• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,951 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,951

PreviousChapters Next
275. Through the Water and Waves

Rainbow Dash stood on the shore of Luna Bay as a bunch of the villagers from Seaward Shores came to see her off. Well, okay not really her, though several of the villagers did personally thank her and wish her well, and that made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

But the real stars of the show were Autumn Blaze and Rain Shine, especially the latter who’d been living here for a little bit now and had really nestled herself into the community. She was leaving cuz she couldn’t simply sit idly by as the Pristine Army prepared to tear her communities apart, and a lot of the villagers were heartbroken to see her go.

“I’ll be back,” the serpentine dragon said softly and comfortingly to the sea of ponies gathered around her to hug her and shake her hand. “I won’t abandon my home, but I need to take action to protect my people.”

“Give ‘em hell, Rain Shine,” one villager said with a gleaming smile, raising her fist in the air for Rain Shine to pound hers against with a tiny giggle.

“I promise I will,” Rain Shine bowed her head and then stood up to her full majestic height, turning to Rarity and Rainbow Dash. “Are we ready to leave?”

“Hm?” Rarity asked, having been lost in thought for a sec. “Oh, yes. I’m ready to go whenever you are.”

“Then let’s not delay,” Rain Shine nodded, picking up Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and even the still-in-pony-form Autumn Blaze and putting them on her back, before casting a spell that covered the four in a protective bubble and slipping into the water.

It was wild rushing through the Luna Bay underwater on the back of a dragon. It was amazing! But still like, a lot to take in. Rain Shine moved fast too, so there was hardly time to appreciate the weird and cool sights of being underwater, but Rainbow made a mental note that she’d have to come back here sometime cuz there was just way too much cool stuff for her to just zip by it one time and have that be the end of it.

The trip honestly didn’t take a whole lot of time. Rain Shine zapped through the Luna Bay, the Capricorn Reef, and even the Foalorado River in like record time, but it felt like an eternity cuz the whole trip was taken in deadly silence, with only the sounds of the rushing water all around for company.

It was just as well though, Rainbow supposed. Rarity was obviously super deep in thought; she’d been through a lot and was probably trying to deal with it, which Rainbow could respect. It probably beat her own tactic of completely ignoring it and just kinda pretending it didn’t happen.

Iron wagon? Haha what iron wagon, Rainbow had never seen anything like that in her life. She didn’t even know what a cinder block was.

Oof.

After departing the river, there was still a little bit of travel left to go, so Rain Shine turned herself and the others invisible—which was freaking metal, by the way—and took to the skies, flying over Equestria from a further distance than Rainbow had ever seen it.

She wished she had more opportunities to see Equestria from the sky. She wished everyone had the chance to see it like this. Everything felt so far away and so small, and Rainbow became intimately aware that she too was just a tiny fragment of this giant puzzle.

It took a lot of puzzle pieces to make a picture, and Rainbow was determined to find a way to make Equestria’s picture a much nicer one.

By the time Rain Shine stepped onto the platform of the Crystal Empire train station, Rainbow Dash was ready to explode she was so fidgety, so she jumped off immediately and stretched her arms over her head with a big groan.

“Geez, that was agony!” Rainbow complained, and Autumn Blaze laughed and clapped her on the shoulder.

“Right?” she said with a big smile. “I thought I was gonna go apeshit!”

“Yeah, seriously,” Rainbow cackled and found herself shaking Autumn’s hand with a soft smile on her face. “So, we’ll be seeing each other again sometime, yeah?”

“Oh yeah, definitely,” Autumn nodded confidently. “It’s fate. Just tell Applejack and Twilight Sparkle I said hey, okay?”

“Will do,” Rainbow nodded, and Autumn nodded. They stood there for a sec just looking at each other quietly, holding the other’s hand, when suddenly Autumn went in for the hug, and honestly Rainbow was down so she hugged Autumn back. Girl was warm.

And with that, and after Rarity said her goodbyes to Rain Shine, Autumn hopped onto Rain Shine’s back and the two got ready to take off.

“You gotta promise to talk to me this time,” Autumn laughed. “I can’t take another silent flight trip!”

“Okay, you have my word,” Rain Shine giggled.

“Or at least listen to me while I talk!” Autumn and Rain Shine laughed, taking off into the sky and looking back just for a moment to see Rainbow and Rarity waving at them.

Rainbow honestly couldn’t wait to see them again.

Her ears perked up as she felt Rarity’s soft hand gently holding hers, and she looked over and smiled at Rarity, who smiled bashfully back.

“Hey,” Rainbow said.

“Hey,” Rarity replied.

“You wanna talk about—”

“Not yet,” Rarity cut Rainbow off and shook her head. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t gotta apologize,” Rainbow shrugged. “You wanna just chillax for a sec? No one’s expecting us to get back in a hurry, so we got some time.”

“I would like that, I think,” Rarity nodded slowly. Even Rainbow could tell she was completely exhausted.

“Alright, just let good ol’ Rainbow Dash take care of ya for a bit,” Rainbow beamed and grabbed Rarity in a wing hug, Rarity putting her arms around Rainbow and hugging her.

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity sighed. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Rainbow said, planting a gentle kiss on Rarity’s forehead.

Author's Note:

missed a golden opportunity not naming all of the chapters in this fic after dragonforce songs smh

so hey, sorry for the sudden lack of updates! i got injured lmao! i'm on the mend now tho and tomorrow's chapter is done already so HOPEFULLY i can get started on building up a buffer for the first time in like a century

Anyhoo, if you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next