• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 51: Take Me Away Copper! (Die Horde Part 3)

Flash slips into his native tougne of Germaneigh-ish in panic.

The first thing you do when seeing Flash is exclaim your excitement, he was an alright guy even though you took him hostage and beat him down.

You smile at seeing Flash Sentry again as you say,

"Flash! Oh buddy, oh pal, oh... uh... great guy! You are just the pony I'm looking for!"

Flash just stares at you before he shouts out in panic and in... some language you don't know,

"Heilige Geld! Was das Geld machst du hier ?! Vielleicht haben Sie in der Innenstadt in der Nähe des Hoofball Stadion gesichtet wurden! (Holy buck! What the buck are you doing here?! I thought you were spotted at downtown near the Hoofball stadium)!"

You look at him in confusion before asking,

"Um...can you repeat that in Equestrian pleas-?"

But, instead of answering your question like a polite stallion would, he charges at you with his hoof up in a attempt to hit you...

SnapDrakeGames comment

"Would you kindly CHILL!" you say as you whip out the Power Glove and freeze the stallion in place into a Sentry-sickle.

"Look, bud, I'd love to hang out, maybe catch up on how it's been going, but I really don't have the time. There's an insane ex-supporter of mine who plans on unleashing his forces on Fillydelphia and slaughtering millions of ponies. I sort of need your help sorting this one out."

"GRBBBBHGRBHGRGHB!" Flash says with chattering teeth.

The waifu stealer is trapped under a layer of ice. I don't think he can- Selena says before she's suddenly interrupted by the voices of a legion of angry fanponies crying out in your head,

Kill the waifu stealer! Castrate him with fire! He was mind-controlled into being a jerk to Twilight in Rainbow Rocks so he must die screaming

You just had to say that Selena... AND SHUT UP ALREADY! I'M NOT GONNA KILL HIM! you mentally reply in annoyance as you melt Flash out of his icy prison causing him to gasp and pant, rapidly sucking in air.

"You're going to hyperventilate if you keep that up-*thud*" you say before Flash tackles you to the ground while your guard is down.

"You," he hisses.

"Yeah, me." you sarcastically reply, "Look, I'd love to do this whole 'epic fight between the criminal and the law' thing, but we're kind of on a schedule here. So would you kindly telekinesis!"

You lift Flash into the air with telekinesis and turn to leave with Flash floating behind you. He starts flailing around to no effect.

"Hey, dude," you say. "Do me a solid and tell me where Cadence's husband is. I need him too."

"Huh?" Flash asks in confusion as he was too busy flailing to pay attention. You didn't notice this so you say,

"Fine, if you want us to waste several hours searching while you play dumb, then that's what I'll do."

You flip Flash upside down so the blood rushes to his head before continuing,

"You're fine if I carry you like this, right?"

Flash just glares at you before he growls,

"Put. Me. Down."

You just smirk at him before saying,

BrownDog77 comment

"How bout I shake you like a bartender shakes instead of stirs a spy's drink instead until you agree to cooperate. Okay?"

He just continues to glare at you so you shrug your shoulders and grin evilly beneath your hood before saying in a sing-song voice,

"I don't hear a no..." before you start to violently shake the orange Pegasus like a maraca.

...I don't know how ponies conduct interrogations these days, but back in my day we'd ask them questions BEFORE getting rough... Selena snarks,

Oh... you think sheepishly, Yeah... I probably should've-

KILL THE WAIF-

SHUT UP! you mentally say before you stop shaking Flash and put him right side up,

"Now uh... where’s Shining Armor at?" you ask.

Flash shakes his head to rid himself of the birds fluttering around before saying

"The Fillydelphia Royal Guard Station of course, where else do you think he would be after you murdered Iron Shield!"

*Snap*

“Okay Bucko, let’s get one thing perfectly straight here.” you say to him in a serious/angry tone, “I. Didn’t. Kill. Anyling!”

“Oh sure, the leader of this branch of the guard's has an accident after Internal Affairs starts looking into him, and Equestria’s "Self-Proclaimed So-called Vigilante" just so happens to be here.” he snarks.

“That’s just a coincidence- wait, internal affairs?" you say in confusion.

“Yeah, Iron Shield, hay... most of the Fillydelphian guard aren't what you would call clean, but you already know that don't you?”

“Stained shields? Really? Wow, this really is starting to feel like a thriller flick situation... but that’s not the point, I didn't have anything to do with this!” you reply as your glowing eyes die down.

“Then what do you call this?” he asks as he reaches into his armor and pulls out a card with the symbol of the Horde on it, “found right here at the scene of the accident?

“Da Buck?” you ask as you actually look around you and see that the alleyway seems to have a lot of explody parts everywhere with yellow guard tape wrapped around the area.

Wow, how did I not notice that before? you think to yourself.

“Yeah, the Fillydelphian Guards wrapped this case up as an accident only an hour after it occurred, so Captain Armor sent me out here for a second opinion, and I find this, not even remotely hidden. How do you explain that?” he asks.

“The Guards are highly incompetent?” you guess.

“That would be a good guess, if it weren't for the fact that half the guards here are dirtier than an Earth Pony Farmer.”

“Hey, that’s species-ist!” you exclaim, seeing as how your family happens to be exactly that.

He gets a guilty look on his face,

“Sorry! That’s my grandfather talking, not me!” he shakes his head and gets serious again, “But yeah, obviously you got some Guards on your payroll, and you left this just for spite!” he exclaims before he takes advantage of your distracted mind to break out of telekinesis and tackle right into you.

“Oh for the love of... would you kindly CHILL THE BUCK OUT?” you yell as you buck him off you and freeze him again in midair,

“Oh come on!” he yells as his ice-covered body hits the ground on its side.

“Now listen, I know you’re not as stupid as your last boss, so read my lips when I say this again; I... DIDN'T... KILL... ANYLING!!!! GOT IT?!”

“But the card-” he tries to continue before you interrupt,

“It’s not mine, it was left here by the true culprit.”

“Really? And who would that be?” he asks in a deadpan tone that says he doesn't believe you.

“His name is Flag Burner, or at least that’s what others call him, and he is the leader of the Horde faction here.”

Flash’s eyes open in realization.

“I’ve heard that name... he recently sent out threatening letters to each of the Element Bearers and all three of the Princesses...”

“Oh that son of a... Grrrr... I’m going to slap him even harder for that...but ya, he's your true culprit.”

“But... he's one of your own so then you are still are responsible for th-”

"NO! I’M NOT!" you roar in the RCV as you angrily bring down both hooves on Flash's ice causing him obvious discomfort, "This nutjob is using me as an excuse to get what he wants! Hay, he just tried to leave me in a dark cell to die because I didn't think how he thought I would.”

“He...”

“And now he’s going to do something worse, he’s going to kill a lot of ponies tonight.”

Flash gasps at this info.

“I don’t know how, or where, but it’s going to be tonight! And that's why I need to talk to Armor, we need to work together before it's too late, and sitting here playing the blame game won’t help us anytime soon!”

Flash gets a contemplative look on his face for a few moments before saying,

“...OK, I'll help you, just unfreeze me OK?”

"Deal." you say as you unfreeze him.

While Flash is stretching his joints to see if they still work after you froze them, but he looks at you in surprise when you suddenly say,

"If the whole bucking Guard here are dirty. I have half the mind to beat them all straight."

Flash sighs as he says,

"Look Offender, I'm with you there. But we don't have any evidence showing that they are dirty. Plus, we have bigger problems if what you told me is true. Flag Burner is the main priority for now so we can worry-"

"You mean beat up." you interrupt,

Flash glares at you for your outburst before saying,

"Worry about the guard here later."

You sigh in defeat before saying,

"Fine."

You then smile mischievously before you say in a high-pitched voice...

BrownDog77 Comment

>> SnapDrakeGames
This happens, but I recommend that it be modified so that Bugze pulls a "Play Along Prisoner" and lets himself get arrested by Flash to get an audience with Shining (I highly doubt the version of Flash in this story would break under interrogation AND Bugze being a "Play Along Prisoner" will make things simpler as I highly doubt he could just walk into Royal Guard HQ without getting dogpiled)

"Dun dun dun dun dun..."

Flash gives you a confused look before saying,

"What are you d-" he suddenly pauses when he realizes what the tune you're saying is and gives you an angry look and angrily says, "I swear on my badge that you better not-"

“FLASH!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH! SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERS-*whack crash*!” you shout before Flash bucks you in the head knocking you into some nearby garbage cans.

"Ow! The Buck was that for?” you exclaim.

“You know how many times I had to hear that at school and in Boot Camp?! I'm sick of it!” he snarls.

“Oh come on,” you say as you get back up, “Flash Gorgon is a great hero, I'm complimenting you.”

“Flash Gorgon is a stupid corny series...” he snaps.

You just stare at him in silence *snap* before you suddenly slap him on the snout.

“Ow!”

“Learn to take a compliment man, and don't you ever dis one of my favorite larvae-hood flicks again.” you say with glowing eyes, “Now, enough wasting time, onward to the station!”

You start to take a few steps before he grabs your cloak and says,

“You can’t just walk into the station, not when we don’t know who to trust and especially not with Equestria's most wanted just waltzing in!”

“Oh, that makes sense...” you say aloud, “What do you suggest?

Flash smirks evilly before holding up a pair of cuffs. You stare at them for a bit before saying,

"Oh no, your not suggesting that I..."

Flash just nods his head as he says,

"Yep."

Your about to object to his idea, but you just sigh and put your hooves out towards Flash.

"You're under arrest." Flash says. Remembering one of your favorite comedies, you then suddenly say,

"No! It wasn't me! It was the one-limbed mare!"

You then start saying defiantly,

"All right, I confess! I did it, ya hear? And I'm glad, glad I tell ya!"

You then suddenly drop to your knees and beg,

"What are they gonna do to me, Sarge? What are they gonna do?!"

Flash just chuckles slightly at your reference and says,

"Sorry son, that's not my department." as he puts the cuffs on you and starts 'escorting' you to where you guess the police station is.

I hope this works... you think before you suddenly hear...

Flash and a shackled you make your way to the Police Station when,
"Halt!"
You both freeze when approached by a trio of Royal Guard, a unicorn and an earth pony (who looks oddly familiar...) being led by a... Zebra
The Zebra introduces himself as "Second Liutenant Alonzo" (and for some reason says "King Kong ain't got Horseapples on me!") while you both finally remember that the Earth Pony is Strong Head.
Flash exposes the trio as "stained shields" with wordplay.
Flash turns to you before suddenly body-checking Alonzo. You catch on and attack the other two with a "Psycho Crusher" and tackle them both into the wall.
Interrogate Alonzo with vise-grips to the tounge and say "Allons-y Alonzo!" and find out that FLag Burner put a bounty on your head.

"HALT!"

You and Flash turn over in surprise and see a trio of Royal Guard coming your way. One of them is the usual white coated unicorn, the other is another unicorn stallion who looks awfully familiar, but what's really strange is what looks to be the leader of the trio; a zebra.

I thought solar-flanks only had ponies in her guard? Also, why can't I help but feel that something is off about this trio...

The trio finally reach you as the Zebra gives Flash a salute before saying,

"Second Lieutenant Alonzo at your service Lieutenant Flash!"

Flash says,

"At ease Lieutenant, why are you here with the two privates?"

Before the Zebra can say anything, the unicorn suddenly shouts,

"YOU KNOW WELL WHY WERE HERE PRIVATE- S*smack*"

His outburst is cut short when the other unicorn slaps him in the back of the head.

But you and Flash's eyes widen in surprise as you both think the same thing,

I know that annoying whining shout anywhere... Strong Head!

You get on the defensive (well, as munch you can with cuffs on) as Flash suddenly asks,

"So... how are those new black-cherry filled donuts at Rick's?"

Alonzo gets a confused look before responding,

"Never heard of it. Why do you ask?"

Flash just smiles innocently before saying,

"Oh no reason..."

*wham*

And the next thing you know, Flash body checkss Alonzo. You, Strong Head, and the other unicorn look at the two in surprise, but then Flash shouts,

"OFFENDER! THEY'RE STAINED SHIELDS!"

You look at him in confusion as he tackles Alonzo when the latter reaches for his dagger,

"So their armor's a bit dirty, that doesn't mean-"

He means they are corrupt you imbecile. Even thy dull mind has seen enough 'loose-cannon guard' flicks to know what that term means... Selena chimes in.

"Ohhhhh..." you say in oblivious realization,

*snap*

...before you turn your glowing orange eyes on the two traitors. They look at you in fear as you say,

"Well boys, I've just been backstabbed so I ain't in any patient mood for traitors." you crack your neck before continuing, "And traitors deserve no second thought, only their complete annihilation..."

The two unicorns draw their swords,

"PSYCHO CRUSHER!"

But you spin smash into the two unicorns, slamming them both into the wall and knocking them out cold. You turn back to Flash and see him holding the corrupt Zebra against the wall,

"What are you doing here?!" Flash interrogates,

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Alonzo scoffs, "King Kong ain't got horseapples on me! What's a goody-two-boots gonna do-*clack*alhhh!"

He's suddenly interrupted when you levitate your vise-grips on his tongue and threaten,

"If you don't say something useful soon, I'm gonna rip your dirty tongue out and replace it with a chili pepper!" and tug on the vise grips for emphasis,

*twack*

Before Flash slaps your horn forcing you to drop the vise grips as you rub your throbbing and dizzy horn,

"Owwww! What was that for!"

"That's an against-regulations interrogation!" Flash says, "It's not admissible in court!"

"Buck the courts! I'm gonna make this bucker sing even if I need to use his nards as cymbals!"

Before Flash could respond, Alonzo shakes in fear before saying,

"Okay, okay! We... we came after you because the Horde has put a 1,000 bit open bounty for whoever can kill the False Offender."

You stare him for awhile before saying,

"Well thanks for the info, now Allons-y Alonzo to La La land! PSYCHO CRUSHER!"

And with that, you knock him into the wall where he slumps onto the downed unicorns.

Even after that slight headache, you can't help but comment,

"Nice work on the 'good guard bad guard' routine Flash."

"You are a bad guard." Flash snarks.

"Very funny- Wait...1,000 bits! Only 1,000 stinking bits! I'm worth way more than that!"

Flash looks at you strangely as he ties up the stained shields and asks,

"Why are you upset about that?"

You sigh as you say,

"I'm upset because you'd think after all I've been though, Flaming Nut could at least give me a decent bounty! Buggy the Clown Pirate has more bits on his head then me and he sucks at being a pirate! The only reason he's a decent pirate in the show at all is his Bara Bara no Mi powers. I've got a glove of mass destruction, the power to see far away (referring to Zoom), decent magic, and the power t level whole buildings! Can't that psycho put a higher bounty on me!"

Flash just stares at you before laughing and saying,

"While it was a funny One Piece reference, the bounty he has on you is probably better in your case compared to the one Celestia has on you."

You look at him confused and ask,

"I thought my bounty was still at 756,000 bits?"

Flash laughs slightly as he finishes tying up the unconscious traitors. He then turns towards you and says,

"Offender, your bounty is now 8,675,309 Bits."

Your jaw drops as you yell in surprise,

"WHATTTTTT?!"

Flash just sighs as he drags your now cuffed hooves towards the police station. Along the way you ask,

"By the way, just how were you able to tell those Guards were dirty?"

Flash smirks and says,

"Elementary my lame hooded suspect; Royal Guards typically have a set patrol path and schedule and thus always and only go to the Donut Shop within their patrol radius. Rick's is the closest doughnut place to where we were ate and the fact that Alonzo didn't know what that place was proof that he's out of his jurisdiction and possibly stained."

"That's actually pretty clever..."

"Thanks... But I don't think that means much coming from somepony who's plans involve sneaking into places by pretending to be a living box." Flash snarks, "Plus I have to spend Hearth's Warming Eve away from my mother and little brother thanks to you." he grumbles bitterly.

"Oh sorry about that..." you apologize guilty-ly.

Note to self: Get Nightshade her first Hearth's Warming Eve present...

ONE WALK LATER

You are lead into the station as “Flash’s Prisoner”. You start screaming crazy things at the top of your lungs that make you sound extremely insane.
“What you got there flyboy?” asks a guard.
“Another lunatic claiming to be the offender, these guys just keep coming out the woodwork.”
“I LIKE CHEESE!” you yell, “ALIENS STOLE MY BRAIN! THE ELVES IN MY NOSE ARE FILTHY COMMIES!”
Everyone just assumes you are a nutjob as he puts you in an interrogation room.
“Alright, sit tight while I grab the captain.”
“DON’T EAT MY MOTHER IN LAW!” you yell
“You don’t have to keep doing that.” He chides
“Sorry, kind of got lost in the moment.”

As Flash leads a hoofcuffed you into the station (with him carrying the Inventory), you start screaming crazy things at the top of your lungs that make you sound extremely insane,

"Attica! Attica! My name is Michael J Caboose and I. Hate. Babies!"

“What you got there flyboy?” asks a guard.

“Another lunatic claiming to be the offender, these guys just keep coming out the woodwork-”

“I LIKE CHEESE!” you yell, “ALIENS STOLE MY BRAIN! THE ELVES IN MY NOSE ARE FILTHY COMMIES!”

"Four doors on the left" the guard bluntly says.

As you are dragged into a interrogation room by Flash you see your Wanted Poster which looks the same as it used to back when you first saw it with... her, but the picture has been updated to have your Horde symbol next to your picture, the newer bounty price, and some new reasons for arrest. Due to the fact that you were still being dragged by Flash, you didn't have time to read it, but you did spot new charges like, "Mass hypnosis without a permit" and "Assisting Discord"

"For the last bucking time, I DIDN'T DO THAT!!!" you yell in annoyance as Flash roughly shoves you into a chair.

“Alright, sit tight while I get the captai-”

“DON’T EAT MY MOTHER IN LAW!” you yell.

“You don’t have to keep doing that.” He bluntly chides.

“Sorry, kind of got lost in the moment...” you sheepishly say before Flash rolls his eyes and leaves the room.

BrownDog77 Comment

When Flash returns, Shining Armor walks into the room with a disgusted look on his face.

“I almost couldn't believe it when Flash told me, but here you are...”

“Hey Captain... how’s Cadence doing?” you cheerfully ask, but the unicorn ignores you as he sits down and Flash stands at attention at the door.

“You have five minutes.” Shining says,

“To what?” you ask.

“To convince me why I shouldn't beat you to a pulp and bring you before the Princesses and the Elements for judgement.”

You gulp at that, because his eyes are scary looking, but then you say,

“Well 1. The last time you tried that it didn't end well for anyling, and 2. Like I told Savior of the Universe here,” Flash growls at that, “Something bad is about to happen, and you need to stop it.”

“Care to elaborate Bug?”

“Well...”

You then retell exactly what has happened to you and how this faction of the horde is radical, and how they caused the "accident".

“And that’s about it.” You end.

Shining looks a bit disturbed at this,

“So, a radical faction of your fan club is planning on overthrowing the Princesses and starting a war, all because of the fact that you exist?”

“Oh come on, don’t say it like that!” you wail, "It's all that psycho Flag Burner's idea!"

"I heard that name before..." Shining says in a thinking tone, "The rumors say he's a pony who blames a great personal loss on the Princesses and has sent many angry letters to them... including my wife" he growls at the last part, "But there is no official record of a pony named 'Flag Burner' officially existing..."

He then gets up as he says,

“Well thanks for the information... Bugze.” you gasp as he says this, “But what you've said doesn't really help us much even if it were true. We can’t exactly search the entire city at once, and everywhere is crowded thanks to the Hearth’s Warming Eve shopping. Whatever this 'Flag Burner' has planned could be anywhere.”

“Then start doing sweeps or something!” You exclaim.

“Not to mention, I don’t know who to trust in this city, Anypony could be one of your Horde members.”

“Come on! We have to do something!”

“We are, we are going to place you under arrest and let the whole city know, that should shake things up a bit.” Shining says plainly.

“Oh Come ON!” you yell.

Suddenly, you all hear a loud noise. You all look outside your window to see a giant projected image of a hooded black faceless figure reflected on the cloudy snowy sky.

"Flag Burner..." you growl as you further notice that he is standing on a Hoofball field while other members of the horde (also wearing their hoods and cloaks) stand around him.

“It is just like Batmane Rises! Well, except we can probably understand what he’ll say.” you say aloud.

Shining and Flash shoot you a look before Flag begins speaking,

“Greetings to you ponies of Equestria, and Happy Early Hearth's Warming Eve, I bring to you tidings of joy for I am the Hooded Offender, and I have come to let you know of the changing tide...”

“Oh no,” you say as you watch the projection before you reach across the table, grab Shining, and yell in panic,

"LOOK. YOU'VE GOT TO HELP ME NOW OR ALL THOSE PONIES ARE DEAD! WE NEED A PLAN AND WE NEED ONE NOW!"

Flash pulls you off of Shining as the unicorn asks,

"Get a hold of yourself! And why would you suddenly start caring about what happens to ponies?"

You stop as you stare at him in pure despair as you say,

"I... I don't want anypony to die."

Shining sighs before he puts on a thinking face. A few seconds later he says,

"Okay, the plan is-"

What do you do?

Author's Note:

What's Shining's plan to stop the insane Flag Burner? Find out next time when you write it out in the next episode of Die Hoard!

Hello Hive Mind! I hope you had a great Christmas!

Now, next chapter is the last three day chapter, so as soon as that ones done we can go back to the good old chapter every two day schedule.

Now, to everyone who's comments didn't get used. I want you to all hold onto those ideas for later. They were all really good, but using them in this chapter would have rushed it. But seriously, keep those ideas in your minds for later!

Just a reminder Hive Mind that due to the Princesses not wanting to spread panic, the fact that the Hooded Offender is a changeling is a highly confidential need-to-know secret that only a few (like the Mane 6, all 3 Princesses, Shining Armor, and possibly Zecora) know.

Also, no comments reveling that Bugze is a changeling/the Hooded Offender yet. Kinda too early don't you all think.

Now, as for last chapters question answer

I liked them all!

Today's question is...

What is the worst Christmas special of all time?

There's always gonna be a sour candy in a bag of sweet ones. So which special do you think is the worst?

BYE!

PreviousChapters Next