• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,754 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,754

PreviousChapters Next
[FIXED] Episode 5: OoooooOOooo... I"mmmmm Scaryyyy.

Theme

Twilight glares at you in frustration. "Oh great! This is just what we need right now!" her voice dripping with sarcasm. "First the Elements get stolen by Mr. Mish-mash over here," she motions to Discord, who casually waves at you all "And then you show up! Why are you even here?! You were supposed to be deader than Batmare's parents!"
Rainbow chidingly shakes her head "Too soon Twi."
"Well... I umm... ya see..." you stammer as you try to think of an answer that isn't ridiculous. Then you remember your now white cloak and an idea dings on inside your head. "I aaaaamm a Ghost noooooowwww!" You say in your best spooky voice "Aaaaallll of yooooouuu are the reason I diiiiieeeed. And nooowww I must haunt you for aaaaaalll eternity (Except on weekends and holidays)."
Twilight stares blackly at you before breaking into a smirk. "Oh please. Do you honestly think anyone would believe-"
She is then cut off by her friends screaming in terror. She turns around and you look past her to see the re-mane 5 huddled together in fear. Pinkie in particular is throwing bars of silver and cloves of garlic at your general direction, and Fluttershy (bless her fragile heart) is crying while begging for forgiveness for partially causing your noble sacrifice.

This goat lizard monster thing looks evil, try to shift the blame to him, which he will find hilarious and laugh.
You: Wooooooo....I am the ghost of the Hooded Offender...And I have come back with a warning!!!!
Pinkie: (Interrupting) You're not the Hooded Offender. His coat was black, you're white.
You: (Annoyed) Pink one, Shut Up! I'm a Freaking Ghost! Have you Ever Seen a Black Ghost Before?
AJ: Ya, that definitely sounds like him
You: Now I gotta Start Over....Wooooooo....I've come back with a warning!
Rainbow Dash: Do you really have to use that voice?
Pinkie: Ya, it's kind of annoying
(Something in your brain pops since she's the one who said it)
You: Fine! (Annoyed) I've come back to warn you about...
Pinkie: What's the Warning?!
You: Shut up for five seconds and I'll tell you!
Pinkie: Oops, Sorry.
You: I mean, it's bad enough you killed me, but now I can't get a word in edgewise!
Rainbow Dash: Ya Quiet Pinkie, I want to hear what ghost jerk has to say
You: Thanks...(Ahem) now beware of...
Pinkie: Is this it?
You: Alright that's it...you're all haunted!
Rainbow Dash: Oh great, thanks Pinkie!

You just stare at the mismashed monster in confusion as you think,

Imprisonment? Chaos-creator? Amateur? Delicious? What is this guy talking about? Why does he think chaos is delicious? How does he know about me if he was imprisoned? What's in the boxxx? Why am I asking all these questions? Find out next time on-Wait, no, stop it brain! This isn't a cliffhanger episode of some corny serial flick and this... thing, is giving me bad vibes. Something about him is just... off. And that's not just because of the fact that he could be his own personal zoo. I really hope he doesn't try to attack me...

You get snapped out of your mental rambling when you hear a now red-faced Twilight yell in annoyance and anger,

"Ahhhhh! You've got to be kidding me! This is just what we need!" Her voice drips of sarcasm as she says that. She then takes a deep breath as she says in a still annoyed tone,

"First the Elements get stolen by Mr. Mish-mash over here," she motions to the mishmash creature, who casually waves at you all as he starts to chuckle before Twilight points a angry hoof at you as she continues, "And now you show up! Why are you even here?! You're supposed to be deader than Batmare's parents!"

You, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and even the strange creature wince at her comment as Rainbow says, "Too soon Twi, too soon."

You, the mish-mash creature, and Fluttershy all nod your heads solemnly. You then realize that Twilight just asked you how you're alive, so you start to mumble nervously,

"I... well... you see... about that." *ding*

You then remember your flour-covered cloak and a idea forms in your head that should get the Deadly Five and Celestia off your back. You think of your best ghost voice as you say,

"Wooooooo... I am the ghost of Hearth's Warming Eve Pas- I mean the Hooded Offender! And I have come back with a warninggggggg."

Pinkie looks at you strangely before she says, "You're not the Hooded Offender. His coat was black, you're white."

You sigh in annoyance at Pinkie's comment as you say in annoyance,

"Pink pycho, shut up! I'm a bucking ghost! Have you ever seen a black ghost before? No... I didn't think so. Now please shut your babbling yapper so that I can give my warning!"

That might have been harsher than it needed to be, but that mare just really gets on you nerves sometimes. Pinkie looks at you strangely before she starts laughing as she says,

"Hahahah, you're right. A ghost can't be black. Unless of course that ghost jumped into a batch of chocolate. Then that ghost could be black. Oh wait, the ghost could just phase the chocolate off of them. And chocolate is brown anyway, but I mean come ON! It's chocolate, who wouldn't want to be covered in-mamma mmmamdmowm mphhhh mamms"

Thankfully Pinkie's rant is ended when Applejack sticks her hoof in Pinkie's mouth, shutting her yapper. Applejack then turns to glare at you as she says,

"Ya, that definitely sounds like that varmint. Rude, obnoxious, and creepy."

The strange creature (still in the glass, but is now eating popcorn... while pouring chocolate hot sauce on it?) chuckles as he says,

"Ohhh, I was right. You are a fellow chaos maker! I know we are just gonna be the best of buddies!"

Ignoring the strange creature's comment. You look back over to the group of ponies as you say,

"Great, now I gotta start over... *ahem* Wooooooo... I've come back with a warrrrrning! Do no-"

"Do you really have to use that voice?"

You sigh in annoyance as your warning is cut off... again. You're about to speak again when Pinkie says,

"Yeah, it's kind of annoying."

*snap*

Your eyes glow orange as you think angrily,

SHE THINKS THAT'S ANNOYING! LOOK WHO'S TALKING! I BET SHE COULDN'T GO ONE DAY WITHOUT OPENING HER YAPPER!

You start to breath in and out to clam yourself down. After your eyes go back to normal, you glare at Pinkie angrily as you say in your normal voice,

"Fine! I've come back to warn you about..." You stop mid sentence to see if anyling was going to interrupt you again. Not seeing anyling about to interject, you open your mouth to say something-

"What's the warning?!"

You glare angrily at Pinkie for the fifth time as you snap,

"Pink one, if you don't shut your yap I will... um... posses all the.... cookie jars in Equestria... to make sure that you'll never get your hooves on that crunchy sweet goodness ever again!"

Pinkie gasps in horror as she says,

"No! You wouldn't dare!"

You give her a blank stare as you say,

"Pink one... it's me... I stole forty cakes, remember? You think I'm afraid of stealing all the cookie jars?"

Pinkie just stares at you in horror and doesn't say a thing. Seeing as how she's not trying to interrupt you again, you decide to continue your rant,

"I mean, it's bad enough you all murdered me, but now I can't even get a word in edgewise!" You wince slightly at Fluttershy's guilty expression.

Great, now she's blaming herself for my death. Way to go me...

You snap out of your guilty thoughts when you hear Rainbow say,

"Yeah, quiet Pinkie, I want to hear what ghost jerk has to say."

You look at Rainbow confused as to why that fillyfooler, out of all of them, actually wants to hear what you have to say. Deciding not to take this chance for granted, you clear your throat as you mutter "Thanks", but Rainbow gives a victorious grin towards... Applejack?

What the hay is that about? Eh, whatever, must be a fillyfooler thing.

With that quick thought passed, you continue, "*ahem* Now beware of-

"Is this it?"

Your anger reaches a boiling point when Pinkie interrupts you for the sixth time! You look at Pinkie in anger as you yell.
"Okay, That's it!" Your eyes glow orange as you say in your ghost voice,

"I'm noooowwwwwww gooooinnnggg to haunt yoooouuuu allllll. Beeecccauuuussee aaaaallll of yooooouuu are the reason I diiiiieeeed. And nooowww I must haunt you for aaaaaalll eternity (Except on weekends and holidays)."

Twilight, who has been quiet for awhile now, starts to snicker as she says,

"Oh please. Do you honestly think anypony would believe-"

She is then cut off by her friends screaming in terror. She turns around as you look past her to see the other 5 huddled together in fear. Pinkie in particular is throwing bars of silver and cloves of garlic at your general direction while Fluttershy (bless her fragile heart) is crying while begging for forgiveness for partially causing your noble sacrifice.

Annnnnnd lets add Fluttershy back to the list of mares I've made cry. Can't I go one day without making a mare cry?

You're snapped out of your thoughts when you hear Twilight ask....

Twilight also points out that ghosts should be able to phase through things instead of smashing them and you respond that you're still trying to get a grip on the whole spirit thing.

"Why are you here? Why haven't you passed on?"
"Oh, uh, the Heavens denied my self-invitation because I caused so much chaos just by EXISTING. I've even tried going to Tartarus for how lonely being dead is, but they also left me out because they thought my bad luck is contagious. The nerve of them! I've spent months going up and down to get to the gates of both places, but they only turned me away without so much of a second glance! My misfortune is Lady Luck's fault! Curse her. So, I decided to spend the rest of my unlife enacting vengeance to all those who gave me so much suffering in my short life."
"H-how old were you?"
"@&."
"T-that's not even all that long!"

"Why are you here? Why haven't you passed on? And if you're really a ghost, how come you smashed through the window instead of phasing through like a ghost is supposed to?"

Not only are you taken aback by those questions, but you swear you saw a flash of concern in Twilight's eyes for a second. You shake your head and put it off as your imagination before you then answer the question with the first thing that comes to your head...

"Oh, uh, One, I'm still trying to grasp the basics of this whole 'wandering spirit' thing. Two, the Heavens denied my self-invitation because I caused so much chaos just by EXISTING."

The mismatch creature chuckles while giving you a thumbs up, and the words 'Most Chaotic friend ever' appear above his head. Shaking off that bowl of weirdness you continue,

"I've even tried going to Tartarus just for how lonely being a wandering spirit is, but they also left me out because they thought my bad luck is contagious. The nerve of them! I've spent months going up and down to the gates of both places, but they just me away without so much of a second glance! My misfortune is Lady Luck's fault! Curse her, curse her I say! So, I decided to spend the rest of my unlife enacting vengeance to all those who gave me so much suffering in my short life."

Twilight looks taken aback by the answer, before she asks "H-how old were you?"

"@&." You answer truthfully

Gasps of surprise and horror happen throughout the room. You shrug like it was nothing and say,

"What? That's my age."

Twilight trembles a little bit before she says,

"T-that's not even all that long!"

You're about to say that's pretty old by changeling standards when...

You try to convince the mane six (and the others) that you are the ghost of the Hooded Offender, here to haunt them forever. However, Discord, sensing an opportunity to be a pain in the butt, snaps his fingers and the cloak tears itself off of you, washes and irons itself, and plops back on you, unfortunately revealing that you are alive and well.

The mismatch creature chuckles and says,

"Well, H.O., thanks for the show. But I think it's time for this charade to end, don't you think?"

Before you can question what he means, he snaps his fingers and the next thing you know, your cloak tears itself off of you, washes and irons itself inside a now existing washer and iron, dries itself off in a dryer, and then plops back on you. Unfortunately, this also reveals that you're alive and well. You look at all the angry and shocked looks around and you chuckle nervously as you say...

You decide to pull out a portal reference again. You turn your voice robotic.
"Wait, before I get pummeled by you all, I think this appearance does require some explanation. Let me give you the fast version. AndmethodicallyknockingpeopleshatsoffthenIaccountitforhightimetogettoseaasfastasIcan." You say that so quickly that noling but Pinkie and Discord can tell what you said.
"There, if you have any questions, just remember what I said in slow motion. Test on your own recognizance."
They all give you a weird looks.
"I'll be right back." You run out of the room.

In a robotic voice,

"Oh, would you look at that, I'm alive. Well, before I get pummeled by you all, I think this appearance does require some explanation. Let me give you the fast version; AndmethodicallyknockingpeopleshatsoffthenIaccountitforhightimetogettoseaasfastasIcan."

You said that so quickly that noling but Pinkie and the mismatch creature can tell what you said causing them both to laugh, but you ignore them as you say,

"There, if you have any questions, just remember what I said in slow motion. Test on your own intelligence."

Their looks of shock and anger turn into confusion. Taking this opportunity you say,

"Oh, would you look at the time! I'm late for my Doctor's appointment! I must be off, allons-y!" And with that you begin to charge up a teleport spell, but...

You try to teleport away, but Twilight does that unfair spell where she disables your magic again. Applejack and Rainbowdash dogpile you until Fluttershy drags them off of you.
"Excuse me, am I interrupting anything, lovers?" Discord says. "I do recall a couple ponies wanting to retrieve their elements, and in order to do that this is what you need to know. To retrieve your missing Elements just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began. Farewell, my little ponies."
You think you here some iconic phrase, but you're too busy fearing the death looks the deadly five are giving you

They all hastily get off you when you sarcastically comment how dogpiling the bug that went on a berserker rampage through all of them at the GGG probably isn't the best idea.

Nothing happens. You open your eyes to see a smirking Twilight and her horn is glowing.

Drat, she must have used that stupid magic-disabling spell again.

With that thought in mind, you turn around to make a break for it, but before you could take one step...

"Oh no you don't!"

"Not this time varmint!"

"Time for 'Bouncing on the Offender!'"

You feel three weights slam into your back knocking you to the ground in a dogpile as Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie all tackle you. You then sarcastically comment from under the dogpile,

"Yeah, charge straight at the bug who rampaged through the Royal Guards and the Wonderbolts, curb-stomped the alicorn who controls the sun, Oh, and let's not forget, ended Blueblood's chances of ever having foals and walking with just one punch. That's the guaranteed key to a long life!"

The mares suddenly get flashbacks to the destruction and terror at the GGG that haunted their nightmares for the days following the incident and hastily get off you. As they back away slowly in fear, you get up, turn to face them, and brush off your shoulder with a hoof as you say,

"Alrighty then. Anyling else want to have a go at-"

Suddenly, Fluttershy gives you a quick hug and whispers, "I'm glad you're okay, Hoody." Before you could respond, the strange creature chuckles as he says,

"Excuse me, am I interrupting anything, lovers? I do recall a couple ponies wanting to retrieve their elements, and in order to do that this is what you need to know: To retrieve your missing Elements just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began. Farewell, my little ponies... And fellow chaos maker."

And with that, he literally pops away! You swear you hear him say something iconic, but you're too distracted by the stares you're now getting from the Deadly Five...

You appear to have broken Celestia again. She's just staring off into space. it's probably the stress of Discord combined with the shock of seeing you again. Anyways, Twilight, seeing that Celestia is in no shape to watch you and make sure you don't fake your own death again, decides to take you with them into the labyrinth and keep and eye on you.

When Twilight tries to make you come with them, you're about to just fight your way out, but you see how frightened Fluttershy is (that and/or she asks you) and stick around only for her sake.

You look over to Celestia, who has been quiet the whole time.

Oh shoot I broke her... again.

It's true, she's just staring off into space (probably the result of combined stress and shock of the elements being stolen, Discord's return, and seeing you again). Anyways, Twilight (having just finished looking out the window and seeing that Celestia is in no shape to watch you) looks at you and says,

"Since the princess is distracted, you'll be coming with us to the maze."

You look at her confused and think,

Maze? Who said anything about a maze?

You shrug off the thought and prepare a "Pycho Buster" to escape when you see Fluttershy in front of you shivering like crazy and looking at you with a terrified/pleading look in her eyes. You sigh as you know that, even though you don't like it, it's best to stay to watch over her.

The Doctor will have to wait, I have a friend that needs help.

You look at Twilight, shrug and try to say nonchalantly,

"Eh, I got nothing better to do."

Fluttershy smiles at you while Twilight nods her head in an almost excited matter before declaring,

"Let's go girls! The fate of Equestria is in our hooves!"

As you follow the mares out you think,

I mean, what's the worse that can happen?...

25 MINUTES LATER

When you all get to the maze, you panic along with the rest of the mares at your horns and wings going missing (although Discord allows you to keep your wings after pointing out that you can't fly anyway).

I just HAD to say it...

In the time span of almost half an hour, you ran/walked all the way to the royal maze after Twilight figured out the riddle, you got your horn popped out of your head (along with the other's horns and wings, but strangely he let you keep your wings under your coat. You decided to keep that fact secret from the others since you can't fly anyway. Luna knows the fillyfooler won't ever let you live it down if she knew) for the strange creature's (who you learned is named Discord) game in the maze, you get cut off from Fluttershy by a maze wall popping up in between the group, AND you somehow managed to get stuck with Twilight.

While not as bad as the hick, the fillyfooler, or the psycho, she's still not exactly the best pony to be stuck in a maze with... You think bitterly.

Twilight just sighs as she looks at you with a glare and says,

"Come on, oh great Hooded Offender, let's go."

You roll your eyes as you say,

"After you, princess."

And with that, you and Twilight began to travel the maze...

Outro

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Let the maze..begin. Oh, don't forget to run as well!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here.

I bring awesome news! One of the Hive Mind, S80LAR, created a comic staring our favorite changeling! I found it awesome and funny as heck. Go check out the blog with the comic now!

Yesterdays question answers are....

Question first: that time in Keep Calm and Flutter On where he was rotating Fluttershy's house. Hilarious, great visual, and Fluttershy saying that she'll even get discord to put the house back before the dinner party later.

and

"What fun is there in making sense?"

Congrats to SnapDrakeGames and Dream Seeker respectfully. I agree with Snap that that scene had great visuals, and I almost got caught watching MLP cause I was laughing so hard (thank you inventor of the lock (And yes to all those who are new here I am a Closet Brony)). And I agree with Seeker because that is one of Discords best lines. The fact that I reference it all the time and have yet to get called out on it helps!

Today's question is...

What is the scariest horror game you've ever played or seen?

Come on folks, what game have you played that has caused you to hide under your blankets, turn the lights on, and carry a gun to sleep. Come on, you can tell me....BYE!

PreviousChapters Next