• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 45: To Stop A Revolution...

Just because Bugze cursed Lady Luck for no reason, I'm gonna have this happen:
A bucket of water falls on your head, soaking you completely as two colts open the door, "Hahah! Another one soaked to the core!" The one on the left says
"I told you everypony would fall for it!" Says the one on the right.
You feel as though somepony out there is laughing at you as you mutter curses.

"Curse you lady luck."

The door opens in acknowledgment of the pass-phrase and you walk in...

*splash*

And a bucket of water placed on top of the door falls on your head causing two colts at a nearby table to laugh.

"Hahah! Another one soaked to the core!" The one on the left says

"I told you everypony would fall for it!" Says the one on the right.

"Guess I said it too early..." you mutter under your breath while mumbling curses that colts their age should never know exists.

As you are taking off the bucket, you hear a deep, threatening voice say from behind the colts,

"Boys..."

The two colts gulp in fear before they rush past you screaming,

"RUN FOR IT! BULK IS COMING!"

You stare at the clots in confusion, but just shrug your wet shoulders before you turn around... and squeak in fear. For in front of you is...

He door opens and a huge white pegasus with tiny wings looks you over with scrutiny
You: Holy Luna this guy is huge!
You realize you said that out loud and stammer but stop when you see him smiling
BB: Thanks, I try my best. Have a seat at the bar, we’re still waiting for one of our vice presidents.
You walk in and see about 10 ponies sitting on stools while Berry behind the bar. Some of them you know, like Lyra, Bon Bon, Fluttershy, Vinyl, Octavia, that pegasus that dropped the flowerpot on Twilights head, but then there are some you don’t know. One is a black pegasus stallion with a Mohawk (you’ve seen him around town), another is a stallion who you swear looks exactly like the Doctor, only he’s grey and has a bunch of clovers for a cutie mark. There’s also an older unicorn stallion with a thick mustache and Hawaiian shirt on who seems overly cheerful, and the mare with the glasses who is the Mayor’s assistant.

A huge white pegasus with tiny wings looks you over with scrutiny in his intense red eyes...

"Holy Luna this guy is hug-ulp!"

You throw your hooves over your mouth when you realize you just blurted that out loud and stammer in fear,

"Don't worry Bulk! He's cool." Berry Punch says from behind the bar.

At this, Bulk smiles and says,

"Thanks, I try my best. Have a seat at the bar."

With that, you walk towards the bar as Bulk walks in the opposite direction to deal with a brown earth pony in a black waistcoat that looks like he had a little too much to drink.

You see some ponies sitting on stools while Berry is behind the bar. Some of them you know, like Lyra, Bon Bon, Fluttershy, Vinyl, Octavia, that pegasus that dropped the flowerpot on Crazilight's head, but then there are some you don’t know. One is a black pegasus stallion with a Mohawk (you’ve seen him around town with his younger brother Rumble), another is an older unicorn stallion with a thick mustache and Aloha shirt on who seems overly cheerful, and a earth pony mare with glasses who you recognize as the Mayor’s assistant.

You stare at the mayor's assistant in confusion and can't help but think,

Why is she an elite Horde member of all ponies? Isn't she technically with the government? And the government really hates me... or loves me considering they get all the pork that results when I trash someplace. Or maybe she's disgruntled over being passed over for a raise or promotio- Wait, wasn't there a unicorn version of her that served Solar Flan- GAH! Brain Overload! Keep it simple bug... Oh well... Hey, I've got someling on the inside! Ohohooh, if I ever need to make a quick escape she's the one who can help me get information on how to get outta town.

With that thought in mind, you smile behind your scarf and face mask as you sit down next to the Aloha-shirted pony. As you do sit down, you see Fluttershy and she sees you and...

Fluttershy waves to you and smiles, but then goes back to preparing a stack of papers that you guess is her notes. You sit down at a stool next to the older unicorn stallion, and Berry puts a small glass in front of you.
BP: On the house
You: What is it?
B: It’s Apple Cider of course
You: Oh sweet
You slam it back but then began hacking and choking because your throat burns, causing the mustached stallion to begin patting your back
Magnum: Whoa there, easy fella, you gotta know your limits don’t ya know?
You note that he’s got a thick Mineighsotan accent
You: I thought I did! What kind of Cider is that?
BP: I call it AppleJack, because it packs quite a kick, ha ha ha
You: What’s in it?!
BP: I may have mixed some Jack Spaniels into it.
She smirks and holds up a bottle of booze that has a sophisticated Diamond Dog on it with a pipe and smoking jacket.
You: Water! Water!
BP: Ya I thought as much
She gives you a pitcher and you start downing the whole thing.

waves to you and smiles, but then goes back to preparing a stack of papers that you guess is her notes. You sit down at a stool next to the older unicorn stallion,

"Did you see the sunrise this morning?" you hear the unicorn suddenly mutter into his drink (a long-neck bottle of beer that reads "Old Düsseldorf"... Sounds like a Griffin brand, but you barely remember your grandbuggy mentioning that the brand is actually brewed in Baltimare during that time he was teaching you drinking games... Long story short, there's a reason you can't stand alcohol).

Before you could ask what he meant by that, Berry puts a small glass in front of you saying,

"On the house."

"Thanks, but what is it?" you ask.

"It’s Apple Cider of course."

"Oh sweet!", You exclaim before slamming it back in one gulp, but then your throat and tongue burn and you began hacking and choking, causing the mustached stallion to begin slapping your back... hard.

"Whoa there, easy fella, you gotta know your limits don’t ya know?"

As you calm down, you note that he’s got a thick Mineighsotan accent.

"I thought I did!" you cough, "What kind of bucking Cider is that?"

"I call it AppleJack, because it packs quite a kick, ha ha ha.", Berry says as she chuckles at her own joke.

"What’s in it?!"

"I mix of hard cider and Jack Spaniels." She smirks as she holds up a bottle of booze that has a sophisticated Diamond Dog on it with a pipe and smoking jacket.

"Water! Water!" You beg.

"Ya I thought as much." Berry Punch says as she gives you a pitcher and you start chugging the whole thing as quickly as you can.

Berry just looks at you in confusion and asks,

"You know, I've seen plenty of stallions and mares up-chuck that stuff from downing it to fast, but you did it ten times worse then the others. What's the story there?"

She leans in closer to you when she asked that with a look full of curiosity. After you finish downing the water pitcher, you tell her,

"Because I can't standalcohol, I hate it and me getting drunk is not good for anypony."

Berry looks horrified as she rears back and says,

"How can you hate alcohol! Alcohol is the drink of the alicorns!"

She then grabs a nearby bottle of what looks lite rum and begins to pet it while whispering,

"It's okay, mamma's here. Mamma loves you, don't let the mean stallion offended you. Mamma loves you, yes she does, yes she does."

As you and the other stallion stare at Berry, the other stallion turns to you and says,

With her gone you strike up a conversation with the guy next to you and find out his name is Magnum and he used to be a private investigator. He also happens to be Sweetie Belle and Tacky McStabFlanks’ Dad. Apparently he joined because Sweetie was so enthused about the Offender, even though his wife doesn’t know.

"Sorry about Ms. Berry, she gets... protective whenever somepony talks bad of alcohol."

You continue to stare at Berry as she now starts to kiss the rum like a mother would kiss her daughter.

"I've noticed."

The other stallion holds out his hoof to you and says,

"The names Hondo "Magnum" Flanks, ex-private investigator of Ponyville."

You shake his hoof and say,

"Nice to meet you Magnum, my names Te-"

Magnum holds up his hoof to stop you as he says,

"I know who you are, Baker Sylvester Tennant. Even if I wasn't an ex-P.I., my daughter told me all about how 'cool' you are and how your daughter is the best friend she could have."

You chuckle in embarrassment at the compliment, and can't help but ask,

"Hehheh, thanks. And if she's friends with my daughter, then I might know her. Who is she?"

Magnum smiles as he says,

"One of my pride and joys, Sweetie Belle."

"Oh your Sweetie's father..."

You trail off as you realize what that means and blurt out,

"THAT MEANS YOU'RE TACKY MCSTABBY FLANK'S FATHER TOO!"

Some of the other elite Horde members turn towards you in surprise from your outburst (while Lyra and Bon Bon merely laugh at the mention of Rarity's nickname) before they go back to their own conversations. You sweat drop at how fast they lost interest, when you hear Magnum chuckle as he says,

"Yes, I get that reaction alot. But it's true. I'm also the father of one of the Offender's enemies. Talk about luck huh. One of my daughters is a huge fan (half the reason I joined you know), the other hates his guts and my wife doesn't know anything about it..."

You barely notice the hint of anger in his voice when he said that as you look at Magnum with sympathy as you say,

"Oh dude... that's gotta suck. A whole family divided by their views of the Offender..."

You then think guilty,

I pretty much divided whole stinking family. Another reason the Offender should have stayed dead. And another reason why I just should have left for good... Note to self: Go easy on Rarity next time I have to fight her.

Your guilty thoughts are interrupted when Magnum asks,

"Say, you told Berry that you being drunk is a bad thing, what's the deal with that?"

You sigh as you say,

"Whenever I get drunk, I go into 'drunken monster' mode. I literally lose consciousness, but my body keeps moving. One time, I got drunk once from a prank back in the town I used to live in. When I come to the next day, half the town is destroyed and I had to rebuild and find a lot of stuff. Thank Luna for WD-40, vise-grips, and duct tape."

Magnum gulps nervously as he says,

"Yikes, that's got to suck."

You nod your head morbidly and are about to say something, when you hear a voice in your head say (or rather yell),

S: Wha-WHAT?! Where are we? What’s going on?
You: Nothing, just choking
S: NO! WHAT IS THIS?! WEREN’T WE JUST IN A HOSPITAL? WHERE ARE WE?!
You: That was two days ago, we’re at the Horde meeting now.
S: WHAT?!
You: Ya, don’t you remember? I got operated on, read the end of Daring Do, ran away from ninjas (said fast “kissed the filly fooler”) and then went back to the farm and worked for the next two days
S: I have no recollection of these events at all…wait, what was that about a ki…
You: NOTHING!
S: Oookaaay…but that still doesn’t explain how I don’t remember the last 48 hours!
You: Well you were pretty high at the time
S: High?
You: Yeah, the Quack jammed a needle into my brain injected you full of stupid happy fun time drugs.
S: I WAS DRUGGED! ME?!
You: Eyup, and let me just say, you are all kinds of fun when you are stoned
S: GRRRRRRR
You: But maybe you should lay off it from now on Selly, you were gone in la la land until yesterday when I assumed you had passed out.
S: Oh if I find that doctor I am going to…wait, Selly?
You: Ya, you know, since you didn’t want me calling you Nimmy anymore.
S: So you chose Selly instead? How is that even better?
You: Well technically it’s a nickname for the one you chose the other day
S: What? I chose?
You: Oh right, druggy times, well…
Flash Back, The Day Before Yesterday
You were reading a Batmane Comic Book after an unusually rough day of work. AJ kept glaring at you, and making you haul and carry mass amounts of loads in the wagon, and then had you plow a field, even though that was Big Red’s job. All the while you swear you kept hear her saying under her breath.
AJ: Dang Stallions, you’re all the same.
And
AJ: I’m gonna make that no good Rainbow pay
It didn’t help that Nightmare kept singing to you all day and laughing about how your cousin was jealous of your new girlfriend.
But all that was behind you as you sat on your cot reading the story while Night Shade was inside the house playing a board game with Applebloom.
The issue was pretty good, Batmane and Catmare had teamed together again and stopped The Joker from unleashing nerve gas into the City. As they stood together on a rooftop, Catmare tried to kiss the Bat, but he refused, and glided away leaving her looking sad.
You: Dang it Batmane, don’t you know that she loves you?! Poor poor Selena…
S: Awww…I feel for her. A Warrior of the night, scorned and abandoned by those she cares for and loves…I feel kinship with her for some reason.
You: I know right? Stupid Bruce Mane! Selena is perfect for him.
S: And her name is pretty too… I want it
You: Huh? Want what?
S: I want her name! Give it to me!
You: Selena? Really?
S: Yes! It is regal, beautiful, and dangerous, just like me!
You: Well alright then, Selena. Wow, can’t believe I was almost there with the whole “Celunza” thing
S: You’re still a dork for that (giggles) but yes! I shall now be the Catmare to your Batmane!
You: Umm…you know that means there’d be like a weird love/hate relationship and a lot of sexual tension between us if you use that analogy
S: Oh I know that my squishy little bug…I definitely know that (seductively)
Suddenly you get a flash of her wearing Catmane’s costume with her whip out and blood shoots out your nose
You:(Blush) OKAY! I’m aborting this conversation! I’m Reading, just reading!
S: (giggles)
Present
You: Then you started singing about how “Everything is Awesome”
S: I am definitely never doing drugs again (blushing) but…that name…Selena…I chose it?
You: Ya, do you like it or should we go back to Nimmy?
S: I…that name…Mine? My own? (confused/awed)
You: You alright?
S: …I am. Just…give me some time to think over things
And with that she stops talking

Wha-WHAT?! Where are we? What’s going on?

Just choking on alcohol while chatting with a member of a family I tore apart with my very existence.... you mentally reply sarcastically.

NO! WHAT IS THIS?! WEREN'T WE JUST IN A HOSPITAL BEING BUTCHERED BY A QUACK!? WHERE ARE WE?! she demands in a panic.

That was two days ago, we’re at the Horde meeting now.

WHAT?!

Yeah, don’t you remember? I got operated on, read the end of Daring Do, ran away from ninjas, kissedthefillyfooler, and then went back to the farm and worked for the next two days while Nightshade went to school.

I have no recollection of these events at all…wait, what was that about a ki-

NOTHING!

Oookaaay… but that still doesn't explain how I don’t remember the last 48 hours!

Well, you were pretty high at the time.

High?

Yeah, the Quack jammed a needle into my brain and injected you full of stupid happy fun time drugs.

I WAS DRUGGED! ME?! THE TRUE GODDESS OF THE NIGHT?!!

Eyup, and let me just say, you are all kinds of fun when you are stoned... you mentally tease.

GRRRRRRR

But maybe you should lay off it from now on Selly, you were gone in la la land until yesterday when I assumed you'd passed out.

If I find that 'doctor' I am going to- wait, Selly?

Ya, you know, since you didn't want me calling you Nimmy anymore.

So you chose Selly instead? How is that even better you imbecile?

Well technically it’s a shortened nickname for the name you chose the other day.

What? I chose?

Oh right, druggy times, well…

FLASHBACK, THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY

You were reading a Batmane Comic Book after an unusually rough day of work. Applejack kept glaring at you the whole time as she made you haul and carry heavy loads in the wagon and then had you plow a field... even though that was Big Red’s job! All the while you swear you kept hear her saying under her breath,

"Bucking Stallions, you’re all the same." And "I’m gonna make that no good Rainbow pay..."

It didn't help that Nightmare kept singing to you all day and laughing about how your cousin was jealous of your new marefriend, but all that was behind you as you sat on your cot reading the story while Nightshade was inside the house playing a board game with the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders after they came back from school.

The issue was pretty good, Batmane and Catmare had teamed together again and stopped The Joking from unleashing nerve gas into the City. As they stood together on a rooftop, Catmare tried to kiss the Bat, but he refused, and glided away leaving her looking sad.

"Dang it Batmane, don’t you know that she loves you?! Poor poor Selena…" you mutter out loud.

Awww…I feel for her. A Warrior of the night, scorned and abandoned by those she cares for and loves… I feel kinship with her for some reason... Nightmare Moon says in a still slightly drugged tone.

"I know right? Stupid Bruce Mane! Selena is perfect for him."

And her name is pretty too… I want it.

"Huh? Want what?"

I want her name! Yield it to me!

"Selena? Really?" you ask in doubtful surprise.

Yes! It is regal, beautiful, and dangerous, just like me!

"Well alright then... Selena it is. Wow, can’t believe I was almost there with the whole “Celunza” thing."

You’re still a dork for that. She giggles, But yes! I shall now be the Catmare to your Batmane!

"Umm… you know that means there’d be like a weird love/hate relationship and a lot of sexual tension between us if you use that analogy..."

Oh I know that my squishy little bug…I definitely know that... Selena says seductively.

*spurt*

Suddenly you get a flash of her wearing Catmane’s tight form-hugging leather costume with her whip out and blood shoots out your nose.

"OKAY! I’m aborting this conversation! I’m Reading, just reading!"

BACK TO THE PRESENT

Then you started singing about how “Everything is Awesome.”

I am definitely NEVER doing drugs again. But… that name… Selena… I chose it?

Ya, do you like it or should we go back to Nimmy?

I… that name… Selena... Mine? My own? Selena says in uncertain confusion and awe.

You alright?

I am. Just… give me some time to think over things...

Hello? You there Selena?... Oh well, back to the conversation with the enemies dad- Wait. Where'd he go?

You look around in confusion at where the stallion was when a small stereo blasts dubstep right in your face, knocking you off your stool.

As you stumble back up you yell,

"What the buck was that for?!"

You then see Vinyl putting away a stereo as she says,

"Sorry dude, but you blanked out and we couldn't get your attention so..."

"If you think that's bad, try being her roommate." Octavia sarcastically comments.

Vinyl even gets in a conversation with you and compliments you on scoring with Rainbow Dash
You try to tell her nothing happened
Vinyl: Sure sure, whatever you say player (winks)

"Where's Magnum?" you ask.

"Oh, dude had to leave when he remembered it was his daughter's play or something." Vinyl nonchalantly replies.

"Oh."

"Anyway... Nice job scoring with Rainbow Dash, although I bet you've had alot of experience with that..." Vinyl says in a teasing tone.

You blush in a fluster and claim,

"Wh-What! Nothing happened! I was wearing my facemask so it doesn't count!"

"Sure sure, whatever you say player." Vinyl says with a wink before going back to the others.

You just sigh in defeat before you turn around to talk to Lyra and ask her,

Also you talk to Lyra and ask her about the whole Doctor Ninja thing, but all she says is
Lyra: Spoilers

"So... What was up with that whole Doctor Ninja thing a few nights ago?"

"Spoilers..." Lyra responds.

Before you can scream out your frustration that the word 'Spoilers' exists, the door burst open and you see...

Eventually Spike walks through the door
Spike: Sorry I’m late everypony, Twilight’s still acting nuts and hasn’t slept for a few days, so it was kind of hard to slip out unnoticed.
Fluttershy: That’s OK Spike. Now, let’s all get this started. Berry?
Berry Punch nods and leads everyone to the back room which is full of barrels, towards a cellar door, and you talk to Spike
You: So if Crazlight is still nuts, how exactly has she been teaching my daughter?
Spike: She hasn’t
You: What? Then what’s Nightshade been doing?
Spike: Oh me and her have been hanging out. Going to the arcade, watching movies, eating ice cream, you know, stuff like that…
You: (Snap) So you’ve been hanging out with my daughter…alone…and you’re a guy…a guy alone with my daughter?
Spike: Heh heh…ummm…LOOK A DISTRACTION!
You quickly look behind you as he runs to the head of the line.
You: Dang it, fell for my own trick! I-Wait! What’s this?
You see a glass bottle with a snowflake on it, and this causes your gloves to vibrate. You pick it up and see it says “Ryan Industries” on it.
You have found the Freeze plasmid!

Spike walking through the door.

"Sorry I’m late everypony, Twilight’s still acting nuts and hasn't slept for a few days, so it was kind of hard to slip out unnoticed." he says.

"That’s OK Spike. Now, let’s all get this started. Berry?" Fluttershy responds.

Berry Punch nods and declares,

"Last call, everypony! Keep an eye on them Bulk!"

Bulk nods as Berry leads the group through a door to a back room which is full of barrels, towards a cellar door as you talk to Spike and ask him.

"So if Crazlight is still nuts, how exactly has she been teaching my daughter?"

"She hasn't."

"What? Then what’s Nightshade been doing?" you demand in concern.

"Oh me and her have been hanging out. Going to the arcade, watching movies, eating ice cream, you know, stuff like that…"

"So you've been hanging out with my daughter… alone… and you’re a guy…" *snap* "A GUY ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER?!"

"Heh heh… ummm… LOOK A DISTRACTION!" he yells as he points behind you.

You quickly look behind you as he runs to the head of the line. You look back to see him gone and exclaim,

"Dang it, fell for my own trick! I-Wait! What’s this?"

You see a glass bottle with a snowflake on it on the ground and which causes your glove to vibrate from within the Inventory. You stcik one hoof into the Inventory and put it on as you pick up the bottle with your other hoof and see it says “Ryan Industries” on it.

You have found the Freeze plasmid! A random voice only you can hear says as you throw the bottle back and forth in your hooves before Berry asks in confusion,

"What is that? I've never seen that kind of drink in here, and this is my bar!"

You smile under your face mask and scarf as you say,

"This, my dear, is just something awesome."

And with that you pull your scarf and face mask off at a angle that Berry can't see and you down the contents of the liquid. You lick your lips as you say,

"Huh, smooth and citrus- Oh... cold, cold, REALLY REALLY COLD!!!"

Berry looks at you in horror as you drop the empty bottle which it shatters on the ground on impact. You breath starts to quicken as the temperature decreases all around you. Your breath becomes visible and you begin to shake uncontrollably. You stare at your gloved hoof as ice starts to cover it completely and you feel like your frozen solid. Berry tries to run towards you, but the ground around you gets frozen in ice before she can even reach you. She looks at you and screams in fear,

"TENNANT!"

And then... it stops.

You breath deeply as the temperature returns to normal and the ice on your glove and the ground evaporate. You stop shaking and calm down as Berry runs over to you and says with worry,

"Tennant! Are you alright? What was that!?"

You smile as you say,

"Don't worry, I'm fine. That was just a new... power to my arsenal."

You put the glove away as you continue,

"Now we should probably check on the others... Where they go?"

You look around in shock to see that everyling is gone! Berry rubs her head sheepishly as she says,

"Sorry, but they kinda went ahead without you. And since I'm staying behind, they probably thought you were still with them."

You look at her in confusion and ask,

"Why are you staying behind?"

Berry quickly glances around before saying...

The mare glances around to make sure that no one is watching, then directs you to a door in the back. "I have to stay out here and run the bar like normal," she says. "Head down the stairs and take the last door on the right."
You nod and head towards the door in the back. You go down the flight of stairs to the basement, and trot down the hall to take the last door on the right. You walk inside to see... a broom closet. "While that can't be right," you say to yourself. You search around to see if there are any hidden passages or anything, but nothing's there. You head back. "While, I guess I'll ask Berry abou- HOLY MOTHER OF LUNA!" Outside the door is no longer a basement, but a candlelit meeting room. Fluttershy, Spike, Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra, and Bon Bon are seated around the table in the center. You take the empty chair as you assume its meant for you.
"Surprised?" Lyra asked. "It was a complicated spell, setting up a teleportation conduit from this room to Berry's bar, but it was worth it!"
A large plate of cookies is placed in the center of the table. You snag a couple, and tuck a few into your Inventory for Nightshade.
* 5 Chocolate Chip Cookies obtained
Once you sit down, Fluttershy begins, speaking very officially. You're somewhat surprised. "This emergency meeting of the Ponyville Faction of the Horde will now begin," she says. "We will begin with the formal opening. Everypony, the creed?"
You and the Horde members chant together (you read off a plaque on the side of the wall).
"The blackest night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows, as all light dies,
And heal the deepest wounds of hate,
Let no one else decide your fate,
Let those who fear where we once stood,
Beware the power... of our hood!"

"I have to stay out here and run the bar like normal."

She then points to a door in the back and says,

"Head down the stairs and take the last door on the right."

You nod and head towards the door in the back. You go down the flight of stairs to the basement and trot down the hall to take the last door on the right. You walk inside to see... a broom closet.

"Well, that can't be right," you say to yourself as you look around to see if there are any hidden passages or anything, but nothing's there. You head back.

"Well, I guess I'll ask Berry abou- HOLY MOTHER OF LUNA!"

Outside the door is no longer a basement, but a candlelit meeting room. the ponies (and dragon) are seated around the table in the center. You take the empty chair next to Fluttershy as you assume its meant for you.

"Surprised?" Lyra asked. "It was a complicated spell, setting up a teleportation conduit from this room to Berry's bar, but it was worth it!"

You just nod as you notice a large plate of cookies is placed in the center of the table. You snag a couple and tuck a few into your Inventory for Nightshade.

"5 Chocolate Chip Cookies" added to the Inventory

Once you sit down, Fluttershy begins, speaking very officially (you're somewhat surprised) as she says,

"Spike, roll call."

Spike nods and pulls out a scroll before listing off,

"Fluttershy?"

"Here."

"Spike. Well I'm obviously here, Octavia Melody?"

"Present."

"Vinyl Scratch?"

"I'm here dude."

"Hondo Flanks?"

There is no response causing the Horde to look around in confusion.

"Magnum?" Spike repeats.

"He had to leave for family reasons or something." Vinyl answers.

"Okay..." Spike says as he scribbles something on the list and continues.

"Lyra Heartstrings?"

"Here!"

"Sweetie Drops?"

"Here." Bon Bon replies at her real name.

"Raven?"

"Accounted for." the mare with the glasses says.

"Thunderlane?"

"Here." the black pegasus with a Mohawk says.

"Sunshower Raindrops?"

"Here." the pegasus who dropped that potted plant on Crazelight's head says.

"Baker Sylvester Tennant?"

No response.

"B.S.?"

Everypony (including you) look around before Fluttershy gently nudges you and whispers,

"Um... That's you."

"Huh?" you reply oblviiously before you catch on and blurt out, "I mean here! Here! Sooooo very much here! heheh."

Everypony looks at you strangely as you chuckle nervously before Fluttershy quickly gets their attention by officially saying,

"We will begin with the formal opening. Everypony, the creed?"

You and the Horde members rise out of your chairs and chant together (you read off a plaque on the side of the wall).

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows, as all light dies,
And heal the deepest wounds of hate,
Let no one else decide your fate,
Let those who fear where we once stood,
Beware the power... of our hood!"

You all sit back down before Fluttershy says,

"This emergency meeting of the Ponyville Faction of the Horde will now begin..."

F: Good Evening Everypony of the Elite Members, hope you’re all doing well.
They all nod
F: Good Good…anyway umm…on the topic of discussion for tonight…I mean, I called you here because…b-b-because…
She looks at you and you smile back at her. She then has newfound confidence
F: Because I’ve recently spoken with Hoody
Everyone Gasps
Octavia: Is he alright?! Where’s he hiding? Is he happy with us?
F: Yes he’s fine and healthy, I garuntee it, but I promised I wouldn’t tell where he was hiding.
Lyra: Oh come on
F: I pinkie promised
Everyone just shivers in dread
Lyra: Oh, Ok then.
F: And yes, he is happy and appreciates that we have grown as an organization…kind of
Vinyl: What’s that mean?
F: Well…I don’t know if anyone is aware, but…there have been recent talks of…revolution by horde members
Everyone Gasps again
Bon Bon: Revolution? As in…war?
F: y-yes…and he knows it and isn’t happy
Magnum: Who’s been spreading unrest like that?
F: I don’t know, that’s why I called this meeting…is anypony in Ponyville trying to incite revolution?
Everyone answers in outrage with no.
F: Oh thank goodness…I’m glad. Hoody really doesn’t want a war to be fought in his name.
Thunderlane: But, he knows we aren’t talking about starting a war right? I mean, I thought this was just a fan club!
O: Yes, surely he knows we would do no such thing, it goes against his message…
You: You got that right Tavi
F: Oh I’m sure he knows Ponyville isn’t…but unfortunately, others are
Mayor’s assistant: Who? Who’s doing this?
Lyra: How do you know for sure?
F: I wrote to every branch asking them nicely to not do anything violent, and even told them Hoody spoke to me…
You/Everyone: Yes?
F: Well, most of them wrote back like Cloudsdale, Canterlot, and Fillydelphia saying they had no such thoughts…
You/Everyone: But?
F: The Manehatten leader, Flag Burner, wrote a very mean letter back…it said…it…(tears well in her eyes)
Spike: It basically said that we were stupid for not joining the cause, and that we were weak for not heeding his true message of a “New Equestria”
Everyone: What?!
Spike: He then ranted and wrote mean things about Fluttershy, that I will not repeat
You: That bastard
F: He said I was lying about The Offender telling everypony to stand down…said I was just a mouthpiece of the Tyrant since I’m an Element Bearer
She starts crying and everyone gathers around Fluttershy hugging her
F: The worst part is, he said he wouldn’t stand down.
O: Oh no
Lyra: This is terrible
V: Dude, this is so not cool!
You: Well we gotta do something! We gotta make this nutjob stop before innocent lives are harmed.
S: That’s the kicker…he said nothing would stop him, save for the One True Offender. Only Hoody can make him change his mind. Then he wrote that this Sunday would show the true power of the horde in Manehatten
O: Then we must contact the Offender. He has to get to Manehatten before that monster does something
Everyone/Bulk: YEAH!
V: And he won’t even go alone, we can all follow him and stop these yahoos from hurting anypony.
Everyone: Yeah!
Bon Bon: If he calls on us, we’ll answer
Lyra: Ya, Buck Manehatten!
Everyone starts agreeing while you contemplate to yourself.

"So good evening everypony of the elite members, hope you’re all doing well."

They all nod.

"Good, good… anyway umm… on the topic of discussion for tonight… I mean, I called you here because… b-b-because…"

She starts to stammer nervously and she looks at you, but you give her a reassuring smile (at least you think you are because you've wearing a scarf and face mask) back at her. With new-found confidence she continues,

"Because I've recently spoken with Hoody."

Everyone gasps at this news and Octavia demands,

"Is he alright?! Where’s he hiding? Is he pleased with us?"

"Yes he’s fine and healthy, I guarantee it, but I promised I wouldn't tell where he was hidin-"

"Oh come on!' Lyra exclaims in annoyance.

"I... pinkie promised." Fluttershy says.

Everyone just shivers in dread before Lyra retracts,

"Oh, Okay then."

"And yes, he is happy and appreciates that we have grown as an organization… kind of." Fluttershy says.

"What’s that mean?" Vinyl asks.

"Well… I don’t know if anyone is aware, but… there have been recent talk of… revolution by horde members..."

Everyone gasps again.

"Revolution? As in… war?" Bon Bon says nervously.

"Y-yes… and he knows it and isn't happy..."

"Who’s been spreading unrest like that?" Sunshower asks,

"I don’t know, that’s why I called this meeting… is anypony in Ponyville trying to incite revolution?"

"NO!" everypony answers with unanimous outrage which scares Fluttershy before she regains composure and says,

"Oh thank goodness… I’m glad. Hoody really doesn't want a war to be fought in his name."

"But, he knows we aren't talking about starting a war right? I mean, I thought this was just a fan club!" Thunderlane says.

"Yes, surely he knows we would never do such thing, it goes against his message…" Octavia adds.

"Got that right Tavi." You and Vinyl coincidentally say at the same time causing you two to look at each other strangely.

"Oh I’m sure he knows Ponyville isn't… but unfortunately, others are..."

"Who? Who’s doing this?" Raven asks.

"How do you know for sure?" Lyra adds.

"I wrote to every branch asking them nicely to not do anything violent, and even told them Hoody spoke to me…"

"Yes?" Everypony says in anticipation.

"Well, most of them wrote back like Cloudsdale, Canterlot, and Manehattan saying they had no such thoughts…"

"But?" everypony asks.

"The Fillydelphia leader, Flag Burner, wrote a very mean letter back… it said… it…"

Tears start to well in her eyes so Spike quickly takes over,

"It basically said that we were stupid for not joining the cause, and that we were weak for not heeding his true message of a “New Equestria”."

"What?!" Everypony (except Fluttershy and Spike) exclaim in shock.

"He then ranted and wrote mean things about Fluttershy, that I will not repeat..."

*snap* That motherbucker... you think angrily before Fluttershy says with teary eyes,

"He said I was lying about The Offender telling everypony to stand down… said I was just a mouthpiece of the Solar Tyrant since I’m an Element Bearer..."

She then starts crying and everyone gathers around Fluttershy hugging her (especially you). She then manages to say,

"The worst part is, he said he wouldn't stand down."

"Oh no." Sunshower says.

"This is terrible!" Bon Bon adds

"Dude, this is so not cool!" Vinyl adds.

"Well we gotta do something! We gotta make this nutjob stop before innocent lives are harmed!" you exclaim

"That’s the kicker…" Spike says, "He said nothing would stop him, save for the One True Offender. Only Hoody can make him change his mind. Then he wrote that soon he would unleash the true divine power of the horde in Fillydelphia."

"Then we must contact the Offender! He has to get to Fillydelphia before that monster does something!" Octavia says,

"YEAH!" everypony proclaims.

"And he won’t even go alone, we can all follow him and stop these yahoos from hurting anypony!" Vinyl adds.

"YEAH!"

"If he calls on us, we’ll answer!" Bon Bon proclaims.

"Yeah, Buck Fillydelphia!" Lyra exclaims.

Just as everybody starts to agree, you hear Octavia say,

"But..."

You look over to her in dread as you think,

Oh no... Lady luck don't you dare. Don't you bucking dare!

"What's the matter with it," Octavia asks. "After Discord's nasty trick, the Horde has been driven into hiding and the Offender is missing. If those idiots in charge are fooled by such a silly spell as that, then we have to show them that they're wrong, don't we?"

"I don't see anything completely wrong with the idea of a revolution..." Octavia asks. "After Discord's nasty trick, the Horde has been driven into hiding and the Offender is missing. If those fools in charge are fooled by such a silly spell as that, then we have to show them that they're wrong, don't we?"

Your jaw drops at what Octavia just said as you think,

Holy mother of Luna... lady luck dared... GOT TO STOP IT! GOT TO STOP IT!

"But is rebelling really the way to do it?" You respond. "All it'll do is incite a lot of violence and government hatred, and if it becomes a full scale revolution a lot of ponies may die."
"I think we could keep it in control," Bon Bon voices. "We could make sure it doesn't turn violent. It's all just propaganda, isn't it?"
"But it would put you all in danger." You argue. "It'll put every member of the Horde in danger, and is that really what we want?"
"We're all ready in enough danger as it is," Lyra points out. "Any member of the Horde is a criminal already, its not like it would be that much more dangerous."
"Look, guys," you say. "What about the Offender himself. Is this really what he wants? To have a bloody revolution waged in his name?"
"Maybe it is," Octavia cries. "Maybe he wants the world to know he's a hero, not the villain they see him as. It would do them some good, wouldn't it?"
"Come on," you say. "Vinyl?"
She sighs. "I'm not all for this big rebellion idea, but it beats just sitting around, doing nothing."
"Fluttershy?" you ask desperately, but she seems to have shrunk back from the debate, shivering a little as Octavia raises her voice.
"I say that its high time we quit lying in the shadows!" she rallies. "We should get out there and show the world that we're right, and that the offender is a hero!" Lyra and Bon Bon cheer for this idea while Vinyl looks conflicted. You realize that there's only one thing to do, one thing that will convince them.

"B-But is rebelling really the way to do it?" You respond. "All it'll do is incite a lot of violence and government hatred, and if it becomes a full scale revolution a lot of ponies may die!"

"I think we could keep it in control," Bon Bon voices. "We could make sure it doesn't turn violent. It's all just propaganda, isn't it?"

"But it would put you all in danger." You argue. "It'll put every member of the Horde in danger, and is that really what we want?"

"We're all ready in enough danger as it is," Lyra points out. "Any member of the Horde is a criminal already, it's not like it would be that much more dangerous."

"Look, guys," you try to reason, "What about the Offender himself. Is this really what he wants? To have a bloody revolution waged in his name?"

"Maybe it is!" Octavia cries. "Maybe he actually wants the world to know he's a hero, not the villain they see him as. It would do them some good, wouldn't it?"

"Come on," you say. "Vinyl?"

She sighs,

"I'm not all for this big rebellion idea, but it beats just sitting around, doing nothing and I'm not abandoning Tavi."

"Fluttershy?" you ask desperately, but she seems to have shrunk back from the debate, shivering as Octavia raises her voice,

"I say that its high time we quit lying in the shadows!" she rallies. "We should get out there and show the world that we're right, and that the offender is a hero!"

Some cheer for this idea while others look conflicted. You realize that there's only one thing you can do that will convince them...

"Excuse me for a moment. Need to use the little colt's room," you say, standing up to leave. You walk out of the meeting room and into the closet, where you extract your awesome coat. For the first time in about a month, you don the hooded cloak. Once again you are- The Hooded Offender!

"Excuse me for a moment. Need to use the little colt's room." You say before walking out of the meeting room and into the closet before anypony can say or do anything. You extract your awesome coat and start to don the hooded cloak for the first time in a long time.

These ponies went from reasonable to bucking crazy! Do they know how many innocent lives will be lost if they go though with this! Is Discord's chaos magic still around cause that would explain a bucking lot! Millions of ponies and other creatures, all dead... because of me...

You sigh in sadness as you put your hood up. Once again you are-

The Hooded Offender!

Peeping out of the closet, you see the meeting is continuing. Everypony is talking, a bit loudly, and it seems to be a rather lively discussion. Normally, you'd just walk out there and say hi. But... something about your outfit makes you feel a little more... dramatic.
You link through the shadows, the black of your cloak blending into the dark corners out of reach of the candles. You choose to listen in on the current conversation.
"I'm telling you, he's got to be a spy," Octavia says. "He just shows up suddenly one day and immediately tries to get close to the Horde, to get in on our meetings."
"I really don't think-" Fluttershy whispers, but Octavia cuts her off.
"He's a powerful fighter. Why? Because he's been trained. He has the stamina to spend days in the fields bucking apples because he's been trained by the government."
"Or maybe he's just from Appleoosa?" Vinyl offers, sarcastically.
"Then why doesn't he have an accent?" Lyra returns. "And why did he try to incriminate one of the elements of harmony? Simple- he needed a distraction."
"And you have to admit, isn't it suspicious that he left just as we were starting to talk about rebelling. I bet he's going to contact his employer right now!"
"Close guess," you interrupt, stepping into the light. "But he was actually contacting me."
The Horde stares in shock as you teleport into your empty seat. You snatch a cookie and take a bite out of it as you wait for your fans to recover.
"Where's Tennent?" Vinyl asks once she gets over the shock of seeing you.
"Doing surveillance by the door," you answer.
"We have surveillance," Lyra says.
"Might not be enough," you reply. "As I was forced to come here personally, we've got to be air-tight secure. I trust Baker to keep any outsiders away."
"What's your relationship with Tennant?" Vinyl asks. "And how do we know you're actually the real Offender?"
You sigh. "The first time we met, Vinyl Scratch, you offered a threesome with me, you, and Octavia," you answer, blushing at the memory. Fluttershy looks somewhat horrified, Spike looks somewhat confused, and Vinyl and Octavia blush. "There, we've got that out of the way?" you ask. "Perfect. Now, as some of you have guessed, Tennant is not an Appleoosan member of the Horde. I'd say which faction he's really from, but if he hasn't told you all yet, he'd like to keep it to himself. Anyways, I got in touch with him so that I could have an inside man in my following, to learn what I could about how it was operating and warn me should it go too far."
"Why not just go to the leaders of each faction yourself?" Bon Bon asks.
"How do you expect me to find and meet the leader of each faction while I'm Equestria's most wanted?" You argue. "It was dangerous enough coming here." This seems to silence the opposition for the time, so you go into your main speech.
"I want you all to know that I do not approve of this rebellion," you say. "I know that it won't end well, that it will just end up getting a lot of ponies hurt or worse. The government as of now is far too strong to oppose so directly, and its much to dangerous."
"Well then... what do you want us to do?" Octavia asks.
You smile beneath your hood. "I want you to spread the word," you say. "I don't want isolated patches, I want you all to work to join forces with the other factions, to form a network, a web of the Horde that spreads out all across Equestria. I want you to stop shouting separately, to get organized and coordinate your protests. I have a plan, and if it going to work I'll need info from all across the nation." You're not quite sure what leads you to say this. It just seems useful to be able to keep your fans under control if they're all together. Besides, the idea of a plan on your part seems to excite the group.
"Just send all progress reports to Tennent. He'll relay them to me," you say as you grab one last cookie and teleport from your seat to the door. "Meeting adjourned," you say as you leave.

Peeping out of the closet, you see the meeting is continuing. Everypony is talking loudly and it seems to be a rather lively discussion. Normally, you'd just walk out there and say 'Hello'... but something about your outfit makes you feel a little more... dramatic.

You sneak through the shadows, the black of your cloak blending into the dark corners out of reach of the candles. You choose to listen in on the current conversation.

"I'm telling you, he's got to be a spy," Octavia says. "He just shows up suddenly one day and immediately tries to get close to the Horde to get in on our meetings!"

"I really don't think-" Fluttershy whispers, but Octavia cuts her off.

"He's a good fighter with the stamina to spend days in the fields bucking apples. Why? Because he's had professional training!"

"Or maybe he's just from Appleloosa?" Vinyl sarcastically offers.

"Then why doesn't he have an accent?" Lyra counters. "And why did he try to incriminate one of the elements of harmony? Simple- he needed a distraction!"

"And you have to admit, isn't it suspicious that he left just as we were starting to talk about rebelling? Not to mention that he didn't even reply to his own name right away." Raven observes.

"I bet he's going to contact his employer right now!" Octavia exclaims.

"You're absolutely right, in a manner of speaking..." you interrupt in your 'villain voice', stepping into the light. "He was actually contacting me..."

The Horde stares in shock as you teleport into "Mr. Tennant's" empty seat.

THANK LUNA that stinking teleport went right for once. you think as you snatch a cookie and kick your hooves up on the table before taking a bite out of it while, waiting for your fans to recover,

"Where's Tennent?" Vinyl asks once she gets over the shock of seeing you.

"Doing surveillance by the door," you answer.

"We have surveillance-" Lyra says.

"Might not be enough," you reply. "As I was forced to come here personally, we've got to be air-tight secure. I trust Baker to keep any outsiders away."

"What's your relationship with Tennant?" Vinyl asks. "And how do we know you're actually the real Offender?"

You sigh and answer while blushing under your faceless hood,

"The first time we met, Vinyl "DJ Pon-3" Scratch, you offered a threesome with me, you, and Octavia."

Fluttershy looks somewhat horrified, Spike looks somewhat confused, and Vinyl and Octavia blush.

"There, we've got that out of the way?" you ask.

When nopony says anything you continue,

"Perfect. Now, as some of you have guessed, Tennant is not an Appleloosan member of the Horde. If anything, I don't even know if there is an Appleloosan branch of the Horde. I'd say which faction he's really from, but if he hasn't told you all yet then I'll allow him the privilege of privacy. Anyways, he's a... specialist I got in touch with so that I could have an inside stallion in my following, to learn what I could about how it was operating and warn me should it go too far."

I sound SO bucking awesome right now... you mentally squee as you take another bite of the cookie before Bon Bon asks,

"Why not just go to the leaders of each faction yourself?"

"How do you expect me to find and meet the leader of each faction while I'm Equestria's Most Wanted?" You argue. "It was dangerous enough coming here."

This seems to silence the opposition for the time, so you go into your main speech,

"I want you all to know that I do not approve of this rebellion. I know that it won't end well, that it will just end up getting a lot of ponies hurt or worse. The government as of now is far too strong to oppose so directly, and it's much too dangerous. But to put it in simple terms even the dullest bug can understand..."

You quickly wink at Fluttershy (who obviously can't see your wink, but noticed how your head bobbed towards her a bit) who winks back and covers her ears.

*Snap*

You bolt upright from your chair and slam your hooves onto the table as you activate the Royal Canterlot Voice and roar,

"ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR BUCKING MINDS! YOU'VE COULD HAVE KILLED THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS WITH THIS STUPID IDEA! FOALS, MOTHERS, FATHERS, GRANDMOTHERS! ALL DEAD CAUSE YOU ALL THOUGHT YOU SHOULD JOIN FLAG BURNER'S STUPID CAUSE! WE ARE NOT DOING THAT, UNDERSTAND! I'M GOING TO FILLYDELPHIA AND I'M GONNA PERSONALLY BEAT SOME SENSE INTO THAT DUMBFLANK BEFORE HE CAN CAUSE ANYTHING! Are. We! CLEAR?!!!"

Everypony nods in fear and shock are your outburst, but Octavia steps forward and asks,

"Well then... what do you want us to do?"

Calming down, you reply to her in your villein voice,

"Continue your lives as normal, don't draw unnecessary attention to yourselves or the Horde, and let me deal with this matter." you say as you grab one last cookie and pop it into your mouth.

"Meeting adjourned." you say with a flourish of your coat as you turn to leave...

Time to invoke Chandler's Law...
When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand
Suddenly there's a flash of light and the meeting is Raided by Crazilight followed by Applejack, Rainbow Dask, and Pinkie Pie (and maybe Rarity too)!
Twilight now thinks the future disaster is "Hooded Offender"-related

"How did you know about this reunion?" Asked Berry Punch
"Like I said, a worried pony that wants to be anonymous, reported all of you" Say the Day Guard as he take a note with the list of everyone present
"So... There is a spy here..." Say Octavia, and then they gasped and looked around

*ka-boom*

When suddenly the wall explodes! When the rubble and smoke clear, you see the Deadly Five glaring at you... well some of them are anyway. Rarity and Twilight (who now has an eyepatch and is twitching like mad) are the ones glaring at you while Pinkie is just looking around the secret room excitedly while mumbling something about a 'cool secret party she could host down here' and Applejack and Rainbow are glaring... but they're glaring at each other and not at you. You stare at them in confusion and can't help but think,

What's up with the fillyfoolers? They run into some relationship problems or something?

Deciding to worry about that later (and to make sure they focus on you and not the Horde members), you ask Twilight with your villain voice,

"Pray tell, what the buck are you doing here, Sparkle?"

Twilight laughs with a little bit of insanity before saying,

"I'm here to stop the upcoming disaster, which is you!" She points an accusing/defiant hoof at you as she continues, "You're hear in Ponyville to put the whole town under your mind control spell, and I'm here to stop it!"

Your eye twitch's in annoyance as you angrily think,

You bucking Hippocratic, you did the same thing! And for the last bucking time I AM NOT USING MIND CONTROL!

You sigh in annoyance to prevent your mental anger from spilling out before asking,

"How did you even know we were having this meeting, or were this secret room was in the first place!"

Crazlight looks around suspiciously before saying,

"Uhhhh... I have a spy... in the Horde... ya that's it!"

You stare at her and then think,

That... that was the worst lie I ever heard in the history of lies. Who would be dumb enough to believe th-

"So... we do have a spy here."

You look over to Octavia in surprise and think,

Octavia... why?!?!

You begin to panic slightly as the tension in the room increases and everyling looks like their gonna jump each other (besides Fluttershy who's hiding behind you in fear) and you can't help but think,

Oh buck, oh buck, oh buck, oh buck, OH BUCK, OH BUCK, OH BUCK WHAT THE BUCK DO I DO! CURSE YOU LADY L- Wait, I already said that...

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Dun Dun DUNNNNN!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

So some exciting news. I plan on writing a new fic! It's gonna be a independent (not comment driven) story taking my new OC in a AU of Equestria Girls (same characters, but the movies never happened. Like Sunset and the Dazzling's are just bullies). It's gonna be a relax fic for me to write whenever I'm bored or I get writers block for TLOAWC. Expect it to come out sometime either this week or during winter break

(tell me your reactions to the message above in the comments!)

Now just to remind you all that until exams have come and gone, the chapters will come out every three days, and Kersey has asked me to remind you that if your gonna comment with dialogue, to use this format...

"Yadda, yadda, yadda." Bugze says,
"Blah blah blah!", Nightshade responds.
Nightshade's response causes Bugze to think,
Etcetera.

Just reminding you is all.

Now, last chapters answer is...

My reaction? Pure Unadulterated Laughter. Lady Luck is still messing with our dear Changeling Friend for our amusement :rainbowlaugh: :trollestia::yay::pinkiecrazy:
Though, now he's probably gonna have to call her the Bi-Fooler now more than anything after these events if he still wants to get under her skin :pinkiehappy:

Congrats for BrownDog! I can't help but agree with ya.

Now for those saying how it should have been Nightmare, don't worry. There's more accidental first kisses on the way. In fact one of you has given me a wonderfully evil idea involving a certain drunken princess...MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Today's question is...

Should long comments be shorten in the story?

What I mean is should long comments like BrownDogs be shorten like this

"[Comment Name]'s Huge Comment"?

Should I or should I not? That is the question...that you all need to answer. BYE!

PreviousChapters Next