• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 2,143 Comments

The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 2: Debt to a Doctor (Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



The continued misadventures of you, Bugze the Changeling, as The Doctor calls up on your debt with him and he asks you to come to Canterlot immediately

  • ...
36
 2,143
 4,755

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 12: Time To Talk And Think!

Cheerlilee is a bit confused by your get up, but she is not rude she says hi back and even apologizes even though you were the one who bumped into her.
You have a new get up, so you need a new identity to go along with it, you think El Hunko has been compromised.
You're dressed in a bunch of the Doctor's old clothes so use your knowledge of the TV show to make a composite name.
Something like: Tennant Baker Smith.

The two of you stared at each other blankly as the sound of the Tardis blinking out of view occupied the awkward silence, with her eyes seemingly questioning the odd pupils of yours. You really don't want to blow your cover already. Quick! Speak about something!
"so, I, Uhm," you cleared your throat. "Did you happen to see a blue box appear and disappear?"
She nodded.
"Okay. I would really appreciate it if you just pretend you didn't."
"Alright?"

The two of you stare at each other awkwardly as you hear the TARDIS blink out of time. As you continue to stare at each other you can't help but think

What is with me and long awkward stares with random ponies? I swear this is like the three-hundreth time this has happen to me. That's it, from now on if I ever get into a long awkward stare I'm just gonna slap myself to stop it. Speaking of which...

Taking your plan to heart, you hold up your hoof and...

*SLAP*

Slap yourself across the face causing the mare in front of you to jumps back in shock. You laugh nervously before you say,

"Heheheh sorry about that, there was just a... bug on my face! Yeah... just a bug!"

The irony of this does not escape me... You think to yourself in a deadpan tone.

The mare continues to stare at you weirdly so you decide to continue to speak,

"So... um... did you happen to see a blue box appear and disappear?"

The mare nods her head slowly at your question. You begin to panic at the thought of her telling ponies that you came out of the same box that the Hooded Offender escaped in. So, you decide to make her not tell anyling,

"Okay. I would really appreciate it if you just pretend you didn't. Because let's just say that you'll make alot of ponies very happy with murderous intent, and you'll make me a very sad pony. So I'm begging you... Don't. Tell. Anypony!"

The mare looks at you questionably, but she thankfully just nods her head and says,

"All... right?"

It sounded more like a question to you, but you'll take it. You nod you head thankfully and say,

"Thanks! That means alot... um... did I ever catch your name?"

The mare shakes her head and blushes in embarrassment before saying,

"Oh, where are my manners, even if what you just asked me to do is very... weird. That's no excuse to be rude. My name is Cherilee, and you are..."

You're about to tell her your name, when you remember that you're wearing a new outfit. You also remember/realize that the "El Hunko" name and suit are for fancy high-class events and Bugze would just be a dead giveaway, you decide to go with the first thing that pops in your head...

Good name idea, but since Bugze is wearing the pants of the sixth (Colin Baker), the hat of the seventh (Sylvester McCoy) and the coat of the 10th (David Tennant) then his name should be something like Baker Sylvester Tennant.
Que Cheerliee pointing out his name is B.S. Tennant (BullSPIT hive minders, gotta keep it PG after all)

"My name is Baker... Sylvester... Tennant. Yeah! The name's Baker Sylvester Tennant, but my friends call me B.S.T." you say with a nervous smile.

Cherilee gives you an awkwardly nervous look as she asks

"You... do know your initials are B.S. Tennant right?"

Your smile falters slightly at what she's implying but you quickly recover and say,

"Yes yes and it's haunted me my entire life, so um...."

You realize that you have no idea as to what to say next, so you use one of the oldest questions in the universe...

"Um, nice weather today, eh?" Honestly, your afraid the response, because such a topic would be taboo back in the hive where the only weather is the buzzing busyness of the work drones.
"Why, yes! It's the perfect weather to spend a good Saturday in. The pegasi had done a good job." And apparently it's different for a society that uses weather as an industry.

"Um, nice weather today, eh? Hehehe..."

You're honestly afraid the response because since the only weather back at the Hive is the buzzing busyness of the work drones, asking that question usually got you a sarcastic laugh followed by a slap to the head. Fortunately, Cherilee gives you a kind smile before saying,

"Why, yes! It's the perfect weather to spend a good Saturday in. Rainbow Dash has done a particularly lovely job today."

You nod your head in agreement,

"Ah yes, the fillyfo-I mean sweet mare who's totally not a demon with severe anger issues has done a great jo-"

You interrupt yourself when you realize something about what she said.

Wait... Saturday? Didn't I fight Discord on a Thursday? Where-When did the Doctor drop me off?

With that thought in mind you ask Cherilee...

Since you were just in the TARDIS and there doesn't appear to be any residual destruction around you ask her what day it is, or how long it's been since Discord's imprisonment.

"So, you know when the whole world turned upside down...? Uh... when did that happen?"

Cherilee gives you a strange look before asking,

"Where have you been the last few days? Discord was defeated two days ago."

You laugh nervously and say,

"You could say I was in a blue box for a couple of day-"

You clamp your hooves over your mouth when you realize you accidentally reminded her about the TARDIS. You then think,

What I wouldn't give for a distraction right now...

Just then, Nightshade appear from your inventory
"Daddy, are you okay?" Asked Nightshade
"Daddy? So you are a dad and she is your fully?" Asked Cherilee
"More or less" Say Bugzee
"You make house-schooling? because that can't be... She need to stay with other fillies, not inside of from somewhere she got out... Don't want to offend you little one" Say Cherilee
"No offense taken... But that is my house" Say Nightshade
"Like I said... Maybe could be good if she meet other fillies and colts"

Just then, Nightshade appeared from your inventory.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Asked Nightshade

After getting over the initial shock of seeing a filly pop out of a saddlebag, Cherilee asks,

"Daddy? So you're a father and she's your daughter?"

"More or less" You respond.

"How is she 'more or less' your daughter?"

"It's... complicated."

"Hmmmm... does she go to school?"

"Ah, no. I home-school her."

"Home-school? Oh dear... Well, since you're both new in town you really should sign her up for the Ponyville Schoolhouse. I'm the teacher there and your daughter really needs to play outside with other fillies, not inside of a bag... No offense dear."

"No offense taken... But that's my room." Nightshade replies.

"Like I said... It would be good for her to socialize with more fillies and colts her own age."

Deciding that you need to end this discussion before you can think about Nightshade interacting with... colts (*growl*) you tell Nightshade,

"Sweetie why don't you go back to your room and study for that animal quiz?"

"But Daddy... you said we would watch Neighpon Gore Police when you were done talking with the Doctor."

"You let your daughter watch those kind of movies!" Cherilee asks in horror before you chuckle nervously and respond,

"Eheheheheh...What she meant to say was that she was gonna watch an... educational film when we got back... right."

Nightshade either misses or ignores the stern emphasis on the last word as she says,

"No, I said we were gonna watch Neigh-"

"Nightshade, honey, I'll give ya three chimichanga's if you just go back into your room okay."

Nightshade says in Neighponeses with (literal) stars in her eyes,

"Chimichanga! Anata no saikō no papa! Watashi wa jibun no heya ni modotte ikimasu." (translation: Chimichanga! Your the best Daddy! I'll go back to my room.)

With that, she hops back into the Inventory.

"My, she speaks such fluent Neighponese! And at such a young age!"

"Heh yeah, we watch alot of anime." You say with some fatherly pride.

After discussing for a few more minutes, you bid Cheerilee good-bye and you part ways. You decided that since you're gonna be stuck in Ponyville for a year, you should stock up on some supplies. As you're walking towards where you think the market is, you start to think...

After your meeting with Cheerlie, figure out what you're going to do regarding food, income,

So, I'm gonna be living in Ponyville for awhile... joy. This is gonna be about as fun as having to pry Grandbuggy off that giant chocolate cookie back at zebra country.

That was defiantly a weird day... well weird day back then at least. You and Grandbuggy (in case you were wondering, his rank prior to being exiled was "Specialist") were assigned a mission to steal some love from a out of town zebra tribe called the Pelegostos Tribe. When you and Grandbuggy got there, you found out that the zebras were worshiping a cookie as their all divine god. Sadly for them, your Grandbuggy has a huge sweet tooth (where do you think you got it from?). Before you could blink, your Grandbuggy had eaten half the stinking thing. It took a pair of pliers, WD-40, butter, and some liberal application of fire to finally get him to stop eating the thing... right when the zebras came back from their group potion-making. They then thought your Grandbuggy was their god in pony form and tried to eat him! Long story short (and alot of explosions later), you and Grandbuggy are forbidden from ever going back to the Isla de Pelegostos.

Ahhh good times... At least back when the only ones trying to kill me were strangers I'd never have to see again-*bump*

Your snapped out of memory lane when you realize that you've bumped into a fruit vendor at the market. You then begin to buy emergency foods you learned about from the Buffalo Tribe. After you finish stuffing all the food away into The Inventory,

"10 Packages of Whole-Wheat Crackers"
"5 Jars of Peanut Butter"
"5 Boxes of Multigrain Cereal"
"20 Granola Bars"
"2 Cans of Powdered Milk"
"16 Small Bags of Dried Fruit" added to The Inventory."

45 Bits Left

You sat down and began to read today's paper that you also bought, unsurprisingly it's about the "Elements of Harmony" being honored by Solar-flank for defeating Discord, but what you find is surprising...

You also see a news headline in the paper about The Horde and the mysterious growth of it in several cities across Equestria. You smile at that.

Next, look for a newspaper to find out what happened to your fanclub. Fortunately it said that most of the Horde scattered and escaped after your getaway and the few Horde members caught were pardoned as "being under mind control and not of their free will". You also find out that due to Discord's new memories, the Horde is alot smaller, but it's growing due to the fact that somepony manage to take pictures of your fight with Discord and fortunately all those pictures are of you landing hits on Discord thus starting the rumor that the Hooded Offender fought the God of Chaos to a draw.

You sigh in relief when you read that the Horde members that helped you escape two days ago escaped as well from the Deadly 5. Even the ones who were captured were pardoned as "being under mind control and not of their free will." But what's really surprising is that even though your overall fan club is smaller, it has been gaining in numbers lately. According to the newspaper, photos were leaked showing you fighting Discord (the picture in the paper was you tackling Discord through a house while in the Nightmare Cloak). Apparently ponies either say that the photos were fabricated or that it's evidence that you fought Discord to a draw. But, what's really surprising is that alot of mares have joined the Horde. They claimed that they're your "waifus" and that they want to... um let's just say some of what they said shouldn't be read by foals... You blush a very deep red as you think,

While it may seem awesome that I have fanfillies... I also have to deal with the fact that I have fanfillies... Dear Luna, I swear half of what they said shouldn't be possible...

You quickly stuff the newspaper away into The Inventory (you don't want to litter after all) before taking out a granola bar ("19 Granola Bars" left). As you munch on the bar you sadly think...

You are stuck in Ponyville for a year now, with 5 crazy mares who want to kill you all over again and equally crazy fangirls who want to... let's not get into that.
You miss Appleloosa already. You do have the plushie, and now would be a good time to just hold it close and cry for awhile. But you're in public, and that raises a very good question.
Where the buck are you going to stay for a whole year?
Would the fangirls help you without knowing you're the Offender? Probably not. You did stay at the apple orchard that one night... Apple Bloom could cover for you... but you can't stay outside for a whole-
DING!

Let's see... I'm HUGELY in debt with a Time Lord, I'm stuck in Ponyville for a year, I have 5 crazy mares who want to kill me all over again thanks to Discord's stupid mind bending trick, and now I have equally crazy fanmares who want to *gulp*... let's not get into that. (You shudder as you remember the Justin Beatbox incident) I miss Appleloosa already... I do have that plushie though, and now would probably be a good time to just hold it close and cry for awhile...

You're about to take out your plushie to do just that when you remember that you're in public, so you quickly snap out of it, but now all you have is one question on your mind:

Where the buck am I going to stay for a whole year? Would the fanmares help me without knowing I'm the Offender? Probably not and asking them as the Hooded Offender would probably be a death wish. I did stay at the apple orchard that one night... Apple Bloom (you cringe guiltily at her name) could cover for me... but she hates me. Maybe I could just sneak into the fields, but I NEED shelter as I can't just stay outside for a whole-*ding*!

Isn't Apple Bloom friends with Sweetie Belle? And the third one in the forest... Scootaloo? Don't they have a clubhouse? Maybe you could borrow that until you find a more permanent solution.

"I got it!" You say to yourself in a excited tone. "Applebloom is friends with Sweetie Belle right? And the third one in the forest... Scootaloo if I remember correctly? Didn't Applebloom mention that they have a clubhouse? Maybe I could borrow that until I find a more permanent solution. Yeah that'll work!"

You throw your hoof into the air in excitement as you run off into a random direction as several ponies (who saw you talking to yourself) mutter "Weirdo...".

20 MINUTES LATER

Twenty minutes later finds yourself lost in Ponyville. You have no idea where to find Applebloom (*cringe*), Sweetie, or Scootaloo. As you look around desperately, all you can think is...

Curse my lack of direction!

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here

Yesterdays question answer is...

Saddest death: David Tennant as the Doctor. "I don't want to go." Fun fact: that line was actually improvised, not on script. David said that as he was being recorded and they decided to keep it.

Congrats to The Batmane of equestria for being the first person to suggests this. The other person is TheNomad360. Now even thought the Doctor didn't technically die, his 10th personality did. So I"ll count that, and the fact that I cried tears when he said "I don't wan to go." Thanks for the fun fact by the way, I didn't know that was a improvised line.

Today's question is...

What is the scariest Doctor Who monster/Alien?

I don't know if I asked this already, but I'm too lazy to go though 69 episodes to check. So if I did ask this already, then consider this a chance to better explain your answer. BYE!

PreviousChapters Next