• Published 18th May 2020
  • 6,195 Views, 608 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: The Phantom Of The Opera - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike are at it again as they travel to 19th century Paris to the Opera Populare that’ is supposedly haunted by the so called “Phantom of the Opera”

  • ...
12
 608
 6,195

Music of the Night

Down the long stone passage, the mysterious man in black led Christine and Rarity. The unicorn’s mind was a complete blue as she stared blankly. The passage itself was lined with candelabras, held by what appeared to be golden arms. As the two began to pass them, they would move to allow them by, and after they pass, they’d move back.

Neither the young opera singer nor the unicorn fashionista could stop gazing toward the Phantom, not once the whole time they walked. Every so often he’d glance behind himself to look at them, a small smirk gracing his lips, lighting his handsome face. He was older than them, but he seemed to be around his mid-twenties. The light hit all the right features along his face; his well-sculpted cheekbones, the strong jawline, the smooth forehead, and even his half-mask appeared to be contoured to the shape of his face.

https://m.

Along the way, The Phantom grabs a lit torch and led them down a spiraling stone staircase. They trek down a large archway, where water slowly drips from the ceiling. They had to be more than a hundred feet just below the Opera House. A black horse waits for them just at the bottom of the small set of stairs. The Phantom helps Christine onto the horse, before taking the reigns and led her further down the path. Rarity trotted along, closely beside the mysterious man. As they traversed down the passageway, she couldn’t stop staring at the Phantom. Christine slowly turned behind for a brief second, before turning back and held onto the saddle tightly.

The Phantom helps Christine off the horse, once they stopped at what appears to be an underground river system. The water flows down long stone-made channels. Waiting at the edge was a black gondola, detailed with silver-and-gold colored metal, lanterns hanging off the front and back to light the dark waterways. He helps both girls onto the gondola before grabbing a long pole and began to push the boat along.

As they neared their destination, they pass stone carvings resembling mythical looking beings. They enter a larger area where massive stone statues appear to hold the roof. And there, a gate was in front of them. The curtains pull back from behind it, as the gate slowly began to rise dripping water and mist, flowing freely around them. Then, as they paddle along, The Phantom turns briefly towards Rarity, who sat quietly along the Gondola in awe. Captivated by his very presence, and ear soothing tenor voice. As she began to vocalize, the Phantom pushed the gondola further toward the gate, entering a well-lit cavern-like room. Slowly, large candelabras began to rise from the water, lighting as they appeared. The gondola drifts towards a set of stone steps leading to a large rock-like formation, which in turn led to a large organ, along with many other trinkets scattered about. This was presumably The Phantom’s secret lair.

The Phantom leapt off the gondola, as Christine hit her highest note. He leans the pole against the wall, slowly backs away from it. She was watching him with a smile on her lips. The Phantom grips the shoulders of his cape and pulls it off, swirling it around his body with a flourish before dropping it upon the ground beside him. He wore a black coat that suit him well, as he turns to face her and Rarity. Christine and Rarity watch him with all of her attention, still amazed. The Phantom keeps his eyes on them, he slowly walks back toward the gondola. The two girls watch with great anticipation.

https://m.

The Phantom sang in the most magnificent voice the girls had ever heard, as he strolls slowly toward Christine. The young girl eagerly scooched forward and stood, taking his extended hand. He used his hand to steady herself, as she steps onto the stairs, Rarity following close behind. They maintain their eye contact towards the mysterious man, the man in turn never breaks his gaze as he continues to sing.

The Phantom beckons them to follow with a single finger, slowly, yet gracefully, walking backwards. At one point, Christine turns toward the glowing candlelight, but turns her attention back to him when she felt his smooth glove-clad fingers touch her jaw, turning her face to gaze into his eyes again.

As The Phantom serenades Christine, Rarity’s gaze turns toward the small mock-up of the Opera House’s stage, where a small figurine of Christine stood in what appears to be a similar dress she wore in the performance. But that wasn’t what caught her attention. Resting against the stage, beside a small watercolor painting of Christine’s likeness, there was a figurine of Rarity intricately carved, carefully painted, especially the very dress Rarity made for her opening act. It made Rarity gasp softly, for the detail was amazing. In the back of her mind, she realized, he had been watching them, planning for this to happen.

The Phantom smiled at Christine and she in turn smiled back, still holding his hand as she follows. He lets go of her hand suddenly, bounding up the six stone steps leading to the organ.

Christine shut her eyes, listening to his voice sooth her ears, cherishing the sound of his velvety voice. Especially that high note on ‘soar’, absorbing that note as she slowly opens her eyes, a smile on her face. The Phantom takes a few steps to the top of the stairs. He held his hand out, as she slowly stepped forward, beginning her ascent up the steps. The Phantom held out his hand to take hers.

Rarity watched as The Phantom drew Christine closer, her face mere inches from his own. Rarity could see he was taller than her friend, the top of her head coming maybe to the middle half of his face. He walks around her, watching her the whole time. On ‘be’ The Phantom’s lengthy high note bellowed throughout the lair, echoing off the stone walls. It was so mesmerizing, so mind numbingly beautiful, that Rarity felt this sensation course through her body. So much so that she collapsed onto the cold stone floor, passed out by the music. In all this, The Phantom kept his full attention on Christine.

He watched his own hands for a moment, before slowly twirling Christine around so her back was lightly touching his chest.
Christine shut her eyes, leaning against him, her head resting gently against his mask-covered cheek as his hands caressed her carefully with such delicate, smooth care. Christine slowly turns, as the Phantom pulls her hand from his cheek, taking it in both of his as she faced him, longingly into his eyes.

The Phantom smiled at her, as Christine smiles to him while he wraps an arm around her back, a hand onto her left arm. He stands behind her, peering into a small room before her. She turns to his gaze and she smile went slightly slack, shocked at the sight before her eyes.

Before her was a mannequin, a life-sized duplicate of herself complete with her exact facial features, her hair still tightly curled but a lighter brown. To add to the shock of it all, the mannequin wore a veil and wedding dress. It was too bizarre for Christine as her head became light, a dizziness swept over her, and she started to fall back. Fortunately, The Phantom caught her, hoisting her into his arms and holding her tenderly, protectively to his chest. He carries her over to a large bed in the shape of a black swan, with its tail feathers spread out and the wings extended. The fabric on the inside was red velvet and he gently began to set her in it.

The Phantom held the final note as he gently caressed her jaw, before straightening up and pulling a long grey tassel. A lacey black curtain slowly descends around the bed, and the mask the Phantom wore was the one of the only things about him that could still be seen through it.

As he silently walks back to his organ, he turns back his shoulder and acknowledged the presence of Rarity, the little unicorn who had followed them. He steps closer to her standing there silently for a closer look. He had never seen such a pony before, not the way her purple mane was styled and smooth nor the appendage sticking from her forehead nor even the strange symbol of diamonds along one part of the flank, least the one she wasn’t lying on. And though she was out cold, there was a smile on her face as if she were taken in by his music too.

The Phantom did not initially plan for this strange creature to be in his presence, but still she and her friends intrigued him… But mostly her. The way she spoke with that posh dialect, the way she was able to interact with the stage workers… And that voice, such a beautiful voice. She was naturally gifted, even he could not deny that. His eyes turn from Christine on the bed, to Rarity lying on the floor. It wouldn’t be right to leave her just lying there, so uncomfortably. He knew he had to arrange for something.

He leaned down over the unconscious form of the beautiful unicorn and very gently picked her up in his arms. Being as small as she was, she fit perfectly in his arms. Lifting her was no trouble whatsoever for the Phantom because to him she weighed about as much as a cat. Once she was secured in his embrace, he slowly walked her back down towards the gondola. He laid her down gently on the soft cushions that lined the floor so as not to wake her. He then unclasped his black cloak from his shoulders and laid it gently over her sleeping figure, brushing a finger over her delicate face as he pulled his hand away.

He silently walks back to his organ and takes a sheet music, one that he has been working on for quite some time. He thought of the two talented, beautiful girls now in his little world away from the outside. They have brought such joy in him in light of his dismal existence, he’ll be keeping a special eye on them…

So long as no one comes looking for them…