• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 8,747 Views, 2,906 Comments

EQG: Sword Art Online - Aincrad - Mindrop



The Girls get trapped in the newest video game, Sword Art Online. If you die in the game, you die in real life.

  • ...
27
 2,906
 8,747

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 27 - Conventional Diemond

Floor 35

March 15 – Year 2

Diemond came into the guild hall meeting room at Bladescape's request. While it was a private meeting, no one had ever attended the public ones unless specifically called. Because of her hide skill, Doombunny had to inform them if she came into the guild hall and they were there, or if they set up to do business and she was already there.

"What is the matter darlings?" Diemond asked. She was in her "idea dress" to help channel her work and she had a tape measure around her neck. A pincushion was also on her wrist. She had been working on some big project.

"I have no idea," Backbreaker immediately said. "I don't know what they're up to."

"Well," Bladescape said, stalling out as she struggled to say it in a way that wouldn't hurt her friend.

Knightstar started to say something and then stopped.

Diemond rolled her eyes. "Look, there is no reason to beat around the bush. We are all best friends after all." She was obviously nervous about the topic though.

Knightstar just said it and then cringed. "You are too conventional."

"Conventional, Darling?" Diemond asked. She scoffed a laugh. "What you are wearing there, is not conventional. That is the finest I can produce here, and I would struggle to make something better in the real world."

"That is where the issue is," Bladescape said, finally getting a handle on the situation. "You maxed the first few crafting skills for a reason. You are just as good in here as you are back home. However, Knightstar is right, conventional is the word. You know cotton and silk, rhinestones and sequins. You don't know the virtual world's hundreds of other materials to craft with. And you don't know how to out think the system to combine them. At least not for our field equipment."

"Oh," Diemond said, shocked. "Well, Dear, um…can we drop the game names?"

"No," Knightstar firmly said. "Because we are talking about Diemond, not Rarity. While Rarity is behind Diemond, Rarity is a master of the real world’s materials. This is the virtual world. Diemond knows how to make clothes that, style wise, are not conventional and are very beautiful. We love having amazing outfits to wear.

"But Diemond doesn't know how to find and work with virtual, exotic materials. And frankly, neither does AFCK. She is still figuring out how to combine all the different ingredients to make new flavors and reproduce what we recognize as a certain flavor. Her cooking is still...flat."

"Knightstar, Dear," Diemond asked, almost begging. "Can't you buy a guide or something?"

"I looked," Knightstar flatly said. "I've been looking for a week, but the only real guides out there are mine. They are leveling guides. The real secrets are being held by the other masters in the field."

"Oh," Diemond said, deflating.

"It's not your fault," Bladescape said. "We just realized how far back from the curve we are. Player made equipment can go a lot further that we thought, and with each new Floor, new materials are unlocked. The perfect example is my new sword. If I had this sword when we fought the Qalphite Queen, I would have scored the LAB. But I had an under powered sword. The others who attacked didn't expect my sword to be as low as it was, so their attacks came up short for the last blow.

"If we are going to stay on top and out front, we need the best. And that doesn't reflect you. Not you as an individual or you as a designer. But we will need to make arrangements to secure better gear in 2 weeks if we can’t figure out how to help you do it."

"I see," Diemond sighed. "I understand. I truly do. We have to have the best. And I can't produce that when it comes to armor. Yet. But we still can't look like a rag tag guild just flashing colors. We need to be organized and look dashing."

"I totally agree," Backbreaker said. "We do need to look like that. I don't think that is being discussed."

"Actually it is, kind of," Knightstar said. "I have had a conversation or two with Bladescape about it. The Knights of the Blood Oath are a perfect example. They are neatly uniformed in their armor, sporting several varieties depending on equipment class, roll, and a few other reasons. We don't have the numbers for their full diversity, but we can have a style for each classification of armor. However, I think we need to make Bladescape a special uniform, one that puts her in command, just like Commander Heathcliff."

"She can't pull off our yellow with her skin tone," Diemond interjected.

Knightstar clarified what she meant. "I just mean the regal, in charge officer look that stands out, but blends in. His plate armor is red with white accents, while the rest of the guild is white with red accents."

"Oh, right," Diemond chuckled. She was very aware of how each KOB uniform differed from the others. It was the same for all of the major guilds. She paid attention for inspiration and to make sure no one could say they were being copied, but the Wondercolts hadn't change styles in a while.

"Well, I will see what I can hunt down,” Diemond said. “I'll talk to my crafting friends. But, while we are here, can I talk about me getting a cart to sell the extra outfits I've made to either build my skill level or made out of boredom? If I'm not fighting, I have to be doing something. And that usually means designing."

"How many outfits?" Bladescape cautiously asked. "As in, how many do you actually want to move?"

"Oh, I'm sitting on about eighty...dozen?"

All three of them gasped.

"That is the just the outfits. I have armor and jewelry as well."

"Then we will hold it here in the guild hall," Bladescape said, recovering first. "We will post guards on the side doors, but make it a big event. Probably the whole weekend. We can post it in the paper, pin up fliers, and spread the word the old-fashioned way, ear to ear."

"We could provide vittles for those lookin' through everything!" Backbreaker added.

Knightstar nodded, “we could stay open late for the regular shop owners, so they don't have to close down their shops early. And sell things at prices designed to move them."

"I can see the ad now," Diemond declared. "Front page, a perfect picture of me, with the following below it."


DIEMOND'S DAZZLING BLOW OUT CLOTHING SALE! Look your best outside your best! Wondercolts HQ, Floor 35, Mishe. March 22-24!

Wondercolts' Designer Diemond is selling all the fabulous clothes she made to level up her tailoring! Each piece is unique and special. Both Guys and Girls! Find what will make you feel like THE prince or princess of Aincrad!

Blow out sale prices to free up shelf space! Top of the line styles from an up and coming designer I.R.L.

ARMOR! All types are also for sale! Lower level and medium level quality gear for extra low prices!

CUPCAKES! AFCK, the peppiest master baker in Aincrad, will ensure there are plenty of cupcakes and pastries available to taste while you browse! Snack like a Wondercolt!

Enhancing Jewelry and Rings available too!

Own a store? Don't worry about closing early, Friday and Saturday night we will stay open late for you!

Friday: 4pm-10pm

Saturday: 8am-10pm

Sunday: 8am-6pm

Come up or down and check it out. We have something with your name on it! The question is, will you come and find it? Prices may be negotiable!


Knightstar, Bladescape, and Backbreaker were chuckling.

"I'll never not be shocked at your ability to think on your toes like that," Backbreaker said. "Like a true fashionista!"

"That's the easy part, Darling," Diemond said as she waved it off. “Making this into a store will be the hard part. We will need changing rooms too."

"Doombunny and Colorra can guard the bathrooms," Knightstar said. "Alongside Kiefer, they can make sure players can use our bathroom facilities while not going upstairs. The other side can be guarded by Astro and Thunder. Neither of them will be any particular help for sales anyway. Joltron and BB can be the front guards and welcome committee. I'll watch over armor and jewelry. Blade can be security to make sure no one has sticky fingers. Lessa can assist you Diemond, and AFCK will be busy baking."

"That sounds reasonable," Backbreaker said.

"I suppose I can balance it all," Diemond said. "It will be a tough weekend for us all. At least a good amount of mental stress."

"We can handle it," Bladescape confidently said.

Bladescape pulled up her menu. She messaged the guild so they could all assemble. It didn't take them long to come from wherever they were inside the guild HQ. Knightstar explained the plan and they were all enthusiastic about it. They were ready to play their roles. AFCK wouldn't stop bouncing at the idea of providing food for all of the customers.

Bladescape (SS): Lvl 78 – Two-Handed SwordSearchWeapon DefenseLeather Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Sprint – Acrobatics – Blade Throwing – Extended Weight Carry
Knightstar (TS): Lvl 68 – One-Handed SwordShieldEquipment AppraisalParry – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Search – Armor Pierce
Thunderborne (RBD): Lvl 71 – RapierSprintAcrobaticsArmor Pierce – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Leather Armor – Weapon Defense – Extended Weight Carry – Search
Backbreaker (AJ): Lvl 74 – Heavy ShieldOne-Handed War HammerExtended Weight CarryHeavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Fishing – Search – Martial Arts – Acrobatics
AFCK (PP): Lvl 71 – Two-Handed AxeParryCookingWeapon DefenseMartial Arts – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Thrown Weapon – Musical Instrument
Diemond (R): Lvl 71 – Heavy Shield – Mace – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Heavy Metal Armor – TailoringLight Metal Armor ForgingHeavy Metal Armor Forging – Jewelry Making – Extended Weight Carry
Doombunny (FS): Lvl 68 – One-Handed Dagger – First Aid – HideSearchListening – Battle Regeneration – Fighting Spirit – Familiar Communication (Colorra) – Drug Mixing – Reveal
Astro (PS): Lvl 71 – Two-Handed Spear - Purchase Negotiation – Armor Pierce – Acrobatics – First Aid – Light Metal Armor – Battle Regeneration – Weapon Defense – Parry – Extended Wight Carry
Kiefer: Lvl 68 – One-Handed Curved Blade – Parry – Weapon Defense – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Light Metal Armor – Slash Weapon Forging – Katana – Martial Arts
Lessa: Lvl 68 – One-Handed Sword – Shield – Light Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Equipment Repair – Metal Equipment Repairing – Armor Pierce – Search
Joltron: Lvl 72 – One handed Axe – Heavy Shield – Heavy Metal Armor – First Aid – Battle Regeneration – Metal Refining – Blunt Weapon Forging – One Handed Weapon Creation – Two Handed Weapon Creation – Extended Weight Carry

PreviousChapters Next