• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 74: The Nightmare Begins (Season Finale Part 1)

BrownDog's Comment

“No, No, NO! This can’t be true, IT CAN’T!”

You read the plaque once again.

“It’s not possible, I wasn’t even here!” you shout.

We did just come in a time machine, mayhaps this is the future? guesses Selena.

“B-but why? Why would I do this? Why would I do this to Braeburn, Fluttershy…Nightshade?”

“Why you ask? Why indeed? Why would a monster like you possible do this?” says a familiar Dark Voice.

“You?!” both you and Selena shout.

“Yes me, hello friends, how’s the weather?” smirks Shadow Bugze’s voice.

“We fried you, you miserable little cockroach!” shouts Selena.

“Yeah, but just like your precious Bugze, I’m a lot harder to kill,” he snarks back.

“Get out of here, I don’t have time for you!” you shout.

“Oh why is that? Getting emotional over your most crowning achievement?”

“I DIDN’T DO THS!” you shout aloud, “Appleloosa is my home! And I couldn’t have murdered the Deadly 6…or my own Daughter…I couldn’t have.” You lament.

Suddenly there is a dark Shimmer to your right and Shadow Bugze materializes! Your eyes widen in shock, but before you can do anything your body suddenly freezes up. You grunt as you try to move, but nothing works. Shadow you chuckles at your attempts before he asks you in a haunting whisper,

“Are you sure about that?”

Before you can even blink he places a hoof on the side of your head. A sharp pain spikes through your skull as your prospective shifts. You find yourself looking through somelings eyes as if there your own. You try to move, but your body doesn't respond. Suddenly your head moves as if it had a mind of its own.

You are surrounded by broken and burning buildings dead guards and civilians line the streets after some massive battle. Your body moves by itself as it runs to a familiar looking shack and you see a yellowish hoof sticking out from under the collapsed material.

“Braeburn…no…” a voice laments, and shockingly, it’s yours.

The perspective turns and you run towards the back and you hear ragged breathing.

The broken debris is thrown off with magic, and underneath is Nightshade, crushed and broken.

“NOOOOO!!! No, Baby, NO!”

Your hooves wrap around her on their own as your voice continues,

“It’s OK, daddy’s got you, everything will be alright, daddy’s got you…”

“Daaa…dddyy…” she sighs as her eyes begin to lose their brightness.

“No baby don't do this to me. Stay awake honey, come in honey stay away from the light. Come on baby your all I have left you can't do this to me. Come on baby....please."

Your voices pleads are ignored as Nightshades chest stops moving, her hoof falls limply to her side. And her eyes close for the final time. You can feel tears falling from your eyes relentlessly as you stare at your daughters body. Suddenly you feel thousands of emotions exploding at you at ounce.

Pain, sadness, grief, confusion, shock, guilt, and anger.

No... She wasn't ready.

"GGGGGRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
Your voice and the DFV scream out at the top of your lungs in anguish, and hold her close as you begin crying uncontrollable.

You lose track of time. You don't know how long you've been holding her. It could have been hours, minutes, or even seconds, but you didn't care, all you feel was anger, grief, and pain.

You hear something behind you.

"Why...?" you say through a sob.

They did this...

You hear a sniffle behind you and then see a yellow hoof touch your shoulder.

“Hoody…” sniffles Fluttershy,

It's all because of them! Again!

"I had friends... a home... a family..." you sob as you gesture to your dead daughter in your arms, "Why couldn't you all just leave us alone...?"

They took everything from us because you were too weak!

“I’m sorry…I’m so so sorry. We didn’t want this, any of this…I’m sorry,” she says with tears in her eyes, but you look from her to your child in your arms. Her lifeless eyes staring into yours. Eyes that held so much joy in them. Eyes that would give you hope and love whenever you saw them. Eyes that held utter terror in their final moments.

KILL THEM! UNLEASH ME AND END THEM ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

You feel a piercing pain in your head as you drop your daughter's body and your hooves fly to your head as it starts to twitch, midnight-colored wisps starting to surround your body as you yell in pain.

“Hoody!” Fluttershy exclaims in shock.

You feel darkness seeping into your heart and mind, all you can feel is pain as you start to rapidly remember all your friends, your home, and your daughter. Now all gone...

The DFV gives out an evil chuckle before she takes control of your mouth and says,

"Assuming direct contr-"

*shatter*

What?!

Under the pressure of a the grief, pain, and rage, your mind shatters. The darkness that was taking control is instead sucked into the cracks as you feel your mind twisting and merging, a new personality taking form...

You begin to laugh. It’s soft at first, but it begins to get louder and louder and more out of control.

"H-Hoody!", Fluttershy backs up from you in fright.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-,” your laughter stops abruptly as you turn around and face the frightened Pegasus.

"You just couldn't leave it alone, could you?!"

"H-" Fluttershy starts,

"Even when we ran to the corners of Equestria, finding a place to raise our daughter and behaving ourselves, you ponies just HAD to keep chasing just cause we didn't fit your colorful worldview!" you continue as your voice starts to take on a higher, more distorted tone.

She's about to respond, but a Nightmare tail lashes out and wraps itself around her throat.

"You took EVERYTHING from us!!!"

“Grugghhh!” she gasps as she is lifted up.

“But if that's how your kind wants to play, FINE! No more running! It's time for YOU to live in fear for a change!”

“I… gluh…” she chokes out as you bring her closer to your face.

"Cause now that our dreams are dead!"

*SNAP*

Her neck suddenly goes to the side at an unnatural angle before you drop the lifeless husk before you,

"All that's left is a nightmare..."

Your voice laughs again in pure insanity as more Nightmare Tails grow out of your body and you start to feel more violent changes...

“FLUTTERSHY!!!!” scream five voices.

In front of you are the rest of the Deadly 6, shock and anger spread all over their face.

The Filly Fooler rushes forth, “I’LL BUCKING KILL YOU!!!” she shouts.

Your tails ensnare her however, and you begin laughing as you lose yourself too the madness. Soon, you and the DFV become one. You tear off the Filly Fooler’s wings and throw her down as she screams in agony.

“OH SWEET CELESTIA!!!” screams Tacky McStabflank.

You laugh uncontrollably again before you stare at the ponies insanely before saying,

“Oh, don’t worry little ponies, Celestia isn’t here, but your new god is, and he’s fresh out of mercy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

Your body then begins to walk towards them while you are laughing insanely.

Suddenly, you feel yourself being pulled back from the perspective, but still images and sounds flash through your mind. You see all of the Deadly Six’s lifeless bodies, each broken and bloodied. Each on worse then the last.

“No, No, Please", *Crunch*

“Graaaagghhhhh!!!” *Splorch*

“Nooooooo!!!” *Tear*

“Why? Why?... *Rip* AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

“I’ll see you in tartarus varmint!" *Smash*

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

Suddenly, your flashed to your mind scape. As soon as you do you collapse to the ground in both horror and disgust. If this wasn't your mind scape you were sure you would have thrown up. Selena soon pops up next to you and tries to comfort you, but before she can your Shaodw forms in front of you. You glare at him as you shakily get to your hooves and yell out through your tears,

Grey Rebel's Comment

"I could fix this! I could bucking fix this!"

Your dark side cackles before he says,

"Fix what? There's NOTHING to fix!"

"I'm gonna change it! I have a time traveler to help!"

"Change?" Suddenly, the mocking tone your dark side had turned into one of enragement.

"Change?! Change this world? Change your future? Don't make me laugh! You can't even change yourself, changeling!" He spat that last word in disgust.

You couldn't help but feel helpless to his verbal assault, the weight of your emotions being too much to bear. You can feel your hooves begin to buckle in sadness when Selena gets in front of you protectively. She gives you a saddened look before she turns back to your shadow and yells angrily,

"Enough! Your words mean nothing! Like we'd even listen to your ilk!"

Sadly, Selena's defense to you was nothing but ignored as your shadow continues his verbal assault,

"Look at you!"

Your Shadow pushes Selena out of the way as he makes you stare down at your own hooves before he continues,

"Teeming with bitterness and killing intent, already with blood in your hooves. You're so weak willed and naive that you couldn't even bring yourself to control it. After so long since you got your powers, and even longer your hatchling-hood rage and misery, you still couldn't change yourself into a being able to wield it!" You then hear the last thing that you didn't want to here, "And you want to protect with that power? Who wants to be protected by a bloodthirsty monster?"

"Noling..." you mutter. You agree, too, because you know. You knew, ever since the Fillydelphia incident, ever since you decided to let the Hooded Offender's name die, that your time as hero came to an end. Because you became your worst nightmare that Hearthswarming.

A nightmare that no one loves.

"Pah!," your darkside spat, "No purpose, no will, the world doesn't bucking need a changling who would be willing to throw away their own name. You wallow in your own self pity, too afraid to show your face to the world, while your own ideal world just crumbles around you!"

You collapses from the emotional trauma. Selena's eyes widen at this as she rushes back over to your downed from. She rams your Shadow away as she yells,

"Stop!"

"And you!" He addresses Selena after getting back up. "Eternal night that! Kill foalnappears this! You're the same, always seduced by your darkest desires at an impulse! You can't control the world if you can't even control yourself!"

The words became ghastly whispers, striking your soul to the core as Shadow Bugze said with resolute finality,

"Look around you now. This was your doing, when you finally snapped and decided to buck with the world that bucked with you first. Everywhere you'd gone, there already walked before the destruction and rule of a new King. This is where your kingdom comes— This is where your Nightmare Comes."

You don't know if he was talking to you or Selena, but you didn't say anything. You couldn't say anything. Because he was right. Your Shadow looks like he's about to go at it again when...

BrownDog's Comment

“Bugze, Bugze! Wake up!” shouts the Doctor from far away.

Suddenly you are back in your own body, lying on the ground in the fetal position with the Doctor shaking you.

“Bugze, we have to go now, this is wrong, all very wrong!” says the Doctor.

“Of course it’s wrong, everything about you is unnatural,” says Shadow, still in his original position from when he invaded your mind.

“Get away from him you filth!” shouts Selena as you notice a dark mist around your head and Shadow Bugze stumbling backwards.

“Bugze, are you OK?” she asks. Apparently your Shadows speech in your head didn't effect her as much as it did you, but you don't care as all you can do is stutter out with tears running down your face,

“I…I…”

“What’s the matter? Can’t handle the truth? Can’t own up to your actions?!” Shadow says in anger.

“I-I didn’t…I…couldn’t…”

“Of course you didn’t my boy, of course you didn’t” says the Doctor as he picks you up.

“But you did, you did and you enjoyed it, because you two finally stopped kidding yourselves. You finally became what you were always meant to be. A maniac, A Psycho Killer, A Monster!” says Shadow

“Leave him alone!” Selena shouts using your mouth.

The Doctor looks taken aback.

“What? But I was just…”

“Why should I? This is just as much your fault as his. It’s all you ever wanted!” shouts Shadow

“Shut up!” Selena shouts looking to the left of the Doctor.

“Who are you screaming at?” he asks, but again he is ignored.

“It’s all either of you always dreamed, blood in the streets, fear in the air, a world on fire,” he points behind you and beyond the TARDIS you see an orange glow on the horizon.

“No…” you whimper as you run back to the TARDIS the Doctor and Derpy running after you.

“Congratulations,” the Shadow you says. You don’t see him as he glances at the memorial.

“Congratulations…” he sighs in sadness as he fades away.

When you enter the TARDIS, you turn to the Doctor.

“Doctor! Show me the rest of the world!”

“Bugze, I don’t think…”

“Show me!” you shout.

He closes his eyes and sighs as he pulls a monitor out. And what you see...is something out of a true horror.

You see Manehattan and buildings are crumpled, craters dart the landscape.

You then materialize over Las Pegasus, it too is wrecked, but there are bodies of beaten and broken dragons everywhere.

Cloudsdale has crashed into the ground and is burning, you can see torn Wonderbolt uniforms and cracked goggles.

The Everfree Forest is burning out of control and beyond that Ponyville…and its gone. Only one large crater is where the town originally was.

“I, I can’t…Doc…who did this?” you whimper.

He sighs, “You did Bugze,” he answers causing your heart to jump into your throat, “At least you would have.”

“What does that mean?!” you shout, “And you better give me a straight answer this time!”

The Doctor sighs again before he says,

Kichi's Comment

"I can't tell you, you know, timey wimey... The Doctor begins to say, but you grab him from the neck and say,

"Stop! No enigmas, no stupid answers... Now! Tell Me! Doctor! What the buck happened! What the buck is that Nightmare and how can I repair it?"

"Bugze, no! Plese don't damage the Doctor!" Says Derpy

"Then answer me! Tell me Derpy, what if it was Dinky the name that was in there?" You ask

"I..." Derpy begins to say before she gets a sad look and is about to say something, but is interrupted when the Doctor yells,

"Ditzy! Wait!"

"Tell me Doctor, what happened and how can I change it?" Asks

"I tried to tell you, Fillydelphia, the dragons..." The Doctor begins to say, but you have enough as you yell

"STOP WITH THE BUCKING ENIGMAS!"

Tears begin to flow again as you whisper,

"Please Doc...just tell me what the buck is going on. What happened after I left Ponyville"

The Doctor looks at you for a few moments, before he sighs heavily and says,

Kropsling66's Comment

"Very well, I will tell you…just know that this doesn’t have anything to do with you leaving Ponyville, other consequences have come about because of that decision.”

"FINE THEN! Tell me!" you reply

The doctor takes a seat next to you and begins telling you how some of this started.

"Do you remember when you left Ponyville two days ago?"

"Yes I do I was chasing after some old members of the hive. Those bug brains foal napped my daughter and asked me to help them get back to my ex-queen and the rest of the hive." You sigh when you have a flashback to that before saying, "And when I got Nightshade back…well you can guest the rest of the story."

The doctor nods at this before he says,

"Yes that is true. However you didn't return to Ponyville with Nightshade and a forest fire consumed your trail. Flash Sentry went out to go and look for you but all he found was your scarf that you have left behind."

"My scarf? I thought that great piece of clothing burned in the forest fire."

The doctor clears his throat before saying,

"It did…Anyway when Flash returned with the news everypony was shocked. Your mare friends took it the worst as did Nightshade's friends. Some held out for hope…but as time went on, it was lost.”

You looked down taking in the Doctor’s words.

Then Doctor continues,

"The whole town set up a funeral for Nightshade and you, or rather BST because of the burnt scarf and the bloody cave.”

The Doctor hoofs you a newspaper.

The headline says,

Lost But Not Forgotten

Local Resident Baker Sylvester Tennant and his Daughter Nightshade have officially been declared dead. During the Dragon Migration, BST was seen chasing a group of changelings into the Everfree Forest as they had foalnapped his child. A forest fire blocked search parties from entering the woods immediately. When it had subsided, the search teams scoured the forest. Within hours, local Musician Flash Sentry found evidence of a grisly scene. Other parties searched for days, but no other trail could be found. The search parties had been called off as all hope has been lost. The involvement of Changelings comes just a month after the Fillydelphia riots where Changelings were said to be reported. As such, Changelings sweeps will be conducted across Equestria.

“We are going to make them pay for what they have done!” said an outraged Rainbow Dash.

This tragedy will not go unpunished. May we never forget the local extravagant and his sweet little daughter. RIP.

You see a picture of you and Nightshade from Pinkie’s party.

Another wave of tears flow from your eyes as you think,

Oh buck did I mess up big time.

You look back at the Doctor as you ask him,

"Doctor... what happened after the funeral? I need to know."

The Doctor shakes his head before he says,

"Sorry Bugze, but that's for you to decide…but this situation…this…” he turns back around.

BrownDog's Comment

“This Bugze,” he points to the monitors, “This is why I’ve been keeping tabs on you, this is why I haven’t given you any answers. This is the real reason you’ve been in my “Debt.”

“Is this my future?” you ask.

“No, Not any more it’s not. I made sure of it! I did! This makes no sense!” he shouts to the inside of the TARDIS. “Unless…” he thinks before running off to a console and begins typing stuff.

“What do you mean you stopped this Doc?” you shout.

“We saw this future together, so we both decided to help you, to keep this from happening,” answers Derpy.

“You Knew?!” you shout.

“Yes, we didn’t want to tell you for your own safety. That’s why we made up the debt so that we had a reason to keep an eye on you, and to help you” she says.

“Wait, there is no debt?”

“Did you honestly think Nightshade could’ve eaten that much in bits? If she could, you wouldn’t be able to afford to raise her.” The Doctor calls over his shoulder.

“We did it to help you Bugze,” Derpy says.

“Help me? HELP ME!? Well it looks like your help isn’t that effective Time Lord!” you shout.

“Oh really? Had you never left Appleloosa to fight Discord, you would’ve spent a whole year in hiding, never learning anything new, still thinking that the princesses wanted Nightshade dead, never making new friends or learning of the Horde, and dear Selena would still be the angry, genocidal Nightmare Moon.”

Oh is that a fact Timelord? she says.

The Doctor looks directly into your eyes and says, “Yes,” causing Selena to gasp.

“Whoa, you can hear her?”

He doesn’t answer you and continues speaking to her,

“If Discord had not threatened Nightshade, you would never have come to the realization that you too loved her, as a daughter, instead of the thing you originally thought her as.”

“…”

“Originally thought as? What’s he talking about Selena?”

I will tell you later…he does make a good point.

You nod your head at this before you ask the Doctor,

I wonder if the Doctor tried to keep him in Ponyville to stop this somehow..

"Is that why you made me stay in Ponyville? So that this wouldn't have happened?"

The Doctor nods his head before he says,

"Yes.I figured the safest place for you to be without causing this future was there. Being surrounded by the Elements would have made sure you didn't draw on the Nightmare's power and Nightshade would be able to make friends with foals her age. I placed a simple perception filter on you both to make it a bit easier on you."

You glare at the Doctor angrily as you say,

“First of all, we need to talk about your definition of 'safe.' Secondly, that’s all fine and dandy, but guess what Doc, the world is still burning!”

“I know, and I think I know why,” he says.

The Console Dings.

“So that’s it then…” he sighs, “This is a universe in which I don’t exist, or have died. No mention of me through history, and no sign of any of the deeds I’ve done.”

“An alternate universe? How did we get here?” you ask.

“Your tantrum broke something in the TARDIS, she sent us here, but we’ve got to get back. I can fix her, but I’ll need time.”

You nod your head at this, but you can't help but ask...

You find when the guard found this world's version of you, there was a great battle and this world's Nightshade was killed in the crossfire.
This world's Offender went mad with grief and destroyed everything.

"Doc...how did I turn into...that?"

The Doctor sighs before saying,

"You never left Appaloosa after the Gala, but you were eventually found out. The Princess sent out a battalion of guard's and the Elements of Harmony to arrest you. However the townsfolk didn't take too kindly that the Princess wanted to arrest you. You'd gained their trust and vise versa. They swore to protect you, but you wanted them to run and hide. They listened and went into hiding. When the guards arrived an all out war struck. Half the town was destroyed before Braeburn got caught in the crossfire trying to protect you. Enraged you decimated the guards, destroying everything in your path. When you regained your senses it was too late, they were all dead. The townsfolk, Nightshade, everypony…" he winces and sighs, “I suppose you know the rest?”

You just stare at him in pure sadness, but eventually you nod your head. You sigh before saying,

"I knew...I knew I would lose control. But...but for this to happen. I just...nevermind."

Shaking it off, you ask the Doctor,

"How long do you think it will take to fix the TARDIS?"

The Doctor looks at you and says,

"Too long. I could fix the physical damage, but we need energy. And there's no time crack anywhere near this place. For now we just need to-"

A light starts dinging on a console, so he presses it. Schematics display across the screen.

“Oh dear, it’ll take longer than I thought,” he muses.

“You know what’s wrong?” you ask.

“Yes, but there’s good news and bad news,”

“Kay, what’s the good news,” asks Derpy.

“I can still fix it, I have everything I need more or less…” he says.

“The Bad News?” you ask.

“The TARDIS is also suffering magical damage, so we have to go the most magical place left on the planet to diffuse it…,”

“Whinny World?” you suddenly blurt out, hoping against all hope that happy little Walter Wombat can help.

The Doctor shakes his head “Canterlot” he says.

Derpy just gasps at this.

“Uh…what’s so bad about that? Surely it can’t be any worse than any of the other cities.”

“Oh it is Bugze, Canterlot is the last city in Equestria not destroyed by your…the other you’s rampage.”

“I’m…He’s still out there?” you say.

“Yes, and heaven help us if we run into him,” he says with a shudder.

“But, then Canterlot should be safe right, if it’s still standing?”

“It’s the last stronghold, where literally everyone left is looking for a murderous monster…a monster with your blood.”

You come to the realization that you’re basically entering a lion’s den.

“Oh Buck…”

“Indeed, and with the damage the TARDIS took, I can’t cloak her. A big blue box suddenly appearing is sure to draw some heads when we get there, and if they find you…”

“It won’t be pretty” You finish.

“Doctor, is this the only way?” asks Derpy.

He nods, “Unfortunately yes, the old girl never did like magic, but we’ll need a diffuser if we’re ever going to escape this reality.”

You sigh, “Then let’s get this over with Doc, before anything else goes wrong.”

Canterlot

The TARDIS materializes in Canterlot. On the monitors, you see that the whole city has a gigantic magical forcefield around it, supplied by hundreds of Unicorns. Armed guards of every race patrol the streets, you even see a few griffons around.

“OK Doc, now where do we find this diffuser?” you ask.

He chuckles and rubs his head, “You’re not going to like the answer,” he sheepishly responds.

Your eyes widen, “No…”

“You and Selena are using Shadow Magic on an Alicorn level…which is not surprising seeing as how she’s an Alicorn…” he says.

“Please don’t tell me…” you plead.

“Sorry Bugze, but diffusing Alicorn Magic is a pretty dangerous tool right now, so it’ll be in the safest place, which is…”

“Don’t you say it…”

He sighs, “The Palace…” he finishes.

You bang your head against the wall of the TARDIS.

“Buck! *TWANG* You! *TWANG* Lady! *TWANG* Luck!

Author's Note:

In in another dimension Lady Luck still uses Bugze like a punching bag.

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Your reactions were all interesting (especially yours TheLunarRepublic2244), and yesterday's other question answer is...

I'm loving this ending. And the funniest moment? Dr. Quacksalver.
And Ghidorah vs Smaug...

Thank you Solarkness for this answer. Those bits were funny, but my personal favorite was the Discord fight. Come on that thing was full of references and gags, how could you not find it funny?

Today's two questions are

What was your reaction to this chapter?

and

What is your favorite moment of season 2?

Come on, tell me all your secr-I mean answers!

PreviousChapters Next