• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,957 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,957

PreviousChapters Next
232. Whose Feelings Are Actually Important

Fluttershy was freaking CUTE OKAY??

The way she walked all dainty like, her tail kinda swooshing behind her, her wings did this cute little fidgety thing when she got excited or nervous— which was like all the time— her hair was like??? INCREDIBLE; just hair for DAYS and every strand of it was amazing and beautiful.

Rainbow was looking at her as the two walked down a mostly empty backstreet in Canterlot’s Sun District, and Rainbow just couldn’t help noticing all these little details about Fluttershy that were just too endearing and then it suddenly dawned on Rainbow that oh yeah, she’s GAY.

Fluttershy’s hand was right there, dangling at her side as she walked along with a spring in her step and a smile on her face. And Rainbow’s hand was right there, twitching anxiously at her side as the thought of holding Fluttershy’s hand and feeling her soft fur against Rainbow’s made her brain spark and fizzle and short circuit and all those other words that meant gay overload.

Rainbow inched her hand closer but then she stopped cuz she was like ‘oh maybe I should ask first, but if I ask her and she’s like ew no I’m gonna be totally embarrassed but that doesn’t mean I should just touch her hand without asking so maybe instead I should just forget about the whole—

“Oof!” Rainbow said as smacked into something and stumbled back, Fluttershy gasping in concern. Rainbow had half a mind to put her fist through whatever suddenly blocked her path, or at least yell some choice words, until she looked up and realized she bumped into Spitfire cuz she was watching Fluttershy’s hand and not the street in front of her face.

“Hey, Dash,” Spitfire chuckled. “Fancy bumping into you here.”

“S-sorry,” Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck and smiled awkwardly. Rainbow hadn't seen or spoken to Spitfire in the admittedly short amount of time since she’d had been excommunicated from the Slayers, so she wasn’t sure what kinda tact to take with her. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“That’s okay,” Spitfire laughed and put her hand on Rainbow’s shoulder. “I could tell you weren’t paying attention so I walked in front of you cuz I thought it’d be funny. It was!”

“Oh, okay,” Rainbow scoffed and rolled her eyes. Spitfire wasn’t acting that different, but Rainbow was still uneasy… especially with Fluttershy present.

And one glance at Flutters clued Rainbow it that it’d be better to get her out of this potential conversation asap; Rainbow wasn’t great at reading a mood, but she knew an awkward ‘I don’t want to be here’ smile and a cold sweat when she saw ‘em.

“Uh, well, anyway,” Rainbow said awkwardly, grabbing Fluttershy’s hand and y’know it almost felt like a mean joke that she was doing it now under these stressful circumstances instead of earlier under gay circumstances. “Would love to catch up, but we’d better be go—”

“Suck any good dragon dicks lately, Dash?”

Spitfire stood with her arms crossed, an ever so slightly smug grin on her face.

So that’s how it was gonna be, huh? Well if Spitfire wanted a fight so bad, she…

…could go to someone else, cuz Rainbow had Fluttershy to consider first and foremost.

“Uh-huh, yeah,” Rainbow nodded and turned away, Fluttershy quickly walking alongside her. “See ya around, I guess.”

“What, you’re just gonna walk away?” Spitfire scoffed.

“Yep!” Rainbow replied without looking back.

“What I don’t understand,” Spitfire growled as she zipped past Rainbow and stood in front of her, blocking her path as Rainbow stood defensively in front of Fluttershy, “is how you of all ponies could suddenly decide to start being a dragon fucker.”

“Little thing called empathy,” Rainbow said flatly. “Ever heard of it?”

“Empathy?” Spitfire said in disgust. “For those mon—”

“Shut up, Spitfire,” Rainbow said and shoved her former colleague out of her way. “I don’t have the patience for this garbage.” Rainbow turned back or just a sec to glare Spitfire in the eye. “If you got some shit to say to me, then say it. But I’m not interested in hearing your woe-is-me crap that you think makes it okay to just kill people.”

People?” Spitfire balked. “Dragons aren’t—”

“Hey,” Fluttershy said coldly, sending a chilling stare at Spitfire that not only silenced her instantly, but made a shiver run up Rainbow’s spine as well. “Rainbow said she’s not interested.”

“Yeah!?” Spitfire yelled, tears wetting her eyes. “Well I wanna know why she thinks it’s okay to just turn her damn back on the Slayers! On Equestria!”

“I became a Slayer so I could protect people and do the right thing,” Rainbow explained, standing firm beside Fluttershy, their hands still clasped. “I realized the Slayers were wrong. Maybe you should consider it yourself sometime.”

Rainbow wanted to yell and shout and maybe even punch Spitfire with her fists. That’s what the heroic thing to do would’ve been, right? Make a big scene out of how brave Rainbow was for sticking up for her friends.

But she felt Fluttershy’s trembling hand, she saw Fluttershy’s intense glare, and also she just had a good idea what kinda person Fluttershy was, and the last thing Flutters needed was for Rainbow to start a brawl for ‘her’ sake.

And let’s be honest, it would’ve been more to sate Rainbow’s anger, her outrage, with no real regard for how Fluttershy felt at all.

So in this case, Rainbow just needed to take the L, as it were.

“That’s it then?!” Spitfire yelled as Rainbow and Fluttershy headed off. “You’re just gonna turn your back on us!? You’re a coward, Rainbow!”

She said some other stuff too, but Rainbow wasn’t listening. She tunnel-visioned until she was absolutely sure her and Fluttershy were far away from Spitfire, and that she wasn’t following them. They ended up near the bottom of the hills leading up into the mountains.

Rainbow wanted to collapse and starfish on the grass and give a big ol’ sigh of exhaustion, but again, she needed to remember whose feelings were actually important here.

“How ya holdin’ up?” Rainbow asked Fluttershy, gently caressing her hand with her thumb.

Fluttershy took in a deep breath.

“I’m alright,” she nodded and gave a shaky smile. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Rainbow shrugged. She felt that gnawing feeling to be like ‘ok cool now that your feelings have been dealt with, let’s focus on my feelings’ but she decided not to do that cuz she wasn’t an asshole! “What do you wanna do now?”

“Umm,” Fluttershy paused. She puffed up her cheeks and tapped her lips.

Rainbow felt a tingling sense of impatience creeping up into her brain, but she wasn’t about to give Fluttershy shit now so she just tapped her hoof against the grass and waited for Fluttershy to speak up.

“Let’s go back to the inn,” Fluttershy sighed. “I need to lay down for a bit.”

Author's Note:

fluttershy is cute and i'm gay and i wanna hold her hand

also i've used the word "fuck" twice in as many chapters, and while i generally prefer to save it as long as possible to give it the most impact, i just couldn't think of a term that had nearly the same venom as the term "dragon fucker" so here we are

anyhoo, i missed an update yesterday cuz i needed to deal with some personal stuff, but that's all taken care of now and we're back in business! >:3c

So! If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next