• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 8,748 Views, 2,906 Comments

EQG: Sword Art Online - Aincrad - Mindrop



The Girls get trapped in the newest video game, Sword Art Online. If you die in the game, you die in real life.

  • ...
27
 2,906
 8,748

PreviousChapters
Update Info - Ruby Palace

I decided to insert this "chapter" as another place for the readers to find the information, but the best place is always going to be my fimfic page and following me so you get the updates. Aincrad was a short adventure tale set in canon SAO which grew. As proud of it as I am, as much as I love it, there are some things I want to redo. So I am writing Ruby Palace, a full alternative Universe crossover between the two worlds.

For Ruby Palace, the girls get into a foreign exchange program. Teasers are linked below, as well as the future vignettes, and crossover timeline that melds both worlds together.

Highlights of Ruby Palace:

  • It will be a bigger story.
  • Since it is an alt-u story, it will go all the way to the Ruby Palace at Floor 100.
  • The girls will have a central role.
  • The main SAO characters will have to maintain the key canon moments in Aincrad to keep them, them, and will be present: Klein, Kirito, Asuna, Argo, Lisbeth, Agil, and other characters.
  • Astro is gone, replaced with a more logical character.
  • Look forward to seeing some new Skills, some new Extra Skills, and the rest of the Unique Skills.
  • The Phoenix, Black Velvet Band, Merlin, the White Swordsman, all of Aincrad's Great Dragons, and more!
  • More of Plaudit.
  • Some of the girls are getting new game names.: Malus, Konpeito, and Natora
  • New wingbanners and art.

November 2021:

  • I don't have a release date.
  • I have 30 linear chapters written, plus a ton on non-linear chapters.
  • I will release it when I am far enough ahead that I can release a chapter weekly without interruption. This includes them going through the editing process.
  • I am releasing vignettes at random times to hold over while I write more.

BLOG LINKS:

As I am merging the two timelines, I have to 1: establish a locked in orientation of the canon events that are vaguely oriented in the EQG Universe. 2: Mesh it with Sword Art Online’s canon timeline. The main story will utilize Aincrad’s junishi calendar, but I am going to orient the years for the precursor events to SAO’s dating years.

TIMELINE:
Pink are canon EQG events
Yellow are important events in the girl’s lives.

1995-1996

  • Kayaba Akihiko is born.

1999-2000

  • Tsuboi Ryōtarō (Klein) is born. He enters Aincrad at the age of 22.

2001-2005

  • Sunset Shimmer is likely born.

2005-2006

  • Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle (SciTwi) are born.

    - Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy are 18 when they enter Aincrad.

    - Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight are 17 years old when they enter Aincrad.

2006

  • April 8 — Nochizawa Eiji (Nautilus) is born. He enters Aincrad at the age of 16.
  • July 29 — Shigemura Yuuna (Yuna) is born. She enters Aincrad at the age of 16.
  • November 13 — Shinkawa Shouichi (XaXa) is born. He enters Aincrad just shy of turning 16.

2007

  • May 18 — Shinozaki Rika (Lisbeth) is born. She enters Aincrad at the age of 15.
  • September 30 — Yuuki Asuna (Asuna) is born. She enters Aincrad at the age of 15.

2008

  • October 7 — Kirigaya Kazuto (Kirito) is born. He enters Aincrad at the age of 14.
  • After October 7th — Kazuto is adopted by the Kirigaya family after his parents’ death.

2009

  • April 19 — Kirigaya Suguha (Leafa) is born. She is Kazuto’s blood cousin but legal sister. They are raised as siblings.
  • Asada Shino (Sinon) is born.

2010

  • May 23 — Konno Yukki and Konno Aiko are born and, due to a batch of contaminated blood, their family is infected with HIV.
  • October 4 — Ayano Keiko (Silica) is born. She enters Aincrad at the age of 12.

2016

  • Kazuto gives up on Kendo.

2018

  • Spring — Sunset Shimmer goes through the portal, from Equestria to Earth. She is judged to be 13 years old.
  • Kazuto finds out about his birth parents’ death from the citizen’s registry on the internet. He is 10 years old.

2019

  • Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie start high school at Canterlot High, officially becoming Wondercolts.
  • Twilight Sparkle Starts high school at Crystal Prep.
  • Sunset Shimmer breaks up the friends and begins her reign of terror over Canterlot High.

2020

  • Fall — Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, (Sci)Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer start their sophomore years at their respective schools.
  • Late Fall — The portal opens, Sunset Shimmer steals Princess Twilight’s crown. Twilight Sparkle and Spike go through the portal to retrieve it. Three days later Sunset Shimmer is defeated, ending her reign of terror and beginning the era of friendship in CHS.

2021

  • The NerveGear is announced.
  • Japanese Self-Defense Force (JDSF) and the U.S. Army start developing training software utilizing the NerveGear together.
  • Spring — The Battle of the Bands takes place. The Rainbooms, with the help of Sunset Shimmer, defeat The Dazzlings.
  • Spring — The girls decide to take advantage of the study abroad program.
  • Fall — Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, (Sci)Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer start their Junior years at their respective schools.
  • Fall — The Friendship Games between Canterlot High and Crystal Prep takes place. The result is a draw after Midnight Sparkle nearly destroys everything. Twilight Sparkle transfers to Canterlot High to learn friendship.

2022

  • Spring — The Girls submit applications for the foreign exchange program.
  • Spring — CHS’ 2023 incoming Senior Class goes to Camp Everfree. The girls save the camp and get the geodes.
  • May — The NerveGear is released to the market.
  • Summer — Second and third Vignette arcs occur.
  • August — The Sword Art Online (SAO) Closed Beta is launched. Kirito encounters Argo in the beta.
  • August — The girls travel to Japan for their exchange program.
  • August 31 — The Closed Beta is closed.
  • September 2 — Exchange Student Orientation and Lunch
  • September 5 — Start of classes (second trimester for Japanese students).
  • November 2 — People start lining up for the release of Sword Art Online.
  • November 5 — Sword Art Online sales begin.
  • November 6 — 13:00 JST (1pm Japan Standard Time) Sword Art Online servers open.
  • 17:30 — Kayaba Akihiko locks Aincrad, successfully trapping nearly 10,000 players in the game.

EQG events that have not happened in this timeline:
Saved for senior year after they get back, except alt-U.

  • Movie Magic
  • Dance Magic
  • Mirror Magic
  • Forgotten Friendship
  • Rollercoaster of Friendship
  • Spring Breakdown
  • Sunset's Backstage Pass
  • Holiday's Unwrapped

I will keep this updated, but my fimfiction page is the best place to find the most up to date info.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 41 )

Well, I am still looking forward to your alternate take on the story when it is released.

My one complaint going in? Why is it that out of any of the canon material that could have been cut, Legend of Everfree, the worst thing the series ever did, wasn’t one of them?! If that is the only downside then you should be good.

11052285
Because I need the geodes and how they connect the girls and the magic. That's why. I tried to not cut any of the EQG Material, but I had to because they didn't fit in the timeline merging.

11052293
Fair point. The geodes and how they gave the girls their magic are basically the only thing that wasn’t terrible about that film.

11052314
Yeah. Hehe. Also, the first vignette I just posted on the blog is before Legend of Everfree.

Are you going to do all of the "seasons" of Sword Art Online?

11052383
Season 1 encompasses two main arcs, the Aincrad Arc and then Fairy Dance arc, Kirito's quest to free Asuna. Season two covers Phantom Bullet arc and Mother's Rosario arc. The others "seasons" cover Project Alicization. Every arc after Aincrad is entirely dependent on Kirito clearing the game early on November 7, 2024, on Floor 75. Ruby Palace goes all the way to the Ruby Palace on Floor 100. They won't be getting out before November 7, 2024. I don't know how much longer it will take them to clear Aincrad. None of the other arcs are going to be valid since they can't happen. Asuna can't get trapped in ALO, the seed isn't released to open up to games like GGO, and Rath can't recruit Kirito.

So, short answer, no, I won't be doing all of the seasons because I can't.

11052430
Interesting, will you be taking any inspiration from the games seeing as they follow a similar alternate timeline where the game didn't end at floor 75?

11052614
No inspiration is taken from the game. I have a more logical solution.

11053085
Okay better question, will the story continue past Aincrad? Obviously canon will be thrown out the window but ALO still exists so there should still be room to continue the story in some manor.

11053098
The possibility exists.

I am happy that Ruby Palace is still in the works I am curious to see this new story

11055463
I am very excited about it. It is going well.

10348313
Take them to a seamstress to make them bigger

11174787
Danga, danga, danga

just randomly came across this and oh my gosh so many more stories that I am gonna read

Ooooh I can't wait I'm already rereading this because it's one of my fav stories

11454054
If I was in Sao, that would definitely be something that would take me a lot of time to get used to as I've been wearing glasses for the last 7 years and the only times I don't wear them is in the morning when I wake up and the evening when I'm getting ready for bed.

11454086
I've been wearing glasses myself for a very long time. When I switch to my contacts, it is a bit odd. lol.

11463939
Got it, now it makes sense now.

11463947
For the Ruby Palace version I actually have a proper timeline.

11466882
Oh, I was thinking that first but wasn't sure

11473075
Kirito's and Klein's relationship has always been an odd one. Floor 56 field boss, they literally came up with a plan called the "Grand Meaty Meat Plan". It failed. How invested they were in a team, or if they just developed it alongside each other is unclear.

11473410
British English places punctuation after quotation marks. So "rock". is technically not grammatically wrong. I may be in the U.S., but I usually prefer how the Brits do English. At least for spelling and grammar. Color v. Colour; armor v. armour; and quite a few other spelling differences that make more sense. American English looks like lazy English to me. lol

11474373
Plus, when a character quotes another character, you end up with

"well, she said 'she wants to fly.'"
And three confuse me, so I prefer to do

Fly'."
lol

11475515
Yeah, the Necromancer fight was a fun one to write. Most readers didn't see it coming. I didn't see it coming when I started writing that quest.

11489991
I'm glad you enjoyed it and that it ranked so high for you. I put a lot of love and energy into my stories, be it an original work or fanfiction.

11619573
oh... Now I feel like an idiot I didn't know that. :facehoof:

11624076
Was their new castle actually based on an existing one or on a pic seen on the Internet somewhere?

11624114
Thorn Island is a real Islet in Wales. It includes an old maritime fortification. While it served as the foundation, plenty had to be changed to make it work for the story and give the Wondercolts the space needed.

11687954
Yeah, pretty sure we've met or heard of everyone plot-relevant except Yui where I am (at 'a day in the life of (x)') Just nice to see Agil actually get to be relevant instead of it just being the Kirito and Asuna show occasionally guest starring Klein. (Also called him Tiff because I actually forgot his real name and used the abridged one)

11688251
Yui was impossible to work in. The girls lacked the angel to see or meet her. Otherwise, yes. And Agil is often around. Ruby Palace has more of everyone. Hehe.

11689075
Ahh gotcha. Tbf I haven't watched the anime since GGO came out or read the LN or manga past like the first chapter or two ^^; Thanks for the clarification though!

Login or register to comment