• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,951 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,951

PreviousChapters Next
242. Being Here Is Enough

Twilight was still lying on the same hill well after the moon rose into the sky. Apparently in Equestria ponies believed that Celestia and Luna rose the sun and moon, and Twilight wondered if that was true. She didn’t like the implication that the entire world’s ecosystem relied that heavily on specifically ponies.

If Twilight tried hard enough, could she raise the sun? Probably, actually. Magic was pretty powerful and could do a lot of amazing things.

Twilight sat up and curled into a ball, her back against a big tree. She felt bad about how she just ghosted her friends, but the thought of going back to them right now and having to apologize made her sick. She said she wanted to be alone, and that was true, but she also wanted someone to tell her that things were gonna be okay, and that she wasn’t crazy or anything for feeling the way she felt.

As if on cue, Twilight heard hoofsteps traipsing through the grass up her hill, and as she looked over she saw Fluttershy climbing up, waving at Twilight with a gentle smile on her face, and Twilight waved back awkwardly.

Fluttershy took a few timid steps closer and pointed at the ground next to Twilight, cocking her head. Twilight nodded and scooched over a bit, patting the ground next to her so Fluttershy would feel welcomed to sit down.

Fluttershy twitched her wings and slowly outstretched one, Twilight giving a half-hearted chuckle and nodding, allowing Fluttershy to feel comfortable stretching her wing across Twilight’s back. Twilight scooched a little closer so Fluttershy could wrap the wing all the way around her.

Twilight sighed. She still didn’t feel great, but she felt a little bit better with Fluttershy nearby, she supposed. She looked over at Fluttershy and couldn’t help but giggle; Fluttershy was smiling at her and she had the cutest little dimples.

Fluttershy gave a coy smirk and lifted her hand, wiggling her fingers and making Twilight laugh. Twilight folded her legs under her and put her hand on her thigh, Fluttershy placing hers on top of Twilight’s.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Fluttershy asked sweetly. Twilight shook her head.

“I really don’t,” Twilight said, “I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize to me,” Fluttershy gently squeezed Twilight’s hand. “Believe me, I understand. If you ever do wanna talk, I’m here.”

“Thank you,” Twilight sighed, and when Fluttershy put her arm around Twilight, she melted into Fluttershy’s embrace, wrapping her up in a tender hug. “Just you being here is enough.”

Author's Note:

i believe this is the shortest chapter i've ever published, but i'm really happy with how it came out

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next