• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,957 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,957

PreviousChapters Next
167. Exposure Therapy

Rainbow Dash was terrified of dragons.

It was a thing about her that defined a lot of her life, ever since a dragon tore the roof right off her house and left her as the last living member of her family when she was barely old enough to understand what was happening.

It was a fear that defined her experiences as a Slayer; always looking forward to that inevitable time where she would take revenge on dragons for what they did to her, and always chickening out when that time came.

But when she saw Applejack being attacked by that dragon Trixie, it was like? What else could Rainbow do but step in and do something?! All her fear didn’t amount to squat when her girlfriend’s life was at stake.

And after all, Rainbow’d been training for this exact kind of encounter for years, she had equipment specifically made to deal with dragons!

And she actually did it! She managed to save Applejack, and even got to bridal carry her for a sec, which was pretty cool!

Rainbow was proud of herself. Even if she spent the whole fight shaking, she was proud of herself for fighting at all.

She was still terrified, but she wouldn’t let her fear stop her from doing the right thing.

Granted, absolutely not a goddamn thing could’ve prepared her for the sensation of being eaten by a dragon.

Rainbow had gotten wrapped up in Trixie’s tail while trying to help Twilight, and Rainbow wasn’t sure what she or Twilight could do to free her, but Twilight taking a bite out of Trixie’s tail and devouring Rainbow along with it was SO NOT WHAT SHE HAD IN MIND.

So now Rainbow was sitting on the tongue of a dragon, a cage of sharp fangs surrounding her as she sat inside Twilight’s mouth, unsure if Twilight had just forgotten about her or if this was all part of Twilight’s plan to kill—

No, no that was absurd.

Rainbow might’ve been scared— she might even have been literally shaking with panic as she sat inside the mouth of a dragon— but she wouldn’t let her trust in Twilight waver.

But as the minutes dragged on, and Twilight made no indication of trying to digest Rainbow or free her, or even acknowledge that she was there, Rainbow found her shakes getting less… shaky.

She was curled into a ball in the center of Twilight’s tongue, wings ready to flare up and take her into the air at any second just in case Twilight tried to swallow her. But then she placed her hand upon Twilight’s tongue, and it struck her as so surreal.

That really was Twilight’s tongue. It wasn’t some alien geometry or hostile beast. It was the tongue that her friend used to speak, and to lick her lips, and that she stuck out whenever she was teasing. She’d seen it countless times and now she was sitting on it and it was so weird.

Rainbow looked around at the cage of teeth surrounding her. Those were Twilight’s teeth. The teeth she used to smile that big dork smile, the fangs that Rainbow thought were so attractive when Twilight bared them confidently, the teeth that Twilight used to destroy hayburgers in such a destructive fashion that Rarity couldn’t stop talking about how ‘uncouth’ it was like a day later.

This wasn’t the mouth of a hostile, terrifying dragon. It was Twilight. And that was so surreal to think about.

Rainbow stood up. She found balancing on Twilight’s tongue a lot easier than she thought it’d be. She put a hand on one of Twilight’s fangs and a curious sound echoed through the space, Rainbow flitting into the air in a panic.

It was like a dull roar echoing through the halls of the room, but when Rainbow remembered where she was, she was able to place the sound.

It was Twilight going “Eh?” like she does.

Rainbow laughed under her breath and, still flying just in case, knocked her knuckles on the back of Twilight’s teeth.

Another croak echoed through the halls of Twilight’s mouth, before a gasp that threatened to suck Rainbow down the dark tunnel of Twilight’s throat if it wasn’t for Rainbow’s mastery of controlling herself in the air.

But then the cage of teeth separated and revealed the golden hues of sunset pouring into Twilight’s mouth. Twilight’s tongue hung out of her mouth and she released a worried chirp, and Rainbow considered for like half a sec teasing Twilight by pretending to be swallowed, but she decided it wouldn’t be right to make her friend worry for a stupid joke, so she flew out of Twi’s mouth and landed on the tip of her nose.

“Hey, girl,” Rainbow said casually, sitting comfortably on Twilight’s nose and looking up at her friend’s massive glittering eyes.

“Rainbow oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Twilight said, putting her hands on her face and nearly crushing Rainbow underneath her claws, but Rainbow flew up before that happened. “Ack! I’m sorry again! I totally forgot you were in there! Well I didn’t forget exactly, I just, my brain kinda, I—”

“Chillax, Twilight,” Rainbow chuckled and landed on top of Twilight’s head, flicking at the tip of Twi’s ear and laughing at how it kinda sproinged back into place. “Everything worked out! How are you feeling?”

“Tired,” Twilight sighed and flumped onto the ground, shaking the trees of the forest surrounding them on every side. “I didn’t go into magic exhaustion territory or anything, but I feel like I came pretty close.”

“Damn,” Rainbow said. “Magic exhaustion creeps up on ya fast, huh?”

“The transformation spell takes a lot of energy,” Twilight hummed. “Turning it on and off and on again like I did, along with all the barriers and mass teleportation and everything? And being separated from the library means I’m not only weaker than normal, but I haven’t quite gotten used to being weaker than normal… eh, it’s a whole thing.”

“Sorry I wasn’t more help,” Rainbow sighed as she floated down onto Twilight’s nose and gave the dragon a sympathetic pet.

“What are you talking about?” Twilight laughed softly. “You were amazing. If it weren’t for you, Applejack and Pinkie would’ve been in big trouble.”

“Still,” Rainbow shrugged. She couldn’t argue with Twilight, but she didn’t have to like that. “I hate that you got beat up like this.”

“This isn’t beat up,” Twilight snarked.

“You know what I mean!” Rainbow jumped onto the ground and threw her fists down as she stared up at Twilight, her face turning all red cuz she was getting flustered.

“I don’t!” Twilight laughed. “You need to say what you mean!”

“I mean I love you!” Rainbow screamed. “And I hate that you got hurt, or even just like exhausted or whatever! Seeing you not feeling good sucks! And I’m not even talking about this encounter with what’s-her-name! I’m talking about all of it! Rarity, and whatever happened that made you flee the Dragon Lands in the first place! It all sucks!”

Rainbow breathed heavily, her chest heaving in and out as Twilight stared right through her in silence. Rainbow wasn’t sure if her face was blood red or ghostly pale but honestly who even cared at this point.

“I hate that I wasn’t able to protect you,” Rainbow let the truth fall out of her mouth like a coin dropped into a wishing well.

“You love me?” Twilight said weakly, her voice cracking. “Even like… like this?” Twilight sat up and placed a hand over her heart, half-unfolding her wings.

“Yeah,” Rainbow nodded. “Without a doubt. Seeing you like this, seeing the real you, it’s like… like I feel like such a doofus for ever being afraid.

“You’re not some monster or beast like I was always led to believe dragons were. You’re Twilight Sparkle, my amazing, cool, super hot, beautiful, dorky friend.”

Twilight blinked. Rainbow paced back and forth and was like ‘hey maybe you shouldn’t have spilled your wholeass guts like that you stupi—

“You think I’m super hot?” Twilight smiled ear to ear, and Rainbow’s entire face turned red.

Now would’ve been a really good time to backpedal and try to get the hoof out of Rainbow’s mouth.

But it would’ve been an even better time to double down on the truth and gush about how hot Twilight was.

“Of course!” Rainbow shouted, and she flew up to Twilight’s forearm and put her hands on it. “Look at these buff arms? Like holy crap! And your scales are so soft and slick, like what’s that about?! And your chest is like? Woah! And your wings are like? HECK! And your smile is just? Like? WHAT! Y’know what I mean? And don’t even get me started on those fangies!

Rainbow zipped about Twilight’s body, gesticulating frantically about each and every thing she found attractive about Twilight, and when she was done and standing on the grass in front of Twi, the dragon had the biggest goofy smile on her face, her cheeks and the bridge of her nose tinted a cute shade of pink.

“Holy crap,” Twilight giggled, her laughter turning into a snort and she quickly put her hand over her mouth to cover herself. Twilight laughed and trotted smugly a few steps. “I guess I am pretty easy on the eyes, huh?”

“You are one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen,” Rainbow said, her brain not even bothering to double-check her words as she was just so comfortable being in that moment with Twilight.

Rainbow flew up and sat down on Twilight’s snoot, getting lost in Twilight’s beautiful glittering eyes.

“I guess there was nothin’ to worry about, huh?” Rainbow said.

“There hardly ever is,” Twilight chuckled.

Author's Note:

don't try exposure therapy at home, it's actually very unsafe

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next