• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 21: Shopping Time And Father Daughter Day!

It's a school day remember? Drop your daughter off at school (which depletes your Inventory food supply to "1 Box of Multigrain Cereal" and "One Can of powdered milk") and ask her to ask Button Mash where the arcade is.

Well today is a school day, so you can't hang out with your daughter till after 3, and you don't want to make her miss three days in a row, so go into town for some supplies, and maybe a few treats for when she gets off.

You stand outside the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres thinking about what to do with your day off.

First things first; today's a school day so I need to drop off Nightshade at school. Darn, I was really hoping that we could have some father-daughter time together, but she's already missed two days of school- *ding*. I know! Nightshade gets out at 3, so that means we can have a father-daughter day then!

With that plan in mind, you head towards the schoolhouse to drop off Nightshade,

12 MINUTES LATER

"Bye Sweetie! See ya after school!"

You wave to Nightshade as she waves back while she walks into the school (although packing her her lunch depletes your Inventory food supply to "1 Box of Multigrain Cereal" and "1 Can of powdered milk"). You're about to walk away when you see Cheerilee in the school window glaring at you and mouthing the words:

"I. Expect. Better."

You make a panicked sound before you run away in fear while thinking,

How is it possible that a seemingly sweet pony teacher is scarier then a changeling one?!

A FEW MINUTES LATER

After you put some distance between yourself and the school house and calm down a little bit, you begin to think about your...

Thinking about your food situation, you compare it to Appleloosa:
-Appleloosa: Had to provide your own three meals a day, Nightshade was home-schooled so she only popped out occasionally and thus needed to be fed less
-Ponyville: Breakfast and supper provided by Apple family (usually at the insistence of Applejack), but because Nightshade is going to regular school, her large appetite needs to be fed more often (which means more of your income will be going into her stomach)

Food situation in Ponyville compared to your food situation back in Appleloosa.

Let's see, back in Appleloosa I had to provide my own three meals a day, but Nightshade was home-schooled so she only popped out occasionally and thus needed to be fed less. But now in Ponyville, I have breakfast and supper provided by the Apple family (usually at the insistence of Applejack), but because Nightshade is going to regular school, her large appetite needs to be fed more often (which means more of my income will be going into her stomach). Ugh, I can't decide which one is better. But regardless...

You then sadly take out your bag of bits (68 Bits) and say to yourself,

"Business before pleasure..."

You weep comedic anime tears as you realize that at least half of the bits that you planned to spend on you and Nightshade's father-daughter day are going towards food. You sigh as you begin to go... shopping.

Go shopping for groceries
3 Pre-prepared Salads
3 Cans of Broccoli Cheese Soup
3 Cans of Tomato Cream Soup
3 Boxes of Crackers
6 carrots (when you purchase these from Golden Harvest, have a brief talk and learn she's the twin sister of Carrot Top from back in Appleloosa)
15 Granola bars
12-pack of Water bottles
Bandages (For Nightshade's mummy costume)
45 Bits remaining

SOME HOURS LATER

After you finally managed to find a few stores that sold food (for some odd reason, almost all the food in Ponyville is sold at stands in the center of town, yet anything that is not food gets sold in big stores, besides oddly enough party supplies), you did your shopping and now you're checking over your newly bought supplies in the Inventory;

3 Pre-prepared Salads
3 Cans of Broccoli Cheese Soup
3 Cans of Tomato Cream Soup
3 Boxes of Crackers
6 carrots (Interestingly, when you purchase these from Golden Harvest, you had a brief chat with her and learn she's the twin sister of Carrot Top from back in Appleloosa)
15 Granola bars
12-pack of Water bottles
Bandages (For Nightshade's mummy costume)
Your costume

You're now down to 30 bits, but your costume... It's so awesome and cool that you can't wait for Nightmare night to come. You check the time to see that it's almost 3 o'clock, so you close the Inventory as you head back to the school to pick up Nightshade. As you walk back, you begin to think back on some of the interesting things happened to you while you were shopping, one of those things was...

While you walk through town, you happen to stumble across a dark alley. Out of this alley comes a tough looking stallion in a leather jacket.
"Yo punk, gimme all your bits! My tiny friend here has a knife!" He threatens as he holds up a colt who is holding a switchblade at you.
"Gah! Wait! Don't hurt me! Here you can have all my- Wait... what am I doing?" you facehoof before Falcon Punching the mugger into a garbage bin.
"Three years of planning wasted." he moans.
"You're washed up." the knife colt tells him.

A FEW HOURS AGO

You had just bought the carrots from Golden Harvest and were searching for a grocery store when you happen to stumble across a dark alley. Out of this alley comes a tough looking stallion in a leather jacket.

"Yo punk, gimme all ya bits! My tiny friend here has a knife!" He threatens as he holds up a colt who is in turn holding a switchblade at you.

"Gah! Wait! Don't hurt me! Here you can have all my- Wait... what am I doing?"

You roll your eyes before you take up a fighting stance and call out,

FALCON PUNCH!

Your flame-encased hoof flies past the colt and slams into the would-be mugger's chest and sends him smashing into the brick wall behind him as the knife colt is flung into a garbage can next to the stallion.

"Three years o plannin wasted." he moans.

"Youse washed up, Unc." the knife colt tells him.

You shake your head in embarrassment of the two would-be robbers as you straighten your scarf before walking away.
Another thing that happened was...

You pass by a Record Store and see a familiar unicorn in it tinkering with amps and stuff, so you go inside
You: Hey Vinyl, how's it going
V: Umm...sorry, do I know you?
You: (thinking) Oh Crap, I forgot she hasn't met Tennant yet
You: Oh, well I'm Baker Sylvester Tennant, I help out the Apples, and someone mentioned your name heh heh...
V: Oh yeah, you're the dude who blew up the machine yesterday! That was radical!
You: I know right? It had it coming, stupid evil machine
V: Hey, hope you don't hate all machines buddy, because you ain't trashing up my store
You: What? Oh no no no...(letting go of the vice grips you just started taking out) I only hate evil machines...yours aren't evil are they
V: Evil? No. Wicked? Tartarus Ya! (Dubstep accompanies that declaration)
You: Nice, so what you up to today?
V: Oh nothing much, just making a sick ass costume for Nightmare Night! I'm gonna be Soundwave from Transformers!
You: Cool
V: Yup, check out the voice modulator (she speaks into microphone and it sounds like Soundwave) Laser Beak, prepare for flight
You: That's Awesome...Wait! Soundwave...Decepticon...Machine...EVIL!!! (You Pull out your vice grips before she grabs them away from you with her magic and slaps you)
V: Cut that out
You: Sorry, guess my mind is still a little stupid after yesterday
DFV: Biggest understatement of the millennium right there
You: Grrr...Not now
V: (she gives back your vice grips) sorry again, but no random destruction in my store unless I cause it.
You: Yes Maam
V: So...what you going as for Nightmare Night
You: Well I was thinking of going as The Hooded Offender
Her eyes widen as she grabs you and throws you to the ground and stands on your chest and starts interrogating you.
V: Who sent you? How did you find out, was it the Griffons?
You: Whoah, Wait, What? What are you talk...
V: Why do you want to go as the Hooded Offender, and why did you specifically tell me this?
You: I...I thought it would be cool to...
V: BullSpit! You're a spy aren't you?!
You: (scared) N-No! I'm actually...A Member!
She narrows her eyes at you before saying calmly
V: The Blackest Night falls from the skies...
You: Huh?
V: Finish it if you're a member
You: Oh yeah, the mantra...ummm...
She raises her hoof up to strike you
You: Wait Wait! I got this
The DFV helps you recite the rest
Vinyl helps you up
V: Sorry about that, can't be too careful with Celestia's goons running around.
You: No worries
V: But you should know better, President Fluttershy told us all to go dark until the time was right, and that means no wearing our hoods until the call is heard
You: Oh, Sorry, I didn't know, I'm from Appleloosa and...
V: Nah, it's fine, I guess I'm just a bit jumpy. Can't be too careful when your best friend keeps trying to blow your cover
You: Huh?
V: Oh, my friend Octavia, she keeps trying to raise awareness and recruit in not so subtle ways. She's in love with the freaking guy.
You: Sh-she is?
V: Oh heck ya! I mean the guy did save her life and everything, and she just rants on an on about how she wants to know the real him, and how the groupies and Fan Fillies you read about in the paper are just jumping on the bandwagon. Not that I blame them, I've met him before and he's kinda hot.
You blush
V: Never thought I'd say that about a Bug Pony guy, but he is, though I was a bit drunk when I met him, and might have said some embarrassing things at the time.
You: heh heh...
V: (she shakes her head) but anyway, back to the matter at hoof, don't wear your membership hood, we don't want to cause a scene and ruin it for all the little kids
You: OK, I guess I'll go get a new one.
V: Alright then, be more discreet in the future, and I'll see ya later
She pulls you into a hug and whispers in your ear
V: Hail The Horde
You: Hail The Horde
She let's go
V: Now don't be a stranger, I DJ at the clubs at night, look me up sometime, wouldn't mind having some hot stuff cheering for me (she winks at you)
You: (blushing and nervous) heh heh...will do, bye...
As you leave and head for Barnyard Bargains for a costume, you can't help but think about all the mares that seem to be fawning over you
You: Man, how is this my life? All these Mares throwing themselves at me, sometimes literally, and yet I can't do anything because I'll either be found out or I'm just to much of a hero to fall into that pit.
DFV: Why not mate with the loose Unicorn you just talked with
You: Cause I don't wanna blow my cover and I hardly know her...although Vinyl does have nice shapely flan...NO! BAD BUG!
DFV: The stress of not having intercourse for over a year is getting to you,
You: Tell me about it...Wait, A year? When did... But I've never...
DFV: Oh...ahem...my mistake...(lying badly)
You: What aren't you telling me?
DFV: Let's just say our daughter was created in the traditional way...relatively speaking.
You: What?!
DFV: ...
You: Quit dropping bombs like that and going silent!
DFV: ...
You: Grrrr...

You pass by a Record Store and see a familiar sunglasses-wearing unicorn in it tinkering with amps and stuff, so you go inside.

"Hey Vinyl, how's it going?" you greet.

Vinyl looks up from a stereo she's tinkering with and looks at you in confusion,

"Umm... sorry, do I know you?"

Oh horesapples, I forgot she hasn't met Tennant yet!

"Oh... well... I'm Baker Sylvester Tennant, I help out the Apples, and somelin-er somepony mentioned your name heh heh..." you stammer

"Oh yeah, you're the dude who blew up the machine yesterday! That was radical!"

"I know right? Although to be fair, it was self-defense as it tried to terminate me first. Stupid evil machine..." you mutter the last part.

"Hey, hope you don't hate all machines buddy, because you ain't trashing up my store."

"What? Oh no no no... " You let go off the vise-grips that you now realize you were subconsciously reaching for as you continue, "I only hate evil machines... yours aren't evil are they?"

"Evil? No. Wicked? Tartarus Ya!"

Dubstep music suddenly bursts out of nowhere to accompany her statement. After recovering from the surprise you say,

"Nice, so what are you up to today?"

"Oh nothing much, just making a sick ass costume for Nightmare Night! I'm gonna be Soundwave from Transformares!"

"Cool- Wait, animated serial or explosion-fest movies?"

"The serial, duh. Oh, and check out the voice modulator I made!"

Vinyl then gets out a microphone and speaks into it so she sounds like Soundwave,

"Laser Beak, prepare for flight."

"That's Awesome... Wait! Soundwave... Decepticon... Machine... EVIL!!!"

You whip out your vise-grips with intent to smash before she quickly slaps your horn to make you drop it.

"Cut that out!"

"Sorry, guess my mind is still a little stupid after yesterday." you say as you rub your horn.

Biggest understatement of the millennium right there

Not. Now...

"Sorry again, but no random destruction in my store unless I cause it." Vinyl says as she hands you back your vise-grips.

"Yes Ma'am" you reply as you put them away.

"So... What are you going as for Nightmare Night."

"Well I was thinking of going as The Hooded Offend-*wham*"

She suddenly tackles you and stands on your chest as she starts interrogating you.

"Who sent you? How did you find out, was it the Griffons?"

"Whoah, Wait, What? What are you talk-" you stammer before she interrupts you.

"Why do you want to go as the Hooded Offender, and why did you specifically tell me this?"

"I... I thought it would be cool to-"

"BullSpit! You're a spy aren't you?!"

"N-No! I'm actually... A Member!"

She narrows her eyes at you before saying calmly,

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies..."

"Huh?"

"If you're a member then you should know it by heart. Finish it!"

"Oh yeah, the mantra... ummm..."

She raises her hoof up to strike you.

"Wait Wait! I got this! Uh..."

As easy as it would be to disembowel this pathetic excuse for a "musician", I suppose it would be in our best interests to maintain this facade...

With that, the D.F.V. guides you through the creed. Convinced that you're a fellow Horde member, Vinyl helps you up.

"Sorry about that, can't be too careful with Luna's goons running around. Not to mention rumors of other groups and even governments who want to capture and possibly harness the powers of the Hooded Offender."

"No worries." you reply as you put your Panama hat back on.

"But you should know better, President Fluttershy told us all to go dark until the time was right, and that means no wearing our hoods until the signal is heard."

"Oh, Sorry, I didn't know. I'm from Appleloosa and-"

"Nah, it's fine, I guess I'm just a bit jumpy. Can't be too careful when your best friend since foalhood keeps trying to blow your cover."

"Indee- Huh?" you say in confusion.

"Oh, my friend Octavia, she keeps trying to raise awareness and recruit in not-so-subtle ways. She's in love with the freaking guy."

"Sh-she is?"

"Oh hay ya! I mean the guy did save her life and everything, and she just rants on an on about how she wants to know the real him, and how the groupies, Fanfillies, and so-called 'Waifus' you read about in the paper are just jumping on the bandwagon. Not that I blame them, I've met him before and he's kinda hot."

You blush underneath your face mask and scarf as she continues,

"Never thought I'd say that about a stallion without a face, but he is. Though I was a bit drunk when I met him, and might have said some embarrassing things at the time..."

She blushes slightly and you chuckle nervously as you both remember Vinyl's offer to take her and Octavia to bed. Vinyl shakes her head and continues,

"But anyway, back to the matter at hoof, don't wear your membership hood. We don't want to cause a scene and ruin it for all the foals."

"OK, I guess I'll go get a new one."

"Alright then, be more discreet in the future and I'll see ya later."

She pulls you into a hug and whispers in your ear,

"Hail The Horde."

"Hail The Horde." you whisper back.

She let's go of you.

"Now don't be a stranger. I DJ at the clubs at night so look me up sometime, wouldn't mind having some hot stuff cheering for me." she lowers her sunglasses and winks.

You blush again and nervously say,

"Heh heh... Will do, bye..."

As you leave and head for Barnyard Bargains for a costume, you can't help but think about all the mares that seem to be fawning over you.

Man, how is this my life? All these Mares throwing themselves at me, sometimes literally, and yet I can't do anything because I'll either be found out or I'm just too much of a good guy to fall into that pit.

Why not indulge the loose unicorn's offer of a ménage-à-trois?

First, I have no idea what a "ma-nang a-tross" is. Second, I don't wanna blow my cover. And third, I barely know her... Although Vinyl does have nice shapely flan- NO! BAD BUG!

The vexations of being a virgin are getting to you, but I fail to see why you insist on remaining so. Judging from the number of "fanfillies" this "Horde" has, you could indulge in three fresh mistresses every nigh-

*spurt*

Your nose spurts out blood at the DFV's suggestion and you say,

"Luna, I'm just a few words away from every young stallion's fantasy and I can't live it cause of risk of certain death! Even if I did indulge in that, what kind of example would that be setting for Nightshade! Besides I'm saving it for marriage! Although herds are legal in Equestri- Look, I don't want to talk about this subject anymore so I'm ignoring you."

And with that, you continue your shopping.

BACK TO NOW

You can't help but blush thinking back on it at how Octavia might like you. You say "might" because Vinyl told you, and from what you know about her is that she tends to exaggerate. For all you know, Octavia just really likes to support you... hopefully-

"DADDY! *wham*"

Your strange thoughts are interrupted when a happy midnight blur slams into you. You look up and see your daughter, causing you to smile at her and ruffle her hair as you say,

"Hey Sweetie."

You then begin to tell her how you and her are gonna spend the whole day together. She looks at you with sparkling eyes as she says,

"Subarashī! Watashitachiha tsumori saisho ni nani o shite iru? (Awesome! What are we gonna do first?)"

You chuckle and say,

Spend the day with your daughter and have fun. Maybe hit up an arcade and show your epic skee-ball skills and earn enough tickets to get Nightshade a toy from the top shelf. Who knows maybe some of her friends will be there too.

"We're going to this Arcade I saw while I was shopping. We're gonna play all the games and win a bunch of awesome prizes!"

"Let's go!" Nightshade says with a smile.

You nod your head as you and Nightshade go towards were you saw the arcade.

AT THE ARCADE

You and Nightshade have been having a great time at the arcade! You had enough bits to buy a bunch of tokens to play the games there. You showed off your epic skee-ball skills, played some classic arcade games like Pac-Mare and Road Fighter, Nightshade got a adorable Yoshi plushie (that she comments isn't as nice as her "alicorn plushie") from the claw machine (while you failed miserably about eighteen times and were about to Falcon Punch the machine before Nightshade stepped in). Nightshade beat you (repeatedly) at several fighting games like Spirit Calibur and Fatal Kombat (although her foul language during the games did get you several shocked angry glares from the nearby parents). You and Nightshade were having a blast! Sadly you both go kicked out by the staff when Nightshade ate all the pizza in the food parlor (by the way, 25 Bits left).

As you are (literally) thrown out while Nightshade was only politely escorted out (good thing for the security stallion too, cause if he touched a hair on her mane... *snap*). You decide to give the nice arcade owner and security guard a nice compliment,

"WHAT THE BUCK DO YOU MEAN BANNED FOR LIFE?! THE SIGN AT THE STATION SAID THAT 'FOALS UNDER THE AGE OF 12 EAT FREE', AND SHE'S TECHNICALITY ONLY ONE! BESIDES I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT YOUR ANIMATRONICS ARE BUCKING CREEPY AND YOUR PIZZA SUCKS COMPARED TO PAPA PIZZAS!"

Now those stallions know how to make a mean pizza. Also now I'm banned from both this arcade...whats it called again?

You look up at the sign in front before continuing your mental rant.

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza"... Huh, strange name... Whatever. Now where was I... Oh yeah! Now I'm banned from both "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" and "Olive Grotto" thanks to Nightshade's appetite. Note to self; always order take-out if I ever plan on getting food from- Wait a second... WHO THE HAY IS TALKING TO MY BABY?!

You end your mental rambling as you see a brown colt wearing a propeller hat talking with Nightshade. Your fatherly instinct starts to kick in, but it goes into overdrive when you see them laughing. You think...

Obviously, Bugze and Nightshade go to town to rent out some of their Favorite Anime series, meeting a certain someling (Button) that Bugze instantly doesn't trust becuase he's, quote, "Too perfect for my Daughter!".
Que Bugze getting the wrong idea.
Que Facehoof from Nightshade.
Que Blush from Button.
(Button/Nightshade is best ship :twilightblush: )
*Awkward silence must be included*
...
...
...

Get hit in the face with a bowling ball courtesy of Scootaloo.

That colt looks like he's getting along with my daughter... *snap* GET HIM!

You charge forward and jump in front of Nightshade as you focus your glowing orange eyes on the colt and yell,

"GET YOUR FILTHY ORGANS AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!"

The colt freaks out and begins to stutter and you're about to start berating him-

*WHAM!*

When a bowling ball slams into the side of your head knocking you into the ground.

"Sorry Mister Vag-I mean Tennant!" you hear Scootaloo say from far away.

"DADDY!" Nightshade shouts in annoyance "Button Mash is a friend from school!"

"Oh..." you say before all three of you stand there in awkward silence.

"Sorry..." you mutter, breaking the silence,

"Eh, no problem." The now named Button Mash says. "I have to go now anyway. I think my mom needs me. See ya Nightshade."

"See ya Button." Nightshade replies before you two and Button walk off in separate directions before coming across...

FATHER-DAUGHTER MOVIE/GAME DAY just think of it playing games like super mareio or maretroid and movies like star trot, or the famous movies that TOTALLY wont scar nightshade for life Changeling. OHHH ITD BE SOOOO SUPER DUPER FUN:pinkiehappy:

A "Balebusters" film reel store that's going out of business! You and Nightshade's eyes light up as you rush inside.

ONE SHOPPING SPREE LATER

You and Nightshade look over what you bought as you put them in The Inventory.

"Alien" & "Aliens" double feature reel
"Coltmmando" film reel
"Die Hoof" film reel
"Death Notebook" anime (Neighponese animated) serial reels
"Full Crystal Alchemist" anime serial reels
"Seikrei" anime serial reels
3 pans of "Yippie Pop" Stovetop Popcorn.
10 Bits remaining

You and Nightshade plan on commandeering the Apples projector and borrowing their butter and salt for a Anime/Action movie marathon. Nightshade was bouncing so much in excitement that she tired herself out. As you put her into the Inventory, she sleepily says,

"I can't wait for the marathon Daddy... *yawn* promise you'll wake me up when it's time..."

You smile in a fatherly love as you say,

"Of course sweetie, now see ya later."

She nods her little head as she falls asleep before you fully put her into the Inventory. After you put her to bed you think,

I think it's time another friend of mine knows I'm still around... I just hope she won't whack me with some sort of potion staff before I even get to talk to her.

With that you head towards Zecora's hut...

go see Zecora (although you both swear you spotted Apple Bloom walking back from her hut...)

ONE TREK LATER

You arrive at Zecora's hut, but on your way there you swear you saw Applebloom sneak away from the hut, but you dismiss it as your eyes playing tricks on you. You walk over to Zecora's door and think,

Please don't be angry or now hate me...

You're about to knock when the door suddenly swings open and you're now staring at Zecora. You and Zecora stare at each other...

And stare...

And stare...

NOT WITH THE STARING AGAIN!

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Lets see, will Bugze get his butt kicked by Zecora, or will he be accepted with open arms...hooves...I don't know.

Yesterday's question answer is...

NOPE!

Dream Seeker was right, I ain't telling you guys yet, wheres the fun in that. But I will say that there have been some interesting theories you guys have. Most notably Minds Eye's and Kichi's theory number 4. Now I am not saying these theories are true, but they are interesting.

Now today's question is...

What Should Bugzes custom be?

I, personally, want it to be a Dalek custom with a voice changer to make him sound like a Dalek. And one answer is fine, but two maximum. But, I'll let you guys decide. So...DECIDE!

PreviousChapters Next