• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 2,363 Views, 67 Comments

Lyra and Bon Bon Screw Up - bahatumay



Take picture. Make wedding announcement. Send to everypony. Sounds simple enough, right?

  • ...
2
 67
 2,363

Epilogue

Lyra couldn't keep a smile off her face as she looked around at the room. Pinkie Pie had really outdone herself this time. She had stacked cakes of contrasting colors at least a pony's height on each of the tables, placed more streamers than she had ever seen before, provided more colors of punch than Rainbow's mane, set up tables specific to the various desserts, and she had even made personalized cupcakes with their colors and cutie marks. It was all rather glorious to behold.

She was refiling her cup for at least the fourth time when she felt a pony come up next to her.

“Lyra?” Bon Bon asked.

“What?”

“Is that your mother?”

Lyra turned and laughed... until she recognized the light blue unicorn mare approaching. Her breath caught in her throat and she dropped her cup, not even noticing or caring that she spilled some blue onto her dress.

Rarity did, though, and she fainted. But that's not too important right now.

“Breathe, Lyra,” Bon Bon said, bringing a hoof up and placing it on her back.

“I didn't think she would actually come,” Lyra said, beginning to hyperventilate and backpedal. “She's here to mock me, I just know it!”

“At least she's not in costume,” Bon Bon muttered.

That brought an image to mind that made Lyra almost die right then and there of horror.

But dying would have to wait. Lyra's mother walked right in front of her and stopped.

“Hello, Lyra,” she said. “Aren't you going to give me a hug on your special day?”

Never one to turn down a hug, Lyra leaned forward and wrapped her forelegs around her mother. Bon Bon quickly noticed that her mother didn't reciprocate.

“I'm so glad you're here," Lyra said. "I didn't know you supported me,” Lyra said breathlessly.

“Oh, I don't.”

Bon Bon winced. Lyra flinched and pulled back.

“I still think you're making a mistake. When I got the invitation, yes, I was repulsed that my daughter would do something so unnatural. Sitting with another mare in front of a sunset, looking like you're trying to have a normal relationship, I was half tempted to hang it on the wall and use it as target practice."

Bon Bon blinked. What a strange choice of words.

"But looking closer at it, I could see just how happy you were.” She sighed. “And, even if I still think you're a freak, at least you are happy and enjoying yourself, and I guess that will have to do.” She turned to Bon Bon. “Take care of her, all right?” And with that, she turned back to Lyra, gave her a very brief hug for real this time, and left.

Bon Bon turned to Lyra. “That was... pleasant.”

Lyra still tried to catch her breath. “Are you kidding me? Coming from my mom, she might as well have kissed you!” Lyra paused. “No, I'm the only one that can kiss you. Uh... That means she approves of you! Of us!”

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “She shows it funny.”

“She hugged me again!" Lyra squealed. "Of her own free will!”

"Yeah," Bon Bon smiled. "Guess this whole invitation thing worked out pretty well."

"Yeah," Lyra agreed, celebrating by grabbing herself another cup of punch. "I guess it did."

"That being said, let's not take any more of those pictures."

Lyra gave an exaggerated groan. "But Bonsy, you look so good in that saddle."

A devious grin spread across Bon Bon's face. “You're going to settle for me in that saddle? You need to think bigger, filly! I've got big plans for tonight. Stuff that will blow your mind.”

“What happens tonight?” Lyra asked innocently.

Bon Bon gave Lyra a quick tap upside her head. “Wedding night, Lyra. Use your brain.”

Lyra thought... and then a smile spread across her face.

Life was good.

Author's Note:

Welp, that's about it for this story. It was meant to be short and sweet and just a little bit saucy, and I think I somewhat succeeded.

Problem is, I kindof like this world I've created. Would anyone like seeing these two get into a few other situations?

Comments ( 23 )

I'm always up for some LyraBon and I love your playful comedy style here. :pinkiehappy:

Excellent fic, that was a very enjoyable read, and your writing is quite stellar.

I'd love to see more from you.

Maybe, a year down the line, Lyra and Bonbon decide they want to adopt? :twilightsmile:

... Wow... Lyra's mother sucks.

Freakin hilarious, yet touching story. I would love to see some more Lyra & Bon Bon stuff.

Well, it's a nice little epilogue. The scene's described well enough to get to feel the emotions of the pair, and the bit with the mother is... believable. She doesn't change her ways, but she at least sets the priorities on her daughter's happiness.

And the bit at the end... yeah, hope their walls are sound-proofed.

As for a sequel, I wouldn't mind seeing it. The thing I'm most worried about is what you'd write about. A lot of fics deal with Lyra and Bon Bon as a couple (Bon Bon goes to Anger Management, that Bible cruise thing and my own Changeling Blood come to mind) but their relationship is only ever part of the story. If you made a sequel, I'd expect it to be quite different from this story and have something to expand upon. Again, adoption comes to mind (please don't use a changeling, that way leads to madness :facehoof:), or possibly some conflict around the law, maybe?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards an adoption story. That lets you expand on the relationship, add in some more dynamic if you do add a child, and possible protests surrounding the rights of the child. But you'd have to pick something special, I suppose, like a griffon or a pegasus. Or a pony with some really noticeable quirk or defect. Yeah, I'm going to stop now before my sadist urges take over.

Good epilogue, good story. It's light, funny and heartwarming, in all the right ratios.

I'm somewhat surprised at how often adoption is coming up. I've said elsewhere that it prolly won't happen, mainly because while I believe it is something truly special (dare I say 'sacred'?), I don't think I know enough about how it works logistically to make it believable.
That being said... it's sounding more and more tempting...

2918511
:twilightsmile:

2918532
What can I say? They're a classic duo. Thanks!

2919489
There's a good chance of it happening.

2919205
Yeah... if there is a sequel, she's not coming back. I just wanted to give the two a 'all's well that ends well' ending.

2918639
Thank you!

2922493
Thanks!
Soundproofed room, no. But there is a soundproofing bubble spell. It requires a fair amount of concentration, though, so as you can imagine it's a bit... hit and miss, we'll say. :twilightblush:
If I continued this world, I think I'd keep to a theme of misunderstandings and miscommunications, maybe before and after the wedding. I would hate for it to be a rehash of the same thing, though; and I think that's what you're advising.
A pegasus could be cute...
oh gosh just came up with the idea of adopting abused filly grows up she's quiet and withdrawn robber comes in kills the intruder and they're not sure how to respond or how to treat her now what did you do to me

2925173

You're welcome. Adoption or not, I'll be sure to read any sequel to this. :twilightsmile:

2925173
Yeah, your idea of miscommunication's better, actually. Adoption, while a good option, is too obvious, and it wouldn't feel like a proper sequel to this story, just another Lyra/Bon Bon fic. I'm sure a little brainstorming will yield you a good idea for it.

Keep up the good work!

This was adorable. I loved the situation and how cleverly it worked out. And Lyra and her mom was brilliant. More please more.:pinkiehappy:

no adoption sory but thers 2 much of that maby some thing along the lines of "lyras gift and bon bons curse" per hapse but yhea give us more!!!!!

This was a hysterical story. I loved it.:pinkiehappy:

Kind of reminds me of the "nip slip" story in Seinfeld.

Well the only advice I have for future reference is, don't be shy about innuendos, I can tell there was some hesitation with them, it's fine to be a bit more direct, sure you may have to modify the fanatic tag, but that's really y it. And besides that, it was a really good fanfic.

I'd try to give more constructive feedback about this - for example the pacing -
but you've written a lot of other stuff since this.
So I think I will move on and read that instead ;).

welp new fav lyrabon story really funny, cute, riduculas well done

I usually detest Bon Bon...

But I enjoyed this.

I've been going through Lyra/Bon-Bon stories after watching episode 100 and...oh boy, that story description turned out to be pretty accurate, didn't it? :rainbowlaugh:

6098353
I know, right? :rainbowlaugh: I was like, 'no! You always check the invitations!'

I can only imagine how a FlutterDash story with this kind of plot would turn out.

Come on. This is Ponyville. Fifty bits says you can't even get past the invitations without something going wrong.

That moment when you predict the 100th episode two whole years before it was probably even written.

Just hilarious hijinks from this loveable duo

Great funny story there :)

Login or register to comment