' or anything about dreams of headless hooded ponies?"

"Hmm... That could be just something related to Nightmare Night, but just in case..."

Spike walks inside the library and you follow him in as he climbs a ladder and retrieves two books. He comes down to you and hands you, "Psychology of Dreams" and "Old Pony Legends". You thank him, place the books on the table, and start skimming through the "Psychology of Dreams" book while Spike continues shelving books and dusting. You end up self-diagnosing yourself as "having a subconscious Master/Slave dominance fetish, and possible Oedipal complex as well"

I have absolutely NO idea what those terms mean, but it's probably not good...

You then start on the "Old Pony Legends" book,

"Let's see... The Rusty Horseshoe? Nah. The Mare in the Moon? Classic, but not needed... Though now that I think about it, where the hay has that formation on the moon gone?"

You would know if you weren't such an oblivious oaf

"Meh, it's not important, ah here we are, The headless horse... Apparently I need to make it across a bridge to a church if it attacks me with a pumpkin... Good to know."

You then spot a title from the corner of your eye which immediately captures your attention.

"Huh? What's this? Element Manipulation: Vol 4. Air?"

Seeing as you're a big fan of The Last Spellbender animated serial (BUCK the movie "adaptation"), you rush over and read the description on the back. Apparently it's all about using physical movements to channel the innate magic within all creatures in order to manipulate air to do your bidding in all kinds of ways,

"Oh sweet! Definitely checking you out."

You reach next to the spot where you found the book and say,

"And you too... hey!"

Volumes 1, 2, and 3 appear to be missing,

"Yo Spike! Where's Water, Earth, and Fire at?"

Spike looks up the registry,

"Apparently Aloe checked them out, something about revolutionizing hot tub and mud therapy."

Probably not gonna get those books back for a long while, although I could go over to the spa and ask Lotus and Aloe. Although they are twins working in a spa and probably busy covering each other with a sheen of massage oi- NO! BAD BUG!

You shake your head free of inappropriate thoughts and continue,

Anyway... It would have been cool to be able to manipulate glorious fire with my hooves. Watching the majestic flames burn away buildings and ponies in a cleansing flame as I laugh in the glow- OK seriously, I need to keep my arsonist tendencies under control! Anyway, Air isn't bad. I could blow out candles, glide, and suck the air out of the fillerfooler's lungs by creating a ball of suffocation around- GAH! What is wrong with me!

Deciding to leave before you have any more psychotic thoughts, you get a library card from Spike so you can check out the book and the Dream one too, as well as the mythology one because why not?

Inventory Items added:
"Element Manipulation: Vol 4. Air"
"Psychology of Dreams"
"Old Pony Legends"
Ponyville Library Card

As you think that maybe Nightmare Moon forgot to tell something important, you decide to send a card to the only one that could know something about your dream. But you don't know how could be good to write the card, but you heared before about the friendship cards the leader of the Evil Five send to Sunbutt so you decide to do the same.
Dear Princess Luna
Last Night I have a strange dream about a strange headless figure kidnapping me and saying "The nightmare is coming"
As you are the Alicorn that know and control the dreams, I ask you if you could know something
Signed:
Baker Sylvester Tennant
P.S: Send your answer to Sweet Apple Acres if possible
You read the card, as you are still not sure and send it.
"You know that if she come here and detect me, she will know you are the hooded offender... right?"
"What?"
"I was she... She was me... I doubt she could not detect me... not to say if she see our daughter
Just as you think about broke the card, a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane crash with you and a little air send the card far away
"Well... At least the card is not anymore here"
You think... but the breeze become a airflow and after a long travel the card enter in the window of Luna bedroom

Trip on your scarf.

You thank and say goodbye to Spike before leaving the library. Your mind comes back to that Nightmare and seeing as how DFV isn't gonna be any help, you decide to send a card to the only one that could know something about your dream...

If the bookworm leader of the Deadly Five sends these "friendship cards" to Solar Flank, maybe I can do the same...

With that, you pick up a conveniently placed postcard (with a picture of a pumpkin about to elbow-drop a corn) on the ground and begin to write on it as you continue walking,

Dear Princess Luna,

Last Night, I had a strange dream about a strange headless figure kidnapping me, tying me up, and saying "The nightmare is coming"

Seeing as you are the Alicorn that knows and controls the dreams, I ask you if you could know something.

Signed,
Baker Sylvester Tennant

P.S: Send your answer to Sweet Apple Acres if possible

You read over the postcard as you're not sure how or even if you should send it when,

You are aware that if she comes here and detect me, she will know you are the hooded offender... right?

What?

And if that happens, even I fear what she will do to our daughter...

You're about to respond when you trip on your scarf and fall face-first into the ground, causing the postcard to fly off into the wind.

Well... The postcard's not here anymore so I guess that's that. You think in a uncaring tone as you watch the postcard fly away.

AN HOUR LATER IN CANTERLOT

The postcard enters the window to the chambers of Princess Luna as the lunar monarch was "staying up late" playing Smash Sis's on the Nintendo 64. The postcard lands in front of her causing her to take notice,

"Oh, what tis this be? A letter from one of thou's loyal subjects?"

Luna pauses the game and reads the letter.

"Hmmmm, it seems as if mine Nightmare Night shall have double the missions then what thou first thought..."

BACK TO THE PRESENT IN PONYVILLE

You find a vacant bench under the shade of a tree and sit down on it to rest. As you rest you think,

"I wonder what the CMC and Nightshade are up to"

POV change: Nightshade

"Raargh, I'm soooo bored!"

Sweetie Belle says in an obviously bored tone, The rest of the CMC and Nightshade nod their heads in agreement. Nightshade begins to think of something to do, when a light bulb appears above her head and she shouts out,

"I got it!"

The CMC look at her in surprise and Applebloom asks,

"What ya got, Nightshade?"

Nightshade smiles and says,

"We can try and get our cutie marks in pranking!"

Scootaloo jumps up and nods her head in excitement, while Applebloom and Sweetie nod their heads in agreement. Then, they all shout at once,

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PRANKSTERS!!! YAY!!!"

But Sweetie gets a confused look and asks,

"But who do we prank?"

Nightshade gets a evil smirk and says,

"Oh, I know a few good marks..."

Outro:

What should Nightshade do?

Author's Note:

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Next chapter is another Nightshade point of view chap, so have fun pranking the pony (or ponies) of your choosing

Yesterday's question answer is...

Assassins creed! All the way!

Congrats to Dream Seeker for suggesting this. I have to agree with him. With Assassins Creed: Unity coming our way, and Black Flag still being a great example of better gameplay and graphics, I have to say that Assassins Creed is the best...so far.

Today's question is...

What is Bugzes (your) favorite food?

We already know his favorite desert is Apple Crisp a la mode, but what's his favorite food? BYE!

PreviousChapters Next