• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 8,746 Views, 2,906 Comments

EQG: Sword Art Online - Aincrad - Mindrop



The Girls get trapped in the newest video game, Sword Art Online. If you die in the game, you die in real life.

  • ...
27
 2,906
 8,746

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 56 - Learning to Ride

Front Line - Floor 60
April 28 - Year 2

The morning came too quickly. Bladescape put her armor on and headed down to breakfast as usual. She wasn’t the first at the table.

“I thought you were not doing combat,” Astro said.

“I'm questing,” Bladescape replied. “Not grinding away at the front line or for XP. A subtle, but big, difference.”

“Fair, but you should have backup,” Astro added.

“These are solo quests,” Bladescape explained. “And I am doing them for a…client.”

Astro nodded in understanding.

“What client?” Backbreaker asked. “You didn’t mention that last night.”

Bladescape swallowed her food before replying. “I was tired and it doesn’t matter. They are solo quests built around a mental challenge. Not that there isn’t combat at times. Particularly if I get something wrong.”

Thunderborne coughed loudly to “casually” get their attention.

“Fine, you can have seconds,” Bladescape said.

“Actually, I was hoping to talk about something more important,” Thunderborne said as she overstuffed her plate.

“And what is this important thing?” Bladescape casually asked. Thunderborne was probably being a bit dramatic about how important it was.

“Knightstar,” Thunderborne said. “We need to get our friend back! Why are we doing anything else?”

“It’s a delicate matter,” Bladescape immediately replied. “When we talked, she was very shut off. Give me some time to figure out how to best go about Operation Midnight Redemption.”

“No,” Doombunny stated, shocking them all. “I will do Operation Midnight Redemption. The argument was mostly between the two of us.”

“That isn’t wise,” Diemond said.

“No,” Bladescape said. “I think Doombunny is right. I think she is the one that can succeed. She is Plan A.”

“I already have a plan,” Doombunny added. “If I can have the day off, I can set it in motion. It will take some time to prepare and set everything up. This is not a simple fix, in any reality.”

“Done,” Backbreaker announced. “Should we train or hit the front lines?”

“I saw a good dungeon,” Astro said. “Let’s go there. I don’t think anyone will have hit it yet with things so open.”

“Sounds good,” Backbreak said standing up. “Let’s gear up, y’all.”

“Blade, I have food packed for you in a sack on the kitchen counter,” AFCK stated.

“Thanks,” Bladescape said as she stood up. “I need to get moving. I have a lesson before I hit the next quest.”

“Lesson?” Astro asked.

“Horse riding,” Bladescape replied.

“Ouch,” Astro grimaced. “Good luck. I hear horses are incredibly difficult to ride.”

“They were giving me some trouble yesterday,” Bladescape said. “And I didn’t need it for this next quest. I do need it for an upcoming one though.”

They all split up. Bladescape grabbed the bags marked for her and departed. At Mo’s shop, Mo was entertaining a young woman. Even sitting down, it was easy to see the young woman was wearing a traditional equestrian riding outfit.

“Join us,” Mo said, smiling under her full feathers and bright hat.

Bladescape sat down, swiping the glass of water obviously filled for her. She took a drink as she settled in.

“This is Boots, she is a master with the horses in Aincrad and in real life,” Mo explained. “I have contracted her to help you learn to ride. She assures me it won’t be difficult. Although, I do wonder, how do you know you will need it?”

“I killed the witch, but not without first learning some information about two segments of the quest. Her father is setting players up, wanting the items for himself. He wants the Whetstone, although he already has the halter, except it is being used by his own men in that quest. And that knight will try to kill me.”

“Interesting,” Mo replied, lost in thought. Her eyes snapped to Bladescape. “Go, learn to ride. I will dig up what I can and make the next plan.”

Bladescape followed Boots out. They teleported to Floor 12. Boots owned a corral there. She had acquired it a year ago from a quest that required a skilled rider to complete it. Floor 12 also had a variety of wild horses. She had spent much of her time hunting them down and capturing them.

She quickly had two horses saddled and ready. She handed the reins of the grey one to Bladescape. “Mist is calm and a good starting horse. Technically, she is a pony by her size, but that makes her perfect to start. With any luck, we will get you onto a stallion by the end of the day.”

Bladescape had an easier time mounting the smaller horse. The idea that it was a pony was certainly confusing her soul. She was a human pony riding a virtual pony. She tried to not overthink it. Or think of it at all.

What she had picked up before didn’t hurt her form too badly. She was being taught to control the horse with only her left hand like the classic riding style. Traditional riding had a crop, or a polo mallet, or the right hand free for another item, like a sword.

Bladescape was constantly being told to kick Mist more, and harder. It took a lot of prodding, but soon Mist began to understand and trust Bladescape. Boots brought them up to a trot and then began to gallop out of the safe zone and into the open fields.

Bladescape actually laughed as they rode. It was fun. She couldn’t stop laughing as Boots brought them to a halt in the middle of a field. Boots was grinning as Bladescape tried to calm her laughter down.

“It has been a long time since I have heard someone laugh like that,” Boots grinned. “Or smile the way you are.”

Bladescape started to reply but then let out one last chuckle. “It has been a long time since I have done something so freeing.”

“I know,” Boots beamed. “That is why I do what I do in both worlds. Follow me back, and we will work on the finer movements. You will need it to beat that knight on horseback. Combat is different with a horse. It requires full trust between both rider and mount.”

“I use a two-handed sword,” Bladescape replied. “A long one. I have a cheap, simple, shorter one, but it isn’t powerful. I probably need to find a better one.”

“I use a sword and shield,” Boots replied. “We can practice in the safe zone. But first, we need to get you able to make small adjustments so that you can put yourself where you need to be to fight on horseback.”

Bladescape nodded and they began to make their way back. When it came to the finer movements, they were not making quick turns around barrels or doing cowboy stuff. It was calmer, focusing on turns and getting Mist to make small adjustments like simple side steps.

They broke for lunch. Bladescape took Boots out to a local place for all she had done and knowing how much more she would do. She appreciated it.

Out of nowhere, in the middle of their meal, Argo sat down at the table. She gave Boots a glance over and then a nod before turning to Bladescape. "You are working for Mo."

"Is that a question or a statement?" Bladescape asked.

"Why is the question," Argo shot back.

"I promised you I would find something to relax, no skills found my fancy, so I went to see what she had for suggestions, which was three quests. I admit, I got roped into more than expected. I was a bit blindsided, but I have a few advantages. An important one is that she needs me."

"What exactly are you working on?" Argo pressed.

"Argo, we are friends, but I don't believe it is in my best interest to tell you that. Info is your job."

Argo scowled for a moment and then stood up. She took a few steps and stopped, turning back to face them. "I've done quests for Mo. She seems fair, usually is, but ultimately it is for her gain. Even as good as some of the things she has done for the Assault Team have been, it still is about her. She has a profit margin to meet."

Argo was gone before Bladescape could reply. She didn't have a reply to give, but it was good that she was being looked after.

"Was that the legendary info broker?" Boots asked.

"Yep," Bladescape nodded. "Our guild has helped her a lot. We have a complicated relationship. In the end, what we do for her, it’s the same thing she just warned me about Mo. They both have a profit margin to keep, they both have their shadier things, and they both do their best to progress the game. Except that last one is as their eyes see fit.

"But none of that concerns you. You were contracted to teach me to ride. And I am enjoying it. I am glad it is not a Skill though. What do you need to take care of your horses?"

"Outside of my battle skills, I make use of Ferrier, Animal Husbandry, and both sales skills to keep the corral. I buy a lot, but I sell a lot. I don't make a lot of money doing what I do. I have to go out and join parties to farm most of my Col. This contract was hefty and something I couldn’t pass up."

Boots stood up. "But enough about that. We have more to teach you."

Bladescape followed her out. This time she was given a black mare with a diamond on its forehead. "This is Diamond Tiara. I named her that for the diamond mark that sits where a tiara would."

"Makes sense," Bladescape replied. She didn't mention the younger girl at Canterlot Highschool that bore the same name.

"She has spirit. She loves to jump obstacles and is a sprinter. However, her endurance is lacking compared to the field hunters. She will have plenty for what we need her for. Just be firm to start until she gets used to you."

"Got it," Bladescape nodded.

She mounted the higher horse with Boots spotting. Diamond Tiara was prancing in place a bit, eager to go. Boots got up easily onto the same horse as before and they were off.

The start was much like the morning. They worked on control and macro movements, while slowly gaining more speed. They began to corner quicker and soon Boots taught Bladescape how to deal with a jump. When Diemond Tiara charged a fence at a near gallop, Bladescape got her body in line. Staying straight, she rose off the saddle a bit to allow for the movement of the horse beneath her. She wasn't thrown as they landed and Bladescape turned Diamond Tiara down the road at a good pace.

Boots caught up, laughing. They slowed to talk. "Well done. It is like you have an understanding of the horses like a true rider. Let's race back to the corral and work the finer movements like earlier."

Bladescape just nodded and then got Diemond Tiara up to a gallop. Boots stayed behind for most of the trip. She made her move at the last moment and won the race. She wouldn't have suggested it if she didn't think she could leave Bladescape in the dust.

It was the same stuff as earlier: back and forth, side to side, full and half steps. All was in the pursuit of perfection.

"I want to spar before you go tonight, if you can go without dinner for a bit."

"I am ready, Bladescape replied.

Boots smiled mischievously. She soon came back with two larger horses, and she was kitted out for battle. Her gear wasn’t too impressive, but she wasn’t near the front lines for a reason. She passed the reins of the brown horse to Bladescape and then mounted up. Bladescape mounted the horse as well, adding the cheap and short two-handed sword she had from the mission with Argo.

As they headed to an open courtyard in the basically abandoned city to spar, Boots informed Bladescape of the situation. "I am on Wind Rush, a full stallion. You are on Tenderhoof, a gelding. He is calmer than a stallion but will serve you well. He is used to combat and noise. Remember, a lot of what we will be doing will be the fine movements and steps.”

The center of the village was rather quiet since they were on Floor 12. It was also large enough for them to maneuver and set up, but confined them like an arena would. They didn’t clash weapons at first. Boots ran them through some charge and maneuvering moves to help give Bladescape an idea of combat from horseback and how much the horse had to be directed.

When their swords finally clashed, Bladescape was outmatched. Tenderhoof responded correctly, but Bladescape was not ready for a different fighting style. Boots’ sword was right up against her neck immediately. They reset and began again. Bladescape tried to play defensively, but she failed without a fight. It was difficult to move her sword like she needed to.

“This is too heavy,” Bladescape stated. “I need a lighter sword for horseback.”

“I agree,” Boots said with a nod.

“I have an idea,” Bladescape replied. “It won’t take me long.”

“The teleport plaza is right down that street,” Boots said, pointing to it. “I can take both horses back.”

Bladescape dismounted and headed to the plaza. She jumped to Floor 48, Lindarth. She went straight to Lisbeth’s shop. Lis was, as expected, busy with a few customers. Bladescape ignored them and stepped around the counter.

Lis glared at her as Bladescape forced her to address her. “What?” She growled.

“I need a two-handed sword, light and built for speed. Shorter too.”

“I am kind of busy here!” Lis exclaimed.

“And I have the Col to compensate you,” Bladescape fired back. “Do you have what I need on the shelf or not?”

“Of course not,” Lis huffed. “No one needs a lightweight two-handed sword. That defeats the purpose. I do have the materials to make something like that though. But what is wrong with Harmonic Salvation? You just picked her up!”

“A quest,” Bladescape replied. “Timed. If you can’t do it, I will go elsewhere.”

“Wait!” Lis exclaimed as Bladescape took a step towards the door. “Let me finalize with this gentleman and then I will make you the sword you need.”

The Wondercolts gave Lisbeth a lot of business. She was their weapon smith now. She did the bulk of the maintenance on their weapons and enhanced them. It was not something easily lost.

The others were not happy at Bladescape cutting in line, but none of them were clearers. Bladescape just leaned against the wall, waiting. She didn’t have to wait long.

Lisbeth beckoned for her to follow her into the back. She was still annoyed. “What exactly do you need?”

“A two-handed longsword that is short. It needs to be as light as possible, built for speed and use in tight quarters. I need to be able to use it in one hand. This isn’t for front line combat, so the stats can be lower.”

“That is a tricky order,” Lisbeth replied. “I have the materials here for it. You are lucky on that. And it will cost you for barging in.”

“Fair,” Bladescape nodded. “I expected to pay for the rush order.”

Lis grumbled as she grabbed the materials and heated up the forge. It didn’t take long.

“How is the outfit working?” Bladescape asked. “You are still wearing it.”

Lisbeth let out a big sigh as she started to melt the metal. “It is working great. I am hot news because I am the cute and adorable smith who can make top tier weapons. It has doubled my sales. It was well worth it. I just hate being the ‘cute’ smith.”

Lisbeth was done talking as she grabbed her hammer and pulled the metal out. It didn’t take any time at all for her to make weapons. With the sword done, she passed it to Bladescape.

“Its name is Batjusu,” Lisbeth declared, rather spitefully. She didn’t think the name fit.

The sword was plain, with a brown leather hilt and pointed pommel. There was a bump in the center of the long handle, exaggerating how long it actually was. The cross guard was thin and the scabbard was the same, brown leather with steel end cap and steel locket. It also had a metal ring attached to the locket and one towards the middle.

Bladescape performed some basic Two-handed Sword Skills and smiled. It was very light. The length was rather ridiculous for a two-handed sword, but even while doing the simple skills with one hand, it worked fine. Perfect for what she was going to be doing.

“What exactly are you doing that you need a sword like that?” Lisbeth pressed. “It has to be the worst sword I have ever made since I got good at making swords. The balance point is in the wrong spot in the hilt. It isn’t a sword I would be proud to admit I made. And the name isn’t a good one either.”

“A quest requiring combat on horseback,” Bladescape said as she pulled up her window.

“Horseback?” Lisbeth stuttered.

“Yes,” Bladescape said, pausing. “I’m taking a break from the front and doing some solo quests. Harmonic Salvation is too large to fight with while controlling a horse. I need a weapon for a single hand, but I got rid of that Skill a long time ago. Hence the weight and length requirements.”

Lisbeth shut up, not speaking another word. Bladescape went back to paying for the sword. She withdrew what she thought was a good price and handed it over. Lisbeth clicked on it to see the actual amount transferred. By the way her eyes widened, it was more than what she was expecting.

“Thanks,” Bladescape said, heading up the stairs to leave.

“You’re welcome!” Lisbeth sarcastically shot back.

The horses were still saddled and ready. Bladescape showed Boots the sword.

“This will do nicely,” Boots said as she held the sword and tested it without Sword Skills. “A trick for this quest will be putting this blade on your saddle, rather than your body. That way, if you get knocked off, you can go to the longer blade, and even on foot, you have the range to hit the knight with your sword. The horse is too heavy to stop with an attack, but your sword is as long as a medium spear and can knock a rider off with ease."

Boots attached the sword to the saddle for Bladescape and then she mounted Wind Rush. Bladescape followed suit and mounted Tenderhoof. They trotted back to the square and tried again. This time, Bladescape came at Boots with confidence. She kept Tenderhoof moving forward as she swung. Boots was forced to let go of the reins and use her shield against the lightning fast blade. She expertly stayed on, despite the hit knocking her back. Wind Rush turned instinctively and charged. Boots got her swing in, but it was useless against Bladescape’s well honed skill. Bladescape blocked and flipped her blade around, smacking Boots on the shoulders with the flat of her blade.

“Alright,” Boots said, catching her breath. “I don’t think I have much to teach you there. You are keeping Tenderhoof moving like you need to.” Boots took a deep breath in and let it out. “I fight from horseback on this Floor for fun. But I am not skilled enough to take on a member of the Assault Team. Your reflexes are too well honed, and you were not using Sword Skills.”

Bladescape couldn’t help but smile as she laid the blade across her lap.

“I tested the weight of the blade,” Boots stated. “But while it is about the same weight as my sword, and only slightly longer, it hit me with a lot of force. More than I can ever produce. And the speed is another issue entirely.”

“I am very strong,” Bladescape stated. “I have to be in order to wield Harmonic Salvation.”

“What is your cavalry sword’s name?”

“Bajutsu,” Bladescape replied.

Boots snorted. “Appropriate name, despite how plain it is.”

“I was told by the smith that it wasn’t a good name," Bladescape stated. "Her reaction when she found out it was for combat on horseback is best described as shock. She didn’t say anything because she was also mad at me for barging in and sort of strong arming her into it. I paid her handsomely, but she still was extra sassy. I did cut in line. She did it because I have a time limit, and all us Wondercolts go to her. I can’t stay on these quests for too long as they keep me off the front line. Now, what exactly does Bajutsu mean or give reference to?”

Boots snorted again. “Bajutsu is the traditional Japanese martial art for combat on horseback. It is separate from Yabusame, the art of archery on horseback. Bajutsu is also about the art of the horse and rider working together, and the care for the horses by their rider, who were exclusively samurai until recently. High ranking samurai mostly because horses were, and still are, rather scarce in Japan. There just isn’t room for lots of horses.”

Bladescape mulled all of it over in her brain. Japan loved perfecting things into an artform. “So, this sword has a very good name.”

“And it is a very good sword for the type of combat required of it,” Boots added. “It’s intriguing to think that the system designed it so perfectly and also named it randomly. The smith only has marginal control over the weapon created. They can control the base parameters, but that is it. The system rolls dice to determine the rest.”

“Maybe,” Bladescape replied. “But I am not so certain. Harmonic Salvation is a very appropriately named sword for me. I am not the only Wondercolt with a powerfully named weapon. The axe Geode Splitter used by AFCK holds meaning from the real world as well. Radiant Beauty, a mace, is also an appropriate name, so is Mistmane’s Fury, which is a katana.”

“Lucky for you all,” Boots said. “I can’t afford a custom sword, and certainly not one from the smith you have to be using.”

“Lisbeth is in high demand for a reason,” Bladescape replied. She couldn’t resist a smile. “She also wears a pretty outfit that she bought at our big sale that Diemond had not too long ago. It has brought her more business from the boys in this game.”

Boots snickered in understanding. She changed gears. “Want to go hunt the bandits on this Floor? We still have plenty of light.”

“Sure,” Bladescape grinned. “Let’s really test what you have taught me.”

Bladescape followed Boots out of the city and then south. It wasn’t long before she began to pick up the bandits with Search. The bandits heard them coming from the thunder of their horses' hooves. It only got louder as they went from the strong trot to a full-on gallop.

Bladescape chose her path. She would pass by one bandit and then go between two more. Tenderhoof was straight and true, understanding what she intended to do. Bajutsu glowed red, slicing through the first bandit. She crossed the blade over to the left side and timed the stab correctly with the Sword Skill. The blade impaled him in the throat. She flipped it back over to the right. She swung, this time without activating a Skill. She was beside the target as she swung, which meant she was past him by the time the sword came around. The blade’s tip dug into his back, tracing a red arc across it. The bandit howled in pain and then popped into polygons.

Boots had been forced to slow down as she made finer turns to deal with each bandit. It took her a few hits with Sword Skills to take each one down. Tenderhoof surged forward at Bladescape’s direction. She held Bajutsu out and down as she chose her next path. She braced the handle along her forearm and charged, never swinging. The blade sliced through one with ease and then a second. Bladescape cleared Boots’ right side in a single pass without changing the position of her blade. She came around the back and skewered two more as she came up on the left of Boots and Wind Rush.

Boots looked around quickly. She couldn’t believe that the bandits were all gone. Bladescape started to laugh, mostly from the joy of riding, but also from the fight.

“I am a member of the Assault Team,” Bladescape reminded her. “My Two-Handed Sword Skill is maxed, and I have a solid sword in my hand. We are on Floor 12. They don’t stand a chance. They never did and never will. With my battle healing rate, I could stand still all day long and they never would take me out of the green. They wouldn't even get close."

Boots just shook her head, grinning, in shocked reply.

“There are more over there,” Bladescape said pointing with Bajutsu. “Let’s get you in a party with me so it is not a waste on your end. You can at least share the XP and Col and you should gain more than running solo beside me.”

Boots nodded and accepted the party request. “Lead on and let me watch you so I can see if you need to fine tune your actions, rather than relying on brute force.”

They headed off. Bladescape was rather intuitive about striking from horseback. She wouldn’t admit it, but she felt like a part of it came from instinctively understanding how a horse walked and moved. She molded herself to that as she directed Tenderhoof and let loose Bajutsu.

They couldn’t continue after a few more fights. The horses needed rest and food and they were out of light. They took the horses back to the corral and Boots quickly got them squared away.

She came back out. “You adapted fast. Faster than most. And you went from basically no experience riding to being able to fight on the back of a charging steed in a day. I am surprised. In a good way.”

“Thanks,” Bladescape replied. “I do have you to thank. I might have some natural tendencies, but you brought them out. Let’s grab dinner, but not here. My treat.”

“I won’t deny that offer,” Boots replied. “I eat rather plainly most days. Well enough, but plain.”

Bladescape directed them to Lindarth. Boots had never been that high up in Aincrad. She had no idea where they were going.

“One quick stop,” Bladescape said.

Boots shrugged. “Hey, you are paying, so I don’t mind.”

Bladescape took them to Lisbeth’s Smith Shop. It was still open, barely, and empty of customers.

“You got your swords here, didn’t you?” Boots asked as she saw all the weapons on display.

“Yep,” Bladescape replied. “And get them enhanced and kept in perfect condition.

“Again?” Lisbeth huffed when she came out of the back to see who had entered.

“Still with the sass?” Bladescape asked, matching her sass. “I know you made more from me than what you did from the others I cut in line.”

Lisbeth rolled her eyes but didn’t deny it.

“I want to set up an order for enhancements,” Bladescape continued. “I want to increase the Quickness, Accuracy, and Sharpness of Bajutsu. Maybe Durability if it isn’t hard to get the materials.”

“It’s a very basic sword,” Lisbeth replied. “Despite having used a speed type metal, I have all that I need on my shelves. Although, I doubt I will after you finish.”

“Can you do it now so I don’t have to worry about it?”

“If you pay an extra fee for out of hours work,” Lisbeth kicked back.

“Of course,” Bladescape grinned.

Bladescape pulled Bajutsu out of her inventory and handed it to Lisbeth. “One of each please, except heaviness. I can’t afford to add the weight.”

“Give me a few minutes,” Lisbeth huffed.

Bladescape looked at Boots. She was testing the weight of a sword. It wasn’t to her liking and she set it back on the wall. The next one was a better fit. Bladescape could tell by how her hand gripped the handle and how her eyes lit up.

With four enhancements being added, it took fifteen minutes for Lisbeth to do them. Thankfully, each one took. She had 16 more enhancement attempts for Bajutsu. Bladescape paid the price Lisbeth quoted. The four enhancements were cheaper than what it was costing for a single one for Harmonic Salvation. Although, they were about to hit the point where Bladescape would have to acquire the enhancement materials herself in a vicious hunt across all of Aincrad to get the materials. The sword was becoming stronger, but rarer, and so was the enhancement materials.

“What is the cost of that sword?” Bladescape asked, pointing to the one Boots’ eyes had lit up over.

Lisbeth was confused. “I just made that one the other day. It's not my finest work, but it will do. The Wondercolts already have better though. It will serve a mid level player well.”

“What is the price?” Bladescape pressed.

Lisbeth let out a long sigh and leaned forward onto her counter. It had been a long day. She gave the price. She was shocked when Bladescape opened her menu again and pulled out the Col.

“Wha?”

Bladescape turned to Boots, who had been discretely listening while she patiently waited for dinner. “It’s yours. I couldn’t have gotten ready for what is going to come without your help.”

Boots almost fainted. She had heard the price. She had also tried to not get excited about hearing it being discussed.

“I seriously keep getting Col,” Bladescape explained. “I’m a warrior with little use for it. Other than materials for weapon enhancements.”

Boots cautiously took the sword off the wall.

“Now you can properly hunt,” Bladescape added. “At your level, you shouldn’t have had such a hard time against those low-level Bandits. It should be all one swing kills.”

“Desert Orchid,” Boots said in awe. “The name is most appropriate.”

“In what way?” Lisbeth asked. “I know it has the flower on the guard, but that is all.”

“He was a National Hunt racing horse of great renown,” Boots explained. “National Hunt is an endurance and jumping race event. He was one of the best. It is an appropriate sword to use on horseback.

“So you were the one training her,” Lisbeth grumbled.

“And handsomely paid for by the sponsor of Bladescape’s quests,” Boots added. “As handsome as it was, it wasn't close to the cost of this sword. But we should depart so you can close your store.”

“You could join us for dinner,” Bladescape added. “My treat.”

“Really?” Lisbeth asked, perking up. Everything she had done with the Wondercolts had always been professional.

“Really,” Bladescape nodded. “Boots got me ready to ride, you got me ready to fight. Harmonic Salvation was not an option.”

“Alright,” Lisbeth said. “I will take you up on that offer, but! only if you are paying for her dinner as well.”

“Of course I am,” Bladescape grinned. “Got a recommendation?”

“Yeah,” Lisbeth smirked. “A new place just opened up in Lindarth. The owner has real world training. But, it isn’t cheap.”

“Fine by me,” Bladescape shrugged, undeterred.

It was an expensive place. Lisbeth’s usual level of sass was dropped as the evening got later and the three of them became more personal. The price of the amazing food meant nothing compared to having fun with the two of them. And it felt good to spend money on others who deserved it and had helped her out so much.

Bladescape (SS): Lvl 80 – Two-Handed SwordSearchWeapon DefenseLeather Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Sprint – Acrobatics – Blade Throwing – Extended Weight Carry -- ?
Thunderborne (RBD): Lvl 73 – RapierSprintAcrobaticsArmor Pierce – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Leather Armor – Weapon Defense – Extended Weight Carry – Search
Backbreaker (AJ): Lvl 76 – Heavy ShieldOne-Handed War HammerExtended Weight CarryHeavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Fishing – Search – Martial Arts – Acrobatics
AFCK(PP): Lvl 73 – Two-Handed AxeParryCookingWeapon DefenseMartial Arts – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Thrown Weapon – Musical Instrument
Diemond (R): Lvl 73 – Heavy Shield – Mace – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Heavy Metal Armor – TailoringLight Metal Armor ForgingHeavy Metal Armor Forging – Jewelry Making – Extended Weight Carry
Doombunny (FS): Lvl 75 – One-Handed Dagger – First Aid – HideSearchListening – Battle Regeneration – Fighting Spirit – Familiar Communication (Colorra) – Drug Mixing – Reveal -- Fencing
Astro (PS): Lvl 73 – Two-Handed Spear - Purchase Negotiation – Armor Pierce – Acrobatics – First Aid – Light Metal Armor – Battle Regeneration – Weapon Defense – Parry – Extended Wight Carry
Kiefer: Lvl 70 – One-Handed Curved Blade – Parry – Weapon Defense – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Slash Weapon Forging – Katana – Martial Arts -- ?
Lessa: Lvl 70 – One-Handed Sword – Shield – Light Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Equipment Repair – Metal Equipment Repairing – Armor Pierce – Search -- ?
Joltron: Lvl 73 – One handed Axe – Heavy Shield – Heavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Metal Refining – Cooking – One Handed Weapon Creation – Two Handed Weapon Creation – Extended Weight Carry

Author's Note:

Hey! Two things I wanted to remind/tell you about.

1: I just wanted to put a friendly reminder out about the comment section. Not all of the readers know SAO. Some of them have never heard of it before they read this story. If it is a potential spoiler, mark it in the comments, just so we don't spoil anything. I've not had a problem with it or gotten any complaints, and I have to watch myself when I respond. I love getting comments and hearing from you, and you are always free to message me directly about the story - or anything - and get a more in depth answer. But as we progress, it does seem to get harder to not accidentally spoil something in SAO - or myself spoil something in an upcoming episode - so please, I would rather see a more liberal use of the spoiler tag system than not enough!

2: If you didn't know, the Aside Blog posts have officially been turned into a story to make it easier for y'all to access and read. Link to the Asides.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing comments from y'all!

PreviousChapters Next