• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 8,739 Views, 2,906 Comments

EQG: Sword Art Online - Aincrad - Mindrop



The Girls get trapped in the newest video game, Sword Art Online. If you die in the game, you die in real life.

  • ...
27
 2,906
 8,739

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 82 - Into the Dragon's Nest

Floor 64
July 2 - Year 2

Bladescape woke up with a note by her bedside. It was Merlin. He needed to see her. He had the next item located. Bladescape informed the other councilors at breakfast and they adjusted for her being gone. She had gone over the basics of the quest with the council shortly after the merger. They understood enough that the quest she was working on was very important and not only improved her weapons, but could potentially put the Wondercolts on top if the right item was found or given. Plus, outside of being their Kaisho, she had no need for training because she was still far above their quotas.

Kiefer was their training officer, and would be in charge of making sure quotas were met. He would organize training days as well. However, the opening quotas were going to be led by Backbreaker. She had an idea for their extended time in the field. Bladescape was more than happy to have her take the lead, and so were the others.

Bladescape grabbed the lunch and dinner sacks AFCK had personally prepared for her, and then rushed out to their plaza. She stepped up to the teleport gate in her full gear but then used the glass ring. She was going to keep that secret, even to her guildmates. On the garden plateau, she stopped to survey the landscape. She had no idea what Floor they were on. From the height of the plateau, the next Floor wasn’t far above them. She felt like she could reach up and touch it.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Merlin asked her, surprising Bladescape.

“Sorry, I meant to go to you immediately. But this is beautiful. What Floor is this?”

“We are on Mount Etna. On the far side of this Floor sits Camelot, along the shores of Loch Lomond. It is there where the Once and Future King, Arthur, sat guiding his people. However, that time is not now. What the people need is eleven warriors to reform the Knights of the Round Table.”

“The ten with the Unique Skills,” Bladescape immediately said.

Merlin nodded. “Six are distributed, but my visions make me believe that soon we will see seven and eight arrive. Plus, there is the eleventh who is a warrior in their own right, despite no Skill. Still, you are a long way to that time. You have almost thirty Floors to conquer before you reach Camelot and can rally the people in this entire realm to a brand new existence, and then finally be ready for the Ruby Palace.

“But we need the Glass Tower to once again arrive for you to gather the other knights. And that starts next with Kukulkan, the five-colored jewel. It is in the neck of Elvarg, the Mother of all Aincrad’s Dragons.”

“What Floor are we on exactly?” Bladescape asked.

“Ninety Five by your count,” Merlin said. “And since you already got ahead of the quests by betraying the king, I need you to make sure the Glass Tower is back and ready for when you reach here. Can you do that?”

“I will do my best,” Bladescape replied. “And then I will gather the eleven to the Round Table. Or maybe a few more. Ones who are worthy, whether they have a unique skill or not, and who will stand by me no matter what when we enter the Ruby Palace. Ones who will, at the final battle, gladly lay down their lives for the freedom of our friends, our families, and the others in Aincrad.”

“You are starting to sound like Arthur,” Merlin grinned.

“Why shouldn’t I?” Bladescape asked. “Didn’t he unite Camelot, defend it against enemies of all kinds, both magical and human, and die saving it?”

“That he did,” Merlin replied. “Are you willing to die as he did?”

“I doubt he intended to die, and neither do I,” Bladescape replied. “What good am I to anyone dead?”

“You got me there,” Merlin chuckled. “But come, let us sit inside and I will show you what you need to know about Elvarg.”

“She drops her head,” Bladescape said. “One of the five great dragons who leaves behind their draconic visage.”

“You are prepared,” Merlin said, surprised.

“I only know I was waiting for her to appear,” Bladescape said. “I learned she drops her head because I made the final killing blow against the King Black Dragon, and got his head. I intend to gather all five heads. Since you mentioned her, I assume that time has come?”

“Yes, it has. But now, I am curious. Who do you think should be a Knight of the Round Table yet lacks a Unique Skill?”

“Backbreaker, the immovable Iron Bulwark who stands against every Floor Boss, unyielding in any way.”

“She was number eleven on my list,” Merlin said. “The one without a Unique Skill.”

Bladescape nodded and continued. “Asuna also should be there. And not because of her title as second-in-command of the Knights of the Bloodoath. Her skill with that rapier of hers is unprecedented. There is none faster. She will make a strong knight who can lead well and fight even better.

“Klein of the Fuurinkazan guild too. Despite his goofy ways and scruffy face, he is a warrior at heart and one that is true to the only goal that matters, freeing us all from our prison. He doesn't try to look like a samurai for the appearance alone, he is becoming one. I have fought by his side in many battles, and I will gladly fight by his side to the very end. I'll lay down my life in the Ruby Palace for him if it must come to that.

“I have a fear rising in me as we speak. How is it that Arthur died?”

Merlin sighed. “He died as he killed Mordred, a former Knight of the Round Table that betrayed him. Although, he wasn’t the only one who went against Arthur. Sadly, Lancelot and Arthur had a falling out that ended in bloodshed.”

“So, two falling outs,” Bladescape said. “Somehow I have a feeling we will get a repeat. And from the ten Unique Skills, not the others."

“I hope not,” Merlin said as they entered the cathedral. “You would want to figure them out before the allegiance. But your two named are strong and true. They would make solid knights.”

They sat down at a table.

“Merlin, you said six Skills, with two more soon-”

“Yes!” Merlin exclaimed, interrupting her. “I know you know of Commander Heathcliff. I-”

“Is one of those Unique Skills a deadly one?” Bladescape pressed before he got off topic.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I have had a bad feeling since I met Laughing Coffin the second time. That is, when I first saw and talked with their leader, PoH, he has a special weapon, a unique dagger that is for killing players and has no other reason to exist. It is a meat cleaver that is named Mate Chopper and gains power with every player killed with it.”

Merlin sighed. “None of these skills were supposed to be showing up so soon. Floor Ninety should have triggered them, because then you would see the separation between players of great skill and honor, and those of lesser repute but still of value. Players like you, Kirito, Asuna, and Heathcliff, who are already outpacing the others and leading them for a reason. Then everyone would understand why that person got that Unique Skill, and the others didn’t. I don’t know why but they are showing up early.

“The magic of this world is dark and shifting. But that is what is unique about you. You are a light in this darkness. You are greater than you realize. I see magic in you. One that isn’t like the darkness that holds this world. My hope rests with you.”

“So there is a Unique Skill for killing players,” Bladescape said, reading between the lines.

“If anyone can redeem that future knight, it is you,” Merlin stated with confidence.

“You met my friend, AFCK. Why?”

Merlin laughed. “She met me and somehow knew who I was. I figured, if she knew, then maybe she was the one to help me against the dark magic. She said she wanted too, but couldn’t, that she was too busy with you and the rest of your friends. I see now that she chose the better path. It was you I needed.”

“And it’s AFCK who supports me and I need that,” Bladescape replied. “But, we really need to get on track with Elvarg. I want to finish this task today if I can.”

“Oh, you just have to chop her head off and bring me the jewel in her neck,” Merlin plainly stated like it was nothing.

“I have to solo fight a dragon,” Bladescape said, intent on pointing out just how difficult that was going to be. “Wait, do I? This quest isn’t in my logs. As long as I bring the jewel to you, what does it matter?”

Merlin sat and thought for a bit. “I guess you do not. As long as you don’t tell them the reason for the gem, you will be fine.”

“That won’t be a problem,” Bladescape said. “I know my team. They get that I'm working on a multi-floor quest with special parameters, including not telling them stuff.”

Bladescape pulled up her menu and sent a message out. She needed Doombunny, AFCK, Diemond, Joltron, and Astro. Kiefer and Backbreaker were too busy training the new Wondercolts and Thunderborne was a junior officer. She needed to be with the others to build up her leadership status. Plus, she usually was good at hyping a team up and building morale. They needed Thunderborne leading the morale charge.

Doombunny had already fought the King Black Dragon, and doing the same thing would be crucial for a swift victory. Plus, she understood what it meant to fight one of Aincrad’s Five Great Dragons. Joltron was a Tank and yet had an adaptive speed unseen by any other true Tank. Diemond would be crucial as a second Tank. Taking away Astro for the day was a calculated risk, since she was on the rotation to be ready to receive the furniture when it arrived, but her spear was going to be key for a speedy kill. AFCK’s heavy hitting Geode Splitter would be a huge asset as well. The key to all of her choices was that they were well above the level quotas and, ignoring Astro, were not directly involved in the training, or at least could be spared for the day.

She got the messages back quickly and they set up to rendezvous back at the castle.

Bladescape turned her attention back to Merlin. “I need to know everything you can tell me about Elvarg. Not just where she is, but how she attacks, what she prefers to do for attacks, how the layout of the ground is so I know who I can put where, and things like that.”

Merlin nodded and picked up a tome. It thudded onto the wooden table as he set it down from its sheer size. Inside its pages was all the information of Aincrad’s Five Great Dragons that Merlin knew. Bladescape flipped through to check the others. The King Black Dragon had the most, but that didn’t matter. Fucanglong the Crystal Dragon had a lot, but no stated Floor. Yamata no Orochi only had a drawing, a ten headed serpent style dragon. And then there was only a short sentence describing Ryu: A Blue and white winged snake that controlled storms and rain.

“Merlin, these are the Five?” Bladescape asked. “What about Dorz'l the Chaos Drake”

“He is a drake, not a dragon,” Merlin replied. “Although, I believe he has wings. Either way, he is not one of the Five.”

“And is he a Floor Boss?”

“I believe so,” Merlin nodded. “But I don’t recall which one, if I ever knew. The dark magic-”

“Got it,” Bladescape said, interrupting him. She closed the tome and stood up. “Thank you. I will need to come back to reread the others, but this will ensure our victory. Hopefully a swift victory.”

“Have fun,” Merlin chuckled.

“My castle please,” Bladescape said with a grin.

Merlin raised his hand slowly so that she was ready. Again, she never heard the snap as she found herself in her room, beside her bed. She sighed. She wanted to come in from outside. Either way, she had to meet the others in the Guild Hall, and they should be back.

Bladescape entered from the hidden entrance. Her friends were in the front row, waiting. She sat on the crappy table, which still served as their temporary council table, instead of in her chair, to address her friends.

“Elvarg, the Mother of Aincrad’s Dragons is a green dragon of moderate size. I need the five colored gem that is a scale on her throat for my quest. Let me decapitate her. Otherwise, it’s pretty simple. She uses less fire that the King Black Dragon did, and her breath attacks are shorter. Don’t let that fool you though, she can still cook you alive in a single breath. Her preference is to strike with her claws and jaws. She also loves the tail whip, so watch out, especially you, Doombunny.”

“I assume you want me to do the same thing,” Doombunny asked.

“Yes,” Bladescape nodded. “This battle will happen in a cavern, in a dungeon. Getting there shouldn’t be too hard. Once we engage her, slip to the rear and harass her like you did the King Black Dragon. It will be a lot tighter for you, so be careful. If you need to wait and time your hits, then do that. I just need you making the critical attacks at the right time, not overall damage."

“Understood,” Doombunny nodded. “I will be tactical.”

Bladescape nodded and continued. “For the rest of you, Diemond and Joltron, you need to do everything you can to keep her focus split between you two. Set up on either side of her. We are going to be on the offensive as much as possible. That is how we beat the King Black Dragon. Astro, you pair with whoever you want. AFCK will work with the other Tank. I will float. Astro, if you want to switch Tanks in the battle, feel free. Just avoid the claws, and in particular, the jaws.”

“Just a logistical question,” Astro asked. “If you fail to get the Last Attack Bonus, can we give you the gem?”

“As I understand it, you should be able to,” Bladescape nodded. “But I want that head and the gem, so if we can, leave it up to me. I know it is a bit of a cheat, but…”

“It still is fun,” Astro grinned. “Cheat or not, we want you to get the head, even if that means we stage it for you. And really, you are not hiding. You are going to be fully engaged in the battle, working for that killing blow. Assisting you on this quest will be fun."

“True,” Bladescape replied with a nod. “But if it finishes like it did with Kirito, Doom, and I, the killing blow must be dealt as swiftly as possible. Of course, then we only had 3 of us. And when-” Bladescape almost blew Kirito’s secret. She grinned, thankful that she caught herself in time. “When Kirito slipped up and didn’t get the kill shot I let him have, I had to rescue him. He was in a heavy delay, and he was going to die if I didn’t kill the dragon. So I did. It’s the only reason why Thunder has Dragon’s Tooth and why I got the Black Draconic Visage. So do the same thing. If I fail the setup, kill her.”

Doombunny confidently stood up. “Let’s go get you that gem! And let’s get that second head to mount behind the dais that will be here in a few days. Just think what it will look like if we get all five heads to be mounted behind you, we need that as a guild, as much as you need it for yourself.”

Bladescape looked behind her and grinned. “I think that is the perfect place for them.”

Bladescape stood up and began to pull out her crystals. “Everyone, make sure that you have three blues, plenty of reds, and that your health potions are stocked as well. Doom will worry about poison, we won’t.”

They checked everything and headed out. They moved quicker because Backbreaker wasn’t with them. Most of Floor 64 was explored and cleared. That also meant they had to hurry. Now was the time that many clearing parties turned to the dungeons to level grind a bit before they tackled the boss Labyrinth.

The location to the dungeon’s start was a cave in a small island in a small lake. As they came out of the woods and saw the bank, they saw a row boat on their side and another one on the other side. The game might have one on the other side to ensure adventures could get back across the lake when they left the dungeon, or it meant another party was already across and in the dungeon.

They all understood what was at stake. Doombunny took point on the rowboat so she could rush ahead with Search, Listen, and Reveal. Diemond knew she was worthless as a rower and got in right behind Doombunny to be the second one off and establish a defensive foothold for the others. Joltron took up residence beside her for the same reason. Astro and Bladescape shoved them off into the water and began to row. AFCK was behind them, but still could had enough space left get on the back.

AFCK had ignored the others and unequipped her axe. Instead, she rushed forward and leaped as high as she could, which was impressive even by game standards, and yelled “CANNONBALL!” It was AFCK. If any other player without Swimming as an active Skill did a cannonball into the lake, they would have never resurfaced. Especially with light metal armor on. She not only kept up, but got a head of the boat. Astro and Bladescape were having to call out “row” in a cadence to keep themselves steady, straight, and making progress towards the other shore.

“Beat you!” AFCK declared as they beached the rowboat.

Doombunny was gone, zipping into the cave.

“You are soaked,” Diemond said to AFCK, shaking her head in disapproval.

“So?” AFCK asked, seeing no problem with being wet.

“Let’s go,” Bladescape said, keeping them on track. “AFCK, put your axe back on.”

AFCK followed the order and they trotted into the cave. Doombunny was back rather quickly.

“Fresh tracks from a group are all throughout the cave,” Doombunny reported. “I spotted combat marks as well. Plenty of them. They can’t be too far ahead since the tracks are still fresh. It looks like a full party of six, with four members wearing heavy metal armor and 2 in light metal armor.”

“That is new to your skill,” Bladescape said as they rushed forward. “It is useful.”

Doombunny just shrugged back. Reveal was leveling up nicely and she was on track to max it by the time they got to Floor 80. There was still a lot of room for the Skill to unlock more abilities for her to employ.

“These are very fresh tracks,” Doombunny said as they got further in.

“Search just warned me of six players ahead,” Bladescape said, letting out a laugh. “You just beat me to it.”

They began to sprint, as fast as their slowest member, Diemond, could go. She was apologetic.

“Focus on running, we don’t care,” Bladescape said to her friend. “Don’t ever apologize for being the amazing Tank you are.”

They rounded a corner and saw the players. They were on either side of a narrow passageway on the left. They stopped talking as they saw the charging Wondercolts.

“Hold up,” their leader said.

“No,” Bladescape said as they slowed so they could enter. “It’s a green dragon in there, right?”

“How did you know?” he asked, as they all shifted their swords and shields to a ready position. It was their right to defend what they had found and not abandoned yet. The Wondercolts were being the rude ones.

“I have a quest,” Bladescape said, trying to calm them down. “This dungeon doesn’t end with Elvarg. I need to kill her for my quest. I don’t care about the rest of the dungeon. There is only one thing I need from her, and I have to get it from the final kill blow.”

One of them, a Tank, stepped forward to block the entrance.

“Show yourself Doombunny,” Bladescape said.

“Right here,” Doombunny said from the other side of the group. She uncloaked as asked.

“Doombunny, as in Baipagaru?” one asked, shaking a bit as he looked over his shoulder.

“The very same,” Doombunny said as she sheathed Shadowsong and began to pet Colorra’s head. “We don’t mean you any harm. Like our Kaisho said, she has a solo quest. We are backing her up. But we know she has to strike the final blow for her quest. If you could please let us through, I promise we won’t touch the rest of the dungeon. It is yours.”

An explosion and cascade of heat sent them ducking in all directions. The Tank blocking the passage had just taken a direct hit to the back from a fire attack. Bladescape was up first, pulling out several crystals. She had pulled out two blue and a red. She covered the distance in three long strides and pointed the crystal at the Tank. “HEAL!”

The red crystal shattered and the pieces floated over to him to give him life. Bladescape grabbed his left pauldron and began to drag him out of the way Joltron appeared beside her and the two of them got him farther back, clear from any more attacks.

They helped him up as his comrades were finally on their feet and capable of helping. The Wondercolts clearly had them outclassed for basic reaction skills. Both groups were now clearly split on either side of the entrance to the dragon, and keeping a good distance away from it.

Bladescape was with Joltron and Astro on the side closest to the dungeon mouth, while Doombunny, AFCK, and Diemond had ended up on the far side when they scrambled to get to a defensive position. The other party was also split 3 and 3.

“Look,” Bladescape said. “I need one of her scales for a multi-floor solo quest. It is useless to you because no one can start the quest anymore. I am several quest segments into it. So we are going in there, and you need to stay out.”

“You saved me,” the Tank said, surprised.

“Of course I did,” Bladescape shrugged. “I’m not going to let you die for any reason. Plus, this is not my first rodeo with a special dragon. It is clear though, that you don’t have the levels to be hunting a special dragon on the front line Floor.”

Their leader scowled at her from across the way. “And if I think we can?” he growled.

Bladescape didn’t have a chance to respond. He found Doombunny’s dagger, Shadowsong, at his throat. She was ready to paralyze him. He took a step back, but she expertly followed him and pinned him against the far wall.

“We asked nicely,” Doombunny sweetly said. Her voice and demeanor was calm and sweet, but her dagger at his throat showed she was strong and in control. “And we even explained why. Like we said, you take the dungeon and the real boss, and we will clear out that dragon and then leave. If you make me, I will use my paralyzing blade to ensure sure you don’t get yourself or any of your friends killed. He almost died from a single breath attack. I’ve felt more powerful dragon fire than that little puff of smoke. You are outmatched. Bow out with what little dignity you have left.”

“Come on, Celtec,” the Tank who almost died said. “I’m no match for it, I won’t be able to protect us. None of us will. That is Baipagaru, and she is a Wondercolt. They’re all Wondercolts. They have honor and a good reputation for a reason. A reputation for helping players without a second thought, not asking anything of them. Like they just did for me.

Celtec sighed. “Alright, go. We won’t stop you. We will continue on with the dungeon.”

Doombunny stepped back, twirling her dagger before she slipped it under her coat and into its sheath. She flashed him a smile and bowed respectfully.

Bladescape was too far away to stop it. Celtec's demeanor changed to the polar opposite. He drove a savage kick to Doombunny’s bowed head, driving the toe of his heavy metal boot into her face.

AFCK leaped across the dungeon passageway, landing a flying punch to his face. He was knocked back against the wall from the power and then rebounded off from basic physics. AFCK’s arm was out. She caught him along the chest, in a control clothesline attack that put him on his back. Hard. She sat her butt right on his chest, pinning him. Geode Splitter was casually popped off her back and she twirled it before pinning his neck between the shaft and the flared blade.

The other party had dropped their weapons in immediate surrender. The Tank next to Bladescape was low in prestige inside their group. The one beside Celtec, a lancer, had appeared to be his second. She was beside him in an instant, grabbing his armor and pulling him in close.

“I would take our advice very seriously,” Bladescape growled.

“Of course,” he gulped. “And what wise advice is that?”

“Considering his cursor is now orange, I would drag him out of this dungeon and toss him to the Army. Thinker knows and likes Doombunny and I, as well as all Wondercolts. My advice is to let him pay his orange time in a cell, where he can rethink his life decisions. When he gets out, you might not want to roll with him.”

“That is wonderful advice,” he furiously nodded. “I’m not making an excuse, but I seriously don’t know if we have any rope.”

Bladescape let him go and swiped up her menu. “I can solve that.”

She passed him the rope. Several of them grabbed the pinned Celtec. He swore at his former friends, cursing them with all sorts of language. AFCK slipped off him so they could tie him up, which would only take a few clicks.

Celtec twisted, slipping out of their grasp and kneed one in the kidney. He stood and clocked the one Bladescape had given the suggestion to with a powerful right hook. Metal backed fist connected with the metal helmet in a sickening scrape of steel. He dropped like a rock.

Bladescape had kept her menu up for a reason. She clicked on the item and into her hands another rope popped. It was a simple click to make the knot. Celtec only got a few steps before the rope was around him and Bladescape gave him a vicious yank. He was forced onto his face and his former comrades tackled him and this time got him tied up.

The one Bladescape had identified as their second was still trying to get his head about him from the blow. Diemond was tending to Doombunny and Astro began to help him get his helmet off and clear his head.

The Tank Bladescape had saved stepped over to her. “I think we certainly need introductions now,” He said. “I am Mytho. The six of us have been together for a long while. We are the Highlander Guild. We knew Celtec has a bit of temper and could be a bit rash, but we never would have said he would strike another player like that.

“Yeah, we all were a bit angry, you were pushing us out of the way, but you had a legitimate reason. Especially after you saved me. I wasn’t going in there. We knew we were outmatched. I didn’t see his change coming.

“Anyway, like I said, I am Mytho, obviously Celtec is tied up, the one your friend is tending is Jak and he is our second. By Celtec's head is Thunderborne, and by his feet is Emmeld, and finally the one gathering our dropped weapons is Merick.”

“Thunderborne?” Bladescape asked.

There was no time to explain as several of the monsters respawned. Four per side. Bladescape and Harmonic Salvation jumped at the closest one on her side. Merick rolled his eyes with a sigh, dropping the weapons, except his own sword and shield, and charged the closest one on his side to protect the players still dealing with head wounds. Joltron joined Bladescape’s side, but they both played aggressive, having no need for a Tank. Merick was backed up by AFCK and Colorra. Colorra claimed two of the four kills on their side.

Bladescape sheathed Harmonic Salvation and turned back to Mytho who had the unfortunate luck of having smartly dropped his axe and not picked it up. “Mytho, it is a plea-...well, I wish we met under better, less stressful circumstances.”

“Agreed,” Mytho nodded. “You had a question?”

“Yes, but first, our introductions. I am Bladescape-”

“Kaisho,” Astro said. “Kaisho Bladescape of the Wondercolts.

Bladescape sighed and explained “We just took in new members and I was given the title of Kaisho because I lead us all. So yes, I am Kaisho Bladescape. She is Nisa Astro, the Wondercolts’ third. That is Joltron. You already are familiar with Baipagaru, or as we know her, Doombunny. Helping her is Diemond, our armorer. And the one with the giant axe is AFCK, our Itamae.”

“A cook and on the front line?” Mytho asked, surprised.

“She maxed cooking too,” Bladescape grinned. “She’s good at her job. Both jobs.”

Bladescape groaned, frustrated. “This became a whole mess. It was supposed to be easy. Slam our way through the dungeon to Elvarg, execute the plan, leave the killing blow to me for my quest, and then go home. Well I go finish the quest and they go home. Now we have two players recovering from blows to the head and a rogue player gone orange.

“Oh!” Bladescape exclaimed. “You said Thunderborne? Can you spell that?”

Thunderborne shrugged, confused, but he complied. “T, H, U, N, D, E, R, B, O, R, N. I was going to add an E at the end, but that name was taken.”

The Wondercolts, except Doombunny, chuckled. Bladescape explained it. “Thunderborne with an E was taken by our friend. She got to it first. She is a fencer.”

Thunderborn laughed. “I want to meet her. After we deal with Celtec.”

“That is important, but let’s rest up a bit more,” Bladescape suggested. “Mytho get your axe and shield. We trust you, and even if you turned, well…” Bladescape’s grin was coy yet arrogant. There was no way they could take the Wondercolts, even in a surprise attack.

Doombunny groaned. “He is lucky Colorra let it slide. Or he wouldn’t be alive. I’m surprised she didn’t, even with AFCK hitting him.”

“Well, I am glad,” Merick said. “I would rather turn him in and be free of conscious than having a party member die, even if he turned. As bad as it was, he wasn’t trying to kill Baipagaru.”

“That is probably what saved him,” Bladescape said. “Either way, Merick, stay over there, but toss us Thunderborn’s, and Emmald’s weapons and shield. Let’s just relax. I know we are not in a safe zone, but let’s just stay calm. We almost had two deaths and we have two players who need a clear break.

“Thunderborn and Emmald, drag Celtec over to us so he is definitively clear from the passageway to the dragon, and take one of his health potions and force him to drink it. I can see how badly AFCK messed with his HP from that single punch. He was in bad shape before he tried to make a break for it, so we don’t need him dying from a little heat.”

They pulled him off to the side. Merick tossed them their weapons. They were now fully capable of fighting any respawns. They were lucky more hadn’t respawned.

“This is a bit lopsided,” Emmald said. “I am going to dash to their side, so that they have more than three fighters.”

“Go for it,” Bladescape said. “Wise thinking.”

He made it across without incident.

“PSST!” AFCK blew to get Bladescape’s attention without being loud. She was trying to not let the dragon know they were there, which was not how things worked, but it was AFCK. She whispered the yell, “Look at your lunch bag. I packed extra!”

Bladescape pulled up her menu and removed her lunch. She hadn’t given it any thought when she had grabbed the bag. She was told AFCK packed it personally, but that was all she worried about. She was going out solo, so it was logically a larger bag to cover the day. However, Inside was a lot more than two meals. Bladescape passed out bottles of fruit flavored water and then cupcakes to the players with her. AFCK was doing the same on her side.

“Man, these are so good,” Thunderborn said with a content sigh. “I don’t know the last time I had something this delectable. And it certainly was never in a dungeon.”

“AFCK is a master,” Bladescape chuckled.

Bladescape was anxious to fight Elvarg. They had now spent a lot of time in the dungeon, outside her cavern, and not doing anything to actually attack her or even plan the assault. She couldn’t help but think that it was her fault. They had crossed the line with how pushy they were.

“I’m ready,” Doombunny finally said. She had eaten plenty and drank all of the water given to her. “And I think Jak should get up and move as well. It was his metal boot against my unprotected face. You had some protection at least.”

Jak let out a big sigh. “Yeah. But I already have a headache about what comes next. The water and cupcakes were nice. A real treat and I’m very thankful for it. I’m thankful for all of your help and support. You have been extremely kind and generous when you should not have.”

“Pfft,” Diemond waved it off. “It’s what we do, Darling.”

Bladescape opened her menu and pulled out a pen and a piece of paper.

Thinker,

Take Celtec, a pathetic excuse for a player let alone a human being, and lock him up for assault on an unarmed and unaware player, and assault on his friends. Short story: he assaulted Doombunny and then resisted capture and struck his friends to try and escape. They can tell you the long version. We are safe and fine. If you need more info for a proper sentence, send a runner to our castle and I will come as soon as I can. Thorn Island is the teleport plaza location.

Kaisho Bladescape, Wondercolts

Bladescape folded the top of the paper down to the center. She did the same from the bottom. She repeated those folds so it was a nice square. Along the opening she placed a piece of wax and then used a stamp and put their Wondercolts seal on it. It would be obvious if it was opened before Thinker got it. She wrote his name above the seal so it got to him.

“Give this to the Army,” Bladescape said, passing the note to Mytho. “Thinker is their leader. Explain what you need to. I know he will at least hold Celtec for a few days if he wants to speak to me. It’s in the note, but this will make sure it gets to Thinker and is taken care of properly. Wondercolts to Aincrad Liberation Force.”

“I will make sure it personally gets delivered to his hands,” Mytho assured her. “We have a player to take to jail and you have a dragon to kill.”

They shook hands, wishing each other luck and parted ways. Bladescape looked over at Doombunny. She was standing strong, with Colorra proudly sitting on her shoulders. Bladescape watched as Doombunny took a deep breath in and confidently drew Endbringer.

Bladescape (SS): Lvl 83 – Two-Handed SwordSearchWeapon DefenseLeather Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Sprint – Acrobatics – Blade Throwing – Extended Weight Carry - Greatsword
Thunderborne (RBD): Lvl 75 – RapierSprintAcrobaticsArmor Pierce – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Leather Armor – Weapon Defense – Extended Weight Carry – Search
Backbreaker (AJ): Lvl 78 – Heavy ShieldOne-Handed War HammerExtended Weight CarryHeavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Fishing – Search – Martial Arts – Acrobatics
AFCK(PP): Lvl 75 – Two-Handed AxeParryCookingWeapon DefenseMartial Arts – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Thrown Weapon – Musical Instrument
Diemond (R): Lvl 75 – Heavy Shield – Mace – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Heavy Metal Armor – TailoringLight Metal Armor ForgingHeavy Metal Armor Forging – Jewelry Making – Extended Weight Carry
Doombunny (FS): Lvl 78 – One-Handed Dagger – First Aid – HideSearchListening – Battle Regeneration – Fighting Spirit – Familiar Communication (Colorra) – Drug Mixing – Reveal -- Fencing
Astro (PS): Lvl 75 – Two-Handed Spear - Purchase Negotiation – Armor Pierce – Acrobatics – First Aid – Light Metal Armor – Battle Regeneration – Weapon Defense – Parry – Extended Wight Carry
Kiefer: Lvl 73 – One-Handed Curved Blade – Parry – Weapon Defense – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Slash Weapon Forging – Katana – Martial Arts - Search - Armor Pierce
Lessa: Lvl 72 – One-Handed Sword – Shield – Light Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Equipment Repair – Metal Equipment Repairing – Armor Pierce – Search - Acrobatics
Joltron: Lvl 75 – One handed Axe – Heavy Shield – Heavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Metal Refining – Cooking – One Handed Weapon Creation – Two Handed Weapon Creation – Extended Weight Carry
Knightstar (TS): Lvl 69 – One-Handed SwordShieldEquipment AppraisalParry – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Search – Armor Pierce

Author's Note:

Just a reminder, I have readers who don't know SAO. Please mark any potential spoilers with the spoiler tag so they can't see it glancing over any responses.

PreviousChapters Next