• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 36: Let's Go Scare Them Foals! (Nightmare Night Finale)

Tell Luna and Twilight your plan.
Luna: Are thou...you sure that dressing up as...HER is the wisest choice?
You: Of course, think about it, everyone's been calling you that all night, you'd be giving them a bit of their own medicine.
Twilight: I like his idea, it seems poetic
You: Ya, all you need is some sharp teeth, dragon eyes, and perfect shapely fla...
Nimmy: GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!! (blushing)
You: I-I mean...perfectly scary face...heh heh...yeah
Luckily Twilight and Luna don't hear your Freudian slip
Nimmy: Pervert
You: What, you are quite literally on my mind right now, cut me some slack
You then turn to Night Shade
You: Honey, your job is the most important
You whisper in her ear and she nods in understanding
You: Alright, let's bring Nightmare Night Back with style
When the kids come to dump their candy at the statue, most of them are really really sad. The little Pirate guy especially looks down in the dumps. Night Shade then says
Night Shade: But I don't want to give away my candy
That's Luna's cue...
Luna: THOUGH DOES NOT WISH TO SATISFY MY HUNGER?!
You lift Night Shade up with your Telekenisis from behind the statue as she starts screaming, scaring all the foals.
Luna: PERHAPS WE SHALL FEAST UPON YOU!!!
Night Shade: NO! TAKE MY CANDY! TAKE IT ALL!
(throws candy at the ground and you drop her in the middle of the foals.
Luna: This is satisfactory! Your sacrifice has appeased me! Go then children, and know this. I will be back next year, and the year after that! NIGHTMARE NIGHT WILL GO ON FOREVER!!!
She then appears in front of the kids as you use Incinerate to make massive columns of fire appear on either side of her. Although her magic lightning does strike you on accident, as the kids run away, causing the flames to spread higher into the sky.
As you lay on the ground in your pre-zapped state, you see that little Pirate guy hugging Luna and telling her she's his favorite princess.
You walk up as he runs off with the rest and say
You: Personally, I like Cadance the best
Luna wrinkles her nose at that.
Luna: My sister's ascended niece she adopted in my absence? Understandable I guess, we have gotten to know her since my return, and she is good company
You: How the heck do you adopt someone as a niece?
Luna: I do not know, but she did.
Night Shade runs up
N: Did I do good daddy? Did I?
You: Of course you did honey, now let's get back to town.

How about having Bugze borrow some of Zecora's masks, and make it seem like they've come to life. One mask in a deep voice could proclaim to the citizens of Ponyville that while Mistress Moon eats you're flesh we shall consume you're souls. Than it does a deep scary laugh.

With a smirk, you approach the mares and say,

"Ladies, I have a cunning plan..."

ONE EXPLANATION LATER

"Are thou... you sure that dressing up as... HER is the wisest choice?" Luna asks in concern.

"Of course, think about it, everyone's been calling you that all night, you'd be giving them a bit of their own medicine." you say to reassure them.

"I like his idea, it seems poetic." Twilight nods.

"Ya, all you need is some sharp teeth, dragon eyes, and perfect shapely fla-"

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!!

"I-I mean...perfectly scary face... heh heh... yeah." you chuckle nervously, but luckily Twilight and Luna don't hear your Freudian slip.

Pervert...

What, you're literally on my mind right now, cut me some slack.

You then turn to Nightshade and say,

"Honey, your job is the most important."

You lean down and whisper in her ear and she nods in understanding so you get back up and say,

"Alright, let's bring Nightmare Night Back with style. But first I need to quickly see a certain striped shaman..."

Later, the foals (Nightshade among them) led by Zecora come to dump their candy at the statue, most of them are really really sad. The little Pirate guy especially looks down in the dumps. Nightshade then whines,

"But... I... don't... want... togiveawaymycandy."

The other foals start to look at her strangely, but suddenly a loud regal voice booms,

"THOU DOES NOT WISH TO SATISFY MY HUNGER?!"

From your hiding place, you lift Nightshade up with your Telekenisis from behind the statue as she starts screaming, scaring all the foals.

"PERHAPS WE SHALL FEAST UPON YOU!!!"

From her hiding place, Twilight levitates several of Zecora's masks and makes them float in a circle around Nightshade.

"NO! TAKE... MY... CANDY! TAKEITALL!" Nightshade screams in "terror" as she throws candy at the ground and you drop her in the middle of the foals.

"This is satisfactory! Your sacrifice has appeased me! Go then children, and know this. I will be back next year, and the year after that! NIGHTMARE NIGHT WILL GO ON FOREVER!!!" Luna declares in the Royal Canterlot Voice as the masks begin to swirl in a circle faster and faster until thy explode in a midnight mist. The foals continue to shake in shock, but then a figure appears and dissipates the mist...

And that figure is Nightmare Moon (actually Luna)! On cue, you use "Incinerate!" to make massive columns of fire appear on either side of her as she uses her magic lightning to create intimidating flashing as the kids run away, causing the flames to spread higher into the sky.

*ZAP*

Unfortunately, one of the magic lightning bolts strikes your metal suit, knocking you down in a gibbering heap. As you finally get back up, you see that little Pirate colt hugging Luna and telling her she's his favorite princess.

You walk up to Luna as the colt runs off with the rest and comment,

"Personally, I like Cadance the best."

Luna wrinkles her nose and replies,

"My sister's ascended niece she adopted in my absence? Understandable I guess. We have gotten to know her since my return and she is good company. And she has a great taste in stallions..."

You swear you see a blush on her face as she says that last part, but you ignore it and ask,

"How the heck do you adopt somepony as a niece?"

"I do not know, but she did." she shrugs.

Suddenly thinking of something, you ask,

Ask Princess Luna for her opinion on "The Horde" and if she knows any Bending.
Let DWC answer the first part, but for the bending, Luna replies that while alicorns are capable of manipulating all four elements, they find it more convenient to just cast spells from their horns rather than perform all the body movements needed for Element Manipulation.

"So Princess Luna... what are your thoughts on this whole Horde thing the papers seem to be yammering about?"

Luna looks surprised at the question, but still answers,

"We-I mean I find them to be a nuisance, yet I understand why they believe in the Hooded Offender."

You cock your head in confusion and ask,

"What do you mean?"

Luna sighs and replies,

"What we-I mean I admire about them is their ability for finding the good in a being who is bent on causing mayhem throughout Equestria because of my mistake...

"I don't mean to cause mayhem, it just happens..." you mumble as Luna continues.

"But, with some of the more... outgoing member causing public displays of indecency, protests, riots, and even a few of them trying to recruit ponies for a rebellion in the Offender's name..."

Your eyes widen in terror at that thought and you think,

Oh Buck, that does NOT sound good...

"I won't burden you with how much paperwork I have to deal with as a result of that group, but I just hope the Offender, if he is willing to forgive me, will help stop his more outgoing members before something truly disastrous happens."

You nod your head at this and can't help but think,

Note to self: Find the horde clubhouse and have them send out a memo to cool it, STAT!

You're about to leave the Lunar princess alone, when another question pops into your mind,

"Hey, Princess? What do you know about bending? You know, so I can help Nightshade out."

Luna nods in understanding and says,

"While element manipulation is highly difficult art to attain proficiency in to the point where a pony can study water manipulation for decades and still only be able to move a puddle, alicorns such as myself, my sister, and Princess Cadance are capable of manipulating all four elements. However, we find it more convenient to just cast spells from our horns rather than perform all the body movements needed for Element Manipulation."

You nod your head at this information as you think,

So, Nightshade can just cast the element huh? Heh, looks like it'll be easier to train her then I thought... I think at least.

Before the conversation continues any further, Nightshade runs up to you.

"Did I do good daddy? Did I? Did I!?" she asks while hopping excitedly in her mummy costume. You smile and reply,

"Of course you did honey, now let's get back to town."

With that said, you and Nightshade begin to head back to town with Twilight and Luna...

SOMETIME LATER

As the group approach Ponyville, you can't help but notice Nightshade smiling while carrying a bad of candy almost as big as she is. You sigh and think,

This is gonna suck...*sigh* might as well get it over with...

With that, you turn over to Nightshade and say,

Remind Nightshade that she is definitely still grounded and make sure she turns in all candy she acquired to charity.

"Honey, I'm glad that your happy and all, but I need to remind you that your still grounded. So you better make sure all the candy you got (or what's left of it after you gave some to Luna) is given to charity. Okay?"

Nightshade freezes and sighs in sadness as she says,

"Yes Daddy. I'll give it all to charity... Race ya back to town!"

And with that sudden change in personalty, Nightshade darts way ahead of you towards town. You chuckle at her antics and are about to go after her, when suddenly...

As Bugze walk's home after the Celebration. Dash decides to scare him with her storm cloud before he leaves. But accidentally get's Bugze electrocuted again because of his suit. Cue Dash saying sorry a bunch of times. Also when Dash find's out it's Tennant in the suit have her try to take advantage of the situation by offering to nurse him back to health. Cue a jealous Applejack who overheard the offer, and say's Dash doesn't have to go through the trouble. Tennant is her employee she'll take of him. Applejack blush's while saying that. Cue the start of a fight between Applejack and Dash about who will take care him. While Bugze take's advantage of their distraction to sneak away.

*ZAP*

You actually start to float in midair as the lighting courses though your veins. And you make unrecognizable sounds as well...

"DWCIQWOVLYSMELLZXYOVFHLIKEQWTIRTANDVXWANTPNGAQWYVPEANUTFCXYBUTTERYPXBANANASETRRTDBBACONQWDHFSANDWICHDSDW!"

Finally, the lighting ends as you fall back onto the ground. Your whole costume is charred and smoke is rises off of you. You're about to fall over in shock (pun intended), when a rainbow blur suddenly lands in front of you,

Oh great, the Fillyfooler. You think bitterly as you start to sway side to side due to all the electricity going though you. You're about to say something, when Rainbow starts talking a mile an hour.

"IamsosorryaboutthatIhadnoideathatyourcostunewasmadeofmetalIshouldhaveknow.Ohthisisallmyfalutpleaseforgivememisteranddon'tpresschrages!"

It takes you awhile to figure out what she said, but when you do you can't help but think,

I may not exactly like her, but this was an accident due to how upset she looks. I guess I can forgive her just this once, but if we ever fight again I'm SO Electo-Bolting her.

With that thought in mind you say,

"Don't worry about Fillyfo-I mean Rainbow. Accidents happen. You couldn't have know that this costume was made of actual metal. Plus, you can consider this payback for the whole 'whacking your cider mug out of your hoof' thing."

Rainbow looks at you confused for a second, but then she gains a look of realization and a blush as she says,

"Wait of minute... No way. B.S.T... is that you?"

Not noticing the blush, you chuckle at her bewildered expression as you say,

"Yep. Well, I guess I'm extra fried B.S.T now... Wait, that only works if my initials were B.L.T..."

As you backtrack over overthinking your attempted joke, you notice to your surprise, Rainbow laughing at your joke!

What the?! Noling laughs at my jokes, even the funny ones! What's the fillyfoolers game?

As you start to look at Rainbow with suspicion, she suddenly says,

"You know what, now that I think about it. I should probably nurse ya back to health. You know, till you get less fryed."

She scratched her hoof on the ground in awkwardness, and you start to freak out as you think,

HUH!?!? What... what she up to?! I... should I say yes... or should... I... ugh my brain hurts!

You can literally feel the gears in your head moving as slow and painfully as possible at this situation. You're about to use the "Look a Distraction" escape plan, when things get worse,

"WOAH NELLY!"

The next thing you know, Applejack is right next to you in her scarecrow costume with steam coming out of her ears. You 'meep' in terror a little and start to back away in fright when Applejack says,

"Sorry Rainbow, but if anypony is gonna take care of Mister Tennant it's gonna be me. He's mah employee and I'm responsible for him and his health. Besides, don't ya need to practice for the Wonderblots or something. I'd hate to keep you busy from your dream by having to take care of poor Mister Tennant over here. Ah mean he just needs some good old love and care..."

Applejack is blushing by that end of her rant, and you have backed even farther away from the two mares. Suddenly, the two mares start to argue about who should take care of you...

"I'M THE ONE WHO SHOCKED HIM! I SHOULD TAKE CARE OF HIM!"

"A'M HIS BOSS, IT'S MAH JOB TO WATCH OVER HIM!"

"HE'S MY FRIEND, YOU'RE JUST HIS BOSS, I SHOULD TAKE CARE OF HIM!"

"I'VE KNOW HIM LONGER THEN YOU HAVE! I'LL TAKE CARE OF HIM!"

As the argument continues, you can't help but think with a deadpan tone,

I really hope Applejack loses her crush on me after she finds out we're cousins... if I ever find the courage to tell her... and if we're even cousins in the first place. And if she still does have a crush on me, then I'm definitely moving back to Appeloosa. Although she is a good cook and I wouldn't mind her well-toned legs riding m- NO! BAD BUG!

You then realize that, while the mares are distracted with their argument, it would be a good idea to... GET THE BUCK OUTTA HERE! You decide to heed this advice and you slowly back away from the two mares, and when you are far enough away, you make a break for it!

BACK IN TOWN

You slowly come to a stop as you begin to breath in and out form exhaustion, When you finally regain your breath, you see...

As the night progresses, you see Luna hanging around town, having fun, and even pranking. Nimmy (maybe you'll come up with a new name for her later) scoffs at this.
Nimmy: Look at that fool...running around being...foolish. It hurt so much having to speak with her again...
You: You need to lighten up you know that?
Nimmy: How can you be so quick to forgive her? Even if you weren't found out, she still wants you dead. It
You: Ya, but so does most of the world...and besides, I think Night Shade may have softened her.
Nimmy: My own daughter, friends with that backstabbing...
You: You keep saying she backstabbed you, but how if you two were the same person?
Nimmy: ...Imagine you had a friend...your only friend for over a thousand years. Now imagine that friend abandoned you and left you to die after you were separated by force...
You start to get a pretty good idea where she's going
Nimmy: she didn't even try to save me...she just left what was left of me within that armor. A Millenium of friendship meant nothing to her, our goals meant nothing because she wanted to "Be Accepted"...I'll always hate her for that, more so than you hate that pathetic magician.
You think about how much you hate Trixie and now you completely understand
You: Betrayal hurts...
Nimmy: Yes it does...please...don't ever abandon me as she did...
You don't really know how to answer that so you just say
You: Okay...
You both are silent for a moment
You: ...So, now that I know who you are, care to answer a few more questions?
Nimmy: such as?
You: Oh I don't know, how you got in my head, how you mothered Night Shade, and what exactly you want of me, you know the basics?
Nimmy: ...I will answer your questions...but not tonight. Today has been a long tiresome day...
You: OK, I can wait...

Luna hanging around town, having fun, and even pranking ponies. Nimmy (maybe you'll come up with a new name for her later) scoffs at this,

Look at that foolish fool, foolishly running around and foolishly acting so foolish. It hurt so much having to speak with that foolishly foolish fool...

You need to lighten up you know that?

How can you be so quick to forgive her? Even if you weren't found out, she still wants you dead. It-

Ya, but so does most of Equestria... and besides, I think Nightshade may have softened her.

My own daughter, friends with that backstabbing...

You keep saying she backstabbed you, but how if you two were the same pony?

Imagine you had a friend... your only friend for over a thousand years. Now imagine that friend abandoned you and left you to die after you were separated by force...

You start to get a pretty good idea where she's going,

She didn't even try to save or even retrieve me... Me, who came to her bitter, jealous, and miserable form to offer her a way to get rid of that accursed false goddess. She left me to rot within that prison... A Millennium of friendship meant nothing to her, our goals meant nothing because she wanted to "Be Accepted"... I'll always hate her for that. Even more than you hate that pathetic magician...

You think about how much you hate Trixie and now you completely understand,

Betrayal hurts... you think with a sigh.

Yes it does... please... don't ever abandon me as she did...

You don't really know how to answer that so you just say,

Okay...

You're both silent for a moment,

So... now that I know who you are, care to answer a few more questions?

Such as?

Oh I don't know, how you got in my head, how you mothered Nightshade, and what exactly you want from me? You know the basics.

I will answer your questions... but not tonight. Today has been a long tiresome day...

OK, I can wait...

The party is starting to wind down after Luna's big scare, and the Evil Clown Witch takes the podium again. She announces that Luna has broken the scare record by one pony. You, by making you freak out earlier.
The crowd erupts with applause, and you are left dumbfounded. Until a thought occurs...
*GONG*
"GAH!" Ponies look back at you, but you wave them off.
You said you'd never do that again!
After what you were thinking about my flanks, I now reserve the right to veto your ideas!
What? I didn't have any-
I'm in your head, fool. You were thinking that you weren't a pony.
But I'm not. And if the record is about scaring ponies, then my scare shouldn't count! We should be tied!
And you're going to reveal yourself as a changeling over that?!
Well...
*GONG*
Stop it!
No! You finally had a mare kiss your pseudo-cheek, I agreed that I will no longer try to kill, we shared a moment because of that, you now know my true name, the one that wanted our daughter dead more than any other just hugged her and admitted she made a mistake, you gained a suit of armor that has more weapons than the entire Royal Guard, and our daughter just tried to murder us because she can feel the same loss of control as you. That's enough for one day.
You got a point there.
I know, right? You'd think all that could have been a month's worth of episodes.
Huh?
Nothing. Just thinking out loud. It's about all I can do, being inside your head and all.
Well at least Nightmare Night is over. We know Luna doesn't hate Nightshade anymore, and that crazy nightmare of mine was just a trick my brain pulled on itself to overcome a traumatic event. All in all, things are looking up!

The festival is starting to wind down after Luna's big apple bobbing scare and the Evil Clown Witch takes the podium again,

"Attention everypony, Princess Luna has broken the scare record by one pony; Mr. Tennant (which you all probably still remember for that lynching prank we pulled on him even though he didn't deserve it... Re-vote for me)!"

The crowd erupts with applause and you are left dumbfounded until a thought occurs...

*GONG*

"GAH!" you yelp as you jump up, startled, causing ponies around you to look back at you strangely, but you wave them off,

"Heheheh, sorry about that folks just... ran into something! Yeah, that's what happened..."

The ponies shrug and turn back to what they were doing as you think,

I thought you said you'd never do that again!

After what you were thinking about my perfect flanks earlier, I now reserve the right to veto your ideas!

What? I didn't have any- you think defensively before Nimmy interrupts,

I'm in your head, fool. It's also how I know you were thinking that the record shouldn't count because you're not a pony.

But I'm not! And if the record is about scaring ponies, then my scare shouldn't count! We should be tied!

And you're going to reveal yourself as a changeling over that?! Nimmy asks in a questioning/annoyed tone.

Well...

*GONG*

"Stop that!" you say out loud causing several ponies to look at you startled before you wave them off again.

No! You finally had a strumpet kiss your pseudo-cheek, I agreed that I will no longer try to kill, we shared a moment because of that, you now know my true name, the one that wanted our daughter dead more than any other just hugged her and admitted she made a mistake, you gained a powerful suit of armor, and our daughter just tried to murder us because she can feel the same loss of control as you. That's enough for one day.

You got a point there... you think begrudgingly.

I know, right? You'd think all that could have been a month's worth of episodes.

Huh? you think in confusion.

Nothing. Just a side effect in living in a spaciously empty mind filled with movies, serials, and video games...

Well at least Nightmare Night is over. We know Luna doesn't hate Nightshade anymore and that crazy nightmare of mine was just a trick my brain pulled on itself to overcome a traumatic event. All in all, things are looking up! Anyway, I don't see why you're reacting like this over my flattering opinions of your body. You didn't have any problems about my... improper thoughts about other mares. Besides, didn't we have sorta a moment a few moments ago? But I"ll stop if you tell me one thing that I don't know about you-

...Shut up.

As the festival ends and everypony starts heading home, you pick up a sleeping Nightshade (she fell asleep munching on some orange-cream sandwich cookies, it was adorable) and you start to head home, when...

You then are tapped on you shoulder and you turn around and see Derpy dressed in Paper Bags
You: Oh Hi Derpy
D: Hiya Bug...I mean Baker.
You: What are you dressed as?
D: Isn't it obvious?
You shake your head
D: I'm a sandwich
You: Ooooohhhhh...I see it now (you really don't) so where's the Doctor
D: Oh he said he had to take care of something with Shakespony and Witches, but I wanted to spend tonight with Dinky.
You: Oh, OK then, I really need to tell him something...
D: Oh before I forget, he wanted me to say something to you in, and I quote, a "very cryptic matter that will keep him guessing"
You: Huh?
D: He told me to tell you, "Don't hurt the Vigilante or the Dragon, they aren't what they appear to be."
You: What the hay does that mean?
D: He then told me to stop talking to you and say Spoilers. Night! (she hugs you and walks off)
You: Grrr...Curse you Doctor and your crypticness!

'

You feel somepony tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Derpy dressed in Paper Bags,

"Oh, Hi Derpy" you say.

"Hiya Bug- I mean, Mister Baker." she replies.

"So... What are you dressed as?" you ask in puzzlement.

"Isn't it obvious?" she asks while holding her arms out.

You shake your head in response.

"I'm a sandwich!" she says cheerfully.

"Ooooohhhhh...I see it now... kinda. Anyway, where's the Doctor?"

"Oh he said he had to take care of something with Shakespony and Witches, but I wanted to spend tonight with Dinky."

"Dinky?" you ask in confusion.

"My daughter. She's dressed as a firepony. You know, I've heard alot about your daughter."

You beam with fatherly pride and say,

"Oh, you have..."

"Yeah! I heard she was the youngest potty mouth in town..."

"Oh..." you say deflating, "You heard about that?"

"Yep." she says with a smile before she suddenly glares at you "You better fix her habit Bugze, cause if I ever hear that sweet innocent filly swear... well let's just say that there will be blood."

You gulp nervously and say,

"You're alot scarier when your mad, you know that right?"

"Yep! A Silurian told me the same thing. Oh, and about that list of potential marefriends you sent to the Doctor-"

You start to sweat nervously before quickly changing the subject,

"Anyway! I really need to tell the Doc something-"

"Oh before I forget," Derpy interrupts, "He wanted me to say something to you in, and I quote, 'a very cryptic matter that will keep him guessing', unquote,"

"Huh?"

"He told me to tell you, 'Don't hurt the Vigilante, it isn't what they appear to be' or something like that."

"What the hay does that mean?"

"He then told me to stop talking to you and say 'Spoilers'. Night!"

With that, Derpy hugs you before flying off.

"Grrr... Curse you Doctor and your cryptic-ness!" you mutter angrily before you finally head back to the shed with Nightshade on your back, still asleep.

BACK AT THE SHED

You look to see if there's a way to scratch the drill and/or plasmids for more practical use. Maybe you can see the plasmid into your Hooded Offendor cloak incase you ever need to get that thing out of the closet.

When you finally arrive and put Nightshade into her bed, you decide to see if you can salvage anything from your costume. Sadly it appears that the plasmid glove is the only thing that can detach from the costume. You sigh in defeat before you realize something.

Wait a minute! This means I can carry plasmids on my person without anyling noticing! After all, noling would think this glove has a bunch of plasmids in it. And there're still all those Vigors and other plasmids that I need to find.

With that thought in mind, you take off your costume (minus the plasmid glove) and put on your Doctor outfit (pants, coat, face mask, scarf, and hat) that's now dry ("Subject Delta costume" added to Inventory). You're about to go to bed, when you get an insane thought...

When it's all over, you're back home taking off your costume. But before you put it away, you just have to burn one more thing. You can't help yourself. Fire is pretty.
Unfortunately, you set fire to the grass. After overcoming your initial shock of Holy buck, holy buck, holy buck, the Apples will sand off my face, the fire burns out as quickly as it started. You walk over in disbelief until you see the fire burned a message into the grass.
THE NIGHTMARE COMES
You cry yourself to sleep mumbling, "It isn't fair... it isn't fair... it isn't fair..."

Fire is pretty...

With that thought in mind, you walk outside the shed and activate the "Incinerate!" plasmid,

"Would you kindly BURN BABY, BURN!!!"

And set the grass on fire. After a few moments of staring at the pretty fire, you realize what you've done and... take it pretty well.

"Oh buck, oh buck, oh buuuuuuck! The Apples will sand off my face for this!"

Fortunately the fire burns out as quickly as it started, but you get a nasty surprised. You walk over in disbelief until you see the fire burned a message into the grass.

THE NIGHTMARE COMES

"No... No. NO!" you scream as you run back into the shed, slam the door behind you, and dive into the cot in a fright. You cry yourself to sleep mumbling,

"It isn't fair... it isn't fair... it isn't fair..."

THE NEXT MORNING

When you wake up the next day, you notice the ticket for the free Father-Daughter spa day fell out of your pocket and you consider going there (seeing how you outran a crazed mob, got fired from several jobs, almost got terminated by a machine, fought a Hydra, thought you were getting lynched, took on the goddess of the moon while wearing a heavy suit of armor, and got earthbended by your own daughter... And that was just in one week!), but it's a Monday so Nightshade has school and you have work...
You don't know what to do.

You wake up the next day full of energy and ready for the day ahead (which is new since you're normally not a morning bug). You look in the Inventory and are shocked to see that she's missing! You're about to panic, when you see a note. You calm down when you recognize Nightshade's hoof writing and you read it...

Dear Daddy,

I woke up before Daddy! Isn't that awesome!

Anyway, I took a box of crackers, the last of the powered milk, 4 granola bars, a water bottle, a can of tomato cream soup, and 2 carrots along with the 3 free apples they narmally give us.

I hope I didn't take to munch, see ya after school.

Your adorable daughter,

Nightshade

2 Cans of Tomato Cream Soup
2 Boxes of Crackers
4 carrots
11 Granola bars
11 Water bottles remain

You sigh in relief and are about to leave the shed when you notice something on the floor. You lean in an see that it's the Spa Ticket for a free Father-Daughter spa day from Lotus and Aloe that you got from the party at Pinkie's. You smile and put it in your coat pocket as you think,

Yeah, I could REALLY use a relaxing day at the spa. I mean I've outran a crazed mob, got fired from several jobs, almost got terminated by a machine, fought a Hydra, thought I was getting lynched, took on the goddess of the moon while wearing a heavy suit of armor, and got earthbended by my own daughter... And that was just this week!

You smile at the thought of a relaxing day at the spa when you realize something.

Buck. It's a monday! Nightshade's got school, I have work, I've already had quite a few days off as it is, and the ticket is only good for a "Father-Daughter" day. But I REALLY want to go to the spa...

Taking all this into account, you distill it all into one statement,

"I hate Mondays."

What should you do?

Author's Note:

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

Anyway. Nightshades favorite foods are...

SUGAR, LOTS OF IT, TONS OF TONS OF TONS OF SUGAR FOR NIGHTSHADE, STRAIGHT FROM THE SPOON, INFINITE AMOUNTS OF IT!

and

nightshades favorite food? Ramen, she speaks neighpones, is a goofball, THE prankster and is brutal when mad it has to be ramen, shes basically femal pony Naruto.

Thank you to Dalek15 (and anyone else who made the sugar comment) and rainbowPOOTIS for the suggestions. I agree with the sugar, Nightshade would defiantly be one of those kids who can eat pure sugar and stay sane (if hyperactive as heck. As for the Ramen, well honestly that was more of in memory of Naruto, which is ending or has ended already. I'll miss it dearly, and I'll keep close in my heart for the years that come.

Now the special question is...

A Q/A!

That's right Hive Mind. We're doing a Q/A. Pleas feel free to ask me any question you want. Form the fic itself or me in general, I'll try to answer them with the best of my ability. I won't answer any kind of questions that revel my identity (Closet Brony, remember?) or questions that could spoil the fic in some way. Have fun and ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS!

See ya all later, BYE!

PreviousChapters Next