• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,944 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,944

PreviousChapters Next
254. No More Important Things, Society Has Progressed Past the Need for Important Things

So, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were having a day on the town. Fluttershy wanted to visit a lot of the local businesses that were run by dragons and see what kinda cool stuff she could find, and Pinkie was ALL ABOUT that! But Pinkie was also feeling nervous cuz her feelings for Fluttershy were still in a really weird place after that night at the Gala.

The funny thing about that though is that by the time the girls visited like the third shop, it was a garden shop full of lush green plants and multicolored flowers, some of which were unique to the Crystal Empire and Pinkie had never seen before, and Fluttershy was LOVING it. She was practically dancing through the aisles, explaining to Pinkie all sorts of cool flower facts that Pinkie barely understood but was utterly enthralled by.

It was so cute. Despite everything, she was still the same ol’ Fluttershy that Pinkie adored so much, and it almost made her feel silly for having been worried.

Pinkie wanted to say something as the girls left the shop but she didn’t know what she wanted to say, she just wanted to say something cuz silence is bad and scary and panicky and—

Fluttershy smiled at Pinkie, and Pinkie smiled back. Okay, maybe silence wasn’t so bad.

“What do you want to do now?” Fluttershy asked softly and Pinkie was SO GLAD she broke the silence cuz she wasn’t sure how much more she could take.

“I dunno,” Pinkie hummed as she walked down the street with Fluttershy by her side. She considered holding Fluttershy’s hand, but she was kinda enjoying the more casual vibe they had going, just hanging out together. Not everything had to be super romantic and gushy all the time. “Feelin’ kinda burned out to be honest.”

“Yeah, same here,” Fluttershy chuckled. “A lot’s been happening, and it always feels like we’re so busy all the time, running this way and that.”

“True that,” Pinkie sighed, but Fluttershy’s giggle brought her back to life. Gawd she was glad they were friends, even if Pinkie did get scared sometimes, and Fluttershy did get brainwashed sometimes.

“Sometimes it’s nice,” Fluttershy said, “to just hang out with friends instead of stressing about important stuff all day.”

“I wish we could just do this all day every day,” Pinkie grumbled and huffed.

“So do I,” Fluttershy chuckled into her hand and then ruffled Pinkie’s mane. “But sometimes there are—”

Fluttershy stopped in her tracks and looked into the distance, Pinkie following her gaze and seeing a pony walking down an intersection not too far away, Fluttershy’s eyes following the woman as she walked.

The woman looked to be an earth pony, though it’s possible she was a dragon. She had blue fur and a blue mane with a bunch of blue highlights tied into a cute ponytail. She was very BLUE! Except for her dress, that was a very cute pink.

“Someone you know?” Pinkie asked.

“No,” Fluttershy shook her head and returned her gaze to Pinkie with a soft smile. “Must’ve just been my imagination.”

Author's Note:

the garden aisle of home depot is an underrated place to hang out on a date imho

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next