• Published 18th May 2020
  • 6,289 Views, 608 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: The Phantom Of The Opera - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike are at it again as they travel to 19th century Paris to the Opera Populare that’ is supposedly haunted by the so called “Phantom of the Opera”

  • ...
12
 608
 6,289

Epilogue

In one instance, tensions were at an all-time high. For one little unicorn, pacing back and forth so frantically, the nerves were skyrocketing. For a lengthy period of time, Rarity battled many dangerous adversaries, saved countless ponies from crisis, and even stopped the Everfree Forest from taking over Equestria. She managed all of that, and she was still panicking, more scared than she was at this very second. Rarity sat upon her fainting couch, breathing so heavily she was amazed she didn’t even faint yet. Though, given how Rarity can be, it could happen at any given moment.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

A set of knocks at the door caused the frizzled unicorn to jump out of her seat, falling to the ground.

“Ow…” Rarity moaned. “Come in!”

When Rarity looked up, Twilight opened the door and entered the room. She came in with a huge smile on her face, wearing a fabulous dark purple dress.

“Alright lady of the hour,” Twilight Sparkle chimed. “We’ve got about twenty minutes before…”

Twilight’s words were cut off when she looked down, seeing Rarity lying on the ground breathing as if she’d just run a marathon… A hundred times over. She quickly ran up to her fallen friend, helping her onto her hooves before sitting her back on the couch.

“Are you all right, Rarity?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“Oh, of course I’m alright, darling,” Rarity assured, brushing herself off. “Why couldn’t I possibly be? I mean this is only the most momentous day of my life, certainly one I’ve been looking forward to since I was a filly. I mean the one single day where all my friends and family get to be together, to celebrate my…”

Rarity found her rapid words quickly silence when Twilight held her hoof to her lips. While Twilight has had her moments of… Well, ‘twilighting’ under stressful situations… Rarity had been talking at least a hundred miles per minute. It was more than even the well-educated Princess of Friendship could handle. Rarity turned to her friend’s lavender eyes, showcasing a hint of worry for her.

“Nervous?” Twilight asked, plainly.

Rarity gave a huge sigh, slumping back into the couch. Twilight used her magic to levitate a brush, which was sitting on a table in the far-off corner of the room. She brought it over and began running it through Rarity’s slightly unkept mane, due to her recent distress.

“Indeed I am,” Rarity admitted. “Is it that obvious?”

“Rarity, it’s completely normal to be nervous on a day like this,” Twilight assured, smiling. “I still remember how nervous Cadence actually was on her big day.”

“Somehow that doesn’t exactly make me feel better,” Rarity sighed, again. “Considering everything that happened on that day.”

Twilight giggled slightly, as all the memories rushed back of the horrible events leading to the moment the friends spoke about. Then again, Twilight also remember the good moments later on, once everything was dealt with of course. Now, she was hoping Rarity can experience the same joy.

“You know… I saw Erik earlier today,” Twilight told her. “He seemed just as nervous as you are, probably even more so.”

Rarity looked up at her friend, a curious look on her face. Yet, at the same time, there was also a hint of relief, especially in the eyes.

“He did?”

“Oh yeah. As a matter of fact, Mr. Squelch had to use all the strength he could muster just to keep him from panicking and running out of the door.”

This made Rarity laugh a bit, shaking her head at the antics of her beloved. She sighed happily, remembering everything they’ve been through together. From the day they met in Paris, the time spent together in his secret lair, returning to Equestria together, and the glorious three months since then. It’s been amazing, three months passed… Now here they are, on the most joyous day of days. Rarity could only hope she’d live to see it without suffering a heart attack or an anxiety attack… Or both.

“Twilight Sparkle be honest with me,” Rarity spoke, seriously. “Do you think perhaps it’s too soon?”

“No…” Twilight smiled, shaking her head. “You’re in love with the stallion of your dreams. In the last few months, ever since we’ve come back, we’ve all noticed a huge spring in your step. How giddy you are when you’re near him. I honestly wondered why it took so long.”

“But what if—”

“Rarity, I can’t speak from experience whether or not you guys rushed into anything. I still don’t have a love interest of my own nor have I ever spent time with a guy in that manner… Or even a girl, just to not discriminate the opposite sex. But right now, I just want to know one thing: Do you love him?”

Rarity turned back toward the window for a brief moment, gazing upon the beautiful day outside, as the sun shown across the room. Eventually, Rarity turned back towards Twilight, with a huge smile and tears in her eyes.

“Of course,” Rarity replied.

“Do you regret your decision?” Twilight asked further. “Do you think he does at all?”

“Absolutely not!”

“Then, why are you so worried? You should be celebrating what’s about to happen. I know he’d want to do the same.”

Rarity pondered over what her friend said, she couldn’t deny Twilight made valid points. Rarity truly loved Erik with all her heart and soul, she meant it everyday since that trip. She knew he loved her too, the way he looks at her is more than enough. When the time had come to discuss this huge step in their lives, she had no doubt this is indeed what she truly wanted, as he in turn wanted.

This is Rarity’s biggest day of her life, and Celestia help her if she would spend it worrying about all the ‘what ifs’. Twilight Sparkle was right: From one stressed pony to another, everything was going to be just fine.

“Twilight Sparkle, you are absolutely right,” Rarity said, determined. “When you’re right, you’re right.”

“Yeah… I usually am,” Twilight said, smugly.

The two of them had a laugh before Twilight led her toward her vanity mirror in the corner, the white dress standing next to it.

“Now then, let’s get you ready. You wouldn’t want to be late to your own wedding, would you?”

<>

In the grand hall of Canterlot Castle, Erik, formerly ‘The Phantom of the Opera, looked out upon the massive crowd in attendance. The room had been beautifully decorated, arranged with beautiful purple and white flowers, banners hanging from the ceilings, and all the tapestries surrounding the grand hall. There he stood upon the altar, nervously scrapping his hoof against the floor. He still could not believe this was actually happening.

Only a few months ago, had someone told him he’d end up in a world full of colorful ponies, talking dragons, griffins, etc., where he would marry the most beautiful mare in all the land… He would have believed them to be more insane than him. He closed his eyes tightly for a moment before quickly opening them up again, expecting this to all be a dream. Any moment now he believed he would wake up in the swan bed of his secluded lair, beneath the Opera House, back to a life hiding his face from the world… But it never came.

The feeling of a hoof across his back caused him to turn, toward his three loyal minions standing by his side. All dressed in their best, all in purple and white, they had been keeping watch on Erik at this most excruciating hour.

“Nervous sir?” Mr. Squelch asked.

“Is it that obvious?” Erik sighed.

“No need to be, master,’ Ms. Fleck assured. “Ever since we’ve arrived in this world, you and Miss Rarity have been attached at the hip.

“You’ve both already spent every waking moment together,” Dr. Gangle noted. “All that’s left to do is make this official.”

“My only true fear is she will see the monster residing within me,” Erik said, sadly. “And once again, I will be left alone.”

“I would not worry about that, my friend.”

Erik and the trio look up as Princess Celestia herself floated down to stand at the head of the altar. She was to preside over the ceremony itself as the officiant. At the moment, however, she saw a fellow in need of advice.

“You were willing to risk everything, including your own life, to save Rarity and the others. You’ve put aside your past for a new life with her in Equestria. To me, those do not seem like the actions of a monster.”

“But my past misgivings could—”

“What you have done in your past is terrible, yes that is true. But what you decide to do with your future is what truly counts. You were forgiven for your discretions when you arrived in this world; since then, you have lived a very clean life. I believe you have shown Rarity the kind, gentle being that she fell in love with. Just as she has no doubt shown you she will love, honor, and cherish you even with your past.”

Despite his feelings and doubts plaguing his mind, Erik could not deny the truth in the princess’s words. Despite everything he’s done: The crimes he’s committed, the hell he’s unleashed, and the lives he’s ruined, Rarity was still willing to look past it, to find the man behind the monster. She accepted him, loving him for the genius, kind, and gentle man he could truly be. Not to mention, when he first showed his face to her, she did not run in terror or shriek in fear. Rather, she saw past the hideousness and saw him… Only him. If she can do that, what did he have to worry about?

Soon enough, the ceremony began as every pony watched from their seats as the rest of the Mane Six, Rarity’s brides-mares, made their way down the aisle. Then came the CMC, as the little flower fillies, who adorably skipped down the aisle tossing flowers about. Then, came the true beauty of the entire procession, the lovely bride to be: Rarity.

Every pony stood on their hooves, as Rarity slowly walked down the aisle, the happiest she ever appeared in her life. Her dress was the same shade of white as her flawless fur coat, with additional golden trimmings. Her mane was slightly curled more than its usual style, a single pink rose nestled above her ear.

In Erik’s eyes, Rarity was truly the personification of an angel. When she finally made it to the alter, standing across the man-turned-stallion and soon-to-be husband, a few tears trickled down her precious face. Princess Celestia stood tall and regal, as the audience sat back in their seats.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today on this most glorious of days to join together this stallion and this mare in holy matrimony. The couple have written their own vows that they will present to each other before the rings are exchanged. With that in mind, Rarity you may go first.”

Rarity looked deep into Erik’s grey blue eyes, pouring her heart into the vows she read to her beloved.

“My dear Erik, our together has been short, and has not always been beautiful. However, in the short few months we have been together, you captivated me, inspired me in ways no other stallion could ever amount to. You once believed you were not a man deserving of love simply for how you looked. But when I look upon you now, all I can see is a handsome stallion who I will be more than happy to share the rest of my life with, whom I would be proud to call my husband.”

After her vows were complete, Rarity nearly broke down crying from all the love and happiness radiating from her. Even Erik couldn’t help the tears that spilled down his face. Now it was Erik’s turn to profess his undying love.

“Rarity, mon ange, from the moment you stepped into my life, you brought me such joy and happiness I have never been able to feel in my entire life. When we met, I was not only unloved or unloving, I was an enemy of love. Love only ever brought me pain because it only served as a horrible reminder of what I could never possess. But you showed me the man behind the beast and introduced me to a world of happiness and bliss beyond anything I could ever imagine. I swear to you, on this day, I will spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you made me.”

As he finished off his vows, not only was Rarity crying, but so too were her brides-mares, the rest of the audience, even Princess Celestia had trouble holding herself together. It was at that moment little Spike walked up to them, dressed in his little tuxedo, carrying a pillow with two rings on top. Held it up high, as Rarity and Erik both pick up the rings with their magic. Celestia began to read the vows of commitment.

“Do you Erik promise to take Rarity to be your lawfully wedded wife? To love, honor, and cherish her from this day forward? In sickness and in health, in good times and bad, for better or worse, as long as you both shall live?”

Erik levitated the ring in his magical grip, placing it gently in Rarity’s horn.

“I do,” He said.

“And do you Rarity promise to take Erik to be your lawfully wedded husband? To love, honor, and cherish him from this day forward? In sickness and in health, in good times and bad, for better or worse, as long as you both shall live?

Rarity wiped away a tear before using her magic to place the ring on Erik’s horn.

“I do,” She replied, happily.

“Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife,” Celestia declared. “Erik, I am happy to say, you may kiss your lovely bride.”

Both Erik and Rarity shed tears, as they lean in and sealed their everlasting love with a kiss. The entire audience stood and cheered for the happy couple. The Mane Six and Spike all wiped their eyes, as they too were happy for their best friend and the love of her life. The wedding bells chimed throughout the palace, as Rarity and Erik faded into the cheering crowd.

Today, their new life as husband and wife began. There was no doubt, to any pony’s mind, this day would forever be remembered as the happiest day of their lives.

<>

The Cemetery 1919
Dusk

The wheels of Raoul’s wheelchair clicked against the cracked, ragged stone of the graveyard path. The Nurse and Driver, his personal attendants, wheel him through. Dead leaves crunched and scattered as he neared his destination. His old, worn face looked up to spot the mausoleum, weathered by the wind, rain, and snow. His shaky gloved hands held the music box with the monkey tightly in his lap, as his attendants wheel him toward the single headstone. When they stop, he began to stand, both his nurse and driver moving to help him stand. He gave a slight wave of the hand, dismissing them, and with great effort he stands on his own two feet.

The vicomte slowly takes a few steps toward the magnificent monument, the large marble headstone with ornately carved flowers decorating the top, the beauty of the stone flowers matching the name carved into the stone.

Christine: Countess de Chagny, Beloved Wife and Mother

Her picture sat in a small frame inlaid in the headstone, her face smiling at him. He slowly walks over, setting the music box down at the base of the headstone, internally hearing its melody. He looked up at the picture of his wife, smiling sadly at her beautiful face.

Ever since that day many years ago, Raoul and Christine were able to live together in peace and raised a son together: Gustave. Such a talented little boy, just like his mother. They spent ten long years together as a family, which wasn’t always happy but their love for one another never faltered… And then, twelve years ago, Christine had died. The events of that tragedy were never fully explained. Some say she got sick, some say she died of a broken heart, and the rest would say otherwise. Only Raoul and a few others knew the events that led to her untimely death, but that was one story he’d never tell anyone, and no one dared to ask him. Raoul had not seen his son since his mother’s passing, but they’d write letters every chance they get.

Raoul turned with a saddened, sigh, but the something caught his eyes… Something far too familiar…

A blood-red rose sat at the bottom of the headstone; a midnight black ribbon tied to the thorn-ridden stem. But that wasn’t all: For a sparkling ring was tied to it as well, the ring he’d bought for Christine many years ago, now there it was tied to the rose, laying mournfully at the grave. The flower was far too fresh, having been sitting there for more than a day…

No…” Raoul thought. “They… They couldn’t be.

Raoul looked around the headstones, wondering if someone else were still there other than him and the attendants. But he saw nothing, not even a shadow. Sniffling, he nods a few times, looking toward the rose. It sat on the freezing stone, petals ruffled by the wind, the sparkling ring glinting slightly in the dull light. He turned and slowly walked back to his wheelchair, setting himself back down into it. He gently wiped tears off his wrinkled cheeks, gazing a few moments at his wife’s grave before he was taken back to the motor vehicle, vowing to never leave the past behind…

As they departed, a hidden figure had been watching at a great distance… Erik, in his Stallion form. Sometime earlier, before the wedding, he had come to pay one last visit to see Christine, only toward her grave. The magic was not easy, for he was still learning during that period, but once he did he arranged for this visit without any pony’s prior knowledge. He too knew the story of the most unfortunate circumstance of Christine’s passing, a secret he preferred to keep to himself. All that he knew was this: Christine is dead, but his love for her… Never truly died.

But he was also reminded of one important thing: If he really loved someone, he had to let them go. And that’s just what happened, he carried the ring Christine had left for him and choosing to leave it at her monument with a rose. Not only as closure for all the trouble that happened nor to make peace with his former enemies, but so he can leave behind the last parts of his humanity before fully embracing his pony side.

“Goodbye… Christine,” Erik whispered.

Then after one final gaze toward the headstone, Erik turned around as a portal opened up before him ready to take him back to Equestria. There was no longer a reason to be back in Paris anymore and yet he was happy because he had something to look forward to when he got home. Erik had a wedding to prepare for. He was to be married to Rarity, the most beautiful unicorn he had been proud to call his friend and the key to his heart, a lifetime of eternal bliss he vowed to make the most of. An everlasting period of love for Rarity and Erik, the stallion formerly known as…

The Phantom of the Opera…

https://m.
https://m.
Comments ( 47 )

Nice wrapping up with a wedding

Whoah...amazing ending! I love it! Er...still incomplete?

True the original 'Phantom of the Opera' did not end as happily as the way we decided to do for this rendition, but then what do we ever expect in an Opera? But to tie this all together with a wedding between a former mysterious Phantom and a unicorn who's had a stroke of bad luck when it comes to romance, even for 'this' canon, it is truly one of the most beautiful segments put together. Indeed a chance for both parties to start a new chapter in each other's lives: A man willing to leave everything he knew behind for a new life and Rarity finding the missing part of her she longed for so long. For this series, I know for a fact that they will be happy together and that they found their peace together.

Who knows how this will carry on in the remaining stories to come? But I daresay, as a huge fan of 'The Phantom of the Opera', amongst the few references of the various materials put into this story, this is one of the greatest projects I ever worked with alongside Mr. Enigma. I can't imagine any other production that leaves me with the same feeling that this story gave to me personally.

10281752
This ending has been planned since it was decided between Mr. Enigma and I to bring Erik and Rarity together. It was all a matter of the many reactions we could expect from this.

10281770
I wouldn't say incomplete in the sense you are thinking of. Merely one story is officially done and another will soon begins. Erik has completely moved on from his past, and he found his peace in the comfort of a unicorn who was just as lonely as he was.

10281775
Oh, no, I meant the story is still marked as incomplete. It was a fantastic ending.

10281780
Huh... Well, I'm sure we can fix that. Unless there's another surprise that I didn't know about, this is news for me.

10281784
Thank you, Mr. Ribbert.

10281787
Ah, just got changed. Still, a great ending.

10281792
Thank you very much. Being big fans of the show, we really want this ending to be smashing. Even if this isn't as popular as our previous works, that doesn't matter mostly to me. I just wanted to help Mr. Enigma get his vision together and I love writing. Apart from my actual job and among my many other hobbies, I can't see myself doing anything else.

10281796
Aww, that's sweet. Well, I'm looking forward to your next story.

A momentous ending to a momentous story! Erik now has a wife and rarity a husband! This story has added new depth to the series!
For our next story our heroes will have to unleash their inner ‘silliness’ again!

Awesome ending

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! Great ending! And congratulations to Erik and Rarity! 😂

R.I.P. Christine Daae...

AWWWWWW~~:rainbowkiss:
This ending is so adorable

Nice way to end this, even if it wasn't what i was hoping for.

The thing I'm most confused about is why was rainbow and applejacks tags prominent when nothing particular happened with them

10281876
Agreed Toonwriter!! :twilightsmile:

I still don’t have a love interest of my own nor have I ever spent time with a guy in that manner

What about Flash Sentry? Or doesn't that count?

And I congratulate the married couple....

Yet wait. If Erik is in Equestria now, who left the ring and flower on the grave....

10282160
Twilight Sparkle is... 'Complicated'.

She fell in love with the human version of Flash Sentry, who was once the ex-boyfriend of Sunset Shimmer. Then when she left the Equestria Girls series so Sci-Twi could take over, Flash tried to connect with Sci-Twi but 'that' didn't work and it was still kind of awkward for him trying to be friends with Sunset. Not to mention the 'pony' Flash Sentry in Equestria doesn't really know the 'pony' Twilight that well, even though they've bumped into each other during the first Equestria Girls movie but nothing really came off after that apart from a few subtle appearances in the series before nearly not showing up.

So... It's complicated.

10282169
… Who do you think?

10282035
Because they get a few bits of dialogue here and there? They are not the plot driven characters essentially, but they do add a bit of conflict to the dilemma.

10282194

Well, I know it was the Phantom, but how did he get there if he was in Equestria? Unless he teleported somehow and....

Me am confused! :derpyderp1::derpyderp2:

10282248
Well the television won’t just transport you to a world once. It can transport you multiple times if you wish

10282256

Ah, including through time. Clever! :twilightsmile:

Great story. I can't wait for the next on, which is like a struggling student's grave....below the "C" level.

10282160
To quote Big Mac: Nnnope!

Bravo, bravo! That’s was a beautiful wedding for the two unlucky souls in love finding themselves with great joy! Another great story ended and onwards towards the next one soon. Great job Double E and Phantom Drama.

10282334
Just 'Dramamaster' will do just fine, if you'd please. I'll even let you call me 'Mister' Dramamaster if you'd like.

10282160
Many might say no, i say yes.

"HOLD IT! HOLD EVERYTHING! My recent trip to Jolly Roger Bay in Super Mario 64 just reminded me of something."

*Slaps Twilight with a fish*

Twilight: "What'd you do that to me for?"

"For that cold shower wake up call you gave to Spike."

10287172
Buddy, I'm a really busy man at this time. All that you need are in the symbols just above your comment post (Obviously). Just try them out, it's all trial and error. Any greenie can do it (Even I did).

Another great story

10296266
'Technically', our first project 'The Wizard of Oz' was produced by MGM Studios.

Magnificent! Truly, you have done the original story justice, as well as given a misunderstood man a new life.

As for a suggestion for another story, how about Van Helsing?

What a beautiful ending. I loved that you gave Erik a happier ending. I just got another idea for your universe if you do another musical after you finish "the conjuring" how about "Mama Mia"?

well this is one I was not expecting. I'm more afraid of the original silent movie as well as the original literary story, but this works pretty well since MLP has always been musically inclined. I am familiar with the musical and the movie version, but never seen either before now. I am taking an interest after reading this though. I like the characterization for Erik interacting with the ponies though I am on the fences with the whole Rarity ship given that he doesn't meet her in a human form like Twilight or Sunset did with Flash Sentry.

I gotta say I am really on the fence with this ship. It felt kinda over the top?

10282676
yeah that seemed out of character to twilight, but i think the occasional out-of-character experience is pretty refreshing, like when fluttershy gets angry for a good reason, or the fact that dash likes the spa, out of character moments keeps the mane six fresh and more relatable

This story is brought to you by Phantom's Pizzeria home of the the most dramatic pizza you've ever tasted

Rarity in this movie:

Before reading:
"How did this user manage to crossover a TV universe with an off-screen drama on a stage and an audience?"

Login or register to comment