• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,949 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,949

PreviousChapters Next
77. Housewife Dreams

Pinkie Pie giggled as she watched Applejack playing with Apple Bloom in the backyard, carrying her around on her big ol’ shoulders and such. Dinner had been a little awkward, but so far— since they left the train station at least— Applejack and Granny Smith hadn’t gotten into a fight. Granted, that was because they hardly talked at all, but that was at least… something.

“Applejack!” Granny called out from inside, making Pinkie flinch cuz what if this was the thing that started a fight? “Would you help me clean up, please!”

“Yeah, no problem, Granny!” Applejack shouted back. “Be right there!”

“Aww,” Apple Bloom whined as Applejack put her on the ground, “can’t you just get Big Mac to help Granny?”

“Big Mac’s gotta get some rest, sugarcube,” Applejack said. “He’s a Slayer, after all. He doesn’t get a lot of downtime. Needs all the rest he can get.”

“Sounds to me like we’re just spoilin’ him,” Apple Bloom huffed, and Applejack laughed and ruffled her mane.

“C’mon, be nice to your big brother,” Applejack said.

“I am nice!” Apple Bloom replied, sticking her tongue out. “I’m just sayin’, is all.”

“Honestly,” Applejack scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully as she headed back into the house, “no respect in this family, I tell ya.”

“I respect you, Applejack!” Pinkie said with her tongue hanging out as Applejack passed her, Applejack laughing and giving her a quick ruffle of her mane.

Once Applejack was gone, Apple Bloom sat beside Pinkie on the deck, stretching her arms above her head and dangling her feet off the edge.

“Hey Apple Bloom!” Pinkie said giddily, Apple Bloom giving her a sweet smile. “You wanna hear about the Spirit of the Everfree?”

“The magical pony you kept goin’ on about in yer letters?” Apple Bloom said excitedly. “Heck yeah I wanna hear about her!”

“Good! Cuz I really wanna tell you about her!” Pinkie beamed. Any excuse to gush about Fluttershy was one that she’d take.

And gush she did, but not just about Fluttershy; Pinkie regaled Apple Bloom with tales of the Everfree Spirit, yes, but she also talked about her trip with Twilight, the amazing foods of Sugarcube Corner, how awesome Twilight’s library was, and that party she had there with all her friends.

“Man, you sure are lucky, Pinkie,” Apple Bloom sighed and pouted, putting her fists against her cheeks. Pinkie felt real bad, cuz making Apple Bloom sad was like the opposite of what she was trying to do!

“What do you mean?” Pinkie asked, putting an arm around Apple Bloom. “Cuz I got to meet a forest spirit?”

“Well yeah,” Apple Bloom laughed, “that part’s pretty cool! But I’m talking about… uhm,” Apple Bloom paused and looked back toward the house, then looked side to side. “Can I share a secret with you, Pinkie?”

“Of course!” Pinkie squeaked. “And I won’t tell anypony, Pinkie Promise! Cross my heart and hope to etc. you know the rest!”

“I really don’t wanna be a Slayer!” Apple Bloom admitted sheepishly. “I wanna be a blacksmith or an enchantress, like you and Applejack!”

“Woah, seriously?” Pinkie said incredulously; never once did she picture her or Applejack’s career choice as being glamorous, especially not more than being a Slayer, though Applejack’s shame over retiring and Pinkie’s aspirations to become a Slayer did muddy the waters a bit.

“Yeah,” Apple Bloom said, pulling her legs up and holding them close to her, “bein’ a Slayer sounds super dangerous and scary, and plus Big Mac’s exhausted like a thousand percent of the time. I don’t wanna be exhausted all the time!”

“Hey, Apple Bloom,” Pinkie put her hand on Apple Bloom’s shoulder and gave an encouraging smile, “don’t let anypony, not even Granny, tell you that you can’t be a blacksmith if that’s what you wanna do. I’m sure you’ll make an incredible blacksmith.”

“Honestly, what I really wanna do,” Apple Bloom said excitedly, “is fall in love with a super cool Slayer girl or somethin’, and then be the pony that like, fixes up their gear and gets ‘em ready for battle and stuff! And whenever they come home after a long day of monster huntin’, I wanna be there to take care of ‘em! Nurse her wounds, make her some hot food, and make her feel okay!”

“Apple Bloom,” Pinkie said, her heart swelling from Apple Bloom’s adorable housewife dreams, “that’s an awesome dream.”

Author's Note:

i am told by media that many young girls daydream about married life. which is wild to me, cuz when i was a kid all i wanted was to hit monsters with swords

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next