• Published 8th Oct 2020
  • 3,220 Views, 129 Comments

I Get Off - chillbook1

Comments ( 15 )

Hey good for Aria, glad she and Sunset finally figured each other out. And good for her for finally moving on and pushing her out of her life. Whether or not it did good by the end (bit worried if she's trying to leech her way back in) is still up to debate, but glad she fixed things with Adagio. :twilightsmile:

Thank you so much for not having Aria and Sunset hook up. Thank you for not going for the cheap drama and instead having actual character development happen.

Fucking savage, I hope Sunset takes 1d4 psychic damage from that vicious mockery. :trollestia:

11810710
My heart wants to believe that this would be the wake-up call someone like Sunset needs to get her act together, and make herself a better person.

My brain says that someone like Sunset would find a way to pin all the blame on someone else.

I wanna read that conversation with Twilight. Also, is this the end of the Sunset Arc or does this psycho bitch have one more dick move in her?

Glad Ari and Ada patched things, and Ari got Sunset out of her life. Still feel bad for Twilight though.

At last, Aria truly realized the sort of person Sunset is. And she finally got her just desserts. I kinda wish we'd gotten a peek into Aria's thoughts upon reading the texts, but this was excellent work regardless.

11811110

Unable to contain herself, Aria powered on Sunset's phone and tried her old password; Unsurprisingly, it worked, and allowed Aria in to read the message. She looked it over once, twice, three times, feeling a mess of emotions wash over her. She was confused, she was betrayed, she was pissed off. And, when it was all said and done, Aria felt something new. An overwhelming sense of clarity.

It was complicated, she said before. Now, not so much.

And a bit later, she gives Adagio her perspective on the messages.

“Yeah, sounds like I wasn't the last girl she played. And that's when it hit me. It hit me that if she lied about that, then who's to say what else she lied about? Was she lying about being sorry? About wanting to be friends? And if she is, then why would she do that?” said Aria. “I realized that she doesn't want me back. She just doesn't want anyone else to have me, and she doesn't want me to have anyone else. So I decided that, if that's the type of person she is, then I don't give a shit what she thinks anymore. I miss what we had, and how she made me feel, but that person isn't who she is anymore. If she ever was.”

The specifics of the text don't really matter, because it's the very existence of the message that told Aria everything she needed to know. She didn't decide to sever ties with Sunset because she found out she was still involved with Twilight, per say. She severed ties because she finally understood that Sunset is toxic, dishonest, manipulative, and callous to the people around her.

11811094
In my head, Twilight takes this time to focus on herself for a bit and becomes highly successful in her field (she's a roboticist). Once she's satisfied with her own personal growth, then she starts dating again

Also, she and Ada stay in touch, trading texts every now and then.

The biggest letdown of this chapter was not getting to see Twilight rake Sunset over the coals for lying to her.

11818686
I did consider it, but I wanted to emphasize the idea that Aria doesn't need to see Sunset suffer in order to feel better about herself, and the readers didn't either.

11821001
Wait, was Sunset even supposed to be in Canterlot as far as Twilight was concerned? Did she lie about where she was going?

11821106
Sunset convinced Twilight that some time apart from one another would be good for them, mainly because Twilight was getting a little too serious about their relationship for Sunset's liking. Twi wanted to start talking about marriage, and Sunset wanted one last hurrah before she let herself get tied down. Twilight gave her blessing for Sunset to go back home for a while and "re-find" herself, and Sunset did what Sunset does, by taking advantage of her girlfriend's trust.

11824183
Why bother Aria then? Was it just because Sunset thought she was a safe bet?

Login or register to comment