• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,951 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,951

PreviousChapters Next
255. Rainbow's Gay But She's Not THAT Gay (or is she? yes she is, but it's still tough)

Rarity was so freaking slow, there was no way she was beating Rainbow Dash to the train station! Rainbow was practically like a mile ahead of Rarity as the station came into view, and the only way she was gonna be slowed down is if she looked back toward Rarity to gloat and then wasn’t watching where she was going and slammed into another pony.

But what were the odds of that happe—

“Oof!” Rainbow grunted as that happened, the two ponies toppling to the ground with Rainbow on top, pinning the other to the wooden station platform, which was empty as always so at least no one else saw Rainbow’s embarrassment. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was— oh!”

“It’s okay,” Cadance licked her lips, “the view’s not bad from down here.”

“C-Cadance!” Rainbow said bashfully, trying not to act like an excited puppy even as her ears perked up and her tail was wagging. “What’re you doing here?”

The loud gasping and panting of Rarity as she sweatily slogged across the finish line onto the station platform distracted Rainbow for a sec, and she couldn’t tell if Rarity was being melodramatic or if she was actually that lame. Either one was possible with her honestly.

“Why did I agree to a race with you?” Rarity sat down on the platform. “What was I thinking?”

“Hey, Rarity,” Cadance waved, still pinned beneath Rainbow until she yelped in realization and flew up and off of Cadance, who stood up with a giggle.

“Damn, am I interrupting?” Rarity said slyly. “Or is this something I can join in on?”

“Rarity!” Cadance cooed, hand over her chest. “So bold!”

“Sorry,” Rarity laughed awkwardly. “Polyamory has my brain acting funny, I didn’t think—”

“Rarity, I didn’t say ‘no’, did I?” Cadance smirked, Rarity’s eyes and smile widening and Rainbow poking her head into this situation.

“So anyway hey Cadance!” Rainbow said awkwardly, not really even meaning to interrupt on purpose but if she felt even a touch more gay, her heart was gonna explode or something probably. “What’re you doing here? Catching a train?”

“No,” Cadance shook her head and sighed, a steely glint flaring in her eyes as she looked Rainbow’s way. Whatever she was doing, it was something serious. “Just here to wish my gal pals good fortune.”

Cadance summoned a very familiar looking note with her magic into her hand, Rainbow suddenly understanding what was up.

“You got an invitation for this so-called ‘Pristine Army’ as well,” Rarity said, putting Rainbow’s thoughts into words better than she could herself. “But you’re not going?”

“I’m not,” Cadance sighed and tossed the letter aside, letting it blow away and disappear on the wind. “Celestia and I haven’t seen eye to eye as of late. I think if I took her up on her little invitation, it’d cause more problems for everyone, so. I’ll stay put.

“I’d be lying though,” Cadance said wistfully, holding her arms, “if I said I wasn’t flattered that she thought of me.”

Everyone seemed to be all about Celestia, which felt weird to Rainbow Dash. Maybe she was just biased. When she was a kid everyone talked about how cool Celestia was and Rainbow wanted people to talk about how cool she was!

And then she studied under Luna for an awful long time…

“Well, I respect your self-awareness, Cadance,” Rarity stood up and groaned as she stretched her limbs.

Classic Rarity, she groaned like an old lady whenever she had to exert herself, and yet she could more than keep up with monsters and ponies alike on the battlefield. It was such a weird like… what’s that overly complicated word Twilight likes? Jucks of positon? Whatever, it was weird but it was cool too, just like Rarity.

“And hey, who knows?” Cadance grinned and stepped chest to chest with Rarity, twirling a curl of Rarity’s deep amethyst hair around her little pink finger. She was only a head taller than Rarity, but the gulf between them must’ve felt massive in that moment. “Maybe once you get back, I can help you take a load off.”

“Oh, well,” Rarity blushed and stammered, but she couldn’t stop that thirsty grin from spreading across her face. Rainbow’s brain wasn’t sure how to react, but her body sure knew what to do (get hard). “Maybe I’ll take you up on that…”

Rainbow awkwardly cleared her throat.

“You wanna watch?” Cadance said seductively to Rainbow, whose wings flaring out instinctively.

“You’re welcome to join, also,” Rarity added with a sultry smile, and Rainbow legit couldn’t tell if Rarity was just messing with her or if she was serious.

The cutting sound of the train horn brought this conversation to a screeching halt, for better or for worse, and Rainbow breathed a sigh of relief under her breath.

If she was being completely honest, the thought of watching Cadance and Rarity going at it made her wanna nut so bad, but that was a pretty big damn ‘if’. Being honest wasn’t exactly Rainbow’s forte, especially when it came to honesty about her own feelings.

“Hey,” Cadance grabbed Rainbow by the shoulder and pulled her close, putting one hand on Rainbow’s shoulder and the other on her hip. “Knock ‘em dead, hotshot.”

Cadance planted a tender, passionate kiss on Rainbow’s lips, and she all but melted in Cadance’s embrace. She was trying to focus on the mission and not get too riled up, but for one blissful second she let herself get lost in the alicorn’s sweet scent and her soft lips, and the clicking sound of their lips parting.

“I can’t wait to see you when I get back,” Rainbow said, and it felt weird letting those words leave her lips. Cuz it was true! Hanging out with Cadance was so much fun, and she couldn’t wait to return to her.

“I can’t wait to kiss you when you get back,” Cadance teased, kissing Rainbow again.

“Yeah, well I can’t wait to f—” Rainbow stopped short and bit her lip. She paused for an awful long time, and when it became clear she had nothing, Cadance giggled.

“It’s okay,” she said. “You have plenty of time to think about what you want to do to me. I know I’ll be thinking about you.”

“Cool!” Rainbow’s voice cracked, and Cadance laughed and planted her head against Rainbow’s shoulder, before giving her another kiss. “I like you a lot.”

“I like you too,” Cadance hummed, giving Rainbow one last kiss, for real the last one this time. “Come back safe.”

“I will,” Rainbow beamed, nodding confidently. “I promise!”

Author's Note:

i like cadance alot. i'm having way more fun with her than i thought i would. im luv

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next