• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,942 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,942

PreviousChapters Next
213. What Could Be More Perfect

Twilight breathed in and out, slowly. Very slow, calm, deliberate breaths.

Okay, maybe they were a little bit fast.

And they weren’t… well, they weren’t the calmest.

Alright she was hyperventilating.

She sat on the bed gasping for breath as Applejack walked into her room in the Canterlot inn to check on her.

“Oh, honey,” Applejack said concernedly, sitting on the bed beside Twilight and rubbing her back. That made Twilight feel a little bit better, at least enough to breathe okay. “Feelin’ anxious?”

“A little,” Twilight croaked. Twilight got up and spun around, watching in awe as her dress twirled around her. “How do I look?”

The dress was really something else; royal blue with crystalline accents, and stars all along the trim. It’s not something Twilight ever would have picked out for herself and yet it fit her almost too perfectly. She certainly felt good.

“Hon, you look stellar,” Applejack stood up and gave Twilight a soft, tender kiss to her lips, Twilight humming contentedly. Applejack chortled. “See, that was a pun!”

“It sure was,” Twilight rolled her eyes playfully and kissed Applejack again. “You look amazing too, by the way.”

“Thanks,” Applejack chuckled, tugging at the color of her suit. “I ain’t really much for this kinda fancy getup, but I’m at least glad I don’t gotta wear a dress. I think I’d literally die.”

“You don’t like dresses?” Twilight asked idly, giving Applejack another kiss cuz she just couldn’t help herself when she was being held by such a hot mare.

“Not really my style,” Applejack said, running her hand through Twilight’s mane. “And havin’ to wear a dress at a fancy party? Ugh, like I said, I’d probably die. And that’s ‘fore you even factor in havin’ to deal with Fluttershy.” Applejack paused for a sec and puffed up her cheeks. “Sorry, that was rude. I ain’t got nothin’ against Fluttershy, it’s just… stressful.”

“I understand,” Twilight sighed. “I wish there was something I could do to help.”

“I’ll be thinkin’ of ya,” Applejack laughed softly, brushing back Twilight’s bangs. “I’ll be thinkin’ of you, and of Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. That’ll give me the strength I need to do whatever I need to. And who knows? Me and Flutters could really hit it off!”

“Fluttershy is very sweet,” Twilight said, letting out a pitiful groan, “when she wants to be, that is. And you’re sweet too! You too should get along just fine, and Pinkie’s given her blessing, and Fluttershy has Rarity now too? There’s absolutely no reason why you two shouldn’t hit it off!”

“Yer absolutely right,” Applejack took a deep breath and sat on the bed, and Twilight sat right on her lap and put her arm around Applejack’s shoulders. “Yer absolutely right! We’re gonna have a grand ol’ time!”

“That’s right!” Twilight beamed.

It was funny; seeing Applejack being so obviously nervous, and failing so hard at trying to hide her nervousness, should’ve made Twilight feel even more anxious, and yet she found it was having the opposite effect.

Seeing someone as strong and confident and cool as Applejack struggle with anxiety made Twilight feel like it was okay that she was struggling too, cuz at least they were struggling together.

“It’ll be okay,” Twilight said softly, leaning in to kiss Applejack, who affectionately returned her kiss and nuzzled their noses together, getting a giggle out of Twilight.

“I know,” Applejack sighed. “No matter what happens, we’ll always have each other.”

“That’s right,” Twilight said dreamily, staring into her lover’s eyes. And then she had the best idea she’d ever had in her life and her eyes glittered with stars as she let the devil’s own grin spread across her face. “Applesolutely we will!”

Applejack snorted into laughter and collapsed back onto the bed, Twilight giggling like a fool as she laid on top of her.

“You’re so beautiful,” Applejack said, looking into Twilight’s eyes, and Twilight smiled when she realized she wasn’t afraid of it. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Twilight said, sharing one more little kiss with Applejack, as a treat.

“You nervous about Rarity?” Applejack asked, holding Twilight in her big strong arms as they laid together on the soft sheets.

“A little,” Twilight hummed. “Not as much now, but still a little.”

“She’s gonna take good care of you,” Applejack laughed softly, Twilight affectionately nuzzling against her, “I can promise ya that.”

“I don’t doubt it,” Twilight said. “But it’s our first date as a real couple, and I want everything to be perfect.”

“Everything will be perfect,” Applejack said with a kiss, Twilight biting her lip and sighing. “Cuz yer gonna be with a woman you love. What could be more perfect than that?”

Author's Note:

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next