• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 2,800 Views, 426 Comments

Mistress Do Well: Reparation - milesprower06



Having been blindsided by Rarity's possible survival, Rainbow and Twilight wonder how to best track their former friend down, while Applejack tries her best to help Fluttershy through a chapter of her life she thought she had closed.

Comments ( 53 )

A perfect ending and exactly what I hoped the resolution would be. Kudos. :twilightsmile:

so, is this the end? no more sequels? because i was still hoping that we would see that stupid investigator become an issue.

Great job. You came to an ending that stayed true to all the characters and the situation.


I salute you sir! Well done!

The end.
I feel very good about how things ended, kind of idk... refreshed?
It left me with a nice feeling inside.

That was..AWESOME :rainbowkiss:

Kind of short and to the point...

But still sweet.

Can't wait for more!

An excellent ending. I love it.:twilightsmile:

Too bad there won't be any more sequels to this, but at least the story has ended on an up note.:raritywink:

Ans I'm glad to see that Rarity was able to reconcile with Sweetie Belle at least. That's a bit of healing for Rarity, anyway.:twilightsmile:

All I can say is well done, Miles. Well done, indeed.:ajsmug::rainbowkiss::twilightsmile:

You know a story is complete when there is nothing more you can add or take away. Everything that needed to be said was, no detail that didnt need to be addressed was, your pacing problems from your early days of writing pony words are LONG gone, and you used just as many words as were needed to get across the emotion you wanted to, and to leave an impact that will stay with the reader, ESPECIALLY in the most resent installment of the story, this was quite a ride, and the ending was the most bittersweet thing I have read in my life.

Ahh satisfying ending. No hokey Rarity redemption and no compulsive tying up every single plot point. This is very well written. If the series is continued I am sure it will be done just as well as this installment but with this ending it really feels complete.

Zing!

Nice ending bro

That scene with Sweetie Belle?

Very good ending, I have to say. It's rare to see something like this where the Mane6 are brought so low and shown to be much deeper than what we normally expect. Every loose end was tied, but not in a rushed or sloppy fashion. The resolution was good and it felt right to end the story where it is. I also liked the last part of the chapter, a bit of humor to offset the heavy emotions that were experienced the past several chapters, heck even stories.

I'll admit the ending was ... a let down after the build up. But in the end, I guess we'll see what happens with the next part of the story. And as far as endings go. It was nice to see Rainbow Dash get some closure in her mind.

4651787

I won't say the ending wasn't a let down after the buildup, but you were right to how this fic would end. I wonder how the next fic will turn out.

4653386
I knew someone who was actually raped. let me say, it can never go back to normal.. It just destroys you.


my only complaint was that we never saw Twilight's reaction (her actual feelings) to Rarity coming back (it seems like she was just on autopilot)

that and Pinkie's absence in the end.

other then those two (just nitpicks overall), I loved it. it felt real to the story and the characters.

4653437

I know people who've experienced it as well. Heck lots of people close to me actually. One didn't heal, but I know two who've been able to forgive. Well one truly forgive, and the other one only partially forgive them. But yeah, some people I guess never really come back from it, others ... there's lot of rage and hate for a long time, but with help, and people who're there for them it doesn't hurt forever. Although they never really forget it, the three people I was talking about.

But yeah. This was a great story, and I hope there's more to it.

4653500

bittersweet with hope for the future.
just the ending I was hoping for lol


Although, part of me was slightly hoping it would take a turn for the dark :twilightoops:

4653386
4653437
Just letting you guys know, as of now, there are no plans for continuing this fic. Currently, this is the finale.

Perhaps some BDSM oneshots at some point in the future, but nothing concrete.

4653585 It's all good!

I enjoyed the hell out of this one. If you ever do more with it, I promise that I will be right there lol


Thank you for the ride. (It was a blast!)

4653585

Aw! Well, if it ever does get a continuation I'll enjoy the ride. As is, this was one heck of a series. You did an amazing job, and while a bit of me feels the ending was anticlimatic, all in all I will more than likely re-read this series just as I did CCC.

I can't wait to see what you come out with next.


4653526

I feel the same. All in all, even with our different side of the fence debates. It was fun chatting with you here, and we both can agree that this fic was freaking awesome. See you next time somewhere :twilightsmile:. Oh, and thanks for the fun debates.

You found the only way to make everyone happy and end the story well.

Its over. NOW WHAT DO I LIVE FOR?!!

4654334
Hopefully, my next story.

4654348 Yay, I don't have to go die under a rock or do actual work!!:pinkiehappy:

4654372 If my stories sustain you financially, please tell me your secret.

4654373 Nope, they keep me from remembering I have school work to do :P

a nice spot to end it, not where I thought it was going but still a good ending all the same.

Somehow during this series I followed you, I don't even remember doing it. I thought to myself "Hell I've enjoyed this one, why don't I make sure I can read some of his other work?" That's when I saw I had already followed you, thinking that can't be right, I quickly looked through your blog posts and realised I had been reading them for a while now. I can be quite silly sometimes.

But on the upshot I can enjoy anything else you put up on this site.

*WolfSmile as I give you a full bow* Well done, Well Written, and a nice way to end it.

although you might want to consider a sequel where they have to somehow use the harmonies after this.
I give it:

:rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2:

Did I miss where Rarity confronted Pinkie Pie in the story?

4657279 No. I couldn't come up with anything good enough.

4657281

Heck that's easy. didnt Rarity Pinkie Promise not to hurt Rainbow at some part of the story?

4657305 Yet Pinkie later wanted to cut off a notch off of her ear.

Could Expand on that then. Pinkie doesn't even have to TOUCH her!! Just get Angry at her! *WolfGrin*

........ I can't help but feel somewhat disapointed. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good story and a good ending.... Yet there really feels like there is no real closure.
Whatever Rarity did, the Element of Generosity did not lose its shape, and neither did the others. Their friendship not only actiavted the elements, and showed their true power, but altered their shape. There really is no true seperation. The elements bind them and if they retained their forms even after the chaos of that incident, even rarity's, then there might be hope.
the the gems of a God Tree taking the shape of your self inflicted butt tattoo are involved, things are more comlicated.

Guess the problem is how the broken bonds and madness affected the elements of harmony was not really touched upon. The physical and mental aspects of this incident are well addressed, but not the metaphysical chains that bind them all together. No matter what Rarity was still connected to her elements, despite what she did. Yet the meaning of that is not really focused on.

4657900
Could have had a bit where Pinkie expresses her horror that Rarity's spell made her undergo the change from promising not to hurt her to actively calling for the group to cut off bits of her (even if it is just a bit from the ear). Not that the story really needs the scene that badly, just a thought.

Just so I know for sure, is this the end of the series?

4667690 At this current time, I have nothing further planned.

Well, even though that was not the ending I was expecting or hoping for, it was a good ending all the same. However, it does not seem finished. I do not know what it is, but something seems to be missing. It is like that nagging at the back of your mind. That thing where you just see something moving in the corner of your eye. You slowly turn your head to see what it is, but there is nothing there. Yet you can feel it.

I do not know what it is.

KBO.:twilightsmile:

4715046 I think I know what is missing. Did luna ever execute the trial.

4715046

Sadly i agree with this.

4715046 My Doctor Who senses are tingling.

5312230 At least someone's are.

Rarity....

WHY U NO DEAD YET:flutterrage:

5952008 Someone finally saw it. Kudos!

This question has been in my head for some time. How the heck do you get such great cover art?

6236323 For this series, I commissioned all the covers.

5952008 I think I just skipped over it because Frozen sucked. I don't recall seeing it and my mind usually skips over things without thinking if it will make me start singing for no reason.

...

Really? That's how you end it?

6238150 Most of my readers found it to be a satisfactory ending.

Login or register to comment