• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,949 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,949

PreviousChapters Next
136. The Dream

Rarity was shifting back and forth on her hooves at the dock near the Neighagra Falls Inn as she waited for the boat to arrive that would take her and Rainbow Dash to their destination for their sea serpent mission.

Mostly though, Rarity was trying to ignore Rainbow and Applejack as they were making out two feet from her.

“Try not to miss me too much,” Rainbow breathed heavily between kisses, her hooves not even touching the ground as Applejack held her in her big strong arms.

“The more I miss ya-” Applejack leaned in and planted yet another kiss on Rainbow’s lips, which Rainbow passionately returned and Rarity tried not to gag “-the more I’m gonna wanna kiss ya when ya get back.”

“Well in that case,” Rainbow giggled and squirmed out of Applejack’s embrace, gently floating to the ground and taking Applejack’s hand, planting a tender kiss on her knuckles, “be sure to miss me a whole lot.”

“I hope you won’t miss me too much, Rarity,” Applejack chuckled, and Rarity rolled her eyes.

“If I do miss you too much,” Rarity said with a salty smile, “will you give me a kiss upon my return?”

“Uh, well I—” Applejack stammered, and Rainbow just laughed and playfully punched Applejack in the gut.

“Well, AJ?” Rainbow grinned ear to ear. “Will you?”

“Wh—uh, hey yer boat’s here!” Applejack called out, and sure enough the boat was readily in sight, quickly making its way to the dock.

“C’mon, Jackie,” Rainbow laughed, holding onto Applejack’s hand and lightly swinging it back and forth. “I’m just teasin’ ya. You don’t gotta get all flustered.”

“’Jackie’?” Applejack asked, a coy smile on her lips— not that Rarity was looking longingly at Applejack’s lips or anything!

“Yeah!” Rainbow chirped, hopping up before quickly slouching and biting down on her thumbnail. “Do you like it? That’s the cute nickname I came up with for you.”

“I—I’m uh—” Applejack stammered again, her face turning as bright red as her family’s namesake. “I’m gay.”

“I’ll take that as a yes!” Rainbow cheered, flying up to plant another smooch on her girlfriend’s lips.

“Come on, you useless lesbian,” Rarity sighed and dragged Rainbow Dash by her ear, Rainbow yelping in response. “We have a boat to catch.”

“Hey, I’ve officially graduated to useful lesbian, thank you very much!”



While the boat that Rarity and Rainbow would be travelling upriver on wasn’t a luxury yacht by any means, it was still large enough for the two Slayers to request their own private cabin, and a rather comfortable one at that, with a delightful view of the river and its early morning fog out the cozy circular window.

“So,” Rarity grinned at Rainbow Dash, who was quite clearly in dreamland thinking about her gf, “you’ve certainly gotten comfortable with Applejack in record time.”

“Y-yeah,” Rainbow chuckled. “Applejack just has this way of just-” Rainbow paused to bite her lip, and it took some considerable willpower for Rarity to stifle her giggle “-she makes you feel good. She makes you feel comfortable, I guess is the thing.”

“She certainly does,” Rarity sighed fondly, “it’s one of her finer features.” Rarity shot Rainbow a catlike grin. “Though her physique is certainly up there as well, isn’t it?”

Rainbow laughed very loudly and awkwardly and her face turned bright red.

“Y-yeah, I guess so!” Rainbow tugged at her shirt collar. “I mean, y’know, she looks pretty good. She’s an attractive gal. Yeah, she’s pretty attractive. I definitely think about her body a normal amount!”

“Well I’m so happy for you, darling,” Rarity sighed, and gave Rainbow a genuine smile. “All that time spent pining ended up being worth it. Good for you.”

“You’re not jealous, are you?” Rainbow smirked. “Of me dating Applejack?”

“Heavens no,” Rarity lied, batting Rainbow’s absurd sentiment away with a wave of her hand. She was jealous, of course, though less of Rainbow dating Applejack and more that they were dating at all, given everything that had happened with Rarity’s potential love life.

She honestly had no desire or inclination to kiss Rainbow Dash or Applejack.

Unless?

No, no she certainly had no such desire. Don’t be ridiculous.

“Applejack and I would never get along like that,” Rarity said, and she hadn't realized that several minutes had passed since the last time she spoke until Rainbow snapped to attention looking somewhat dazed.

Rarity was flustered by letting her inner thoughts leak out of her mouth like that, but she pressed forward regardless.

“Applejack and I are good friends, but we would simply never work together as a romantic couple,” Rarity continued, harrumphing for good measure.

“Oh yeah?” Rainbow gave a devilish little smirk that Rarity had half a mind to smack right off her mouth. “How do ya figure? Have you given it a lot of thought?”

NO!” Rarity said smarmily, sticking her tongue out. “I just—you know, we’re very different. Her and I. We would never…”

Rarity drifted off and started thinking about Applejack—kind, supportive, strong Applejack.

Rarity shook her head rapidly to get those thoughts out of her mind.

“If I’m being entirely, shamefully honest,” Rarity sighed, curling into a ball and holding her legs tightly in front of her, “I am jealous. Or rather, I’m lonely. I hadn't realized until quite recently just how much I desire a romantic relationship in my life, and now that my hopes have been—”

Rarity scrunched up her nose and tried to blink away the tears forming in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Rarity,” Rainbow said, her ears drooping down.

“No, no please don’t be sorry!” Rarity exclaimed, reaching her hand out to Rainbow Dash. “It’s not your fault, and the last thing I want is for you to feel like your relationship is making me feel bad.”

“Oh, no that’s not what I meant,” Rainbow said, looking confusedly at Rarity. “I didn’t even think about that, cuz yeah like if you seeing me and Applejack makes you feel bad, that’s kinda on you.”

“Uh, cool. Thanks,” Rarity said, her cheeks turning bright red as she melted into the back of her seat.

“Though I guess maybe making out right in front of you might not be—”

“Like I said,” Rarity cleared her throat awkwardly, “don’t worry about that. My feelings have nothing to do with you or Applejack.”

“Still, we could be a little considerate, I guess,” Rainbow puffed up her cheeks. “And hey, if you ever wanna make out with me or Applejack, we’re both game.”

WHAT?!” Rarity screeched, jumping up onto her seat and hitting her head on the ceiling. “You can’t just—” Rarity rubbed her bonked noggin and sat back down, attempting to compose herself. “You can’t just say things like that, Rainbow Dash!”

“What’s the problem?” Rainbow cocked her head, and Rarity had to do a double take at her absolute lack of common sense. “Like, I’m not saying that me or Applejack could fill the void of where, uh, y’know… she used to be. But if you’re ever feeling like you just kinda need to be with someone, you could hook up with me or AJ for a bit.”

“Have you— have you talked about this with Applejack?” Rarity asked cautiously, and she honestly couldn’t believe she was taking Rainbow’s offer even remotely seriously right now. “Often?”

“It’s come up a couple times,” Rainbow said. “Monogamy makes me itchy. Like, I have no problem being committed to Applejack— and I am, one thousand percent! But the idea of being committed to just her makes me break out in hives. And we’ve talked about, like, if either one of us wanted to date any of the gals in our little friend group, we’re both down with that.

“Plus, being with AJ has really shown me how powerful just the feeling of touching and kissing another girl can be. I’m kinda interested in getting down with some casual hookups, and yeah me and Jackie have talked about that too.

“How about you?” Rainbow asked. “Have you thought about it at all? Polyamory, open relationships, casual hookups, any of that?”

“I haven’t, to be quite honest,” Rarity hummed, tapping her cheek with her finger. “It’s hard enough to imagine being able to hold onto even one relationship like that, let alone several.”

Rarity sighed, and a slight smile crept onto her lips.

“It is the dream though, isn’t it?” Rarity said wistfully. “Being so deeply in love that you can share that love among multiple partners? I admit, I find myself rather infatuated with the idea if I allow myself to think about it for a moment.”

“Which means you don’t let yourself think about it,” Rainbow snarked, “am I right?”

“I wish you weren’t,” Rarity huffed.

“You’re right though,” Rainbow beamed, “it is the dream! At least in theory. Obviously I’m still getting used to just dating Applejack, but the idea of being in love with more girls? Sounds pretty good. Dang I wish me and Applejack had another girlfriend already!”

“My my, aren’t we the hasty one!” Rarity laughed, and Rainbow laughed alongside her before hopping over from her side of the cabin to sit next to Rarity, Rarity placing her hand gently on Rainbow’s once she was situated. “There is something I’ve thought about though, or at least it’s crossed my mind from time to time.”

“What’s that?” Rainbow asked cluelessly, causing Rarity to giggle.

“Us,” Rarity said, trying to look Rainbow in the eye but finding herself oddly flustered and looking away, though her hand remained firmly atop Rainbow’s. “You and I, in a—ahem, in a relationship together. Romantically.

“It’s not something I’ve seriously considered, mind you!” Rarity quickly said, holding her other hand out and blushing furiously. “Just, you know, we spend so much time together. It’s crossed my mind a couple of times… like, ‘it wouldn’t be so bad, would it?’, that kind of thing.”

“So would it?” Rainbow asked, and Rarity snapped her head around to look at Rainbow, whose cheeks were bright red and Rarity couldn’t detect a hint of irony in her voice, and Rarity was suddenly incredibly conscious of her fingers intertwined with Rainbow’s.

“Uh, I don’t know,” Rarity said, her other arm moving as if by its own will to place itself on Rainbow’s thigh. “I haven’t-” Rarity let out a quick exhale—was it getting warm in here or was it just her? “-I haven’t considered it too seriously, like I said.”

“Right, yeah,” Rainbow said breathlessly, and Rarity could swear their faces were inching closer to each other. “I haven’t, uh— I mean, I’ve definitely thought about it a little, but not too much. You always seemed-” Rainbow exhaled a hot breath through her nose and Rarity could feel it on her skin “-out of my league.”

“Well,” Rarity’s heart was pounding in her chest as she could practically feel Rainbow’s lips on hers, “I wouldn’t say that.”

Near silence, the only sound in Rarity’s ears were her own heartbeat and both ponies’ breathing. Their noses were practically touching, and their lips were tantalizingly close. It would only take a brief, gentle movement to connect them.

Is that what Rarity wanted? Is that what Rainbow Dash wanted?

Neither pony moved. They looked into each other’s eyes but Rarity felt almost as if they were staring through each other. Rarity could barely focus on Rainbow’s perfect and vivid violet eyes between the roar of her heart and the pace of her breath.

Rarity bit her lip.

She pulled back.

Her fingers clenched around Rainbow’s.

Rainbow put her hand atop Rarity’s, then slid it underneath Rarity’s hand, pulling it gently up to Rainbow’s lips where she planted a gentle kiss on Rarity’s knuckles.

“I’m not sure what I want,” Rarity said, the words coming unbidden from her lips that felt so dry.

“Me neither,” Rainbow said, her voice raspy and choked like she hadn't had water in days. “I mean, I want whatever you want, Rare.”

“Do you honestly feel about me,” Rarity choked on her words, “that way?”

“I dunno,” Rainbow said, anxiously tracing her fingers along Rarity’s hand. “I’m not even sure what ‘that way’ means to me. Being with Applejack I realized, like, I feel about her the same way I feel about you, about Pinkie Pie, and even about Twilight. I love all of you. I dunno what that means, but I know I feel it in my heart, and even in my bones.”

“I love you too,” Rarity said softly, taking both her hands away from Rainbow’s and placing them on Rainbow’s cheeks which felt so warm. “I love you too. I don’t know if I love you in that way, but I love you dearly. But I do know that the last thing I want is for you to be my rebound.”

“I don’t mind if that’s what I am,” Rainbow said, “for what that’s worth.”

Suddenly Rarity knew exactly what she wanted.

She put her hands on her own thighs, turning her head away from Rainbow.

“Thank you,” Rarity said.

She wanted Twilight.

“I appreciate your kindness, Rainbow Dash.”

But she wanted Rainbow Dash too.

“No problem, Rarity,” Rainbow smiled, and if there was any hint of bitterness in it, Rarity couldn’t see it, though she was looking for it desperately.

Rarity bit her thumbnail.

She knew exactly what she wanted. But she refused to allow herself to reach for it.

Author's Note:

ladies is it gay to *looks back at chapter*
oh yea it's definitely gay

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next