• Published 18th May 2020
  • 6,228 Views, 608 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: The Phantom Of The Opera - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike are at it again as they travel to 19th century Paris to the Opera Populare that’ is supposedly haunted by the so called “Phantom of the Opera”

  • ...
12
 608
 6,228

The Cemetery

Raoul looked around in panic, surrounded by dozens of mirrors. He drew his sword; strands of hair fell into his face. All he could see was his own panicked flection as he spun around the dark room. Suddenly, he spotted the Phantom’s devilish mask and swung at him, only to find himself aiming at his own reflection. He spun around and found two more forms of the Phantom, but which one was real? Raoul slashed at him, again realizing he wasn’t there. The Phantom slowly and stealthily slid behind one of the mirrors, hidden from sight. Raoul’s breath was quick, worrying the Phantom could kill him at any time.

Once again, The Phantom stepped out from behind the mirror, standing perfectly calm and still, as if daring Raoul to find which one wasn’t the reflection. Raoul turned around slowly, all the reflections and mirrors disoriented him. He heard a crack and spun around, wildly slashing his sword, only to find a noose hanging from the ceiling behind him. He stared at the deadly rope just as someone grabbed his shoulder. His head whips to the right to find… Madame Giry and the ponies, including little Spike, standing there.

Raoul’s face relaxed, while they all looked at him with concern. Giry eyed the noose before pulling the man out of the room of mirrors. As she led him down the corridors, as far from the room as possible, she ignored the sudden confusion on Raoul’s face.

“Are you alright, Raoul?” Twilight asked, frantically.

“He didn’t hurt yah too much, did he?” Applejack asked.

“No… Thank God, I thought I was done for,” Raoul replied, shaken.

“Okay, that’s it!” Rainbow growled. “I am so kicking that Phantom straight toward the darkness where he belongs!”

“Rainbow Dash!” Rarity gasped.

“Come on, Rarity! When are you going to see this guy is a criminal? He deserves to be punished!”

“Madame Giry, how do you know about that room?” Raoul asked the ballet teacher.

“I’ve been here a very long time, Monsieur,” She told him, walking off. “Now, you should go and rest.”

But Raoul knew Giry was hiding something. He and the others followed her down the darkened corridors, trying to get her attention.

“Madame Giry-“ He tried. “Madame Giry!”

“Please, Monsieur, don’t ask me,” She told dismissively, approaching her room. “I know no more than anyone else.”

“That’s not true!” Raoul stated strongly, rounding the corner.

“Ever since we’ve been here, you seemed to know more about this Phantom than anyone else,” Twilight said, suspiciously.

“You’ve seen something, haven’t you?” Rainbow quested, flying to her face. “What are you hiding?”

“Oh please every pony, let’s not argue,” Fluttershy whimpered.

“We’ll stop when she tells us wut she knows!” Applejack said, glaring at Madame Giry.

Madame Giry gave a disgruntled sigh, as she opened the door to her room.

“I don’t know what I’ve seen,” She said. “Please don’t ask, there have been too many accidents.”

“Accidents?” Raoul questioned.

Raoul gently grabbed onto Madame Giry’s arm, causing her to turn to him. From the expression on his face, he was clearly worried for Christine.

“Please, Madame Giry, for all our sakes.”

Against her better judgment, Madame Giry gave a sigh as if knowing she was going to regret this.

“Very well,” Madame Giry said.

She ushered the group to enter her room, shutting the door once all were inside. They looked around, spotting various mementos scarred around the room including pictures of family members. Giry walks over to a desk, lighting a lamp, and turns toward Raoul. She gazes toward a picture of a young woman on the desk.

“It was years ago… There was a traveling fair in the city. Tumblers, conjurors, human oddities… Gypsies. I was very young…”

Madame Giry began to remember… The young woman in the picture was her, and all the memories of that one night flooded back. Looking at her picture, deciding to have a better look for herself, Rarity silent used her magic to gaze into the vision Madame Giry had witnessed, to understand what she knew:

<>

Rarity found herself in Paris, several years into the past. All the passing citizens walked by her, some even going ‘through’ her… Literally. As if they were all ‘Ghosts of Days Long Past’. Then, she spotted Madame Giry… Or at least, the young girl who would be ‘Madame Giry’. She was dressed in her white ballet uniform, along with a group of similar girls, a cloak wrapped around her shoulders. They all gathered at the fair, sticking close together so Rarity followed them.

“I was studying to be a ballerina…” Madame Giry continued. “One of many living in the dormitories of the Opera House.”

A man, an acclaimed fire-breather, blew flames from himself, startling the young ballerinas, causing Madame Giry and Rarity to flinch back, a reflex on the former’s part. They continued on passing many interesting characters. A contortionist curling herself under her arched back, a monkey running around wearing a red jacket, and a man able to stretch the skin on his face. A gypsy woman with curly black hair and wild coal-lined eyes drew the girls toward the fair.

“Come see the wonder from the East!” A gypsy woman said.

Then, they stumble upon a tanned man with curling black hair and ratty clothes, beckoning them into his tent.

“Come! Come!”

The group of ballet students stepped back in fear, for a moment. Even Rarity seemed nervous as she looked at the sign.

“Come inside!” The man grinned, gesturing his ring-covered fingers. “Come and see… The Devil’s Child.”

Sure enough, the sign read ‘The Devil’s Child’ in blood-red letters, just as the gypsy announced. They all slowly entered the tent, even the red-jacket monkey came along. His curled mustache twitched as he grinned, watching the young women enter one-by-one. In the center of the spacious tent sat a cage surrounded by citizens. The young Madame Giry and Rarity step forward, through the crowd with the other girls, and leaning along the bars. In the corner of the cage, crouching on the hay-covered floor, was a young boy.

“I shall never forget him: A boy… Locked in a cage…”

His trousers were cut off at the knees, fraying. He had no shirt, and a burlap bag was pulled over his head, with two tiny holes cut for the eyes. His skin was bruised, covered in dirt, his long fingers coated in dust and grime, his fingernails chipped and broken. His feet were cut and bruised; the soles of his feet were black from the dirt. His ribs were visible and from what could be seen, he appeared sickly. Young Madame Giry and Rarity made eye contact with the boy, the pale eyes peering toward Giry. He slowly looked down at the toy held in his hand: A little monkey with glass bead eyes. The boy took two finger cymbals, attached them to the hands, and clinked them together.

The boy was hunched over the toy, as the man with the odd mustache stepped into the cage, brandishing a stick. He storms over the boy, kicking the toy from his hands. He shoved the boy over, holding him by the sack that covered his face. The man was obviously infuriated for some reason, as the boy raised his arms to shield himself as the devilish man raised the stick and swung harshly along the boy’s side.

SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

The group of people surrounding the caged laughed, as the stick connected with the skin. They all laughed, except young Madame Giry and Rarity, watching with pity and sadness. The other girls laughed with the rest of the crowd, watching the man bet the boy with the stick a few more times before ripping the burlap bag from the boy’s face.

“Behold, mesdames and messieurs, the Devil’s Child!” The man announced.

The boy immediately ducked his head, not wanting to show his face. The man gripped him by the hair, yanking his head high. The crowd leered, laughed, and jeered at the deformed half of the boy’s face, treating him like an animal… A monster. While others screamed in horror, the young Madame Giry and Rarity watched with utter sadness. They could not believe the poor boy had to go through this every single day. As the boy dropped to the floor, pulling the burlap sack over his head to hide his face, all the visitors began to leave and some tossed coins into the cage.

Young Madame Giry and Rarity were the last to leave, not wanting to leave the poor boy alone. The man knelt along the floor of the cage, grabbing the coins greedily, counting what he earned. While he was distracted, the boy finally decided he had enough. Rarity turned around and noticed him unwrapping a rope from around one of the bars, standing quietly. Rarity gasped, forgetting this was a vision, but whether she was heard or not Young Madame Giry also turned to look back. And as she did, she witnessed the young boy wrap the rope tightly around the man’s neck, choking him. The man gripped at the rope as he was strangled, gasping for breath.

Rarity and Giry gasped at the sight, just as the man stopped moving and dropped to the ground. The boy grabbed the toy monkey off the floor, slowly turning up and meeting Madame Giry’s eyes. Rarity did not know if he could see her too, but when she looked in his eyes she felt he could see through someone’s soul. Still Rarity watched as Giry moved to the cage and in her rush, she grabbed the keys from the man’s belt, unlocking the door.

“MURDER! MURDER!”

Rarity turns seeing a man run in, shocked at the sight. As he shouted, Rarity turns back and sees the kids run hand-in hand and gallops after them. They run through the streets, closely followed by the police. They ran until they reached the Opera House, Rarity witnessed Giry help him through a grated entryway on the side of the building. The two girls rushed inside and climbed down to the chapel, where Rarity found the boy climbing in. Rarity stood quietly as he looked around, seeing all the paintings of angels and cherubs. Then she saw him grab Giry’s hand, the young girl leading him to a place where she knew he’d be safe.

<>

As the memories ended, Rarity’s eyes opened, and she could fear the hot tears stream down her face. Erik truly lived such a horrible life, treated that way for so long. Put on display as nothing more than a freak in a circus. No wonder he went insane…

“I id him from the world and its cruelties…” Giry spoke, as Rarity turned to her. “He has known nothing else of his life since then… Except this Opera House.”

When Rarity silently watched Madame Giry, the unicorn could see a few tears roll down her cheeks. She shook her head, sniffling.

“It was his… Playground, and now his artistic domain. He’s a prodigy, monsieur! Scholar, architect, designer, magician, musician…”

“A composer?” Twilight guessed, knowing the answer.

“And an inventor too, little one,” Giry nodded. “They boasted he had once built for the Shah of Persia, a maze of mirrors…”

“The Mirror Room…” Fluttershy whispered, frightened.

“Who was this man…?” Applejack asked.

“A freak of nature…” Giry shuddered. “More monster than man…”

“Deformed…?” Raoul murmured.

“From birth, it seemed…”

“Sweet Celestia…” Rainbow said, a hoof over her mouth.

Raoul looked at her, watching her face contort in sadness, a sadness she’d been feeling for many, many years.

“I never saw him again after that, I assumed he had died…” Giry continued.

“But he didn’t die, did he?” Twilight asked, darkly.

“The world forgot him, but I never can… He’s a genius!”

“But clearly, Madame Giry, genius has turned to madness,” Raoul stated.

“So that Phantom was that boy,” Twilight concluded. “If we don’t think of a way to stop him, who knows what other chaos will ensue?”

“We should start thinking of a plan to put a stop to him and soon!” Spike suggested.

Finally, having heard just about enough, Rarity couldn’t take this anymore.

“Oh, why don’t you all just leave him be?!” Rarity yelled.

Everyone was shocked at her sudden outburst, turning to her with wide eyes. She quickly took off running, crying as she galloped down the hall.

“Rarity, wait!” Twilight called.

The rest of the ponies and Spike chased after her, leaving Raoul and Madame Giry behind. Madame Giry looked down with a sign, dabbing at her eyes.

<>

Paris
1919 (Dusk)

Raoul stirred from his memories, still in his care. In the distance just ahead, he can just see his destination: A legendary old cemetery, partially seen in the fading light. He makes a sigh as he reflects once more on his memories… To the point where everything… Went wrong…

<>

Paris
1870 (Dawn)

Christine couldn’t sleep that night, after everything that happened. The first time she awoke, she’d dreamed of her father’s death for the first time in many years. She sat up, grabs a gold locket off the bedside table and opened it. Inside, there was a small picture of her father and she stared at it for almost half an hour, trying to calm her racing heart. When she awoke again, she sat up and ran her hands through her hair. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t fall asleep and when she did, she’d only dream of more horrors.

Christine fiddled with the golden locket, placing it around her neck. Sighing, she gazed out the window as the rays of the early morning sun poured into the room. She touched the picture of her father before shutting the locket, climbing out of bed. She wrapped a blue shall around her shoulders, opening the door to her room silently and walked down the hall as quietly as she could.

A familiar figure watched from the shadows, Erik, witnessing Christine awake in distress. His eyes narrowed as he saw her exit the Opera house.

Where was she headed?” Erik wondered, to himself

He swiftly climbed down the steps following the young woman.

Christine walked toward the stables, spotting the carriage driver. She held a bag of money to the man, a bedraggled man, pieces of straw sticking to his clothes and hair. His nose was pink from the early morning cold.

“Monsieur,” Christine greeted, quietly.

“Where to, Mademoiselle?” He asked, taking the coin purse.

“The cemetery.”

Christine turned back to find more proper attire than her nightgown. The man began counting the money in the palm of his hand, before proceeding to attach the carriage to the two horses pulling it. Christine ran inside, grabbing her black travelling dress, draping it over her arm. She quickly changed into the thick black velvet dress, which was low cut in the front, the sleeves coming down to her wrists, and she wrapped a lacey black sash around her waist, tying it in a bow in the back, grabbing a black cloak, and wrapped it around her shoulders, pinning it at her neck. She found a bouquet of red roses, grabbing the ones that weren’t wilted or dead.

“Christine?”

Christine gave a small squeak, jumping at the sudden mention of her name. She quickly turned around and saw Rarity, the unicorn standing before her looking completely dreadful. Her beautiful blue eyes were bloodshot from crying, appearing as though she hadn’t slept all night.

“My goodness Rarity,” Christine spoke, concerned. “What happened to you?”

“Nothing,” Rarity responded, brushing off the question. “It’s just been a very long night.”

“Indeed it has,” Christine nodded.

“Where are you off to at this early hour?”

“I need to escape from here for a while. I’m off to the cemetery to visit my father’s grave.”

“Is it possible I might accompany you?”

Christine cocked her head to the side in confusion, wondering why Rarity would want to go. Usually, her visits to her father’s grave was something she did alone. However, seeing the state the young unicorn was in, Christine nodded.

“Of course. Come with me.”

Meanwhile, as the carriage driver finished fixing the reigns of the horses, Erik whacked him hard on the back of the head with a wooden stick. Not hard enough to ‘kill’ him, but enough to knock him to the ground, unconscious. Erik grabbed the man’s black riding cloak, pulling it on as well as his scarf, which he wrapped around his neck. He pulls up the hood, so it hid his face, and he jumped onto the driver’s spot, leading the horses and carriage out of the stables.

Christine and Rarity quickly departed from the Opera House, awaiting for the carriage to arrive. Once it pulled up before them, they quickly jump inside and off they went. Erik directed the horses through the foggy forest roads, mud splattering around them. Christine and Rarity watch the passing trees, the former fiddles with the roses in her hands.

Christine (Sings):
In sleep he sang to me…
In dreams he came…

Rarity (Sings):
That voice, which calls to me
And speaks my name…

They sang quietly to themselves, neither one knowing what they were thinking. As for Christine, her mind wandered to when her father told her of the Angel of Music. She remembered being so happy when she heard Erik for the first time. And somehow, she still knew he was her Angel of Music, no matter what.

<>

Back at the De Chagny manor, Twilight and the others slept peacefully outside of Christine’s room. After the events of the masquerade ball, they stood guard at her door in case The Phantom decided to come knocking. The doors suddenly flung open, causing them all to snap awake.

“What happened?” Twilight asked, quickly.

“Is he here?” Rainbow added, looking around.

Suddenly, they turn to see Raoul exit the room, looking rather worried.

“Raoul?” Fluttershy asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Christine never came to bed last night,” Raoul answered. “Have you all seen her?”

This caused them all to look at each other, nervously.

“No, we haven’t seen her,” Applejack shook her head.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Next thing they knew, a scream echoed throughout the halls of the manner. They quickly raced toward the source, rounding the corner spotting Pinkie Pie peering into Rarity’s room with wide eyes.

“Pinkie, what happened?” Spike asked.

“Rarity isn’t in her room!” Pinkie cried, rambling. “I went over to her room to check on her, I figured she was still in bed after last night. I knocked on the door because I didn’t want to walk in so rudely, I even brought her favorite cupcake! But when she didn’t answer, I was thinking maybe she wasn’t in there, but then I thought where else she could be, and then I thought…”

Pinkie’s rambling was cut short, as Twilight quickly flew forward and put her hoof over her friend’s mouth.

“Pinkie, where… Is… Rarity?”

Pinkie just shrugged, muffling something incoherent behind Twilight’s hoof. Every pony, including Spike and Raoul, were extremely worried. Both Christine and Rarity were gone, and they had absolutely no idea where they could be. Then, Raoul thought for a moment as a sudden look of realization came over.

“I think I know where they are,” Raoul said.

“You do?” Fluttershy asked.

“Where?” Spike added.

“No time to explain. Follow me!”

Raoul and the others dashed out the front door of the mansion, back to where Raoul hitched his white horse in his own stable. He quickly climbed atop the horse, galloping off with the ponies running alongside him while Spike rode on Twilight’s back. If Raoul’s suspicions were true, he hoped they weren’t too late.

<>

When the carriage arrived, it stopped before the tall, black, wrought-iron cemetery gates. Christine climbed out, as Rarity jumped out behind her, pushing the gates open. Erik watched them walk inside, slowly moving the carriage away, knowing exactly how to get to where she was headed. Snow clung to the ground and to all the statues, gravestones, monuments, and tombs. The trees were bare as they looked around.

“My, what a creepy place,” Rarity shivered.

Christine slowly walked forward, towards her father’s tomb. She paused for a moment, thinking of her father’s smile and his laugh. She smiled sadly, as she kept walking.

“Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing…” Christine recited to herself, as Rarity looked on. “Her father promised her that he would send her the Angel of Music… Her father promised her… Her father promised her…”

As they kept walking, Christine suddenly began to sing.

https://m.

Her beautiful, angelic voice echoed through the entirely empty cemetery. Christine smiled at the memories she had of him: Playing the violin for her when she couldn’t sleep or chasing her around the house. Her smile faded, as they all ended with her father lying sick in bed.

Christine sang of wishes she never spoke aloud toward the lifeless, cold, snow ridden statues surrounding her. She walks down a row of angels, all looking calmly down at their hands, and some even seemed to peer toward her.

Christine bit her lip, trying not to let tears slip from her eyes. The things she sang about had been bottled up inside her for years. She never voiced the sadness she felt, always trying to focus on happier times. All that had worked… Until she could no longer contain them, anymore.

Christine and Rarity rounded another corner, one tear finally slipped down Christine’s cheek. She looked at one of the statues, toward the water stains on the angel’s face, making it appear to cry. Her father always thought she would be an amazing singer and musician, wanting her to do the best she could. She looked at the snow, along the mist-covered ground, sighing.

Christine’s sadness momentarily faded, as she smiled a bit. She remembered how her father would hug her, spinning her around happily. He would always try to impress her with magic tricks, even when they never worked and yet they’d still laugh at his attempts, she loved how he was able to joke with her. But the heartbreak she felt when he died covered up all those memories for so long. She remembered how she’d refuse to cry every time she felt sad about him in the last few years. She wouldn’t allow herself to cry, which, in hindsight, wasn’t a good thing to do.

The girls saw the tomb just up ahead, Christine felt a few tears roll down her cheeks. She didn’t wipe them away, just kept walking, holding her head high. Her cheeks were bright pink, stained with tears. The girls were feet away from the tomb, which Christine sat on a raised area near the entrance, which stood at the top of the flight of stairs.

Christine reached the steps, slowly sitting along the freezing cold stone, looking up at the iron doors of the tomb. Christine’s voice went quiet, tearing while her voice waved. As Rarity looked on, she turned toward the last name inscribed in stone on the tomb ‘Daae’, tears freely rolling down her face.

The snowfall made snowflakes catch in Christine’s hair, causing her fingers to go numb. She dropped the roses at her feet, clenching her eyes shut, allowing herself to finally cry. Rarity slowly approached Christine, leaning her head onto her shoulder as her friend wrapped her arms around her trying to hold herself together. Suddenly, they heard a very soft, very enticing melody…

https://m.

Christine looks up, wiping tears off her face, as Rarity turns toward the tomb. They could not believe they heard his voice. Christine thought he had left her for an undefined amount of time, planning ways to wreak havoc on the Opera House… But he was here… With them… With her. Christine’s head spun in both happiness and confusion. Her mind told her to run, her heart told her to stay. Even Rarity did not want to leave. A light slowly illuminates inside the tomb, as they began to ascend the stairs, gazing toward the Phantom’s angelic, hypnotic voice. The Phantom sang, mostly to Christine, in a way only he could. He heard her sing of her sadness for her father, and he was certain to use that to his advantage.

Erik sang, as Christine and Rarity peered around the tomb, searching for him. The moment is interrupted by the sound of galloping hoof beats.

“No!” Raoul called. “Christine, wait!”

“Rarity!!!” The girls cried.

“STOP!!!” Spike shouted.

Christine and Rarity spun around, seeing Raoul jumped off his horse drawing his sword. Their eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, as they turned to them.

“Raoul?” Christine asked.

“Girls? Spike?” Rarity asked, as well. “What are you doing here?”

“What are we doing here?!” Rainbow asked, exasperated. “What are you doing here?!”

Raoul ran up the steps, pushing Christine away from the tomb.

“Whatever you believe, this man, this thing is not your father!” Raoul told Christine.

“LOOK OUT!!!” Applejack shouted.

As Raoul spoke to Christine, the ponies and Spike gasp, spotting Erik jumping from the roof of the tomb, sword in hand. He beat down the blade of Raoul’s sword, as the latter jumped back, prepared to fight Erik. Erik, breathing heavily, glared at Raoul. He’d been so close to finally gaining all of Christine’s trust, which had become a personal goal. Then, as always, the fop came and ruined it all. Then, they charged into battle.

Erik thrust his sword forward, the silver hilt resembling a skull and the light gleamed off it in an evil manner. Raoul blocked the blow, but each powerful lunge, Raoul backed away. Soon he was against a wall, about to fall over. He slashed at Erik, who dodged and swung his cloak over the wall, jumping off, and landing upon the ground, cornered between two tombs.

“He’s trapped!” Twilight shouted. “Come on, girls!”

Christine and the Mane Six ran down the steps hoping to catch up with Raoul.

“Twilight, no!” Rarity screamed.

Rarity made a move toward the two fighting men, but Christine saw her and held her back.

“No, Rarity!” Christine plead. “Stand back!”

As Raoul stood, Erik jumped down, his cloak billowing around him. As he landed, Raoul ran around a gravestone to avoid him, but Erik followed. The two sparred again, earning yells from Raoul. The two were incredibly angered by the other. Raoul was upset with Erik for trying to hypnotize the innocent young woman, and Erik was upset with Raoul trying to steal Christine away.

Erik shoved Raoul, who fell to the ground. With a furious slash downward, Erik’s sword lodged in a tree limb. Raoul quickly recovered as Erik yanked his sword free, as Raoul made the first blow driving the man in the mask back. Rarity tried to break free from Christine, who kept holding her back looking on with scared eyes.

The two men got their swords stuck in an iron fence and as they struggled to get them free, Erik shoved his shoulder into Raoul’s chest, who stumbled backwards unable to recover quickly. He managed to avoid Erik’s blows, all landing on stone pillars or metal fences. The two men end up on opposite sides of another tomb, peering at each other from a space in the middle. Erik suddenly ducked down, disappearing from sight.

Confused, Raoul looked around, not seeing the man.

“Raoul, look out!” Spike shouted.

They spotted Erik coming from behind, swinging the sword. Raoul swiftly blocked it, and the two began to cover ground again, nearing the Daae tomb. Erik once again swung his cloak over Raoul’s head, managing to distract him enough to slash the man’s arm, cutting the flesh, blood spreading on the sleeve of his white shirt. Raoul fell backwards into a gravestone, and in fury he quickly stood back up, swinging madly. Erik was driven backwards, blocking the blows. But Raoul overpowered his sword hand, driving Erik’s sword to the ground, stepping on it so Erik’s grip fell from the hilt and he fell to the ground, reaching for it. Raoul kicked it away and with a yell, raised his sword to stab Erik. Rarity finally shoved Christine off her, shouting”

“No, Raoul, don’t!!! Please! Not like this! Please!”

Rarity fell to her knees, tears falling, as Raoul had the sword tip at Erik’s throat, the latter glaring at him. Raoul turned to Erik, then to Rarity, who begged him to stop, and to Christine, who watched her friend in confusion. Raoul turned to the man on the ground, as Erik’s eyes moved to Rarity. She seemed distraught that Erik, not Raoul, could be killed at any moment. Raoul thought a moment before sheeting his sword. He backed up, pulling Rarity up from her knees. She ran towards the Phantom, but Raoul stopped her, practically dragging her to her friends. He jumps upon his horse, pulling Christine in front of him, as Erik watched in anger.

Rarity, still looking at Erik, did not wish to leave lying in the snow, all alone in the cold. When his eye met hers, they softened, and she knew he wasn’t upset with her. Raoul and Christine quickly spurred the horse to a gallop, the others following close behind, riding past Erik. Erik stood, the snow covering his cloak, as he glared toward the forms of Christine, Raoul, Spike, and the ponies.

“Now, let it be war upon you all!” He growled.

Originally intent on exacting revenge on Christine, now he would Raoul just how much Rarity trusted him, and he would break the man at all costs. Erik would make sure everyone knew that Christine and Rarity belonged to him. Erik grabs his sword, marching off, and as he sheathed his sword, a smile formed.

A new plan suddenly came to mind. For now, it is war upon the fop, his fiancé, and their little pony friends…