• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,957 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,957

PreviousChapters Next
130. Head's Been Spinning

“Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow’s ears perked up at the sound of Twilight’s voice, and she turned to see Twilight walking down the stairs into the nearly empty Neighagra Falls Inn lobby, Rainbow relaxing at the sight of her and releasing her hitched breath.

“Oh, it’s just you, Twi,” Rainbow sighed and tried to relax again, squirming around to get comfortable on the plush chair in the center of the lobby.

“Yeah, it’s just me,” Twilight chuckled and took a seat in a chair nearby Rainbow, and she didn’t look any more comfortable than Rainbow did. “Thank you, by the way. For protecting Spike.”

“No problem,” Rainbow shrugged. “He’s my friend too, it’s not like I was gonna abandon him or anything.”

“I know,” Twilight smiled weakly, and then yawned. “You’re a good friend, Rainbow Dash.”

“That’s true,” Rainbow said, affecting a smug grin that made Twilight giggle.

“I’m surprised you’re still up,” Twilight said.

“Well, it’s kinda hard to sleep after an assassin’s been in your friend’s room,” Rainbow grumbled.

“I know what you mean,” Twilight muttered, scratching her cheek. “Still, the others don’t seem to have a problem with it!” Twilight laughed, and it made Rainbow smile to hear her acting happy, but—

“Twi, are you okay?”

Rainbow might’ve been dense, but she knew someone trying to hide how they really feel about something when she saw it.

“Of course not,” Twilight chuckled bitterly, and Rainbow was taken aback a bit by her bluntness, but Rainbow couldn’t help respect Twilight’s honesty. “An assassin was hiding in my room, and I have no idea how she got there! She tried to kill my son! Of course I’m not okay! But I have to act like it, for his sake.”

“I dunno about all that,” Rainbow huffed, “but you don’t have to pretend for my sake. You’ve been my friend for a while now, but like, I’ve never actually seen the real you. I’d like to though.”

Rainbow moved over to Twilight’s chair, perching on the arm of it and wrapping a wing around Twilight.

“I’m sorry I haven’t really been acting like a good friend recently,” Rainbow said. “My head’s been spinning a lot since we got back from Baltimare. But I don’t want you to think that you’re not important to me, or that I don’t care about you, or— or that your secret has changed the way I feel about you.

“You told me when I left for Baltimare that you loved me. And I want you to know that I love you too.”

Twilight looked up at Rainbow Dash, and her eyes shimmered like moonlight flickering on a pond. Her smile was soft and sweet and Rainbow could almost feel Twilight’s defenses melting away as she indulged in a tiny little giggle.

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said softly, “that’s pretty gay.”

You ARE!” Rainbow shrieked, giving Twilight a playful shove as Twilight laughed, but then Rainbow was totally caught off-guard by Twilight wrapping her arms around Rainbow.

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said, Rainbow hugging Twilight tight as Twi sniffled and let her tears start flowing, Rainbow trying and failing not to get misty-eyed herself. “I meant it when I said it. I love you.”

“I love you too,” Rainbow whispered as she gripped Twilight and held her close.

Rainbow meant it too.

But her hands were still shaking with fear. Fear of dragons.

Fear of Twilight.

Author's Note:

if i realized that one of my best friends was secretly a giant monster that i've been trained to hate and fear my entire life, i'd just forgive her and love her unconditionally instead of letting a lifetime of bigoted conditioning and propaganda muddy my feelings toward her. rip to rainbow dash but i'm different

also the finish line for this minor arc is almost in sight and thank goodness for that. writing and editing this arc has been rough, so i'll be happy to be past it. but more than that, i'm super excited for the next couple of arcs :3c

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next