• Published 10th Mar 2019
  • 5,417 Views, 305 Comments

Along Came an Arachne - Scarheart



Rachnera Arachnera is sent to Equestria by a demoness. She now seeks a way home and won't let anything stand in her way. Even if it's a hive of changelings trying to take over a small town inhabited by ponies.

Comments ( 30 )

wow just wow perfect twist lmao

Aw she's precious! And things suddenly make sense, what with her mother being the way she is, I'm not surprised the rank and file just did whatever she told them to. There's going to be trouble over this, but the kind of trouble that may lead to good things.

Given she is a Changeling, we can call her public secret identity

Cozy Flow? :unsuresweetie:

Man, I just got done reading the Arachne chapter in Diaries and then this suddenly pops into existence.

I wonder if all her court were on the young side.

Definitely NOT what I was expecting... Although it does fit together in an odd way.

Atalanta is so dang cute! Looking forward to more.

Aw! Who's an adorable little Atalanta? You are! You are! :rainbowkiss:

I feel bad for Atalanta! She just want's to play with her new pony friends.

Ah hah, ha ha ha ha!:rainbowlaugh:

THAT is funny!

I like that the kidnapping and hypnosis hasn't changed Peggy's view of Sunrise.

Bow before your most adorable Changeling Princess! :ajsmug:

This was very much an unexpected twist. Bravo.

Momma Chrysalis will be sooooo pissed because the secret that she escaped her prison and rebuild her hive is now out.

Atlanta is now a political otage. That going to end well I just know it! Stay positive.

The letter from Celestia was also a big surprise I did not expect. But if the devil who sent Rachnera here could do it, it seems logical that it could have happened before. This seems like the author is taking the easy way out but it doesn't mean that it will be easy for Rachnera to reach the capital. Many things can prevent it and even more things can happen along the way.

Is Atalanta a reference to another old changeling fic, if I recall? Or the Greek myth? Anyway, that was a delightfully unexpected reveal. We have here either a young changeling princess cast out to start on her own, or said princess merely being a spoiled child with no real understanding of her actions or the consequences that they will bring. I'm also wondering if the reference to previous liminals is a sort of soft crossover to the Daily Life fic. Anyway, looking forward to more!

Edit: I just realized she is actually your character! Heh. I mean it has been a while, in my defense.

Well, that was creepily adorable. I mean, she just wanted friends but that doesn't change the fact she was abducting and mind controlling others... I'm curious about how the foals and Peggy will react once the mind control wears off. Is it confirmed that ponies can remember what happened to them while being controlled?

9632913
Wrong time period. This is before the events of the show.

I should've guessed this was how this chapter -- and story -- was headed. The way the captured changeling completely caved in to light implications of torture indicated he was either completely incompetent or inexperienced.

It's curious that the changeling was more afraid of Lucifer than Rachnera.

The definition of stress and frustration is a lot of anger and aggression short-circuited with nowhere to go. Rachnera's code of ethics -- and that of the ponies, I'd suspect -- would prevent them from taking drastic measures against Atalanta and her crew.

The central question still remains, though. What, or who, brought the liminal to Equestria in the first place, and why?

I'm hoping for one more song-and-dance before everything's said and done.

9633802
Mommy is going to be very angry.:moustache:

9632948
Atalanta is always the name I use for a daughter of Chrysalis in my stories. It is actually a word for a species of butterfly. I wanted something other than, oh, say "Thorax" or "Pupa".

ahahahahahaha

well thats ONE way to end all this! Bravo

Ahead of her was Winter and Sunrise

were

I feel a little bad that she's going to Canterlot soon. Poor Random who will he talk to now. Also he doesn't know it yet but he's pretty "lucky" for his age *nod* the git :rainbowlaugh: All caught up with the story "which is always a bittersweet thing" looking forward to more :)

Well,... that happened. Didn't see that coming.

And I finally caught up to the story

9634703

Nice naming and explanation!

Very unexpected!

So, you're playing in a Near-Canon Universe, oh, this'll be FUN! :pinkiehappy:

Sunset having high chances of appearing! OooH!

----

Typo:

Dutchess > Duchess

So, um, more pls? Please boss.

Glad I finally got a chance to read this one. Fun story so far, I hope we can get more of it someday.

Such a great story, sad it died prematurely.

Login or register to comment