• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 8,747 Views, 2,906 Comments

EQG: Sword Art Online - Aincrad - Mindrop



The Girls get trapped in the newest video game, Sword Art Online. If you die in the game, you die in real life.

  • ...
27
 2,906
 8,747

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 40 - A Day in the Life of Diemond

Floor 59

April 14 – Year 2

Diemond lifted the sleeping mask from her eyes and stretched. It was time to get up. If she didn’t hurry, she would be late for breakfast. And that was always a problem when Thunderborne and Astro were involved.

She switched from her sleepwear to her day clothes with a few clicks. It took longer to decide which outfit to wear of the ones she had made than it took to do the few clicks. She checked her choice in the mirror and sighed, a bit depressed. She looked fabulous in the sundress, but she didn’t have to do anything but a few clicks to look that way. She used to have fun with her beauty regimen. Now it didn't exist outside a few clicks on a screen.

Diemond pranced her way down the stairs, humming as she went. As usual, Thunderborne was juggling the soccer ball with her feet. That thing had ruined their nice second floor when Astro and Thunderborne had the "great idea" of putting a mini soccer field in so they could play. It rarely stayed “in bounds” so the ball was disruptive all the time.

Diemond made sure to give Thunderborne plenty of room while she passed by her. Thunderborne had no sense of others and making sure she wasn’t too interruptive. Her focus was often too narrow. Thunderborne didn’t check, as usual, and kicked the ball, hard. It went right past Diemond's nose.

“RAINBOW DASH!” Diemond exclaimed as her heart stopped in panic. “You almost took my head off! Why do you have to play that game in here where we are supposed to relax! Your ball is always going out of bounds and it always goes towards my head! I don’t hang out here because of the menace you two pose! And you ruined the walls with that paint!

Rarity snorted as he put her hands on her hips. “Are you even listening to me!”

Thunderborne looked Diemond in the eyes and shrugged. “Lighten up, Diemond. I’m awesome. That is all that matters.”

Diemond was steamed. “Did you hear anything I said!”

Thunderborne just kept walking towards the stairs.

“Thunderborne!” Diemond yelled. “How many days are there in a week!”

Thunderborne slid down the banister and out of sight.

“THIS DISCUSSION ISN’T OVER!” Diemond yelled after her. “We will settle this! I won’t let you take my head off!”

Diemond stomped her foot three times in anger. She couldn’t stand that soccer ball. Her head was a magnet for it.

She sighed. Here heart rate had slowed down. It wasn’t worth the big fight. What mattered was food. She was hungry and they were supposed to hit the catacombs. That was what was important.

Assuming Thunderborne didn’t hit her while fighting. There was always that possibility whenever they were in the same party.

Thunderborne had taken more than her fair share for breakfast. As much as they allowed her before the rest had gotten their share. Diemond grabbed a normal amount of food and ate it with dignity. Unlike certain other players at the table. Fruit wasn’t finger food. They had silverware for a reason.

Bladescape got them all moving and Diemond had to change out of her gorgeous outfit. Her armor wasn’t nearly as nice as the sundress. But for armor, it looked good. It was imposing, and the blue was divine. She had done a good job designing and making it. The mace was hanging off her waist in just the right spot to be an accent to the armor, not a weapon. It finished the look. At least in her eyes.

Diemond was the last to meet at the front door. She was relegated to Party B, as she called it. She hadn’t fought with Bladescape or Backbreaker in forever, and that made her sad. But living through this death game was more important. The guild balance was the most important thing for that survival. Their friendship could catch up after they survived the game. They all just had to survive first. It sounded so simple.

She was with Knightstar, as usual, as well as Lessa, Doombunny, and AFCK. AFCK was always fun to be in a party with. They were on the short end with only five members, and their weaker fighters. Normally they had things better balanced, but Bladescape knew what she was doing. Diemond was sure of that.

The walk was quiet. It was getting quieter and quieter the longer they were trapped inside this game. Diemond wanted to talk more, but she had no idea what to talk about. The Wondercolts were an Assault Team Guild. All they did was fight on the front lines, clearing the game. They were all extremely good at it, but it didn't lend much to making conversation.

Inside the catacombs it was equally boring. The life of a tank was slow. Everything revolved around the shield. She got her attacks in, but it was not the main thing she got to do. Most of it was block, block, block. Metal clanging on metal, right in her ear and reverberating inside her helmet. It gave her a headache that made it hard to focus on her job.

Everyone had their roles to play. Everyone played them well. AFCK was a bit unhinged but supporting Diemond. Knightstar and Lessa worked well together. Doombunny was always disappearing, but was at Diemond’s back whenever she really needed her friend's support. The rest of the time Doombunny’s Hide Skill was highly effective. What exactly she was doing, Diemond could never tell anymore.

In the end, what mattered is that they were mapping the labyrinth and clearing the way. That, and bashing skeletons was fun. They deserved to rest in pieces. When Diemond had made that joke over a previous lunch it did not go over as well as she had hoped. Still, she thought it was funny.

Running into Fuurinkazan was fun, and the plan for the morning was a good one. The more the merrier.

Plus, it got them home earlier. That meant she could do more sewing and make two dozen or so outfits. And that would mean she could make more money at the upcoming sale.

Back home, Diemond popped on her idea dress. Designing was something she could do in this game that was absolute fun. It was normal life for her. No one was going to chat about it though. It was all either stats or fighting. They were happy enough to help out with the upcoming day sale she was planning, but that was it. None of them really understood the fashion industry. Which wasn't any different than I.R.L.

Diemond loved working with even more materials now that she knew what to look for. She was creating new dresses with higher defensive stats than mid-tier gear. Thankfully, the newer field of materials didn’t make things look bad. Getting a hold of some of them was costly, but she had plenty of Col from the Labyrinth. Earning more money for the guild would be worth the cost in the end.

Diemond was using tarisin cloth. It was like silk, but even more durable . She had bought it dyed red; the only color she could find in her limited time available. She bleached it and re-dyed it a silver color. It was being fashioned into several hakamas, for both men and women. She was also looking at a few designs for armor to compliment them. She had Klein in mind for the hakama armor. As a member of the Assault Team, he would need better materials though.

Diemond finished the hakamas and put everything away. She needed a quick bath and then bed. Diemond hated to admit it, but for beauty maintenance, it was nice not having to worry about bed head and sleeping with wet hair.

Bladescape (SS): Lvl 79 – Two-Handed SwordSearchWeapon DefenseLeather Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Sprint – Acrobatics – Blade Throwing – Extended Weight Carry
Knightstar (TS): Lvl 69 – One-Handed SwordShieldEquipment AppraisalParry – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Search – Armor Pierce
Thunderborne (RBD): Lvl 72 – RapierSprintAcrobaticsArmor Pierce – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Leather Armor – Weapon Defense – Extended Weight Carry – Search
Backbreaker (AJ): Lvl 75 – Heavy ShieldOne-Handed War HammerExtended Weight CarryHeavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Fishing – Search – Martial Arts – Acrobatics
AFCK(PP): Lvl 72 – Two-Handed AxeParryCookingWeapon DefenseMartial Arts – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Thrown Weapon – Musical Instrument
Diemond (R): Lvl 72 – Heavy Shield – Mace – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Heavy Metal Armor – TailoringLight Metal Armor ForgingHeavy Metal Armor Forging – Jewelry Making – Extended Weight Carry
Doombunny (FS): Lvl 69 – One-Handed Dagger – First Aid – HideSearchListening – Battle Regeneration – Fighting Spirit – Familiar Communication (Colorra) – Drug Mixing – Reveal
Astro (PS): Lvl 72 – Two-Handed Spear - Purchase Negotiation – Armor Pierce – Acrobatics – First Aid – Light Metal Armor – Battle Regeneration – Weapon Defense – Parry – Extended Wight Carry
Kiefer: Lvl 69 – One-Handed Curved Blade – Parry – Weapon Defense – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Slash Weapon Forging – Katana – Martial Arts
Lessa: Lvl 69 – One-Handed Sword – Shield – Light Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Equipment Repair – Metal Equipment Repairing – Armor Pierce – Search
Joltron: Lvl 73 – One handed Axe – Heavy Shield – Heavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Metal Refining – Blunt Weapon Forging – One Handed Weapon Creation – Two Handed Weapon Creation – Extended Weight Carry

PreviousChapters Next